Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump Administration Considers Monitoring Smartphones Of People With Mental Health Problems

Trump administration considers monitoring smartphones of people with mental health problems

8458e560-270c-11e9-bdff-2159a169e0ba
The IndependentSeptember 10, 2019

The proposed idea would see mentally ill people being tracked via their phones: Getty istock
The proposed idea would see mentally ill people being tracked via their phones: Getty istock

The Trump administration is considering a proposal to combat mass shootings which suggests phones and smartwatches may be used to track people with mental health problems.

The idea began with Bob Wright, a former NBC chairman and longtime Trump confidant, who first proposed creating a government research arm, called the Health Advanced Research Projects Agency (HARPA), to tackle health problems.

After the El Paso massacreIvanka Trump asked the team behind the proposal to come up with ways to stop mass shootings, according to The Washington Post.

Mr Wright’s team put together a three-page document titled “Stopping Aberrant Fatal Events by Helping Overcome Mental Extremes”, which links mass shootings to mental health.

Such a view is highly controversial, with experts believing the link between the two is weak.

The document urges the government to explore whether technology could help combat violence.

It suggests that new technology could detect when people with mental health difficulties are about to become violent.

Marisa Randazzo, former chief research psychologist for the US Secret Service, told The Washington Post that the proposal was concerning.

The technology required is yet to be developed and tracking people would also infringe their civil liberties.

Ms Randazzo told the newspaper that the initial premise was itself flawed.

“Everything we know from research tells us it’s a weak link at best,” she said.

The El Paso massacre was carried out by a man with racist motivations but conservatives in the US have repeatedly suggested that mental health was to blame.

“I don’t want people to forget that this is a mental health problem. I don’t want them to forget that, because it is. It’s a mental health problem,” Donald Trump said, following the El Paso massacre and another mass shooting in DaytonOhio.

“It’s the people that pull the trigger, it’s not the gun that pulls the trigger,” he continued, echoing a favourite Republican talking point.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-administration-considers-monitoring-smartphones-103039095.html?.tsrc=jtc_news_index

GO RV, then BV

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Big Brother is Watching.  :eek:

Monitoring those already identified as high-risk individuals is imperative.

We already listen in on potential terrorists, dirty Chi-Coms here, skin head factions and KKK nuts.

And as long as the left keeps brain-washing border-line psychos into becoming hostile,

they bear watching as well.

If we're to remain safe, we must identify ALL potential threats.

We'd like them to also keep tabs on confirmed America-haters like Rep. Omar, KILLary's former

gal pal bride-to-the-pedophile, her sister & mom & Linda Sar-sore and everyone in AntiFa.

Or how about crazy old Aunt Maxine Waters who consistently calls for violent attacks on Americans, for that matter...?

US Taxpayers pay a hefty sum to our L.E. Agencies to keep US safe.

Let's get our money's worth.

BTW - San Francisco -- contrary to your demented take on The NRA,

THEY  are NOT 'the enemy'.  Get a grip.<_<

Trying to vilify an American Institution who's accomplished more than any other entity to

ensure gun safety is retarded thinking.

Why didn't they cry "FOUL!" when their Jr. God Eric Holder sold guns to our enemies...? <_<

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

My issue is that "They" get to determine what is "normal".

The next thing you say may be interpreted as a "Red Flag" and your normal day is now a nightmare.

You then get to see the inside of a padded cell with no due process. 

IMHO, the premise of Red Flag Laws is good. Mental illness is a problem that has been ignored since the 70's. Those with mental illness are largely responsible for the mass shootings we have had lately. They way Red Flag Laws work now is by currently denying due process, without any evidence whatsoever. This is troublesome. Unconstitutional I say.  Legal authorities should be allowed to access Grammar school and High School records , criminal records & medical records from that time period. And school, medical and criminal  records from post HS. Social Media postings, yada, yada like that, to flesh out a complaint. 1 statement of concern or complaint from an anonymous person should not trigger the process of confiscation of their weapons; an investigation yes , but not the confiscation of weapons. I can see many manipulative  scenarios occuring here. A former lover dropping the dime on a former lover just to putz with them. Gun abolitionists calling in on the pro gun person. See what I mean. They should have some flesh to a complaint before confiscating ones weapons. The ability to regain ones weapons that were confiscated should be immediate once the accused is found to be sane and the claims unfounded.  What about the scenario like the Connecticut Elementary School shooter . Here the Mother legally obtained all the weapons used that day, but it was her mentally ill family member (son) that gained access to the weapons; killed the Mom then all the little children. As I recall the Mom did not really have them trigger locked or in a gun safe , let alone no access to the combination. The Red Flag Laws need to be fleshed out before being applied and we violate one's Constitutional Rights.

Edited by new york kevin
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

Big Brother is Watching.  :eek:

Monitoring those already identified as high-risk individuals is imperative.

We already listen in on potential terrorists, dirty Chi-Coms here, skin head factions and KKK nuts.

And as long as the left keeps brain-washing border-line psychos into becoming hostile,

they bear watching as well.

If we're to remain safe, we must identify ALL potential threats.

We'd like them to also keep tabs on confirmed America-haters like Rep. Omar, KILLary's former

gal pal bride-to-the-pedophile, her sister & mom & Linda Sar-sore and everyone in AntiFa.

Or how about crazy old Aunt Maxine Waters who consistently calls for violent attacks on Americans, for that matter...?

US Taxpayers pay a hefty sum to our L.E. Agencies to keep US safe.

Let's get our money's worth.

BTW - San Francisco -- contrary to your demented take on The NRA,

THEY  are NOT 'the enemy'.  Get a grip.<_<

Trying to vilify an American Institution who's accomplished more than any other entity to

ensure gun safety is retarded thinking.

Why didn't they cry "FOUL!" when their Jr. God Eric Holder sold guns to our enemies...? <_<

What happens when some innocent person who suffered from say bi-polar disorder as young person, sought treatment and has been well for decades suddenly finds themselves on the monitor list?  I imagine people suffering from treatable mental problems will simply go underground untreated.....that doesn't sound safe at all.  Just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

24 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

I imagine people suffering from treatable mental problems will simply go underground untreated.

Underground, self medicated. 

I am always amazed that anyone can still believe their internet usage "isn't" monitored. But I'm not one bit surprised people don't see this correlation. 

Revelation 13:15

• Thanks 2