Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Greta Thunberg Is Being Exploited! I'm Not Taking Advice From A Child

I think if you agree or disagree with her is your business... For the president of the United States to troll a teenager on Twitter is simply a show of bad taste... Anyone who thinks it is okay that he trolled a teenager needs to look at their kids and see how they would feel if the president decided to bully them... Money can buy a lot of things, but it can't buy class.

B/A

• Like 1
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

Anyone who thinks it is okay that he trolled a teenager needs to look at their kids and see how they would feel if the president decided to bully them

:lmao::lmao: Your killing me BA! :lmao::lmao:

"She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. So nice to see!" - President Trump

I am sorry, I don't see this being a bully. Once again, this is a sick attempt by the liberals/globalist using an autistic young girl to promote their agenda. You wanna talk about bullying and exploitation, then look at the liberal left that is responsible for using her for this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, 8th ID said:

:lmao::lmao: Your killing me BA! :lmao::lmao:

"She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. So nice to see!" - President Trump

I am sorry, I don't see this being a bully. Once again, this is a sick attempt by the liberals/globalist using an autistic young girl to promote their agenda. You wanna talk about bullying and exploitation, then look at the liberal left that is responsible for using her for this.

I see it as a grown man sarcastically picking on a little girl... Not very dignified or presidential, but I knew his followers would approve. So what's you kid's twitter account let's see how you like it when it is personal... I'm just kidding of course, I don't Twitter and if I did I wouldn't be picking on children.

B/A,

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

56 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

I see it as a grown man sarcastically picking on a little girl... Not very dignified or presidential, but I knew his followers would approve. So what's you kid's twitter account let's see how you like it when it is personal... I'm just kidding of course, I don't Twitter and if I did I wouldn't be picking on children.

B/A,

You need different glasses. If it was anybody but a Republican you would not have commented on it.

She is a prop for the Left and the Climate Control Gang. This is a no win situation for any one who criticized 

this young girl with a medical condition. Her parents should be ashamed for allowing her to be used this way.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just now, nstoolman1 said:

You need different glasses. If it was anybody but a Republican you would not have commented on it.

She is a prop for the Left and the Climate Control Gang. This is a no win situation for any one who criticized 

this young girl with a medical condition. Her parents should be ashamed for allowing her to be used this way.

All that said, and with most I do agree, however, be honest, should a president of the United States inject himself?

I remember when the media mentioned his kid, the world went crazy including him... He should know better... JMHO

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

25 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Half of our country suffers from a form of autism....they just didn't have a medical term for it when we were young.....although, incorrigible comes to mind.

GO RV, then BV

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/25/2019 at 5:20 AM, bostonangler said:

I think if you agree or disagree with her is your business... For the president of the United States to troll a teenager on Twitter is simply a show of bad taste... Anyone who thinks it is okay that he trolled a teenager needs to look at their kids and see how they would feel if the president decided to bully them... Money can buy a lot of things, but it can't buy class.

B/A

@bostonangler, first of all, I would never put my kids in the Social Media WWE Ring, like her parents have done. No 16 year old needs this kind of pressure in their lives, and if she truly believes what she is saying, shame on her parents!

Indy

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

Erica Thunberg is a young girl / warrior , whose health problem didn't stop her  in any way in carrying on her battle which now it's a worldwide movement...

I say: Honor to her, her courage, and  her high  ideal of a better world....She may be a small girl but she got GIGANTIC nuts

Here in Trento ( pop. 100,000) this morning most of the students  of middle and high schools were on strike and went all around the downtown area with signs etc....They were more than 8,000 ( one of the biggest student rallies ever here)

The minister of education told school teachers nation-wide to be lax on the fact they were skipping school today , which I personally appreciate

Consider that this today's rally is a worl-wide thing.....That's powerful imo

After years, if not decades in which students had lost interest and commitment  in practically anything uniting them somehow ( back in my time the unifier was Politics....rightwing and leftwing)...It's good they found a common ground for fighting / struggling pacifically and to socialize and just do something useful that the future generations will certainly appreciate ( at least the attempt.... after decades of almost total void)....JMHO

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, umbertino said:

Erica Thunberg is a young girl / warrior , whose health problem didn't stop her  in any way in carrying on her battle which now it's a worldwide movement...

