Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bedbugs At Trump's Doral?!

Trump claims 'radical left' spread rumors of bedbugs at Florida club

Christopher Wilson  Senior Writer  Yahoo NewsAugust 27, 2019

giraffe-303250-1566924104997.jpg
Scroll back up to restore default view.

President Trump blamed “Radical Left Democrats” for spreading reports that there were bedbugs at a golf resort he owns in Miami, the same one he pitched as the venue for next year’s G-7 meeting.

“No bedbugs at Doral,” wrote Trump on Twitter Tuesday morning. “The Radical Left Democrats, upon hearing that the perfectly located (for the next G-7) Doral National MIAMI was under consideration for the next G-7, spread that false and nasty rumor. Not nice!”

The Miami Herald reported in 2017 that a lawsuit between New Jersey insurance executive Eric Linder and the club had come to a tentative settlement. Linder had sued after waking up during a March 2016 stay at the resort with dozens of bites. According to the Herald, in “a terse one-page report just slipped into the court file, court-appointed mediator Frank Allocca filed a notice that reads ‘an agreement was reached.’ There were no details on what will likely be a confidential deal.”

There is no evidence that Linder’s lawsuit had any ties to the Democratic Party.

Yahoo News photo illustration; photos: AP, Getty Images
Yahoo News photo illustration; photos: AP, Getty Images

#TrumpBedBugs trended on Twitter Monday after Trump pitched his Doral club as the site for next year’s G-7 summit, which is set to be held in the United States. During a joint press conference with French President Emmanuel Macron, Trump gave an extended advertisement for the club as a perfect spot for the gathering of world leaders.

“With Doral we have a series of magnificent buildings — we call them bungalows — they each hold from 50 to 70 luxurious rooms, with magnificent views,” said Trump. “We have incredible conference rooms, incredible restaurants. It’s, like, such a natural.”

Following the president’s comments, Senate Finance Committee ranking member Ron Wyden, D-Ore., issued a statement saying that the G-7 should not be held at a Trump property.

“Under no circumstances should the G-7 be held at Trump’s Doral resort, which would be one of the most egregious examples of corruption and self-dealing in a presidency replete with them,” said Wyden. “Trump is using the office to line his own pockets at the expense of the American people and our standing in the world. Requiring our allies to spend money at the president’s hotel to attend the G-7 would be an insult to them and a violation of our Constitution’s emoluments clause.”

“From my standpoint, I’m not going to make any money,” Trump said Monday when pitching his property. “In my opinion, I’m not going to make any money. I don’t want to make money. I don’t care about making money.”

A June Washington Post analysis found that Trump’s own visits to his properties generated at least $1.6 million in business for him just in the first six months of 2017 — paid mostly by the government and the Trump campaign — despite concerns that “he was using the power of the presidency to direct taxpayer money into his own pockets.” A lobbyist funded by Saudi Arabia paid for 500 rooms at Trump’s Washington hotel following the 2016 election. Trump has previously hosted world leaders at his properties, launching an April 2017 missile strike against Syria during a summit with Chinese President Xi Jinping at Mar-a-Lago.

Trump’s bedbugs tweet does not seem to be related to the other insect story of the day. Bedbugs trended again on Monday evening after New York Times columnist Bret Stephens took offense at a George Washington University professor comparing him to a bedbug on Twitter. Stephens emailed David Karpf and the university provost, writing, “I would welcome the opportunity for you to come to my home, meet my wife and kids, talk to us for a few minutes, and then call me a ‘bedbug’ to my face.” Stephens, who often touts the importance of free speech and “the right to offend,” was roundly mocked for calling the bedbug joke a “new standard” in online harassment.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-doral-resort-bedbugs-rumors-g7-155122372.html

A clear and concise breach of the U.S. Constitution if the G-7 is held at Doral......a spit in the eye of all Americans, particularly conservative constitutionalists.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, caddieman said:

Yeah because having the G7 at Doral is no conflict of interest whatsoever........SMH

Nope, unless you believe that Trump feeling comfortable in a familiar location is some conflict. You forgetPresident Trump signed ALL his holdings over to his son who is one of the few children of his that has absolutely zero say in the administration. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Nope, unless you believe that Trump feeling comfortable in a familiar location is some conflict. You forgetPresident Trump signed ALL his holdings over to his son who is one of the few children of his that has absolutely zero say in the administration. 

He absolutely did not sign everything over to his sons, he merely put them in charge......He did not divest himself.  DJT is the sole benefactor of a blind trust of the Trump empire.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

And his son will sign all of his holdings right back to Trump when he is done. So you think funneling US government business to his son is not a conflict or interest? To avoid a conflict of interest all his holdings needed to be in a blind trust. He refused to to that. So much conflict of interest it’s not even debatable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Just now, caddieman said:

Fine still HUGE conflict of interest.

Maybe, I cannot claim to know all the details of his signing his Holdings over. I only know what I've heard in the news. But, I have watched this man intently for three years. And I believe more likely than not the only reason he said that about the next G7 Summit was to get the media all riled up he knows holding it in his own establishment would raise serious questions. But he does love to lead the video round like a bunch of stray cats.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Right now President Trump should be very happy as Pres. Macron at the G-7 in Biarritz, France seemed to have fallen ecstatically in love with him politically...

They even held the (event's last, I think) press conference together yesterday and announced they are agreeing on a ton of things at a world level (tariffs, China, Iran, Libya even, French tax on big tech corporations and a lot more)....That's of course a good news.....Quite a surprise indeed.....

Pres. Trump also announced in the press conference ( his words) the he ADORES French wines...Macron was on cloud nine, apparently

Edited by umbertino
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

You know they would be the best bed bugs ever!!!

B/A

Likely so....

i ADMIT THAT SOMETIMES ( NOT ALL THE TIMES) SOME OF WHAT mACRON SAYS   does make sense...I have that impression at least....Sometimes I said......

In some of what he states he does indeed sound intelligent  ( by now a rarity among world politicians....)...Just Look at Italy, UK, lots of other Countries.......

Then that's the typical French arrogance which comes out at times......

Edited by umbertino