Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana Weekly - delayed till tomorrow

Adam Montana

16 hours ago, jaybake said:

I came from the island of Micronesia to join the USMC.  I am so glad I made that choice to serve this country. It gave me an opportunity to better my life.  I experienced many things and met many people from different background, rich or poor.  I also went to many places around the world and seen how other people live. I am thankful that I am an American now.  

Thanks for your testimonial that I read with much interest and I got you perfectly...

I had ( my bad) forgotten to mention the fact the Military is also a great opportunity for proceeding later in life having learned  a variety of jobs / specializations etc...

Also it's a fantastic way to combat ( and beat) racism as it's ( so I've heard) the best integration method among races ever  ( so far)

But you came from Micronesia already knowing in your mind you wanted  to be in the USMC...Which is awesome of course...

In my post instead  I was referring to folks being approached in the street in essentially poor neighborhoods...Which is different

You of course have all my respect for your life  choice

Edited by umbertino

Personaaly, I think if there was a requirement for every HS graduate to serve a minimum of 2 years of military service, it would solve many of our nations social problems. First it make these whinny ass millennials have to mature faster. It would teach them responsibility, self respect and respect for the law and authority.  It would show them that the liberal brain washing they received in their educational institutions does not work in the real world. And finally, I believe it would go a long way to stopping or reducing the random acts of violence we see far to often today . Just my :twocents:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 6

Adam, latest indicates with the attack on Saudi oil we may be seeing 100 a barrel soon. Based on what you are seeing and hearing will this move the RV closer or will the concerns for possible attacks on near by Iran and possible Saudi retaliation cause Iraq to pause and take a step back? Look into your crystal ball. LOL. I know none of us can say for certain. I just would like your take on this matter. Thank you in advance for all you and your staff do for us here at DV. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Personaaly, I think if there was a requirement for every HS graduate to serve a minimum of 2 years of military service, it would solve many of our nations social problems. First it make these whinny ass millennials have to mature faster. It would teach them responsibility, self respect and respect for the law and authority.  It would show them that the liberal brain washing they received in their educational institutions does not work in the real world. And finally, I believe it would go a long way to stopping or reducing the random acts of violence we see far to often today . Just my :twocents:

:twothumbs: Oh, YEAH!!!, MD11Fr8Dawg, AND ALL The Very Best!!! :tiphat:

I could NOT agree more!!!

Also, REQUIRING Non Active Service members to have a military service auto/semi automatic weapon in THEIR possession/domicile AT ALL TIMES AND A "minimum" "required" "service" "weapon" "ammo" "stock". NOT ALSO TO MENTION being capable of IMMEDIATE active duty "should" THEE "need" "arise". Military Readiness BY THE ENTIRE POPULOUS LIKIE Switzerland AND Israel!!!

YYYEEEAAAHHH BBBAAABBBYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAR FEWER NON Sense "issues" DUE TO INCLUDE DEEP STATE OPERATIONS AND THE LIKE!!!

:salute: !!!MD11Fr8Dawg!!! :salute:

You The MAN, MD11Fr8Dawg!!! :salute:

Go E Pluribus Unum FOREVER!!!

Go True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump THROUGH 2024!!!

Go True The United States Of America Patriots FOREVER!!!

(A Special THANK YOU To ALL The Red Rubymeisters IN ADVANCE For ALL The Red Ruby Citations As Badges Of Honor For ME For "Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power" Who THINK (misnomer, of course) The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump IS A POS!!!)!!!

Go Red Rubymeisters (ELSEWHERE!!!)!!!

:crossedfingers:   :crossedfingers:   :crossedfingers:

Go Moola Nova (YYYEEEAAAHHH BBBAAABBBYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pirateship:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, umbertino said:

The last line is not so nice....jmvho...That statement I do recall from " Full Metal Jacket"

MY friend you really need to understand when someone is simply making a joke. 

I'm probably the most nonviolent member here. I would rather die than hurt anyone. But ya gotta admit sounding bad azz is cool. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

It would show them that the liberal brain washing they received in their educational institutions does not work in the real world.

End Quote

Hello md11fr8...So you're basically saying that among all the other great things the Military is able to make  People learn and achieve ( and I have no doubts at all on that)

it has also the HUGE quality ( according to your post part I quoted above) to show everybody " that the liberal brain washing they received ...." etc

So you're taking for granted 2 things here:

1) that they all received ( as you call it) a liberal brain washing before entering the Military....Which is debatable imho

and

2) that after entering the Military they all are going to turn right-wing / conservative ( which is evidently for you the best solution and you are legitimately expressing this belief of yours).....