I say: Honor to her, her courage, and  her high  ideal of a better world....She may be a small girl but she got GIGANTIC nuts

Here in Trento ( pop. 100,000) this morning most of the students  of middle and high schools were on strike and went all around the downtown area with signs etc....They were more than 8,000 ( one of the biggest student rallies ever here)

The minister of education told school teachers nation-wide to be lax on the fact they were skipping school today , which I personally appreciate

Consider that this today's rally is a worl-wide thing.....That's powerful imo

After years, if not decades in which students had lost interest and commitment  in practically anything uniting them somehow ( back in my time the unifier was Politics....rightwing and leftwing)...It's good they found a common ground for fighting / struggling pacifically and to socialize and just do something useful that the future generations will certainly appreciate ( at least the attempt.... after decades of almost total void)....JMHO

Well stated... Those who ridicule ideas of the next generation are the same people who in the end take advantage of the new ideas and some will claim the ideas were their own... All these people who don't respect this girl need to go ask the kids and grandkids what they think about it. Kids are becoming active and they are committed to changing their world. Imagine if the people ridiculing her today were alive when our founding fathers presented their ideas? they would have been wearing red coats and marching for the king...

B/A

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Exactly...It's only obvious that big corporations and multinationals  etc are not happy at all about her and the movement she has started creating ( which will become much bigger with time imvho) as they  foresee their monetary profits reduced ( who cares about Folks' health, right...   many examples....Flint water etc...)

But that's simple History repeating itself one more time...Where bad situations / struggles existed ( for the little People).....The PTB, the Powerful of this world NEVER GAVE / GIFTED  People with anything or changed ANYTHING....Every social conquest had to go through fights and struggles every single time in order to try and get get something./ some changes..

It had to be earned with sweat and tears ( hopefully with no blood in this particular case...)

Edited by umbertino

MENU

logo.jpg

Scoldilocks, Or the Story of Greta Thunberg
A pair of Scandinavian leftists pimp out their Asperger’s-suffering daughter to push global warming, and chaos ensues.
Scott McKay

September 25, 2019, 12:04 AM

Greta Thunberg addressing the United Nations (YouTube screenshot)
GretaThunberg.jpg

Monday was the culmination of a year’s worth of programmatic, propagandistic proselytization, as a 16-year-old Swedish child with a developmental disability took to a podium at the United Nations to harangue and insult the leaders of the free world over the supposed “mass extinction” that is coming as a result of global warming.

Sorry. “Climate change,” as though that is somehow a tragic event; never mind the fact that the climate changes four times per year in something we call “seasons.”

The 16-year-old, whose name is Greta Thunberg, suffers from Asperger Syndrome, a condition on the autism spectrum. One wouldn’t normally expect someone with Asperger’s to be chosen as the spokesperson for a global movement, given that sufferers from that condition are characteristically lacking in nonverbal communication, struggle with empathy, are typically very uncomfortable around large crowds, obsess pathologically about subjects not under their control, and often engage in long rants without consideration for how they will be received. Thunberg appears to be a more serious case, suffering from depression so severe she once went two months without eating and had to be pulled out of school.

And yet that’s precisely what the global warming cultists did, plucking this highly susceptible child, juicing her up with all of the bleak Malthusian auguries of an apocalypse less than two decades in the offing, and then featuring her at protest events across Europe before taking the Angry Cassandra Revue transatlantic. Congress was subjected to Thunberg’s scowling, then she addressed the idiotic Climate Strike demonstration late last week before Monday’s tour de gripe.

And what a show!

“This is all wrong. I shouldn’t be up here. I should be back in school on the other side of the ocean,” she said, in the part of her speech that was actually true. “Yet you all come to us young people for hope. How dare you. You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words.

“We are in the beginning of a mass extinction and all you can talk about is the money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth. How dare you. For more than 30 years the science has been crystal clear. How dare you continue to look away.”

There was more. “But the young people are starting to understand your betrayal. The eyes of all future generations are upon you. And if you choose to fail us, I say we will never forgive you.”

