Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Face of Islam

7 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

And yet Jesus said, 

JOHN 14:16-26

15If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 19Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. 21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. 22Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? 23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

LDG.  I'm  unclear what you are expressing here to me but feel sure you are trying to make a point.  Not sure what this has to do with the difference in religion and Christianity.  Please share so I can understand your point because I totally missed it.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Your post, while totally accurate, is written in a way that can be misleading. 

I've seen this for decades, and have even been guilty of falling into this subtle sin myself. 

The sin of believing that once saved I can live life as I wish knowing that Jesus has forgiven me. This is simply not true. John  14 clearly shows us that we must express our love for Christ through our obedience to him. 

Now we know that all are sinners, and we all will continue in sin. But someone who is truly saved by the Blood of Jesus will have received the Holy Spirit and find in him the strength to overcome sin. And where we fail we find through the same Holy Spirit Grace in Jesus Christ. 

Many today say that this thinking makes us slaves to 'religion' but that is not true. We are slaves only to Jesus Christ. 

Another misnomer in the "no religion" argument is that Jesus never set upon the earth his church. Or that the people of "saved Faith" are the 'Church'. Again not true. To believe that Jesus never set upon the earth his church is to suggest chaos as the norm. Humanity cannot function without structure of some form. And so Jesus gave the Apostles His authority over the forgiveness of sin when he said, 

John 20:22-23

22And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: 23Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

It was through the Holy Spirit that the Doctrinal Foundation of the Church was laid. 

But as it is with all organizations where men are involved sin has crept into the Church slowly over the centuries until today about the only thing that remains is the Sacraments and the Authority of Jesus Christ. But it's still His Church because the Authority of Jesus Christ will forever superseded the sins of man. And The Sacraments  (which ARE the commandments of God) are always preformed by the Authority of Jesus Christ. 

Let us remember his words, 

"If you love me, keep my commandments. 

I read LAIC post and came away with the exact thing you are saying LGD. We are saved and when we sin, even the best of us, can befall temptation, we then pick ourselves up, ask for forgiveness and try harder to not fall again. It really is a matter of sin, fall down, pick ourselves up ask for forgiveness, cyce

Yes we should try not to repeat the cycle often but it will happen

• Thanks 2

Yes, to both lgd and nstoolman

. Thank you for pointing out where I said we don't  have to follow the law to a t. Not exactly the best way to relay what I was trying to say

My thought and my reasoning was to express that Jesus fulfilled the law that we cannot and would never be able to fulfill on our own.  Yes, Jesus fulfilled all law required by God.  I see the confusion here and why.  It was not my intention to express that after salvation that we are not to be obedient to Gods word.  Yes, the Holy Spirit enables us but in our finite  understanding and  sinfulness that is still attached to our flesh we fall daily.  I think all of us truly try our best to be pleasing to God in all ways, but at best we always fall short to His standards.  Dependence on the HolySpirit always leads us but even then we choose sometimes to have our own way.  We are convicted by Him, we ask for forgiveness and seek to be better pleasing.  He forgives but true repentance is asking for forgiveness trying best not to commit that sin again.  Sorrow for the act and turning away from it.  Our walk with God is just that. Walking daily to please Him.

Until we can turn it over and have complete dependence on Him, we will never meet the standard that God requires to be in His presence on this side of glory.  Jesus did that for us.  God sees us thru His Sons righteousness.  The more we strive to be like Him, the more we see our own sinful nature.  Yes we fall before Him begging His forgiveness knowing that we have grieved His Spirit.

Thankyou for pointing out where I miswrote.  I understand you bringing this to my attention.  This isn't my 1st mistake to ever make and certainly won't  be the last.  Correction was neccessary.  Thank you both again.