I do deem that even more debatable ( the fact they all will turn right-wing after being in the Military)...Maybe some but not all imho...And some could have been already right-wing or far  right wing even BEFORE entering the Military  anyway.....

As much as some with no political ideas or maybe being lightly left-wing or far left wing could even before entering the Military might get more fortified in their left-wing feeling exactly because the had that Military experience.....

Again JMVHO

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

MY friend you really need to understand when someone is simply making a joke. 

I'm probably the most nonviolent member here. I would rather die than hurt anyone. But ya gotta admit sounding bad azz is cool. 

Ok...I know you some but not yet so well in order to perceive when you're joking....My bad...Thanks for letting me know

• Like 1

Umbertino, the military makes you take responsibility, as well as makes you learn to think for yourself and make decisions in a timely manner. I do not see where I said it would make all members right wing. I challenge you to tell me what type of country you would like to live in, one where everyone are sheep and lean and depend on the government to make the bulk of them major decisions, or a country where the government is out of your life (except for things that are the functions of the government) and people decide what is best for them and there loved ones and are willing to make the decisions and stand by those decisions regardless of whether they fail or succeed. They work hard, obey the law  and take responsibility for their actions. They don't sit around waiting for someone else to make them feel happy and fulfilled. By the way, have you ever noticed that the problems all our politicians want to solve for us are problems that they themselves created??

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Umbertino, the military makes you take responsibility, as well as makes you learn to think for yourself and make decisions in a timely manner. I do not see where I said it would make all members right wing. I challenge you to tell me what type of country you would like to live in, one where everyone are sheep and lean and depend on the government to make the bulk of them major decisions, or a country where the government is out of your life (except for things that are the functions of the government) and people decide what is best for them and there loved ones and are willing to make the decisions and stand by those decisions regardless of whether they fail or succeed. They work hard, obey the law  and take responsibility for their actions. They don't sit around waiting for someone else to make them feel happy and fulfilled. By the way, have you ever noticed that the problems all our politicians want to solve for us are problems that they themselves created??

You must have been in a different military than the one I joined and served 3 yrs active 3 reserve US Army Field Artillery.  You are told where to go, what time to be there, how to do it, if your family can be there, work Holy days, how to stand, walk, when to speak. How is that learning for yourself? The military is being the sheep, Take that hill at all cost, regardless of how many lives lost then give it back to the enemy once taken.  Do I think everyone should join the military when 18yrs  yes, It does teach you discipline, about other cultures and camaraderie. But thinking for ones self it does not, you think as a unit which is why there are rules, regulations and codes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Snatcher said:

You must have been in a different military than the one I joined and served 3 yrs active 3 reserve US Army Field Artillery.  You are told where to go, what time to be there, how to do it, if your family can be there, work Holy days, how to stand, walk, when to speak. How is that learning for yourself? The military is being the sheep, Take that hill at all cost, regardless of how many lives lost then give it back to the enemy once taken.  Do I think everyone should join the military when 18yrs  yes, It does teach you discipline, about other cultures and camaraderie. But thinking for ones self it does not, you think as a unit which is why there are rules, regulations and codes.

As you get promoted in rank, that's when you start to use your leadership ability to make decisions. Obviously, you were not in the military that long.  Probably you were at the low rank where you do as you were told.  At least that how it works in the Marine Corps. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Rafiki1 said:

LGD.....flat out lying that you are an Administrator on this site is neither “bad azz nor cool”. I refer you back to our discussion from last week. Please don’t be a poseur.

I  am a Moderator here which why you see that Staff Badge under my avatar. 

Which in no way gives you the right to call me a liar. If you have a problem with me I suggest you take it up with Adam Montana and see how far that gets you.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Ok.....I am reading you with att'n and of course I am thinking / reasoning on your stances....Which, mind you, I do respect......

You say "the military makes you take responsibility, as well as makes you learn to think for yourself and make decisions in a timely manner"....Ok...