This apparently was an admonition that resonated, as at the UN meeting German chancellor Angela Merkel, who can’t seem to slow down her own catastrophic policymaking mistakes, pledged to increase that country’s climate-change spending from two billion euros to four as a response to a “wake-up call” from The Young.

As though The Young have any thoughts on this or any other political issue in their minds that are not planted there by adults. What we know about this And A Child Shall Lead Them fraud is that it’s the product of a widespread, persistent, and highly destructive indoctrination effort by the global Left in our schools and pop culture, so much so that it has caused mass hysteria among kids. A Rasmussen poll recently found that half of Americans under 35 believe the “mass extinction” Thunberg prattled on about is coming within 10 or 15 years, despite zero evidence anything like it is coming. And what do you get when you’re that successful in selling the (Earth’s) sizzle? Jon Gabriel at Ricochet delivers the bill:

According to the National Institutes of Health, nearly one-thirdof all 13- to 18-year olds will experience an anxiety disorder. The numbers continue to go up; between 2007 and 2012, anxiety in children and teens rose 20 percent.

The suicide rate for young Americans is now the highest ever recorded. Between 2000 and 2017, the number of suicides has doubled for females aged 15 to 24. Males between 15 and 19 killed themselves at a rate of 17.9 per 100,000, up from 13 per 100,000 in 2000.

Is that all from global warming hysteria? No, but it’s part of an abusive environment created within education and pop culture — worse in Europe than here, to be sure — that is targeted, relentlessly, toward wearing down to the nub the people who should be grateful for the bounty a market economy has delivered, and thus making them, in the words of Ming the Merciless, “satisfied with less.”

Dr. Michael Hurd, Ph.D., a psychotherapist in private practice for over 25 years and an author and columnist, identified Monday’s antics for what they really were: “Mental illness — defined as delusions, hallucinations and massively distorted cognitions,” he noted, “should not be celebrated at the United Nations in this way. Is there any doubt left that it’s time to defund this pretentious freak show and shut it down for good?”

And it is time, particularly considering that a generation or two before, these same people were offering up the same cataclysmic prophecies arising from global cooling and the coming of a new Ice Age and attempting to inflict them on schoolchildren. There are real villains out there … and they aren’t oil companies.

That this was a thorough and complete put-up job, the precise opposite of an organic grass-roots movement, can’t be emphasized enough. As the Washington Examiner’s Tiana Lowe recognized, Thunberg “has stage-parents, literally. Her mother sang opera internationally until the teenager convinced her to quit due to greenhouse gas emissions from flying, and her father and grandfather both gained fame through acting and directing.”

Question: were Daddy or Grampy part of the crew of Tommy? Just thought I’d ask, seeing as though it feels like I’ve seen this movie before — but the music was a lot better the first time.

If you believe mère Thunberg gave up an operatic career because of global warming concerns rather than recognizing she was washed up and there was a better gig waiting in the propping up of that otherwise-problematic kid as the High Priestess of the Global Warming Cult, you are not paying attention. In fact, as the Daily Beast recounts, the genesis of Monday’s spectacle came when Greta stopped having nightmares about other topics and instead started having them, obsessively, about the coming climate change apocalypse, and wouldn’t be dissuaded. It’s pretty clear that the parents decided to go with the flow and found a way to monetize the crazy. Hooking up with the well-funded and not overly scrupled environmentalist Left, which is more than happy to prostitute other people’s children for their cause, was just a spark of opportunistic genius one can’t find on an opera stage or a Swedish movie set.

So the rest of us will just have to pick up the pieces from The Traveling Thunberg Show. And that won’t be easy. Exactly how are you going to have a reasoned discussion with someone who believes that cow farts and Ford Explorers are going to kill the planet in 15 years?

“There will now be two kinds of people,” observed a horrified Robert P. George of Princeton University after enduring Monday’s adolescent UN rant. “Those who find what they watch on this video deeply moving and who regard Greta Thunberg as a prophet and perhaps a saint, and those who are outraged by what they regard as the indoctrination, manipulation, and exploitation of a child.”

