Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Democrats Are Walking Right Into Trump's Trap, NYT Implies Trump Wants The Impeachment Fight

2 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Not only did they give him the keys to the kingdom...they made sure his children got copies of their own.  

I think it is referred to as legacy building.  I suspect there is a family history of sheep herding. Based solely on my observation of their proclivity for skillful fleecing. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, bostonangler said:

just a couple of quick ones.....  

Lie

“During my first week in office, I brought American auto companies to the White House . . .And none of them ever got to see the Oval Office before, because nobody took them into the Oval Office.”
—March 15, 2018, remarks about his executive order rolling back new clean vehicle and fuel efficiency standards 

Reality

President George W. Bush hosted a meeting with car company CEOs in the Oval Office in 2006. Democratic predecessors Barack Obama and Bill Clinton also brought industry executives to the White House, in 2009 and 1993, respectively.

Lie

“In fact, you read about it, last week a brand-new coal mine just opened in the state of Pennsylvania. First time in decades, decades…And 33,000 mining jobs have been added since my inauguration.”

Reality

Trump’s math is delusional. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the coal mining sector employed 50,000 workers in January 2017, the month Trump was inaugurated, and 50,800 workers in June 2017, when he made this incorrect statement. That’s a net gain of 800 jobs, not 33,000.

Lie

“[W]e don’t make windmills in the United States.”
—November 23, 2016, interview with the New York Time

Reality

More than 500 manufacturing facilities across 43 states built wind turbines and their components in 2015, according to the American Wind Energy Association, and more than 21,000 manufacturing employees worked in the wind sector supply chain.

Lie

“China will be allowed to build hundreds of additional coal plants. So we can’t build the plants, but they can, according to the agreement.”

Reality

The Paris Agreement does not restrict countries from building power plants. Countries decide for themselves how to best reduce emissions―for example, by shutting down dirty coal plants, improving energy efficiency, or switching to renewable energy. China canceled plans for more than 100 coal plants (including some already under construction) last year because of the rapid rise of renewables and lagging energy demand,

Lie

“I will say this. I don’t want to give trillions and trillions of dollars. I don’t want to lose millions and millions of jobs. I don’t want to be put at a disadvantage.”
—October 11, 2018, interview on 60 Minutes, following both Hurricane Michael and the release of the latest IPCC report

Reality

In fact, energy efficiency is the fastest-growing job sector in the energy industry—employing twice as many workers as all U.S. fossil fuel sectors combined. According to the latest report by E2, a nonpartisan organization that advocates for environmentally and economically smart policies, clean energy jobs now employ 3.2 million Americans.

And those aren't including who pays for the wall... You do.

So just keep swallowing the Kool-Aid.

B/A

Yep.....12,000......and those you mentioned......all probably represent national security issues......nice try...

Pathetic...      CK

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

As this political divide widens, I've come to realize that what appears to be most Trump supporters have gone from defending Trump to defending their own decisions for defending Trump.  They are all in and will never be swayed.  I've come to expect it, just never from you CL.  Donald's list of lies is truly huge, very close to the numbers B/A has sited.  And although those lies are past on from MSM, they no less came right from Trump's mouth, through twitter, audio or video...the evidence truly exists and can't be brushed aside as fake news.  I don't think you an I are on polar opposites of the political spectrum, so why so much push back for the lies that Trump has indeed said?

GO RV, then BV 

My push back is on the lying MSM and the mind control methods they are using on the American public.......Started a thread on that.....

One man....Trump....doesn't carry any weight vs the entirety of the MSM......    CL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Whistleblowers Act... 