Next LGD, I'm  still somewhat confused about what you are speaking about  sacraments.  The Protestant faith believe that God commanded the Lords Supper and Baptism.  But we also believe that Baptism is not what saves us.  In other words, if a man/woman repents and confesses the Lord Jesus as Saviour and dies before he is baptized, he is still saved.  God saved the thief on the cross because of repentance and true belief in his heart that Jesus was Lord.  Baptism should always be done as a confession of faith but does not stand to condemn if it can't be performed.  Is this what you are speaking of?  I realize that the Catholic faith looks differently at this so all I can say is I believe God knows our hearts.  He knows the sincerity of every soul.  I can not say who is right and who is wrong in baptism, I can only account for myself and what I believe the Holy Spirit has expressed to me thru Gods Word.

if this is not what you are trying to express to me then by all means let me know.   Like you, I'm  always willing to talk about the Lord.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Your post, while totally accurate, is written in a way that can be misleading. 

I've seen this for decades, and have even been guilty of falling into this subtle sin myself. 

The sin of believing that once saved I can live life as I wish knowing that Jesus has forgiven me. This is simply not true. John  14 clearly shows us that we must express our love for Christ through our obedience to him. 

Now we know that all are sinners, and we all will continue in sin. But someone who is truly saved by the Blood of Jesus will have received the Holy Spirit and find in him the strength to overcome sin. And where we fail we find through the same Holy Spirit Grace in Jesus Christ. 

Many today say that this thinking makes us slaves to 'religion' but that is not true. We are slaves only to Jesus Christ. 

Another misnomer in the "no religion" argument is that Jesus never set upon the earth his church. Or that the people of "saved Faith" are the 'Church'. Again not true. To believe that Jesus never set upon the earth his church is to suggest chaos as the norm. Humanity cannot function without structure of some form. And so Jesus gave the Apostles His authority over the forgiveness of sin when he said, 

John 20:22-23

22And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: 23Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

It was through the Holy Spirit that the Doctrinal Foundation of the Church was laid. 

But as it is with all organizations where men are involved sin has crept into the Church slowly over the centuries until today about the only thing that remains is the Sacraments and the Authority of Jesus Christ. But it's still His Church because the Authority of Jesus Christ will forever superseded the sins of man. And The Sacraments  (which ARE the commandments of God) are always preformed by the Authority of Jesus Christ. 

Let us remember his words, 

"If you love me, keep my commandments. 

Yes, our Lord Jesus did set up His church which was thru His Apostles and followers.  I do believe that we are now His church body.  The church is not a building, temple, a place of worship or denomination but His true followers.  We are of the church age which was established to carry on with the belief of what Jesus did and why while He walked this earth and how he once and for all atoned for our sins.  I believe,in my understanding that we are the church and we are to carry forth the good news until His kingdom comes forth.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Ask any good Catholic, “How many Catholic Churches are there?” And he will no doubt proudly and promptly reply, “There is but ONE Catholic Church.” And then, perhaps, with a bit of pride for his own church, he will point at Protestantism, and say: “Protestantism is split into countless wrangling sects. The few remnants of Christianity that hide the leprosy of heresy are wearing away, and the grinning skeleton of infidelity appears in all its blasphemous deformity!” But not the Catholic Church. She is one.

Read more: Only one Catholic Church? https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/l/r1/lp-e?q=w52+8%2F1+pp.+453-455

The word/term Catholic does not simply mean Christian also the argument and the King James story of Acts 11:26 to be the first appearance of the word/term Catholic, According to history does not hold true.

Acts written by Luke from 33CE completed 61CE.

The word Catholic(usually written with uppercase in English; derived via Late Latin catholicus, from the Greek adjective καθολικός (katholikos), meaning "universal")[3][4] comes from the Greek phrase καθόλου (katholou), meaning "on the whole", "according to the whole" or "in general", and is a combination of the Greek words κατά meaning "about" and λος meaning "whole".[5][6] The first use of "Catholic" was by the church father Saint Ignatius of Antioch in his Letter to the Smyrnaeans (circa 110 AD).

