Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

• 2 weeks later...

At least 24 shot, 5 killed in West Texas rampage, official says; suspect dead

694940094001_6082189998001_6082187817001-vs.jpg

At least 24 people were shot and five people were killed Saturday in a series of shootingsin the area of Midland and Odessa, Texas, an Odessa city official told Fox News.

A suspect, who local police identified only as a white male in his mid-30s, was shot and killed at an Odessa movie theater, local police said.

Odessa police chief Michael Gerke said that the tally of victims included three injured law enforcement officers and at least 21 civilians. It was not clear whether the number of dead included the shooter, nor was it clear whether that number was included among the 21 civilian victims.

City spokesperson Devin Sanchez told Fox News that the incident began with the shooting of a Texas state trooper at 3:17 p.m. during a traffic stop on Interstate 20 in Midland County. After that shooting, the suspect continued west into Odessa and shot another person on Interstate 20 before driving around the eastern part of the city, where there are multiple scenes and victims, the official said. At some point, the subject stole a mail truck, and there were additional shootings, the official said.

The suspect then traveled back east in the stolen mail truck toward the movie theater, where various law enforcement agencies contacted him. Gunfire was exchanged, and the suspect was killed.

694940094001_6082191035001_6082189259001-vs.jpg

Gurke declined to name the suspect but said he had some idea of who the man was.

Midland Mayor Jerry Morales told Fox News that a Midland police officer and an Odessa police officer were shot in addition to the state trooper. Their conditions were not immediately known.

Medical Center Hospital in Odessa said it received 13 shooting victims, seven of whom were in critical condition. Two others were in serious condition and one patient was deceased. One victim, a 17-month-old child, was airlifted to a level one trauma center in Lubbock, about two hours north of Odessa. The other two victims had been treated and released as of Saturday evening.

Midland Memorial Hospital said it was treating six wounded victims. Three of those victims were in critical condition and three were in stable condition. At least

"I was born and raised here, I do not recall anything like this ever happening," Morales told Fox. "It's hard to swallow. It's hard to understand. [...] There's a lot of learning going on. It was very rapid."

The suspect's killing brought an end to a chaotic afternoon, during which police initially reported that there were two shooters in two separate vehicles. At a news conference Saturday evening, Gerke said police believe the suspect killed at the movie theater was the only gunman.

The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) urged the public to avoid I-20 in Odessa, Midland and Big Spring. Residents of Midland and Odessa were also urged to stay inside.

Dustin Fawcett was sitting in his truck at a Starbucks in Odessa when he heard at least six gunshots ring out less than 50 yards behind him.

At first, he thought it might have been a tire blowing but he heard more shots and spotted a white sedan with a passenger window that had been shattered. That's when he thought, "Oh man, this is a shooting."

Fawcett, 28, an Odessa transportation consultant, "got out to make sure everyone was safe" but found that no one had been struck by the gunfire nearby. He said a little girl was bleeding, but she hadn't been shot, and that he found out she was grazed in the face.

Fawcett said authorities responded quickly and when police pulled out their rifles and vests he knew that "this is not a drive-by. This is something else, this is something bigger."

President Trump has been briefed on the shooting and the White House is monitoring the situation, White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham said.

Justice Department spokesman Kerri Kupec tweeted that Attorney General William Barr was monitoring the situation.

"Just briefed by Attorney General Barr about the shootings in Texas. FBI and Law Enforcement is fully engaged. More to follow," Trump later tweeted

Vice President Mike Pence, speaking shortly before departing on a trip to Poland, told reporters: "Our hearts break for the families who have loved ones who've been injured, those who have loved ones who have lost their lives in the wake of this latest mass shooting, and the president and I remain absolutely determined to work with leaders of both parties in the Congress to take such steps so we can address and confront this scourge of mass atrocities in our country."

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott decried what he called a "senseless and cowardly attack."

"The state of Texas and the Department of Public Safety are working closely with local law enforcement to provide resources as needed and deliver justice for this heinous attack," Abbott said in a statement. "I thank the first responders who have acted swiftly and admirably under pressure, and I want to remind all Texans that we will not allow the Lone Star State to be overrun by hatred and violence. We will unite, as Texans always do, to respond to this tragedy.”

