Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliamentary Finance intends to reintroduce the coin ... Another proposal to delete the zeros

44 minutes ago, dinareffic said:

SWFloridaGuy and Bondlady were my favorite posters. So knowledgeable. May the Rest In Peace 

Same here dinareffic, I think we seem to forget how time has taken its toll on our members. We all entered this at different times of our life and all with different goals. That is why I truly want to meet as many of the DV members as possible and give back in a way that it can affect as many lifes as possible.  

• Like 6
  • Upvote 11

6 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

Same here dinareffic, I think we seem to forget how time has taken its toll on our members. We all entered this at different times of our life and all with different goals. That is why I truly want to meet as many of the DV members as possible and give back in a way that it can affect as many lifes as possible.  

:twothumbs:

Looking fwd to meet u too and the rest of DVers.....

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 6

19 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

I can't wait to meet my DV family! 

Shortly, we will be filled with an abundance of awesome possibilities!

It's will be weird, in a good way, to meet each other face to face! I'm starting my diet right now! LOL!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

7 hours ago, wealthhound said:

I can't wait to meet my DV family! 

Shortly, we will be filled with an abundance of awesome possibilities!

It's will be weird, in a good way, to meet each other face to face! I'm starting my diet right now! LOL!

I have to warn you I’ll probably in a pair of flip flops and a Thong the first time we meet,so don’t judge! Being from the Northeast I’m pretty pasty, I’m not much into fakin bakin’..... so being newly in the Caribbean it will have been a while since my cheeks have seen the sun 😂😂😉😉

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, keylime said:

I did my brother.

That sounded nasty, when I first saw it. Then I opened it and saw the part you posted too. 

• Haha 9

53 minutes ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

I have to warn you I’ll probably in a pair of flip flops and a Thong the first time we meet,so don’t judge! Being from the Northeast I’m pretty pasty, I’m not much into fakin bakin’..... so being newly in the Caribbean it will have been a while since my cheeks have seen the sun 😂😂😉😉

That's hilarious! I'm originally from Long Island! 

Perhaps you should consider some tanning product to apply to your pasty buns! Yup, us North Easterns are pretty straight forward and personally, I like that but I am biased!

• Thanks 3

At least you and Davis411 will be very comfortable 

23 hours ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

And that's all that matters.  :lol:

• Thanks 1

Saturday 7 September 2019 03:54 PM
Number Of Hits: 896
Revealing a study to delete zeros from the Iraqi currency .. The reason?

irq_1750830327&max_width=300

BAGHDAD / .. The parliamentary Finance Committee, a study to delete zeros from the national currency, but they ruled out the application at the moment for several reasons.

"The proposal to delete the zeros has been submitted from the House of Representatives to the Parliamentary Finance Committee in order to study the change of the national currency and all categories and the printing of new coins, but the preliminary study showed that the costs needed by the project is great," the committee's rapporteur Ahmed al-Saffar told reporters.

He added that "the budget deficit for this year and Iraq's debt is one of the most important reasons that will lead to delay the deletion of zeros (three zeros)," noting that "the Finance Committee has assigned specialized bodies of monetary policy to study the project carefully to submit to the Finance Committee to be the main lines of this project, which Its beginnings go back years. "

Al-Saffar pointed out that "deleting the zeros is a project with psychological effects rather than being actual, as the citizen will feel that his money is compatible with the requirements of his life and the movement of supply and demand and equal to hard currency."

http://aynaliraqnews.com/index.php?aa=news&id22=124807

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

(edited)
40 minutes ago, 6ly410 said:

"deleting the zeros is a project with psychological effects rather than being actual

not sure psychological is going to be of any value when I'm going shopping for a new F-150....  <_<

Edited by DinarDavo
  • Upvote 1

So they are saying that deleting the zeros is not going to happen right now? That's not good.  Deleting of zeroes being a psychological effect instead of an actual sounds like they implied it would be a lop.  They need to get there crap straight. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, cranman said:

So they are saying that deleting the zeros is not going to happen right now? That's not good.  Deleting of zeroes being a psychological effect instead of an actual sounds like they implied it would be a lop.  They need to get there crap straight. 