Read more: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_(term)

The Latinized Greek term Khri·sti·a·nosʹ, found only three times in the Christian Greek Scriptures, designates followers of Christ Jesus, the exponents of Christianity. — Ac 11:26;26:28;1Pe 4:16.

“It was first in Antioch [Syria] that the disciples were by divine providence called Christians.” (Ac 11:26) It is possible, then, that this name was used as early as the year 44 C.E. when the events surrounding this text occurred, although the grammatical structure of this phrase does not necessarily make it so; some think it was a little later. At any rate, by about 58 C.E., in the city of Caesarea, the term was well known and used even by public officials, for at that time King Herod Agrippa II said to Paul: “In a short time you would persuade me to become a Christian.” —Ac 26:28.

Bible writers in addressing fellow believers or describing followers of Christ used expressions such as “believers in the Lord,” “brothers” and “disciples” (Ac 5:14;6:3;15:10), “chosen ones” and “faithful ones” (Col 3:12;1Ti 4:12), “slaves to God” and “slaves of Christ Jesus” (Ro 6:22;Php 1:1), “holy ones,” “congregation of God,” and “those who call upon the Lord.” (Ac 9:13;20:28;1Co 1:2;2Ti 2:22) These terms with doctrinal meaning were used primarily as internal congregational designations. To outsiders Christianity was referred to as “The Way” (Ac 9:2;19:9,23;22:4)

Read more: Christian https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200000967?q=Acts+11%3A26&p=par#h=7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 1/11/2020 at 11:33 AM, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Before we go any further into this I want to make some things clear. First, I am not attempting to 

get you to convert to Catholicism at all. Second, I am in no way attempting to, "shove my beliefs down your throat". I am only attempting to answer questions that you ask with the knowledge the Holy Spirit has given me. 

As you know I am Catholic. But you may not be aware that I've only been Catholic for just under two years. Before that I was, like you, a very devout Protestant. Thus as Paul the Apostle was both a Jew and a Roman, I consider myself both a Catholic and a Protestant. 

I wish to go into this with you for one reason. I've followed your post for so many years and to be honest your walk with the Lord reminds me of myself. And not just  a little. I can tell that you are someone not only seeking the Kingdom of Heaven, but that you aren't going to  settle for anything less. You know what you know but at the same time your still looking for what you don't know. So I will lay out what I truly believe that God has shown me by the Holy Spirit and what either of us do with that is between ourselves and God. 

This will take many post and will require both of us to remember that we are, after all, Brother and Sister. 

Let us start at the beginning.

What does the word 'Catholic' actually mean?

According to the Online etymology Dictionary, Catholic simply means Christian. 

Medieval Latin catholicus was practically synonymous with Christian and meant "constituting or conforming to the church, its faith and organization"

This is important to understand especially when we consider where the word Catholicus, Catholic, Christian was first used. 

Acts 11:26

And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Now don't let that confuse you because it says 'Christians' and not Catholic. King James order the Bible to be translated in 1611 after he had a falling out with the Pope over his estranged wife. So he naturally had the word Catholicus translated to Christian. King James was setting up the English version of the Church and didn't want it to use the literal translation of Catholicus because of his feud with the Pope. But it was in Antioch that historical records show the Church was first called Catholic. 

It wasn't until the year 1517 when Martin Luther left the Church in disgust over the doctrine of indulgences that the Protestant faith was born. The first being the Lutheran Church.

Which is why to this day the Lutheran faith is so closely resembled to Catholicism.

When Martin Luther pinned his “95 Theses” to the door of the Wittenberg Castle church (as he is said by some religious historians to have done) in 1517, it was the final manifestation of a protracted and unsuccessful effort at convincing the Catholic Church to reform from within.  It represented Luther’s break from the Church, and the genesis of the Protestant Reformation. 

Martin Luther had been a devoted disciple of the Catholic Church, a monk and religious scholar who dedicated his life to practicing and teaching the central tenets of Christianity.

Understanding all of this is important if we wish to understand both our faiths. 