694940094001_6082200306001_6082195468001-vs.jpg

"I am horrified to see such a senseless act terrorize the fine people of the Permian Basin," Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said in a statement. "Thank you to the courageous local and state first responders who worked quickly today to stop this evil attack. I have asked my law enforcement division and my crime victims services team to assist in any way necessary. Please join Angela and me as we pray for comfort for those who have been impacted by this violent act.”

"Tonight we are one with the entire Midland-Odessa community, especially the victims of this horrific tragedy. I want to thank law enforcement and first responders for their courage in an impossible situation," Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, said. "In the face of unspeakable violence, Texans have come together before. We will again."

"We are thankful for the law enforcement officers who heroically risked their lives and acted swiftly to stop the shooter and save others. Their courage helped prevent even more senseless deaths, and we honor their tireless commitment to protecting us all," Cruz said. "We Texans are standing together tonight united against all forms of hatred and violence

Saturday's shooting came exactly four weeks after a gunman killed 22 people and wounded 24 others at a Walmart in El Paso. The suspect in that massacre reportedly told authorities he was targeting Mexicans. Earlier this week, Abbott held two meetings with lawmakers about how to prevent mass more shootings in Texas.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

The University of Texas of the Permian Basin was on lockdown for several hours. The lockdown was lifted at around 6:30 p.m.

Odessa is about 20 miles southwest of Midland. Both cities are more than 300 miles west of Dallas

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Karsten said:

Another one in Mobile at a High Schiool Foot Ball Game.....What the hell has happened to people in the last few years?

Karsten

Thanks Karsten, here's the story.

10 teens shot at high school football game in Alabama, 17-year-old arrested

Aug 31, 2019, 2:13 PM ET

A 17-year-old was arrested after 10 people were shot following a high school football game in Alabama, according to police.

The victims in the shooting, which happened in Mobile, ranged in age from 15 to 18. They were rushed to area hospitals, officials said.

PHOTO: At least 10 people were injured in a shooting at a high school football game in Mobile, Alabama.

No one died, according to authorities.

Deangelo Parnell, 17, has been arrested and charged with nine counts of attempted murder, Mobile Police Department spokesman Laderrick Dubose told ABC News Saturday morning.

PHOTO: Deangelo Parnell, 17, was arrested and charged with nine counts of attempted murder.

Mobile Police Chief Lawrence Battiste didn't confirm to reporters the shooting stemmed from an altercation, but he did admonish young people for "bringing their beefs that they have with each other in their neighborhoods" into public settings and "putting people in harm's way."

The incident "may have been a directed threat at one or two individuals and other people just happened to fall prey to their carelessness," Battiste added.

One person had a seizure and another suffered an injured hand, but it's unclear if those individuals were among the 10 who got shot.

"Why are young people bringing this type of violence to public events?" Battiste said at a news conference. "We're gonna have to be more aggressive on our end as a city as to how we hold these individuals accountable."

• Upvote 2

by Jim Hoft September 1, 2019 16 Comments

odessa-shooting.jpg

There was an active shooting situation in Odessa, Texas on Saturday afternoon.

UPDATE—- 20 shooting victims.
7 people are dead!

Texas officials identified the name of the shooter almost 24 hours after the deadly shooting.

36-year-old Seth Ator, a resident of Odessa, Texas was named as the assailant on Sunday.
He opened fire on state troopers during a traffic stop.

The New York Post reported:

The assault rifle-toting madman who killed seven people and wounded more than 20 others in a roving Texas spree was identified Sunday as Seth Ator.

Ator, a 36-year-old resident of Odessa, Texas, was first named as the assailant by CBS News, citing law-enforcement sources.

When his gold Toyota pick-up truck was pulled over for a minor signaling infraction along a stretch of I-20 near Midland, Texas, on Saturday, Ator blasted approaching state troopers, seriously wounding one, authorities have said.

Seth Ator had a criminal record.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Karsten said:

What the hell has happened to people in the last few years?

MY (NOTE: MY) opinion ONLY is the "mass" "shootings" are a Deep State Operation. I provided a tally of the "mass" "shootings" earlier for Former And The Current True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump since Billy (goat). MY (NOTE: MY) is THIS is an attempt at a Ku Ku Koup to "remove" "means" OF "protection" FROM "oppressive" "governments" AS AN ACTIVE Chinese Commie OBJECTIVE. Billy (goat) DISABLED ALOT OF The United States Of America INFLUENCE TO THEE Chinese.

