Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Will Iraq pay compensation to America for the September 11 attacks? What does Saddam Hussein's have to do with it?

yota691

It's surprising that they are talking about this again NOW...After we spent almost 2 Trillion US Dollars trying to stabilize and rebuild Iraq.

It was my understanding the USA along with the other coalition countries (The Paris Club) were given designated sums  of New IQD to forgive the debt of the war, based upon the expectation that the IQD would eventually be restored to the pre-Saddam rate of $3.33 (the Golden Dinar), as outlined in the FUTURE OF IRAQ PROJECT (the Bush-Cheney Plan) which was declassified around 2012 (if I remember correctly). :confused2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7
  • Upvote 6

Ron,

Thanks for the post and for your fantastic and efficient manner of describing the historical events you reference. I've seem.many comments regarding The Paris Club over the years but in all honesty never took the time to resesrch the work they're involved in. 

I will certainly take a closer look at the Bush-Cheney plan, which is consistent with 'real.life' and in all reality the true reason the US found itself in Iraq when it did.

I very much like the timing of this article.  Its consistent  with Adam's avalanche analogy - whick makes me suapect that many other articles qith similar stored energy will soon be released...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

PS-

Can anyome remind me as to whether or not it was the IMF (or another entity) that was responsible for devaluing the IQD in '03?

I know I should be ressarching this myself but I am short on time at the moment. I would expect that the same entity responsible for the decrease in value and replacement of the old Sadam notes would be the one responsible for ultimately increasing the current and artificially depreciated rate) 

On that note, it sure would be interesting to compare thd timing and order of the current notes with the date we went to war...

• Upvote 4

Back when trump was campaigning ,he stated ,"We must be paid back for the war in Iraq "  I would guess that what we took from Iraq when  the first thing to do was to clear out their banks , is gold ,tons and tons of it . I do believe that the price of g,old is higher now than it was in 2003 ,  so there should be some interest $ coming our way .The gold is not at Fort Knox ,an antiquated facility ,and they hold as much gold now than they did after WW2 . Check it out if you're super bored .

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

A sovereign country Must have total control of its own currency ,otherwise you are considered nonsovereign . However there is pressure coming from all sides . The US ,considered the most powerful country in the world , would hold a great deal of power . The have opened the green zone for the most part . This to me is huge . There are very few bombings  reported now  relative to the past . Otherwise it's  just good old street like what you would find in a large US city .

• Upvote 1

Thanks Yota- much appreciated. I recall reading some of the details in 2010 but wasn't able to recall with the process with certainty. I am sure there's plenty of back-room deals between the UN and the IMF as well as with and between the central banks,  but it's nice to think that there's a consiatency in thr deval/reval of any currency-

• Upvote 2