The latter is clearly the correct reaction. Greta Thunberg has no idea what she’s talking about, as Monday’s spectacle clearly demonstrated. She’s talking about how the leaders of the free world have stolen her future when it’s fairly obvious she’s carved herself a position of fame and, likely, fortune on the rubber chicken circuit from Trondheim to Telluride lecturing insipid leftists like her parents on the evils of capitalism and prosperity, complete with foundation cash, ghostwritten environmentalist screeds, and Al Gore horror movie sequels as far as the eye can see.

At least until the climate apocalypse comes. Or until the money to fuel this fraud runs out.

Scott McKay is publisher of the Hayride, which offers news and commentary on Louisiana and national politics. He’s also a novelist: check out his first bookAnimus: A Tale of Ardenia, available in Kindle and paperback.

Scott McKay
FOLLOW THEIR STORIES:
VIEW MORE

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, umbertino said:

And that is part of the problem today. As a principal or minister of education or the one in charge, I would have gave every one of them a zero and unexcused absence for the day. Since when are middle school and high school students allowed to dictate what they are gonna do. 

14 hours ago, Indraman said:

@bostonangler, first of all, I would never put my kids in the Social Media WWE Ring, like her parents have done. No 16 year old needs this kind of pressure in their lives, and if she truly believes what she is saying, shame on her parents!

Indy

I couldn’t agree more. The moment her sick parents put her on that stage they opened the door for her ridicule. Don’t put a kid up there to push your false agenda then get mad and upset when there is pushback to your ploy. I am sick of this liberal agenda where they put these individuals up then expect you not to say anything. The moment you do, they want to yell racist, homophobe, or anything else they can think of. Better wake up people, this is far from over.

• Thanks 2

Just now, 8th ID said:

And that is part of the problem today. As a principal or minister of education or the one in charge, I would have gave every one of them a zero and unexcused absence for the day. Since when are middle school and high school students allowed to dictate what they are gonna do. 

I couldn’t agree more. The moment her sick parents put her on that stage they opened the door for her ridicule. Don’t put a kid up there to push your false agenda then get mad and upset when there is pushback to your ploy. I am sick of this liberal agenda where they put these individuals up then expect you not to say anything. The moment you do, they want to yell racist, homophobe, or anything else they can think of. Better wake up people, this is far from over.

This kid is saying what she believes in. Right or wrong that is her right... Unless you want to live in a police state... Do you slam people on race? I haven't seen you do that. Do you slam people on their sexual preference? I haven't seen you do that. She is fighting for what she believes in. Would you have slammed Samuel Adams when he threw tea in the Boston Harbor? Many locals did. Are you one of them? I didn't think so... I don't understand why grown up intelligent people would be bothered by a kid speaking about what she believes. America really has lost her way.

Do you want something to really think about? Think about this.

The Fed, the private bank that controls the money, has been slashing rates to save the economy. They are pouring billions everyday into the stock market and "recapitalizing banks" in other words they are bailing the banks out again and have you heard anything about it in the news? Nope all we hear about is Trump, Impeachment, Climate Change, Trade War, but nothing about what's going on down on Wall Street... D.C. is creating chaos and the media is gobbling it up and the citizens follow the worthless media, and the whole time the banksters are setting everyone up for a big fall... If it wasn't so sad it would be laughable.

B/A

• Thanks 1

As expected ...The smear campaign has started....Nothing new......

From a specific ( apparently at least) political side.....Not surprising at all......

I'm sure there are a few conservatives in the whole world ( not US only) who agree with her as I'm sure there are a few progressives world-wide who don't...

This shouldn't  be something  focusing on political loyalty...At all infact...

One should just support and believe in whatever  based on his / her personal convictions one has matured after years and years of living in this world.....The way it should ALWAYS be ( but it's not)

Edited by umbertino

End Quote

You're right...In that they're going to do that in  regions ( which are more or less like US like states but with much much less independence / autonomy ) like mine and others which are rightwing -governed and some of them are called "autonomous" (mine for instance) regions meaning they are somehow detached from the Central Gov't decisions in most things including Education...So it will happen as you said also here in my Region most likely....

I personally do not agree with it as the Minister of Education himself , as I stated before, had written to all principals in the Nation , asking for a sort of lax  reaction toward this event of today...ie. no disciplinary notes or anything like that....

Edited by umbertino