Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

TDS has now exposed Liberals for the Evil they are.

2 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

I'm talking about birth control (contraception) not abortion.

GO RV, then BV

You might want to read the little details about the pill. Everyone thinks it prevents conception, it does not prevent conception. Thus the pill is nothing more then another form of abortion. So that is what you are talking about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

You might want to read the little details about the pill. Everyone thinks it prevents conception, it does not prevent conception. Thus the pill is nothing more then another form of abortion. So that is what you are talking about.

Now a week or more ago.....you were patting yourself on the back for making policy about 16 days before the detection of a beating heart being the cutoff for abortion.  A concession you said you were fine with if that's all you could get.  Remember, we were having a very amicable day of deliberation?

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1

Now I understand your stance on birth control being a devout Catholic....

End Quote

Well, Shabbs...I happen to ba a Catholic myself ( probably not so devout, ok....) but my stance on abortion is different as is for many Catholics.....Sorry, LGD

Edited by umbertino
  • Like 1

Sanders spryly rose from his seat and said: “The answer is yes and the answer has everything to do with the fact that women — in the United States of America, by the way — have a right to control their own bodies and make reproductive decisions.”

The crowd cheered.

“And the Mexico City agreement, which denies American aid to those organizations around the world that allow women to have abortions or even get involved in birth control, to me is totally absurd,” the senator continued. “So I think especially in poor countries around the world, where women do not necessarily want to have large numbers of babies and where they can have the opportunity through birth control to the number of kids they have: something I very, very strongly support system" rel="">support.”

End Quote

I happen to agree with the above

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Now a week or more ago.....you were patting yourself on the back for making policy about 16 days before the detection of a beating heart being the cutoff for abortion.  A concession you said you were fine with if that's all you could get.  Remember, we were having a very amicable day of deliberation?

GO RV, then BV

I still feel the same, willing to take whatever I can get to end/limit abortion. 

My only point above is education. My wife and I used the pill up until we became Catholic at which time we learned the truth about the pill.  To say the least I was FURIOUS. I thought such info should have been public knowledge. Then sure enough there it was in the small print on every single box. 

Wherefore by the Grace of God go us all. Now whenever the occasion arises I am more than happy to educate. The pill is the same as an abortion. 

• Thanks 2

I happen to agree with the above

End Quote

In that women should start to responsibilize their men to the use of condoms ( or other  forms of contraception either for him and/or for her)....It's a matter of education mainly as ( esp. in Africa where I have been 9 times, mind you) the general male culture there states that the use of any type of contraceptives is somehow a way to make the male less than a "normal" male which is due to old beliefs.....And in Africa , where the average families are usually very poor contraception should be considered necessary or else Folks there will keep on making babies they cannot afford to have in the 1st place ( 8, 9, 10)...And contraceptives should be given out for free

Another cutural problem in Africa ( in most countries of the continent at least) is that a man doesn't feel like being really a man if he doesn't or can't have children ( possibly a lot) ..Especially in front of the local community...And for women is the same ( or worse) ..As they feel they can be considered they are real women only if they give birth ( to a lot of children) or else the community will despise them and will never deem them as "real" women

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I still feel the same, willing to take whatever I can get to end/limit abortion. 

My only point above is education. My wife and I used the pill up until we became Catholic at which time we learned the truth about the pill.  To say the least I was FURIOUS. I thought such info should have been public knowledge. Then sure enough there it was in the small print on every single box. 

Wherefore by the Grace of God go us all. Now whenever the occasion arises I am more than happy to educate. The pill is the same as an abortion. 

And I  respect your opinion.

GO RV, then BV 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

That's exactly the thing which got my beloved Mother-RIP to leave Church for good....

I learned about it many years later and I got furious and angry and enraged immediately with the priest involved...

It happens that my mom ( I was born already) in the first years of the sixties ( which sounds like centuries ago really) one day decides to go to Church for confession, to our Parish which happened to be 2 mins walk from our home ( at that time).....What I learned ( years later) was that the priest made very specific questions  to her ( a very shy and reserved woman btw) one of those being " howmany children do you have currently?" at which she responded "One"..The priest then asked " do you (and your husband) have the intention of having more?" to which my naive ( meaning sincere) Mother replied "No, we don't"...At this point the priest asked "are you two using some means of contraception then?" My Mother was on the pill and she ( again adamantly) replied "yes, we are.."....At that point the priest replied " I then refuse to give you absolution"

My Mother went back home in tears...She never again entered a Church...That's what that priest got with that....Congrats

After I learned about it I went  look for him as I wanted to talk to him...But either he was already dead or otherwise...I remained full of rage because of this for a long time.....

Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, umbertino said:

That's exactly the thing which got my beloved Mother-RIP to leave Church for good....

I learned about it many years later and I got furious and angry and enraged immediately with the priest involved...

It happens that my mom ( I was born already) in the first years of the sixties ( which sounds like centuries ago really) one day decides to go to Church for confession, to our Parish which happened to be 2 mins walk from our home ( at that time).....What I learned ( years later) was that the priest made very specific questions  to her ( a very shy and reserved woman btw) one of those being " howmany children do you have currently?" at which she responded "One"..The priest then asked " do you (and your husband) have the intention of having more?" to which my naive ( meaning sincere) Mother replied "No, we don't"...At this point the priest asked "are you two using some means of contraception then?" My Mother was on the pill and she ( again adamantly) replied "yes, we are.."....At that point the priest replied " I then refuse to give you absolution"

My Mother went back home in tears...She never again entered a Church...That's what that priest got with that....Congrats

After I learned about it I went  look for him as I wanted to talk to him...But either he was already dead or otherwise...I remained full of rage because of this for a long time.....

I truly am sorry to hear that. The priest handled that completely wrong. First, my understanding is the confessional is for confession, not a judicial inquiry. I've only been asked a question one time during confession and I understood his asking. But if it ever turns into an inquiry I will inform the priest how close to a lawsuit he's coming. 

What we MUST remember from this is that Jesus gave his authority to the Apostles and thus the Priesthood. And That AUTHORITY supersedes the sins of the priest. 

It's the priest job to educate his flock about things like the pill, but there are MUCH BETTER places to educate than in the confessional. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Judge Jeanine, fresh off of suspension, doing what she does best, passing suspect judgment, sans a real bench and gavel.  Carry on Jeanine....the Fox brass is watching.  

GO RV, then BV 

Now if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black. :facepalm1:

• Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I truly am sorry to hear that. The priest handled that completely wrong. First, my understanding is the confessional is for confession, not a judicial inquiry. I've only been asked a question one time during confession and I understood his asking. But if it ever turns into an inquiry I will inform the priest how close to a lawsuit he's coming. 

What we MUST remember from this is that Jesus gave his authority to the Apostles and thus the Priesthood. And That AUTHORITY supersedes the sins of the priest. 

It's the priest job to educate his flock about things like the pill, but there are MUCH BETTER places to educate than in the confessional. 

Thanks

• Like 1