Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Warning...Heads Up Drivers New Stop and Grab Scam

Karsten

****ATTENTION PLEASE READ****

Last night I was downtown stopped at a stoplight. Suddenly the vehicle in front of me began backing up. I blared my horn but before I could do anything else the vehicle tapped the front end of my car. I stayed where I was. The man quickly jumped out of his car and approached my window. I cracked it just enough to talk to him. I asked for his insurance which he quickly flashed to me and said, “no damage come look.” I firmly said, “No I need a copy of your insurance.” The man just kept saying, “come out and look there’s no damage.” I stayed put. I asked once more for his insurance assuring him that I would call the cops and then took a picture of his license plate. Next thing I knew the man darted off, got into his car and drove away.

All I could think was that I had just gotten into a hit and run and hoped there really wasn’t any damage— it didn’t occur to me that this was an attempt to do so much more.

I called my dad to tell him what happened and ask for advice. I explained the situation and that I hadn’t got out yet to look when he said, “Don’t get out and go somewhere well lit.” I didn’t understand but I listened. I got out and looked sure enough there was no damage. My dad explained that this was likely a scheme to try to get me out of the car to possibly take me. I was instantly horrified at the idea. He asked me if the guy was in a van—he was. I’m sharing this to help make others aware of this scheme. Had I gotten out of the car I might not be here writing this post. PLEASE, PLEASE be cautious as this could happen to anyone. In other scenarios there could be another car behind you for a more aggressive attempt to take you or even multiple men getting out at once to approach your car. If you are at all unsure of a situation CALL THE POLICE.

I STILL DO NOT KNOW WHY I DIDNT GET OUT OF THE CAR BUT I’M REALIZING NOW THAT NOT DOING SO MAY HAVE SAVED MY LIFE.

I have reported the license plate/description of the vehicle to the police.

This post was written to be shared/to help warn others about a real life situation that happened/could happen to anyone.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Karsten

Edited by Karsten
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 5

• 1 month later...

Thanks....It's been going on for years here even if not never getting to a kidnapping ( thank God for that)

Here they basically target mainly women and old folks....They go with the same mode Karsten described only to approach your car and inviting you to get out the vehicle and verify if there's any damage...Since the person allegedly hit is a li'l nervous and/or agitated for the situation, the inner alarm level goes off...That's when while the 1st individual uses confusing chat on you,   the alleged hitter's complicit ( usually here it's 2 folks, man and woman)  takes advantage and enters your car  (which wasn't locked) and grabs purse and/or anything of value real quick....

Edited by umbertino

On 9/23/2019 at 1:52 PM, Karsten said:

This post was written to be shared/to help warn others about a real life situation that happened/could happen to anyone.

Appreciate you sharing this Karsten.  It’s an old scam but it’s good to be reminded there are still evil people doing it.

6 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

God would keep me in and .45 ACP

Never leave home without my Glock 30, 45 cal.  

• Upvote 2

First Karsten Thank God your instincts are so elevated as to sense the danger. Muslims in England 

are doing this to just get someone out of the car and stab them to death. I took the time to explain this event 

to my wife and make her aware of the dangers. Thank you for the heads up. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1