Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Let's be clear, I resigned.' John Bolton contradicts Donald Trump on whether he was fired

WASHINGTON – John Bolton contradicted Donald Trump minutes after the president announced he fired Bolton as national security adviser.

"I offered to resign last night and President Trump said, 'Let's talk about it tomorrow,'" Bolton wrote in a tweet.

Less than 15 minutes before Bolton's tweet, Trump wrote in his own series of tweets that he had requested Bolton's resignation on Monday night.

Trump claimed that Bolton's resignation was given Tuesday morning. 

Bolton fired: Donald Trump fires top national security aide John Bolton, citing 'disagreements'

"I informed John Bolton last night that his services are no longer needed at the White House," Trump wrote. "I disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions, as did others in the Administration."

Bolton also texted several reporters that he did not been fired, as the president hasaid.

Brian Kilmeade, a host on Fox & Friends, said live on the program that he had just gotten a text message from the ousted national security adviser.

"John Bolton just texted me, just now, he's watching. He said, 'let's be clear, I resigned,'" Kilmeade said.

Robert Costa, national political reporter for the Washington Post, also wrote in a tweet that he had received a text from Bolton, saying “Let’s be clear, I resigned, having offered to do so last night.”

In another tweet, Costa said he also got this message from Bolton: “I will have my say in due course. But I have given you the facts on the resignation. My sole concern is US national security.”

Bolton's departure comes after disagreements at the White House over recent negotiations with the Taliban on ending the war in Afghanistan. Bolton made it clear that he opposed Trump's Camp David invitation to the Taliban.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/john-bolton-says-offered-resign-164929384.html

Wow things are getting kookie in crazy-land.

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

FWIW...I must seriously congratulate President Trump about his (wise imvho) decision of getting rid of J.Bolton as the man is / was evidently an hawk, a war-monger ...thus a trouble-maker for the entire Administration

Also thanks to Mike Pompeo...The two (used to) hate each other...They'd only talk during official meetings and that was it

Let's now see President Trump next pick........

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

This Trump Administration and it's revolving door of ineptness continues to have one common denominator......Trump, himself.  He's an incredible joke to this nation and the world.  Quite pathetic.

GO RV, then BV

You do realize that's a reason Trump canned John Bolton was most likely because he wants to take the troops out of Afghanistan and make peace with North Korea. Bolton was against both those things.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

You do realize that's a reason Trump canned John Bolton was most likely because he wants to take the troops out of Afghanistan and make peace with North Korea. Bolton was against both those things.

Yep.....and the always wise and brilliant Trump knew that when he hired Bolton.  :facepalm:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Actually,  I think Jared Kushner have more say in Fulton tire than anyone else.

Jared Kushner.....Just another one ( imvho) with his brilliant plan for Israel / Palestine.....Which made Benjamin soooo happy........

Arab leaders denounce Netanyahu’s plan to annex Palestinian territories

Israeli prime minister’s proposal would ‘kill all chances of peace’, says Jordan

Michael Safi in Beirut and Oliver Holmes in Jerusalem

Wed 11 Sep 2019 10.28 BST

3500.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=199854106f10f0af7a849257c8d8e88d
Benjamin Netanyahu said he would permanently seize up to a third of the West Bank if elected
Photograph: Amir Cohen/Reuters

If acted as planned...That  is a  100% sure guarantee to NEVER achieve peace.....If that makes them happy......
  • Like 1

Bolton exit followed bust-up over mooted Trump-Rouhani meeting

• National security adviser opposed idea of easing sanctions
  • Trump on Bolton: ‘He made some very big mistakes’
  •  

Julian Borger in Washington

Wed 11 Sep 2019 22.19 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/sep/11/iran-trump-meeting-un-reports-hassan-rouhani

• Downvote 1