Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

China, Russia buying gold because 'they can read the writing on the wall'

bostonangler

China and Russia have been stockpiling gold, helping to propel the precious metal to its highest level in more than six years.

The People’s Bank of China has added about 100 tons of gold to its reserves since December. Russia has bought 106 tons of the precious metal this year.

“They can read the writing on the wall,” Euro Pacific Capital CEO Peter Schiff told FOX Business, adding that the two countries are “preparing for the world where the dollar is no longer the reserve currency.”

China’s gold reserves now stand at more than 1,950 tons, Bloomberg says. Russia has more than 2,200 tons, and has the fifth-largest stockpile by country.

Beijing’s gold purchases, which amount to 100 tons since December, come as it has been less aggressively buying Treasurys amid the U.S-China trade war. In June, China fell behind Japan as the world’s largest holder of U.S. debt, a title it had held since May 2017.

Meanwhile, Russia has more than quadrupled its reserves over the past decade amid its promise to break its reliance on the U.S. dollar. Russia’s central bank has bought 106 tons so far this year, according to Bloomberg.

Trade war uncertainty and worries about the health of the global economy have helped propel gold prices to their highest level in six years. The precious metal is up almost 18 percent this year and last month hit $1,550 an ounce for the first time since April 2013.

“Prices of precious metals look set to remain elevated, but their recent rally looks overdone,” wrote commodities analysts at the London-based Capital Economics. The firm sees gold hovering around $1,500 an ounce for the rest of the year.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/peter-schiff-china-russia-buying-155529989.html

Get it?

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

You should do the same thing, I am.  I was long Nugt, wpm, and nem until Fri morning.  They broke my sell triggers so I sold.  I’ll wait and see if they rebound.  I tell everyone to buy some gold and silver.  Just buy one damn silver coin a month if that’s all you can do.  It adds up fast and soon you will skip that latte a few times a month and buy 2 coins.  Do it.  You will get some sense of being proactive.  

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Pitcher said:

You should do the same thing, I am.  I was long Nugt, wpm, and nem until Fri morning.  They broke my sell triggers so I sold.  I’ll wait and see if they rebound.  I tell everyone to buy some gold and silver.  Just buy one damn silver coin a month if that’s all you can do.  It adds up fast and soon you will skip that latte a few times a month and buy 2 coins.  Do it.  You will get some sense of being proactive.  

I'm on it!!!! Precious metals are a solid investment... Pun intended.... Lol

B/A

• Thanks 2