Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

On 8/30/2019 at 10:12 PM, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Well...If that makes them happy ( looks like it does....they're all smiling) then I can only be happy for them.......It's awesome to have a "sport" that an entire family shares...Also extremely rare when that happens.......

• Thanks 1

They’re… catchy?

End Quote

Well, LGD...You asked so I am replying....No ( as per my own taste)

As I don't like blondes...I prefer the dark brunette kind of lady...Even ( much) better if she's Ebony ( again personal taste)

Edited by umbertino
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, umbertino said:

Well...If that makes them happy ( looks like it does....they're all smiling) then I can only be happy for them.......It's awesome to have a "sport" that an entire family shares...Also extremely rare when that happens.......

I love how you put that. :bravo: People need to understand that guns aren't the problem, mental welfare is. 

I often wonder why good people don't understand that ever since the invention of the firearm not one single time did a 

gun kill someone. People kill people. A gun is just the tool that was used to do it. No different than when Cain murdered 

Able with a rock. 

16 hours ago, umbertino said:

Some think that sounds racist on my part and I've been told that more than once here in my hometown and also in other places....But it's not that (of course)....Just personal taste...I have a lot of white female friends....

I don't think that comment is racist one bit. But I also am probably the only person here that looked up the meaning of your 

Name, Umbertino. I myself don't really have a favorite type of woman but in my less faithful days I was attracted to them all. 

But I must confess That I find Japanese women to hold a beauty few women can. 

Still my wife's beauty is only secondary to the Holy Mother's. :praying:

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I love how you put that. :bravo: People need to understand that guns aren't the problem, mental welfare is. 

I often wonder why good people don't understand that ever since the invention of the firearm not one single time did a 

gun kill someone. People kill people. A gun is just the tool that was used to do it. No different than when Cain murdered 

Able with a rock. 

I don't think that comment is racist one bit. But I also am probably the only person here that looked up the meaning of your 

Name, Umbertino. I myself don't really have a favorite type of woman but in my less faithful days I was attracted to them all. 

But I must confess That I find Japanese women to hold a beauty few women can. 

Still my wife's beauty is only secondary to the Holy Mother's. :praying:

That's fantastic.......That you used to be attracted to Japanese ladies....I know many Italians fell in love and then ( many of them) married Thai ladies...I am not attracted personally to those physical looks...But never say never....So they say

One question....Please....could you kindly elaborate on the following: "But I also am probably the only person here that looked up the meaning of your Name, Umbertino"...

I'm not sure I got to understand that part.....You mean you did search for the meaning of my name?

My real name is Umberto, not umbertino.....Umbertino means "little Umberto" which was the way my parents and relatives used to call me until I was 10 yr old.......Then they started calling me Umberto ( which made me feel a sort of an adult and very much responsibilized  because of that...Was almost a sort of traumatic change infact.....Psychologists do get me on this one, I'm sure....)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, umbertino said:

That's fantastic.......That you used to be attracted to Japanese ladies....I know many Italians fell in love and then ( many of them) married Thai ladies...I am not attracted personally to those physical looks...But never say never....So they say

One question....Please....could you kindly elaborate on the following: "But I also am probably the only person here that looked up the meaning of your Name, Umbertino"...

I'm not sure I got to understand that part.....You mean you did search for the meaning of my name?

My real name is Umberto, not umbertino.....Umbertino means "little Umberto" which was the way my parents and relatives used to call me until I was 10 yr old.......Then they started calling me Umberto ( which made me feel a sort of an adult and very much responsibilized  because of that...Was almost a sort of traumatic change infact.....Psychologists do get me on this one, I'm sure....)

I was just curious as the name is something different, so I looked up the meaning years ago. But in order to find anything 

of value I needed to break the name into two parts. 

Umber, which loosely means. 

Etymology: Cf. NL. scopus umbretta, F. ombrette; probably fr. L. umbra shade, in allusion to its dark brown color. See Umber a pigment

[Zoöl] An African wading bird (Scopus umbretta) allied to the storks and herons. It is dull dusky brown, and has a large occipital crest. Called also umbrette umbre, and umber bird.

Thus I deduced that the first part of your name meant, "a dusky dark brown".

Tino was much more easier to discern. 

Tino

Origin: Italian
Meaning: Little (or Jr.)

Thus Umber, (dusky dark brown) Tino (little Italian)
I concluded your name to mean 
Little Brown Italian. 

So it would only seem natural that you would prefer 
Chocolate candy as to vanilla

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I was just curious as the name is something different, so I looked up the meaning years ago. But in order to find anything 

of value I needed to break the name into two parts. 

Umber, which loosely means. 

Etymology: Cf. NL. scopus umbretta, F. ombrette; probably fr. L. umbra shade, in allusion to its dark brown color. See Umber a pigment

[Zoöl] An African wading bird (Scopus umbretta) allied to the storks and herons. It is dull dusky brown, and has a large occipital crest. Called also umbrette umbre, and umber bird.

Thus I deduced that the first part of your name meant, "a dusky dark brown".

Tino was much more easier to discern. 

Tino

Origin: Italian
Meaning: Little (or Jr.)

Thus Umber, (dusky dark brown) Tino (little Italian)
I concluded your name to mean 
Little Brown Italian. 

So it would only seem natural that you would prefer 
Chocolate candy as to vanilla

Ok...Great research...But again...My real name is Umberto...

Tino ( an existing name here even though very rare) happens to be a name on its own

And "tino" as an add-on  makes any name become an ( affectionate) diminutive

As "ie" in the States sort of...Steve - Stevie etc

Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Muleslayer said:

Thanks for your research...But again the "stile Umbertino" ( umbertino style) is just another thing

I was given my name because my grandfather on my mother's side  also was called Umberto...In that period of my grandpa ( born circa  1880/5), lots of male kids were named Umberto due to the King etc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umberto_I_of_Italy

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...