Clinton Catches Some Flak Over Jiang's Visit

Rep. Pelosi questions red-carpet treatment for Chinese president

us.chinese.flags.gif

WASHINGTON (AllPolitics, Oct. 27) -- On the eve of China President Jiang Zemin's visit to Washington, U.S. officials disagree on President Bill Clinton's role during this week's summit and relations between the two countries.

Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), appearing on CNN's "Late Edition," expressed her concern with the United States' welcome to Jiang, asking, "Why should we be rolling out the red carpet for the leader of the regime that crushes dissent in his own country? Why should we give a 21-gun salute to the leader of the People's Liberation Army, which proliferates weapons of mass destruction to unsafeguarded and rogue states?"

Pelosi criticized Clinton's speech last week on U.S.-China policy, calling it "masterful in the way it whitewashed China's record on human rights, proliferation, and trade."

clinton

But Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) defended the summit's goals, pointing out that leaders will discuss a range of topics, including international law enforcement, narcotics trafficking and immigration problems, as well as economic concerns.

Kerry also addressed the issue of religious freedom in China. "There's a huge amount of religion practiced there. Is it somewhat restricted? The answer is yes. Has there been some discrimination. The answer is yes. And some persecution, but it is moving significantly beyond where it has been, and you've got a country that's evolving from 42 magazines to over 2,200, from a few cell phones to over seven million," he said.

Former Secretary of State Lawrence Eagleburger acknowledged China's human rights violations and trade problems, but he stressed the United States must be patient in dealing with China. "We are going to have to live with this country over the course of the next 40 or 50 years, and they're going to be terribly critical in the next century," Eagleburger said.

zemin.jpg

Jiang's visit this week is the first visit by a Chinese head of state in 12 years, before the violent confrontation with pro-democracy demonstrators in Beijing's Tiananmen Square in 1989. He began his visit on Sunday with a stop in Honolulu and a visit to the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial, and will be honored at a state dinner in Washington on Wednesday.

From Washington, Jiang goes on to Philadelphia, New York City, Boston and Los Angeles.

In Honolulu, local reporters were briefly barred from a luncheon that Jiang attended; Honolulu city official Cortney Harrington said it was "because the Chinese government wants you out." Afterward, guests said the 71-year-old Jiang tried out the hula with 100 young dancers.

U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright called the summit "serious" and said the U.S. has an opportunity to fashion a relationship with China that will benefit the United States "across the board."

hawaii.jpg

Appearing on NBC's "Meet The Press" on Sunday, Albright called Jiang "a reformer."

"That is where we have to pick up," Albright said. "The extent to which he and this leadership is interested in pursuing reform in China."

Albright said the human rights issue is "central" to U.S. policy but it is not the only component.

"Human rights is a major component of our trying to deal with China," Albright said. "And we will never have a completely normal relationship with them until they have a better human rights policy."

But Albright insisted the relationship with China must be multi-faceted.

albright

"China is a huge country that has tremendous influence regionally and globally," Albright said. "It is there for us to have a strategic relationship with. It is in our national security interests to have a dialogue with them on issues on mutual concern."

"An important part here, for us, is to engage with China but not endorse everything that they're doing," Albright said.

One issue the U.S. will be reviewing closely is China's assurances that it is ending nuclear cooperation with Iran. If that's true, Clinton could certify China as cooperating on nonproliferation, and that would open the way for the U.S. to sell nuclear power reactors to China.

"I can assure you that we will not be selling [nuclear reactors] until we feel that we have clear and unequivocal assurances," Albright said.

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1997/10/27/china.summit/

THEE Chinese WANT AND NEED The United States Of America TRUE Patriot Citizens TO BE DISARMED AND HAVE USED DEEP STATE MASS SHOOTINGS TO SWAY VOTER AND LEGISLATOR VOTES.

Texas IS NO DUMMY AND KNOWS WHAT IS GOING ON. Texas WILL HAND THEIR HIND QUARTERS TO THEM MAKE NO MISTAKE. FORGET ABOUT THE MEDIA ACCOUNTS THE REAL PLAN IS UNDERWAY TO STOP THIS NONSENSE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, umbertino said:

What the hell has happened to people in the last few years?

Karsten

End Quote

Great question indeed......

I wonder why people don't understand that by allowing the murder of 60+ Million Babies since 1973, how that affects the human psychy. Loosing concern for the value of the sanctity of life leads to what we're seeing today. And it is only going to get worse. 