You asked about the Sacraments. In the Church Jesus set up 7 Sacraments. Their purpose is to 

bring us closer to Jesus through the Authority given to the Apostles. It should be noted that this 

authority has been passed down for centuries through the laying on of hands by the Priesthood.

The Seven Sacraments

Baptism

Eucharist

Confirmation

Reconciliation

Anointing of the sick

Marriage

Holy orders

These same Sacraments are also used in the first Protestant faith, Lutheranism. It wasn't until the advent of other Protestant denominations that some of the Sacraments were abandoned. To clarify one thing the "Eucharist" Sacrament is what Protestants call Communion. Though I personally believe that most (not all) Protestant denominations don't give it the amount of Reverence it deserves. 

So let us begin.

Baptism 

As a Protestant we believe that Baptism is "an outward sign of an inward change". We know that Baptism is NOT a means of Salvation but the outward expression of it.

You would be surprised to learn that in the Catholic faith it is not so much the different.

Protestants only Baptize someone after they make a confession of faith and a conversion to Jesus Christ. 

Whereas Catholics Baptize a child within days of that child being born. Catholics see Baptism as necessary for one to partake in all of the other Sacraments. However, a child that is  Baptized is NOT guaranteed Salvation. 

The child that is Baptized in the Church is expected to be trained up in the way of the Lord. Sound familiar? It is at the Sacrament of Conformation that a Catholic child must make the profession of faith and receive the free gift of Salvation. So why Baptize after birth? Catholics believe that if a child dies after birth but before conformation then that child is doomed to eternal fire. 

Now hold on...................

Matthew 19:14 Jesus said,

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

So are Protestant children that die before the age of accountability all going to hell? 

As a Devout Catholic because of the Authority found in the Priesthood I can only say this.

It's like the game pass it along, where you have 20 people and you say something to one and that person then passes it to the next person all the way to the last person. What we find is that by the time the last person repeats what was said it's been changed and is not the original saying. 

I don't think that God is going to send a child to hell simply because that child was not Baptized.

But I do believe that Baptizing a child and training that child to live according to the commandments of God will bring to that child a much more blessed life. 

But the Sacrament of Baptism goes even deeper than this. It begs the question, Are Protestants saved?

And I can assure you that is the case. Whether one is Catholic or Protestant if that person has made a confession of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior then that soul is Saved by Grace. 

So what's with the confusion of Baptism? Humanity. We are some 2000 plus years from the time that Jesus walked the earth and taught the Apostles the Sacraments. It's only natural that some human errors have crept in. But remember that is okay, because no Priest officiates the Sacraments in his own name. All Priest officiates the Sacraments in the person of Jesus Christ by the Authority given to the Priesthood {John 20:22} And Jesus  Authority will always supersedes the sins and mistakes of men.

Well this is long and I've got to get started cooking for the week. I will continue with the rest of the Sacraments if you desire me to. Again I'm not attempting to sway your faith one way or the other.

I am only trying to provide answers to your questions. And I'm only doing that because I think you are someone that desires to know more. 

God Bless you and your Family 

Scotty

LGD, I have been hesitant to respond to your post here.  Mainly because I know that in past times we have butted heads and there has never been any sort of reconciliation on either side.  I will try to be kind in my words but realize that some of this may sound harsh.  This is not my intent but for once and all to let you know that I'm  not interested in the Catholic faith, their history, government or beliefs, as this to me is not Bibical.  I have taken much time this weekend to read and study about the Catholic religion and once again it has confirmed my beliefs as a Christian.

I think we can agree that the main issue concerning any  church and its practices should be "is it Bibical?"  If a teaching is Bibical then it should be embraced.  If it is not then it should be rejected.

