Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What Are Your Thoughts On The RV Realistically Happening?

Master Oogway

Long-time lurker but recently signed in last year because I wanted to be able to read Greg's posts without the 2 hour wait after 2 pages. LOL. Greg really seems to be on to some stuff. Like really in the know, and that seems valuable.

But can you guys tell me your honest opinions on if you think the RV will ever really happen and why? I am not a finance major and I don't know how the world economy works with relation to FIAT money. But when I  first got into this I scoured the internet for any and all updates related to the Dinar/Dong. Listened to or read the transcriptions of so-called gurus but after 2 years of "Oh, this Monday...this Wednesday...This Friday...This next month...This next year.." I like a few people began to burn out from the anxiety of all of it.

So then, I would just periodically check in every few months to see. I would be thinking, man this thing could have happened and you could sitting on a few bucks! LOL.

But yesterday, I come in here (one of my few favorite Dinar spots) and I see people celebrating because the printing of coins is imminent. So, I thought I would create this thread for anyone who'd like to educate me on where you all think this thing stands from: a ridiculous and unmitigated pipe dream all of the way to riches beyond your wildest dreams. 

Don't hold back

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

I too have been a long time lurker. Been a member of the Forum since I bought in, just always read because I am not a finance wiz at all.

Short answer is yes. They have to get their money back up to a reasonable amount of value for obvious reasons. Beyond that , it is a middle east country. So anything can happen. Just when is what makes this a speculation. Of course I would love to see it go to what they were before it all came crashing down. And It may get there at some point. My opinion is that they will have to come out at least 1-1 to take the USD out of the country. As always, One Day Closer!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

I believe Iraq truly plans to RV.  They've been saying that for years and they've repeatedly shared their targets of first $1 and the $3+.  And since in the past year, they've been super productive and are accomplishing so many things that are important for the RV, it makes me think they plan to do it fairly soon.  But, as cjdavid said, it still may not happen.  Sometimes plans just don't come to fruition, even with the best of intentions.  And to me, the biggest threat is Iraq itself.  I've come to believe that in Middle East culture, bickering and egos play a much bigger part than they do in Western culture.  So  I think it's possible that the various factions within the government may not be able to get out of their own way and complete this common, much needed goal.  But I still think the chances are much higher that the RV will get done than that it won't.  And hopefully in the near future, for everyone's sake!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 9

1 hour ago, KristiD said:

I believe Iraq truly plans to RV.  They've been saying that for years and they've repeatedly shared their targets of first $1 and the $3+.  And since in the past year, they've been super productive and are accomplishing so many things that are important for the RV, it makes me think they plan to do it fairly soon.  But, as cjdavid said, it still may not happen.  Sometimes plans just don't come to fruition, even with the best of intentions.  And to me, the biggest threat is Iraq itself.  I've come to believe that in Middle East culture, bickering and egos play a much bigger part than they do in Western culture.  So  I think it's possible that the various factions within the government may not be able to get out of their own way and complete this common, much needed goal.  But I still think the chances are much higher that the RV will get done than that it won't.  And hopefully in the near future, for everyone's sake!

As I imagine the differences in my life if it revalues at $.10 all of the way up to $3.22, I can't help but be excited.  Whatever it is, it will be an amazing event and many people in my life would be positively affected. 

I'm telling you that I had emotionally checked out of this thing until this week reading about the imminent painting of the coins; and now the fires of anticipation and imagination are stoked again. 

I'm gonna have to re-wean myself off of these sites again.  

3 hours ago, eastcreek said:

Master O, there are days when I really don't want to hear "realistic," I want my hopium in very strong doses ! Ha !

Overall, I'm with cjdavid on this. Clean statement, imo.

Lol. Man (or woman),  I'm the same way. I WANT MY HOPIUM!! I remember discussing this thing with people years ago and there was lots of negativity,  I just didn't want to hear it.  Let me enjoy the possibilities. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Another thought I have is, what is the hard cost on minting these new coins? If the coin values are fractions of the paper currency (which is ridiculously low in itself) how can they not be wasting/losing tons of money by minting coins? Why would they even do that? So, I’m pretty encouraged by the news of coins being reintroduced, as it tells me there has to be a change for the better in the rate. 

Just my :twocents:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

Another thought I have is, what is the hard cost on minting these new coins? If the coin values are fractions of the paper currency (which is ridiculously low in itself) how can they not be wasting/losing tons of money by minting coins? Why would they even do that? So, I’m pretty encouraged by the news of coins being reintroduced, as it tells me there has to be a change for the better in the rate. 

