Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Face of Islam

14 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Wasn't there a mass shooting in Kansas recently... Was that Muslims or immigrants? I can't remember.

B/A

And the 2nd biggest ( in terms of casualties) terrorism act in the US after the Twin Towers was the Oklahoma City Federal building explosion in 1995......Who did that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

That's your opinion. 

If you want my assault weapons just come and take them. 

Hey LGD....That might sound like a threat.......We're just trying / having a dialogue here.....Nobody is going to touch your weapons......We can all relax

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, umbertino said:

Hey LGD....That might sound like a threat.......We're just trying / having a dialogue here.....Nobody is going to touch your weapons......We can all relax

Not a threat at all. Come take them, I've sworn an oath of Non-violence and will let you have them. My Siberian Wolf hound on the other hand might disagree :o

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Not a threat at all. Come take them, I've sworn an oath of Non-violence and will let you have them. My Siberian Wolf hound on the other hand might disagree :o

I hate weapons and I wouldn't ever touch one unless forced to ( somebody with a gun at my head telling me  "touch/ use that gun / rifle / pistol" ....I'd oblige in that case)

The only ( thank God) time I heard REAL gunshots was when I was in East LA  in 1984 during a 2 week period of helping out at the LA Catholic Worker ...The headquarters where we'd eat and sleep were on Britannia St. off Brooklyn Av....The beginning of East LA, not too far from Hollenbeck Park ( for those who happen to know the area)...

One night I was in my room fallin' asleep....At one point I started hearing the shots....The noise was reasonably close and I got scared xxxxless...I do admit it.....Later I was told that was the norm in that part of town...But in the 15 days I stayed there that was the only time it happened.....Again....Thank God...

Then during the day we'd move to another part of LA to do some work ...In Skid Row....(6th and Gladys, if I recall well) where they had a few activities....Free mess-hall ( always full, where Folks just kept entering and others would follow right after) where you served Folks and other times I had to wash the plates and trays...A lot!...Then they had a law-clinic with lawyers working for free and they had a kinder-garten ( for free), a bakery where they taught a job to all those wanting to learn ..And finally they used to have also a mini health clinic (always full)....

A really learning experience for me ...For a lot of Reasons...I met great People in the Community...One of the volunteers there ( coming mainly from the Greater LA area ) was a young woman , working there permanently...I recall she was very pretty too.....I learned she was the daughter  of one of the Doctors taking care of the LA Lakers....Her home was in Redondo Beach (very nice place) but she had chosen to work there w LACW...I admired her

Sorry...I just walked some on Memory lane (1984)

18 hours ago, umbertino said:

I hate weapons and I wouldn't ever touch one unless forced to ( somebody with a gun at my head telling me  "touch/ use that gun / rifle / pistol" ....I'd oblige in that case)

The only ( thank God) time I heard REAL gunshots was when I was in East LA  in 1984 during a 2 week period of helping out at the LA Catholic Worker ...The headquarters where we'd eat and sleep were on Britannia St. off Brooklyn Av....The beginning of East LA, not too far from Hollenbeck Park ( for those who happen to know the area)...

One night I was in my room fallin' asleep....At one point I started hearing the shots....The noise was reasonably close and I got scared xxxxless...I do admit it.....Later I was told that was the norm in that part of town...But in the 15 days I stayed there that was the only time it happened.....Again....Thank God...

Then during the day we'd move to another part of LA to do some work ...In Skid Row....(6th and Gladys, if I recall well) where they had a few activities....Free mess-hall ( always full, where Folks just kept entering and others would follow right after) where you served Folks and other times I had to wash the plates and trays...A lot!...Then they had a law-clinic with lawyers working for free and they had a kinder-garten ( for free), a bakery where they taught a job to all those wanting to learn ..And finally they used to have also a mini health clinic (always full)....

A really learning experience for me ...For a lot of Reasons...I met great People in the Community...One of the volunteers there ( coming mainly from the Greater LA area ) was a young woman , working there permanently...I recall she was very pretty too.....I learned she was the daughter  of one of the Doctors taking care of the LA Lakers....Her home was in Redondo Beach (very nice place) but she had chosen to work there w LACW...I admired her

Sorry...I just walked some on Memory lane (1984)

Too each their own I say.  When it comes to religion. politics, sexual orientation or gun owning (or not).  Their choice, their life.  We are humans and we will never agree on everything. Have a good day!

• Upvote 3

Gentlemen, I believe in non violence also. But rest assured (and I am thinking LGD would concur) if anyone ever tried to harm/rape my wife, daughter or granddaughter, ALL bets are off. I am coming after you with everything I have and I will make my peace with the Lord after that. Not turning ANY cheek when it come to my loved ones. That is why a carry all the times. I would rather nip evil in the bud, than cower behind protection until the carnage is over. JMHO.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Gentlemen, I believe in non violence also. But rest assured (and I am thinking LGD would concur) if anyone ever tried to harm/rape my wife, daughter or granddaughter, ALL bets are off. I am coming after you with everything I have and I will make my peace with the Lord after that. Not turning ANY cheek when it come to my loved ones. That is why a carry all the times. I would rather nip evil in the bud, than cower behind protection until the carnage is over. JMHO.

My Girls ALL are and will be trained in Taekwondo. So If'n some moron wants to harm them GOD HELP HIM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cranman said:

Too each their own I say.  When it comes to religion. politics, sexual orientation or gun owning (or not).  Their choice, their life.  We are humans and we will never agree on everything. Have a good day!

I agree 100%, cranman and thanks....Sorry, still out of pluses.....

You too and yours...Have a great day, Friend!

Christian student takes school to Supreme Court for forced Islamic prayer

Can a public school force a Christian student to recite an Islamic prayer of conversion and say there is “No God, but Allah?” A Maryland school is defending its actions at the Supreme Court after the student fought back.

Four years ago a high school student who is Christian was forced by her teacher at La Plata High School in La Plata, Md., to recite the Islamic conversion creed – the Shahada – as part of a written assignment. She was required to write the Islamic creed, “There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.”

1-237.jpg

The World History course also taught that “Most Muslims’ faith is stronger than the average Christian’s.”

Caleigh Wood refused to complete the assignment, believing that is it is a sin to profess by word or in writing, that there is any other god except the Christian God.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, umbertino said:

Sorry....You did write it instead... that they hate Sunni and Shia...Just saw it now....