Does that mean you're somehow convinced that Folks not being in the Miltary are unable to achieve all that? Just asking....I mean ...I'm myself convinced the Military most likely makes you reach those results but  I am also convinced it can happen with Millions not joining the Military...Depends on the single Individual, correct? That doesn't automatically make someone being a sheep or being unable to take important decisions in life ( even if they never joined the Military)..Again that imo depends mainly on someone's personality and character

Lots of Countries just like the US do not have ( or at least do not anymore) a mandatory Military service ( while some do instead) including mine and a lot of others...The Military (just like in the States) is a job, a career that you join voluntarily

And I'm sure that in all those Countries ( as you wrote above) "people decide what is best for them and there loved ones and are willing to make the decisions and stand by those decisions regardless of whether they fail or succeed"...If they happen to be normal and with average intelligence People.....

Same as I'm sure that at least most of those Folks ( in other countries with no mandatory Military service)  "They work hard, obey the law  and take responsibility for their actions. They don't sit around waiting for someone else to make them feel happy and fulfilled"....Again...I do believe it's a matter of personal character and personality and sense of responsibility that one can have also if one didn't join the Military...

I do agree with you on this one as mostly it's same all over the world...."the problems all our politicians want to solve for us are problems that they themselves created??"

Respectfully

Edited by umbertino

Snatcher, the one purpose of the military is to break things and kill people. Bad people who want to control other people's lives. Maybe it taught you nothing, but it DAMN sure taught me, my Dad, my Grandfather , my Uncle, my cousins, a lot about discipline, responsibility, life itself and love for country and the life we have here in the USA. And don't tell me about working holidays etc. If we join we all do it.ALL of us. I will not broach the subject of the strategy of battle. There are excellent commanders and there are some who got promoted to their highest level of incompetency. That part of the discussion is political. When politicians enter the discussion you get a Vietnam. If left to do our job with no political interference, we are second to none.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 5

21 hours ago, Mammaw said:

Adam, latest indicates with the attack on Saudi oil we may be seeing 100 a barrel soon. Based on what you are seeing and hearing will this move the RV closer or will the concerns for possible attacks on near by Iran and possible Saudi retaliation cause Iraq to pause and take a step back? Look into your crystal ball. LOL. I know none of us can say for certain. I just would like your take on this matter. Thank you in advance for all you and your staff do for us here at DV. 

:)

My crystal ball says anything that will guide oil to higher prices is potentially a good thing for Iraq's future.

Obviously there's more to it than that, but the Crystal Ball tends to be a bit vague at times ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Adam Montana said:

:)

My crystal ball says anything that will guide oil to higher prices is potentially a good thing for Iraq's future.

Obviously there's more to it than that, but the Crystal Ball tends to be a bit vague at times ;)

Would the “good thing for Iraq’s future” decrease any pressure for them to do anything with their currency? 

4 hours ago, md11fr8dawg said:

there are some who got promoted to their highest level of incompetency.

:o   :o   :o

Are You, MD11Fr8Dawg, ACTUALLY suggesting "career" "advancement" (ESPECAILLY "politically") AND "progressive" "lobotomization" ARE THEE "same" "thing" FOR "some"???!!!

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

:salute: !!!MD11Fr8Dawg!!! :salute:

:twothumbs: Oh, YEAH!!!,. MD11Fr8Dawg, AND ALL The Very Best!!! :tiphat:

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2019 at 5:31 AM, Snatcher said:

That's exactly what I heard about the Military from various friends in different parts of the world ( including my Country when servicing for 1 year used to be mandatory...until 10/15 years ago.....can't remember exactly) almost word by word.....Thanks

By the time I was going for the Military medical visit I had already had my motorcycle accident which resulted in my left leg being amputated below the knee...Which automatically got me un-draftable ( obviously)...I do walk ( I love walking) with a prosthetics......They get better  with the passing of time.....The Italian Health system ( and the Region system) passes a part of the money when you have to change it ..usually every 4 years ( unless you're rich and can afford to pay for a new one every year)

But even if I might have happened NOT to have  that accident I whould have chosen  the other option...which was of declaring myself a conscience objector which meant entering the so called Civil Service  (where they could send you here in Italy, usually in your same area where you resided but also other places in Italy) to do something useful ( working in houses for ill-treated teens etc...) .....Lots of projects available....And usually always needing People anyway ( for free of course)...The difference with the Military being that while Military lasted 1 year, Civil Service lasted 2 years...Some of my Friends ( not all) did that

Which then I happened to do ( independently from this Italian Program) in the US...and I loved it....Learned a lot in that year

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1