I will not go into the 7 sacraments that the Catholic Churche imposes only to say that they are not Bibical in my studies, therefore I reject them.  The time I took this weekend was to consider your claims about the sacraments and church history not to disprove but to stand firm according to Gods word the Bible.  I must note in my studies I found that over the many centuries of its digressive development that the Catholic church has widely fluctuated as to what exactly constitutes a genuine sacrament.   In fact the number of scaraments has varied from 5 to 12.  It was not until the session of Trent in 1549 that the number 7 became fixed as in the article of the CC faith.  This alone pretty much paints the picture of the CC scaraments as well as history.  I do not believe that King James took out the word Catholic out of the Bible because of his dispute with the Pope, but mainly believe that he was more against the Geneva Bible which was more reformed.  Plus and most importantly, the 7 scaraments held by the CC WAS NOT INSTITUTED BY JESUS.

You maintain that the CC proclaims itself to be the church of Jesus Christ, died for, was set up by and was established and built by the Apostles.  I say this is untrue, it is not Bibical.  Anyone reading the NT will see and can see there is no mention of the papacy, worship or adoration of Mary or the immaculate conception of Mary.  To go on, there is no mention of infant baptism, a confession of sin to a priest.  No purgatory or equal authority of the church and Scripture.  So if these are just a few of the things that are not the teachings of Jesus and His Apostles as recorded in the NT, how can the origin of the CC be the 1st Christian Faith? It can not be so.  The very Bible, the God breathed inspiration of Gods word is proof of this.  In fact the Rome empired persecuted the Christians.

This is what I found this weekend.  The Catholic Church is a compromise of Christianity and the pagan religions.  Instead of proclaiming the one and only true gospel and converting pagans they have "CHRISTIANIZED"  the pagan religion and "PAGANIZED" Christianity. 

I read somewhere this weekend and please be reminded that it was a Catholic site.  That the Catholic stands on a three-legged stool.  And I quote:  #1.  Catholics  "also" would say the Bible is the word of God.  #2.  Sacred tradition.  #3. and the teaching authority of the magisterium (the Pope and Bishops) end quote.  Here lies a profound difference in your beliefs and Protestant faith.  As a Protestant, I stand on a one -legged stool which is the Holy Bible, Gods absolutely truth alone.  Additional unstable, man made legs are not worthy or even profitable to hold me up.  The other 2 legs can and will only bring about the great fall of mankind. There are no additions, no man made mumbo-jumbo, no additional church government, no extra scaraments or attached works or beliefs that one must accept to be born again and become a child of God.

You made the comment that I was searching  for more.  You are absolutely wrong.  Jesus Christ, His death and resurrection is enough and ALL that is needed for me.  ALL HAS BEEN COVERED.  I study His word everyday.  He reveals more to me daily.  No matter how many days He has left for me, I will never be able to exhaust His word.  No other doctrine, confessions of faith ordered by churches, scaraments or anything else is needed but the Bible to work out my salvation.  Sola Scriptural/the Bible alone is my highest and only authourity.  

Just so you and I can be clear.  Your faith is just that, it is yours and mine is mine.  I have no interest in churh history out side of the Bible.  No interest in church government, scaraments or anything else outside of His written word.  I do have a interest in the salvation and Gods truths being known to others.  I will not judge you or others that is not my job.  God alone knows the heart.  He has not given me or any other institute, church or organization to judge.  Not my church nor yours.  He has not given permission to any other to forgive sin outside of Himself and the Apostles when they walked upon the earth.  They are no longer among us.  He alone forgives.  The Bible tells us so.

I would be very happy to have a friendly relationship with you on the boards of dv.  This will not happen as long as neither of us are willing to respect the right of others as individuals.  Everyone has an opinion and should be able to voice themselves without ridicule and a absolute showing of hatred from another.  You have been kind trying to explain your faith to me.  I know you took a considerable amount of time to do so.  Altho, I do not believe the things you brought forth, I do appreciate and respect and the time you dedicated towards bringing them to me.  I wish you and your family well, LGD.  As I do everyone that is seeking to be pleasing to God.  I pray that all that do not have a relationship with God will seek earnestly.  All that truely knock, the door will be opened........it says so in the Bible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

Just now, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Please Forgive me this error. I meant no harm. Furthermore, as I stated my intention was not to convert you or even persuade you. But only to answer the questions I believed you asked of me. I'm past the point of attacking someone for having a different view than me. 