Long title An Act to amend title 5, United States Code, to strengthen the protections available to Federal employees against prohibited personnel practices, and for other purposes.
Nicknames Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989
Enacted by the 101st United States Congress
Effective April 10, 1989
Citations
Public law 101-12
Statutes at Large 103 Stat. 16
Codification
Titles amended 5 U.S.C.: Government Organization and Employees
U.S.C. sections amended 5 U.S.C. ch. 12 § 1201 et seq.
Legislative history
  • Introduced in the Senate as S. 20 by Carl Levin (DMI) on January 25, 1989
  • Passed the Senate on March 16, 1989 (97-0, Roll call vote 24, via Senate.gov)
  • Passed the House on March 21, 1989 (Agreed voice vote)
  • Signed into law by President George H.W. Bush on April 10, 1989

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, nstoolman1 said:

That act does not mention not naming the whistle blower only protection from being attacked at work. 

Everyone has the right to face their accuser.

They probably amended it... I just thought it was funny that it was signed by a republican and now the republicans don't like it... Ain't Washington just grand???   LOL

B/A

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

That act does not mention not naming the whistle blower only protection from being attacked at work. 

Everyone has the right to face their accuser.

I understand the reasons for the protection.  I mean let's be honest here, every other day we're hearing conspiracies of how the Clintons knocked off this dude or that guy....seems hard righties would understand the need for witness secrecy.  That said, I would love to see Trump, without his stable of lawyers, square off with his accuser in front of an impeachment inquiry board for the entire American public to see.

GO RV, then BV 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Politics

Sam Donaldson: ‘Conventional Wisdom’ About Trump And Senate GOP Could Be Wrong

Lee Moran,HuffPost 8 hours ago 
  • 5da5834f200000c70c500cd1.jpg

Sam Donaldson on Monday dismissed what he believes is the “conventional wisdom” that says the GOP-controlled Senate will have President Donald Trump’s back, even if he is impeached.

The veteran ABC news anchor explained to CNN’s Don Lemon why he thought the assumption “the House would impeach but the Senate would never convict with all those Republicans there, may be wrong.”

He cited potentially damaging developments that keep emerging in the fast-paced impeachment investigation into Trump, which stemmed from a whistleblower complaint that the president pressured the Ukrainian leader to dig up dirt on potential Democratic 2020 rival Joe Biden.

“I think the Senate can convict if things like this keeps going,” said Donaldson.

He later agreed that public support was the key to impeachment and suggested a recent Quinnipiac University poll that showed support for Trump to be impeached and removed from office at 46% was “not nearly enough.”

On Sunday, Donaldson predicted Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) would “throw him (Trump) over” if polls such as a Fox News one that said 51% want Trump impeached and removed from office continued to rise.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/sam-donaldson-donald-trump-senate-gop-090401049.html

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:
Politics

Sam Donaldson: ‘Conventional Wisdom’ About Trump And Senate GOP Could Be Wrong

Lee Moran,HuffPost 8 hours ago 
  • 5da5834f200000c70c500cd1.jpg

Sam Donaldson on Monday dismissed what he believes is the “conventional wisdom” that says the GOP-controlled Senate will have President Donald Trump’s back, even if he is impeached.

The veteran ABC news anchor explained to CNN’s Don Lemon why he thought the assumption “the House would impeach but the Senate would never convict with all those Republicans there, may be wrong.”

He cited potentially damaging developments that keep emerging in the fast-paced impeachment investigation into Trump, which stemmed from a whistleblower complaint that the president pressured the Ukrainian leader to dig up dirt on potential Democratic 2020 rival Joe Biden.

“I think the Senate can convict if things like this keeps going,” said Donaldson.

He later agreed that public support system" rel="">support was the key to impeachment and suggested a recent Quinnipiac University poll that showed support system" rel="">support for Trump to be impeached and removed from office at 46% was “not nearly enough.”

On Sunday, Donaldson predicted Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) would “throw him (Trump) over” if polls such as a Fox News one that said 51% want Trump impeached and removed from office continued to rise.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/sam-donaldson-donald-trump-senate-gop-090401049.html

GO RV, then BV

Sam may be on to something.....but the thought that the Phoney Ukaine fiasco will do Trump in is somewhat flawed....