Yup!  That's what they're implying.  

• Haha 2

Can't believe every article that's  put out. This is only on article against all the other articles stating coins and lower denoms are coming out, debts  have been forgiven and the agreement between Baghdad and the Kurds close to being completed. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Carrello said:

Yota, I am unsure where to place this article....and by posting it I am not saying I believe it either.

Read Revealing a study to delete zeros from the Iraqi currency .. The reason?

Carrillo, 

In my opinion you can put it in the BS section because we know it’s not the truth according to the CBI articles of late. 

Yota, can you create a BS section in DVs? 

• Haha 6

Here's another article with similar content but a different twist on the title:

Parliamentary Finance is considering deleting zeros from the currency, despite the exclusion of their application

SEPTEMBER 7TH, 2019

Compatible with supply and demand movement and equal to «difficult»

Baghdad - the new morning:

The parliamentary Finance Committee revealed a study to delete zeros from the national currency, but ruled out the application at the moment for several reasons.

The committee's rapporteur Ahmed al-Saffar said in a press statement that «the proposal to delete the zeros had been submitted from the House of Representatives to the parliamentary Finance Committee in order to study the change of the national currency and all categories and the printing of new currencies, but the preliminary study showed that the costs needed by the project large». 

He added that «the budget deficit for this year and the debt of Iraq is one of the most important reasons that will delay the deletion of zeros (three zeros)», noting that «the Finance Committee has assigned specialized bodies of monetary policy to study the project carefully to submit to the Finance Committee to put the main lines of this project, which "Its beginnings go back years."

Al-Saffar pointed out that «deleting zeros is a project with psychological effects more than being actual, as the citizen will feel that his money is compatible with the requirements of his life and the movement of supply and demand and equal to hard currency».

The Finance Committee in the House of Representatives, said at the end of August, that «there is a tendency to re-work the coin, which was used for decades in the country». 

She stressed the importance of pre-empting the coinage process by step «delete zeros» from the current currencies to be a value for small cash groups. 

Committee member Hanin al-Qadu, that «during meetings and discussions with officials at the Central Bank stressed the need to re-work coins that were used in Iraq during the past decades, rather than paper that is damaged and printed in large quantities again».

He added that «the use of metal categories and their descent for circulation gives a notional value of the currency», pointing out that «the exchange rates of the currencies of a number of neighboring countries are very high against the dollar, however we find that it has a coin in order to preserve the currency and not need to ask for more banknotes Especially the small ones. ” 

He expressed surprise at the policy of the Central Bank, which does not favor the introduction of coins for circulation in the Iraqi market. 

For his part, a member of Parliamentary Finance Majid al-Waeli readiness of the Committee to prepare any legislation required by the Central Bank, which could benefit the economy and the Iraqi market, including the circulation of coins. 

A member of the Finance Committee, Ahmed al-Saffar, he saw that «the cost of coin is more than paper, as well as the harder to carry on the citizen».

Al-Saffar suggested that «there is a step to delete the zeros preceding the coinage process to be a value for the small groups versus the large».

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

(edited)
3 hours ago, Carrello said:

deleting the zeros is a project with psychological effects rather than being actual, as the citizen will feel that his money is compatible with the requirements of his life and the movement of supply and demand and equal to hard curre

This is one of the most convoluted statements I believe I’ve ever read or heard. The RV will make them “feel better” but having a significant increase in their buying power with an international traded currency  “won’t make any actual difference to them”.

What poppycock! 

Totally agree with your assessment of the article Carrillo. I recall hearing (and it may not be accurate) that just before the RV happens, there will be all sort of distracting news coming out of Iraq.

Edited by Bama Girl
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

I have been in this for over 11 years, this is the same ole same ole message. Not sure they even know what to do if anything …..the only thing we can still do is ……….here it comes...….WAIT!  I sure wish they would do something, good, bad, or ugly, but something. Go RV! What ever that means.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5