Sorry if I misunderstood your position. 

I wish no hard feelings between us and I respect your opinion. 

:tiphat:

Thank you LGD. I know you meant no harm nor I for you.  I realize that I come off very rude at times which really isn't  my nature but with God and His word there is no compromise.  Not for friends, any denomination or institution or even my husband and children.  Like you I harbor no ill feelings towards you.  I truely pray for your very best.  You have shown pictures of your whole family that I know you love very much.  I pray only good for you and your beautiful little girls.  I will respect your faith and even try to be kinder when we are in disagreement.  I realize we both are headstrong about certain things.  Probably best to let these things lay still between us.    God bless you and your family.  Thank you for your undeniable understanding post toward my faith.  I pray I can be the same,  thank you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 1/12/2020 at 11:54 AM, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

This is a conversation where two people with differing views agreed to respect the others opinions. And the first thing you do is post a commentary (not your own) not only disrespecting my opinions but also missing the entire point of my original post. You are posting Jehovah's Witness indoctrination and thinking that insulting peoples faith is somehow Christlike. But the sad part is that you missed the message. I'm not talking about the Religion of Catholicism as an institution but as a Faith that Jesus Christ set up some 2000 yrs ago. And I give you the evidence of that fact in the simple truth that no one can deny, for 1500 yrs the United Catholic {Christian} Church was the only faith in existence. Every single other faith came after the Reformation begun by Martin Luther. In fact your own faith didn't come into existence until the 1870s. 

And the biggest difference between the Catholic Church and all other Protestant Faiths is that the Authority of God lies in the Priesthood. But I still hold the belief that if someone of any faith is preaching that Jesus is the Son of God then that person is doing a good thing. You disparage the Catholic Faith by pointing out the sins of its members while seemingly ignoring that every single human being alive is a sinner. In doing this you miss the whole point of faith to begin with. It's not about the institution or the buildings or even the people that make up a congregation. It's about the condition of your heart. It's about what you're attempting to get through Faith. It's about every single individual making their own decision to "Seek Ye First the Kingdom of Heaven" (Matthew 6:33) and to be willing to "....work out your salvation with fear and trembling". (Philippians 2:12)

It is Satan that wants us to look at the sins of others in order to blind us from the clear truth that Jesus alone set His Church upon the earth. It is mans destiny to always attempt to measure himself by the actions of others, when we should rather be measuring ourselves against the works of Jesus Christ. 

In my clarifying you’re miss applying of the scripture Acts 11:26, I provided historical records as well as clearly detailed breakdown to English, Late-Latin, from Greek, the meaning of Catholic. And the same for the word Christian, along with most importantly biblical clarification of when, were, who and how, Jesus’ followers we’re called ‘Christians’. The history can be researched by anyone wanting to learn the truth.

Acts 11:26 were by divine providence called: Most Bible translations simply read “were called.” However, the Greek words commonly rendered “called” are not used here. (Mt 1:16;2:23;Mr 11:17;Lu 1:32,60;Ac 1:12,19) The word that appears in this verse is khre·ma·tiʹzo, and in most of the nine places where it occurs in the Christian Greek Scriptures, it clearly refers to things that come from God, that have a divine origin. (Mt 2:12,22;Lu 2:26;Ac 10:22;11:26;Ro 7:3;Heb 8:5;11:7;12:25) For example, at Ac 10:22, this word is used together with the expression “by a holy angel,” and at Mt 2:12,22, it is used in connection with divinely inspired dreams. The related noun khre·ma·ti·smosʹ appears at Ro 11:4, and most lexicons and Bible translations use such renderings as “divine pronouncement; divine response; God’s reply; the answer of God.” It is possible that Jehovah directed Saul and Barnabas to use the name Christians. Some have suggested that the Gentile population in Antioch may have used the nickname Christians out of jest or scorn, but the usage of the Greek term khre·ma·tiʹzo clearly indicates that God was responsible for the designation “Christians.”

