Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne Resigns Over Russian Romance Scandal

bostonangler

Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne is resigning due to the scandal surrounding his romance with an alleged Russian spy.

The Overstock (NASDAQ:OSTK) CEO addresses the issues in a recent news release from the company. In it, he says that his continued leadership of the company could lead to problems for the business. He also notes that the controversial nature of the news is too much for him to continue to serve as the CEO of the company.

Here’s a portion of that letter from now former Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne.

“Coming forward publicly about my involvement in other matters was hardly my first choice. But for three years I have watched my country pull itself apart while I knew many answers, and I set my red line at seeing civil violence breaking out. My Rabbi made me see that “coming forward” meant telling the public (not just the government) the truth. I now plan on leaving things to the esteemed Department of Justice (which I have doubtless already angered enough by going public) and disappearing for some time.”

Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne stepping down also has him leaving his seat on the Board of Directors. Dr. Kamelia Aryafar is taking over this seat from the former CEO. Jonathan Johnson III is also going to be serving as the interim CEO of Overstock. The company didn’t reveal any details about searching for a permanent replacement for Byrne.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/overstock-ceo-patrick-byrne-resigns-171914776.html

Wasn't this the guy who last week said he was going to bring down the Deep State? He was going to be the next hero in the war on fantasy!!! LOL

B/A

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

I watched that guy on Martha McCallum last night. He just rambled and babbled for 15 minutes. Still not sure of everything he said. He was all over the place. Could or would not take about some things, would not name names. But if he has info and has gone to the Justice Dept, them we soon should know exactly what happened. In the meantime, I would watch my back. The Clintons are still out there.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Do not / chose not to see your posts anymore as you happen to be ( how strange!!!!)  on my ignore list....Diplomats would call that  " Persona non grata"....You and others...You're not the only one......Just so you know

Nothing personal of course.....Just a whim......

I need to spare myself  more balls-breaking situations as much as possible...Again...That's nothing personal.....