Recall neither the left or right cared for Trump.....pre.....or post election....

The right held all the cards for the first 2 years....and did nothing.......today it is still Trump against the world of establishment politics.....both parties......so.....perhaps given the opportunity to oust Trump.......especially if Pence is in the back pocket of the establishment......they would try making that move...CL

• Upvote 3

• The floodgates are opening as Trump officials publicly defy his orders and more whistleblowers come out of the shadows
  • The Trump administration has been clear: Officials are not to comply with Congress' demands for documents and witness testimony in its impeachment inquiry.
  • But it looks like the people around President Donald Trump are done taking his orders, and the dam is bursting as a flurry of current and former officials step up to testify.
  • Taken together, their revelations paint a damaging portrait of a concerted effort across the government to leverage US foreign policy in exchange for material that would personally benefit the president.
  • More whistleblowers are also coming out of the shadows. In addition to three who have already been reported on, Congress has heard from several more in recent days, some of whom were determined to speak out after learning of Trump's efforts to use official policy for political gain.
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

The Trump administration was unequivocal: Government officials are not to comply with Congress' demands for documents and witness testimony as they investigate whether to impeach President Donald Trump.

But it looks like the people around Trump are done taking his orders, and the dam is finally bursting.

It started in August, when a US intelligence official filed an unprecedented whistleblower complaint accusing the president of using his public office for private gain.

Specifically, the official alleged that Trump repeatedly pressured Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky during a July 25 phone call to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter for corruption. Trump also asked Zelensky to help discredit the FBI's finding that Russia secretly worked to help elect Trump.

Beyond asking a foreign power for dirt against a political rival ahead of an election, Trump is also battling allegations that he held up a nearly $400 million military-aid package to Ukraine days before the phone call to maintain leverage over Zelensky.

In the weeks since, Trump officials have come out of the woodwork, in defiance of his and other top officials' orders to stay silent, to offer their own testimony to lawmakers in the impeachment inquiry.

Taken together, their revelations paint a damaging portrait of a concerted effort across the Trump administration to leverage US foreign policy in exchange for material that would personally benefit the president.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/floodgates-opening-trump-officials-publicly-204842782.html

Oh Donny, when will you learn, those folks don't work for you, they work for American public and serve the flag not your ego...

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

19 hours ago, bostonangler said:
  • The floodgates are opening as Trump officials publicly defy his orders and more whistleblowers come out of the shadows
  • The Trump administration has been clear: Officials are not to comply with Congress' demands for documents and witness testimony in its impeachment inquiry.
  • But it looks like the people around President Donald Trump are done taking his orders, and the dam is bursting as a flurry of current and former officials step up to testify.
  • Taken together, their revelations paint a damaging portrait of a concerted effort across the government to leverage US foreign policy in exchange for material that would personally benefit the president.
  • More whistleblowers are also coming out of the shadows. In addition to three who have already been reported on, Congress has heard from several more in recent days, some of whom were determined to speak out after learning of Trump's efforts to use official policy for political gain.
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

The Trump administration was unequivocal: Government officials are not to comply with Congress' demands for documents and witness testimony as they investigate whether to impeach President Donald Trump.

But it looks like the people around Trump are done taking his orders, and the dam is finally bursting.

It started in August, when a US intelligence official filed an unprecedented whistleblower complaint accusing the president of using his public office for private gain.

Specifically, the official alleged that Trump repeatedly pressured Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky during a July 25 phone call to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter for corruption. Trump also asked Zelensky to help discredit the FBI's finding that Russia secretly worked to help elect Trump.

Beyond asking a foreign power for dirt against a political rival ahead of an election, Trump is also battling allegations that he held up a nearly $400 million military-aid package to Ukraine days before the phone call to maintain leverage over Zelensky.

In the weeks since, Trump officials have come out of the woodwork, in defiance of his and other top officials' orders to stay silent, to offer their own testimony to lawmakers in the impeachment inquiry.