“You are posting Jehovah's Witness indoctrination and thinking that insulting peoples faith is somehow Christlike.”

Perhaps you did not recognize your own ‘Church’ history, even though it was referenced to within JW facts finding, that was posted.

InThe Vatican Council Of 1870 — Bishop Strossmayers Speech: 

Under subtitle Peter At Rome A "Ridiculous Legend"Second paragraph; read it here http://www.mtc.org/bishop_s.html 

Etymology dictionary catholic: Medieval Latin catholicus was practically synonymous with Christian and meant "constituting or conforming to the church, its faith and organization https://www.etymonline.com/word/Catholic

Practically:almost; nearly

Synonymous: expressing or implying the same idea

SoAccording to the the definition of ‘Catholic', can read as; Medieval Latin catholicus was almost, nearly, expressing or implying the same idea with Christian and... meant: “in quotations” “constituting or conforming to the church, its faith and organization" 

Primarily who is this referring too? ___________________________________.

Faith is the result of Learning Accurate Bible Knowledge and building a personal relationship with the true God.

This is what Jehovah says, your Repurchaser, the Holy One of Israel: “I, Jehovah, am your God, The One teaching you to benefit yourself, The One guiding you in the way you should walk.If only you would pay attention to my commandments! Then your peace would become just like a river And your righteousness like the waves of the sea. This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ. (Isaiah 48:17,18, John 17:3) 

Faith is a very integral part of the full armor needed in fending off Satan‘s burning Arrows, and strengthens the courage needed in doing God‘s will, knowing this to be best not only for us but all mankind, even though to us at the time may not feel the right thing to do.

Faith is not blinders for the conscience.

I mean look at this thread (the face of Islam) and ask, what makes it so difficult to exercise faith in God‘s Commandments? 

“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” He said to him: “‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment. The second, like it, is this: ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets.” (Matt 22:36-40)

This face of Islam here is referring to people correct? Those are neighbors are they not? and following this world is misleading, is it not..?  Eph 6:10-12

Moreover, without faith it is impossible to please God well, for whoever approaches God must believe that he is and that he becomes the rewarder of those earnestly seeking him.(Hebrews 11:6)

Respectfully

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Fly said:

In my clarifying you’re miss applying of the scripture Acts 11:26, I provided historical records as well as clearly detailed breakdown to English, Late-Latin, from Greek, the meaning of Catholic. And the same for the word Christian, along with most importantly biblical clarification of when, were, who and how, Jesus’ followers we’re called ‘Christians’. The history can be researched by anyone wanting to learn the truth.

Acts 11:26 were by divine providence called: Most Bible translations simply read “were called.” However, the Greek words commonly rendered “called” are not used here. (Mt 1:16;2:23;Mr 11:17;Lu 1:32,60;Ac 1:12,19) The word that appears in this verse is khre·ma·tiʹzo, and in most of the nine places where it occurs in the Christian Greek Scriptures, it clearly refers to things that come from God, that have a divine origin. (Mt 2:12,22;Lu 2:26;Ac 10:22;11:26;Ro 7:3;Heb 8:5;11:7;12:25) For example, at Ac 10:22, this word is used together with the expression “by a holy angel,” and at Mt 2:12,22, it is used in connection with divinely inspired dreams. The related noun khre·ma·ti·smosʹ appears at Ro 11:4, and most lexicons and Bible translations use such renderings as “divine pronouncement; divine response; God’s reply; the answer of God.” It is possible that Jehovah directed Saul and Barnabas to use the name Christians. Some have suggested that the Gentile population in Antioch may have used the nickname Christians out of jest or scorn, but the usage of the Greek term khre·ma·tiʹzo clearly indicates that God was responsible for the designation “Christians.”