Not to forget those murdered Babies souls are before the Throne of God crying out for justice. 

The ability of people to see what should be easy to see is gone. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

A 14-year-old confessed to killing all five of his family members in an Alabama home, authorities say

By Christina Maxouris and Joe Sutton, CNN

Updated 0942 GMT (1742 HKT) September 3, 2019

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/03/us/alabama-residence-shooting/index.html

Sorry again to hear such news.........More than horrible.......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

69 People Have Been Killed in Mass Shootings in 2019 Alone

By Alejandro de la Garza

August 5, 2019

America doesn’t actually lead the world in mass shootings

By John Lott and Michael Weisser

August 30, 2018 | 7:09pm

https://nypost.com/2018/08/30/america-doesnt-actually-lead-the-world-in-mass-shootings/

The Deadliest Mass Shootings In History

The largest mass shooting to ever occur was the Garissa University College Attack, in Garissa, Kenya, in 2014. 148 victims perished in the attack.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-deadliest-mass-shootings-in-history.html

Dissenting Opinions: On Mass Shootings in the United States

Jacob and George offer their thoughts on American gun culture

August 8, 2019

https://geopoliticalfutures.com/dissenting-opinions-on-mass-shootings-in-the-united-states/

Edited by umbertino
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

"Open" carry.

GO RV, then BV

Kansas is open carry but Walmart is saying they don't want you to carry your firearm even in open carry states. Personally I don't think anyone is going to listen to Walmart. And I do think it will hurt their bottom line. 

• Thanks 3

Tallahassee: Multiple People Wounded in 'Massive Stabbing' at Business

The Tallahassee Police Department is investigating what was described as a “massive stabbing” at a business in Tallahassee, Florida, according to emerging reports.

The incent reportedly occurred at Dyke Industries (seen above, in a Google Street View image) in an industrial park off Hartsfield Road. The number of victims and the extent of their injuries is currently unknown.

The Tallahassee Democrat reports:

At 8:37 a.m. Wednesday, the Tallahassee Police Department responded to a stabbing near the 2000 block of Maryland Circle. Upon officers’ arrival, they discovered multiple stabbing victims and provided immediate medical attention. The suspect is in custody.

[…]

Marquitta Campbell’s husband Bobby Riggins Jr. arrived for a job interview at Dyke Industries Inc. at about 8:30 a.m. She said she was on the phone with him and heard a commotion. He then told her he’d been stabbed.

“The next thing I know, he said ‘baby. I’ve been stabbed five times,’” Campbell told the Tallahassee Democrat. “‘I’ve been stabbed.’”

Ellen Mospens, who was at the scene of the incident, told reporters that she texted her husband to plead that he come get her from the scene, telling him a “massive stabbing” had taken place.

Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare spokeswoman Danielle Buchanan said in a statement that six people were undergoing treatment for stabbing wounds.

“They are currently being evaluated by our medical team. We will provide an update as soon as more information becomes available,” Buchanan said.

Tallahassee police spokesman Damon Miller confirmed that officers had responded to reports of a stabbing, but would not provide further details.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/4/2019 at 6:28 AM, Shabibilicious said:

"Open" carry.

GO RV, then BV

Better to conceal carry. You are less likely to be the first one to get shot. You become a unknown to a shooter. 

If Walmart says no open carry, fine with me. I will conceal carry. If concealed properly there is no issue. 

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Better to conceal carry. You are less likely to be the first one to get shot. You become a unknown to a shooter. 

If Walmart says no open carry, fine with me. I will conceal carry. If concealed properly there is no issue. 

While Open carry might be a Right or Legal in your area if is rather foolish IMO......I carry Concealed from the time I wake up until I hit the pillow and then it is close. If you Open Carry you draw Attention of not only other people that hate guns, you draw the attention of those that carry legally Conceal......And, Wait for it......The Bad Guy or Guys.

Should you be Open Carrying you have lost the element of Surprise and the Bad Guy will most likely target that person 1st.

Another thing to be aware of your choice of apparel......NRA Hats, Come and Take It Hats.....Shirts that are Pro Gun, Pro 2nd Amendment all scream.....Hey, Bad Guy...Over here, I might or most likely do have a Gun.

People will Case a Place 1st and take notice of any threat before they act

Here is another case in point.

Karsten

• Thanks 3