Taken together, their revelations paint a damaging portrait of a concerted effort across the Trump administration to leverage US foreign policy in exchange for material that would personally benefit the president.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/floodgates-opening-trump-officials-publicly-204842782.html

Oh Donny, when will you learn, those folks don't work for you, they work for American public and serve the flag not your ego...

B/A

yawn icon

Indy

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

On 10/14/2019 at 9:44 AM, Shabibilicious said:

Obstruction of justice is unlawful and an impeachable offense....Mueller did not exonerate Trump from such and Trump's AG, Mr Barr, has done his best to shelter Trump from it.  Fact.

Colluding with a foreign government for dirt on a political opponent is also impeachable, most certainly deserves investigation.

A man who claims to be the most transparent president in history sure does go a long way to conceal the truth.....An innocent man has nothing to hide.  Fact

Nothing is the U.S. Constitution says the House has to have a vote on an impeachment inquiry.....and if Trump's lawyers want to hang their hats on precedent....they better remember they work for a man that has destroyed every precedent established before him....Let's see those taxes.

GO RV, then BV

The following admission is an impeachable offense, an admission in Biden's own words. It is real quid pro quo or as you stated colluding with a foreign government. Prime example of the deepest core of of corruption in our government:

This is the corruption Trump was alluding to in his call with Ukraine. Biden just happens to be a POTUS candidate which is why people want to tie this to the collusion with Ukraine and the upcoming 2020 election. If it is corrupt for Trump this is doubly corrupt when Biden did it. Pure and simple, politics aside. 

Edited by Theseus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

GOP candidate files ethics complaint against Adam Schiff over willingness to accept 'compromising material' on Trump during prank phone call

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/adam-schiffs-2020-gop-challenger-files-ethics-complaint-over-attempt-to-get-trump-dirt-in-ukraine-prank-call?fbclid=IwAR39cS825Nd-VGbkKBjzSaiscllFWn5I2FL1aREE2w4mbdFTpgpw5gAl3U4

Karsten

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Because this is a Political COUP against this POTUS and the people who voted for him, the complicit LAME-STREAM MEDIA and Democrat Party Leaders are standing silently by while the evidence mounts to show Schiff must step down and recuse himself from the so called, "Impeachment Inquiry (Witch Hunt)". How many voices on the LEFT will call for Schiff's Recusal? Nothing but Crickets!

giphy.gif&ehk=ouQaPRe83WEunaRFhcIWKQ

Indy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I wonder if THIS isn't the last stand of the miscreants BEFORE the IG report is released and exposes the Ku Ku Koup.

I was surprised ONLY 60 Republicans did NOT support the House "resolution".

Being the strong arm in ANY piece of "foreign" "territory" NEVER has lasting effects. The same base issues remain. If I remember right, Georgia had two warring factions before the Soviets took over and forced peace. After the Soviets left, seventy (70) years later, the warring factions started right up again.

So, WHY, pray tell, WERE The VALUED United States Of America Service Persons IN Syria THAT BENEFITTED The United States Of America Interests THAT WARRANTED PUTTING The VALUED United States Of America Service Persons' lives at RISK DEFENDING The Constitution Of The United States Of America TO INCLUDE The Ratified Bill Of Rights???!!!

Have to have CLEAR AND ATTAINABLE OBJECTIVES BEFORE "boots" "on" THE "ground".

Get 'em IN THEN Get 'em OUT IF THE PLAN IS NECESSITATED TO BEGIN WITH.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Keep Digging Liberals for the Dirt to Impeach Trump.....Only to continue to Expose the Dirty Dealing you have been up to for Years.....I have a feeling the American People are going to see the Truth about the Left very soon.

The Obama administration gave Ukrainian justice a list of ‘untouchables,’ including people close to Soros

https://thebl.com/politics/the-obama-administration-gave-ukrainian-justice-a-list-of-untouchables-including-people-close-to-soros.html

Karsten

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1