“You are posting Jehovah's Witness indoctrination and thinking that insulting peoples faith is somehow Christlike.”

Perhaps you did not recognize your own ‘Church’ history, even though it was referenced to within JW facts finding, that was posted.

InThe Vatican Council Of 1870 — Bishop Strossmayers Speech: 

Under subtitle Peter At Rome A "Ridiculous Legend"Second paragraph; read it here http://www.mtc.org/bishop_s.html 

Etymology dictionary catholic: Medieval Latin catholicus was practically synonymous with Christian and meant "constituting or conforming to the church, its faith and organization https://www.etymonline.com/word/Catholic

Practically:almost; nearly

Synonymous: expressing or implying the same idea

SoAccording to the the definition of ‘Catholic', can read as; Medieval Latin catholicus was almost, nearly, expressing or implying the same idea with Christian and... meant: “in quotations” “constituting or conforming to the church, its faith and organization" 

Primarily who is this referring too? ___________________________________.

Faith is the result of Learning Accurate Bible Knowledge and building a personal relationship with the true God.

This is what Jehovah says, your Repurchaser, the Holy One of Israel: “I, Jehovah, am your God, The One teaching you to benefit yourself, The One guiding you in the way you should walk.If only you would pay attention to my commandments! Then your peace would become just like a river And your righteousness like the waves of the sea. This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ. (Isaiah 48:17,18, John 17:3) 

Faith is a very integral part of the full armor needed in fending off Satan‘s burning Arrows, and strengthens the courage needed in doing God‘s will, knowing this to be best not only for us but all mankind, even though to us at the time may not feel the right thing to do.

Faith is not blinders for the conscience.

I mean look at this thread (the face of Islam) and ask, what makes it so difficult to exercise faith in God‘s Commandments? 

“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” He said to him: “‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment. The second, like it, is this: ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets.” (Matt 22:36-40)

This face of Islam here is referring to people correct? Those are neighbors are they not? and following this world is misleading, is it not..?  Eph 6:10-12

Moreover, without faith it is impossible to please God well, for whoever approaches God must believe that he is and that he becomes the rewarder of those earnestly seeking him.(Hebrews 11:6)

Respectfully

Well researched and stated.... Of course it is too much for some to grasp... LOL

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

So why in the Name of God would the Muslims want a No Go Muslim Village in Las Vegas......A City that stands for everything they Hate, despise and more.......

Gambling, Booze, Nudity, Show Girls, LGBT Community and who know what else goes on there these days.....

Is this their way of Invading Las Vegas and destroy all that it stands for it into something like they have done to Paris?

A ‘Muslim Village’ Grows In… Vegas

https://www.mostresource.org/storybank/a-muslim-village-grows-in-vegas/

Karsten

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Blasphemy 'is no crime', says Macron amid French girl's anti-Islam row

Schoolgirl Mila received death threats after posting anti-religious diatribe on Instagram

Kim Willsher in Paris

Wed 12 Feb 2020 13.42 GMT

........Mila, 16, from near Lyon, became a cause célèbre in January after she made a live broadcast on her Instagram account in which she spoke about her homosexuality. A Muslim commentator responded she was a “dirty lesbian” and a “dirty *****”. She responded by posting a video diatribe against Islam.........

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/12/macron-wades-into-french-girls-anti-islam-row-saying-blasphemy-is-no-crime-mila

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2020 at 11:44 AM, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Did you know that the Democratic Socialists Party not only supports these Satanic buttholes but they are infested with the demon possessed freaks of Islam. 

I think you need to look at your church and disgusting acts on children, the millions of dollars spent on payoffs and the cover up from Vatican City... When people give to their church, I don't believe they want their donations spent on protecting pedophiles. You might want to start a new thread on the Face of Catholicism. JMHO

B/A

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1