Just my :twocents:

I agree with your thoughts and hope it’s a good sign!

As another thought I’ve had all along is while there is expense in making the coins they do basically last forever and aren’t worth forging either due to that expense. In fact I’ve thought all along all paper money should be gotten rid of and switch to all coins. Look at what we spend on our paper bills all the time, coming up with new ones and more security features and yet they still are counterfeited.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

So if I were a millionaire or Billionaire and the Dinar came out at 1 to 1 or less I would offer dinar holders more than the exchange rate to buy it all up. Then I would keep it until the rate climbs to what it used to be before it crashed. So why wouldn't Iraq want to reinstate it to what it was previously? Or at least start off at 1 to 1 then float quickly. Just my opinion. But it makes sense. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

• 2 months later...

I've been in this since 2009. The one thing I know for sure about this whole situation is that middle eastern and western logic are light years apart. I read some of these posts over the years and wonder if middle easterners can even go to the bathroom on their own. That said, we have 2 choices. Cash out and forget about it OR we wait. We have absolutely no control or say so over this.

As Trump said in 2018, "referred to them as "the most accomplished group of thieves he'd ever met"  

• Upvote 5

Confession time...

I am the reason why we have not only been waiting for so long,

but also why we will continue to wait. Allow me to explain.

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

The moment I sell mine back to my broker,

the RV will happen...

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, mrparrot said:

Confession time...

I am the reason why we have not only been waiting for so long,

but also why we will continue to wait. Allow me to explain.

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

The moment I sell mine back to my broker,

the RV will happen...

"Have a Little Faith Baby."

Karsten

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I've been in this for 10 years now and mostly lurk. What has struck me as positive lately is the push to free themselves from the  Iran influence with (of course) some help from the USA.  Many have commented that much of the corruption stems from them, and because of that, the unwillingness of Iran to change Iraq's monetary circumstances.  For these past ten years, I've noticed the constant reference to Iran's role in Iraq but didn't understand how deep it was and how it affected things.  So for my part,  I'm rooting for the protesters, and hoping the USA is invested enough in showing Iran who's who, that it pushes this  to the event that we are all hoping for.  I'm still hopeful!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

I believe Iraq must have internationally traded currency at some point, I just have no idea when that point will occur. I honestly believe the RV would have already happened if we had not had Maliki for 8 years. In my opinion, if Iraq had Abadi or someone like him as the PM instead of Maliki and had kept Shabibi as CBI Governor, we all would be going our merry way by now.

BUT that wasn’t the scenario, so we lost 8 years with Maliki and 2-3 years with ISIS, a lot of damage was done physically and financially to the country so I haven’t a clue WHEN we will be richer. However, I am encouraged with some of the recent events and I’m not selling out but I do hope I get to enjoy some of the financial benefit of the RV instead of just my heirs. 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

I believe their was a plan put forward decades ago for Iraq to move forward as a country with a reinstated currency . Strategic agreements between Iraq and The United States  . The failure of this plan would mean the failure of the United States to pay our extreme deficit . The collapse of our economy and hardship for our nation and other countries as well . I believe we as a Nation can not afford this plan to fail . The United States will be joined with Iraq well after the RI/RV. Iraq will not Fail ....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I believe all these are indicators of an increase of dinar exchange rate in the near future.

- Foreign currency reserves $82 billion dollars 

- Gold reserves 96 Tons

- Inflation+/-2%

- Development of Private sector

- Diversification of the economy 

- Trade deals signed with many different countries 

- Customs Duty regulations

- Can’t travel in /out of the country with more than 1,000,000 IQD ($840) but can travel with $10,000 dollars

- CBI reducing the amount of money in circulation 

- CBI restructuring the banking system with the latest technology 

- Pressure from the citizens protesting on the street for a better future

- Feasibility study from ministry of planning $1.13

- SIGIR report from congress $1.17

- TBI report $1.71

- Oil production increasing

- Oil export increasing 

- Fighting corruption 

- support from IMF, U.N., WB, BIS, USA, UST, China, Japan, Germany, UK, Canada, France, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and many others

- CBI talking about open market economy 

- Ascension to WTO

This is just from the top of my mind.

I believe we are close to see real market of the IQD in the near future.

Go RV

Go asap

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8
  • Upvote 5

This rv will happen because it just makes sense ,and will benefit so many . We have  the Almighty power on our side . Recent events are very encouraging . This rv would never happen until the Iraqi street had had it . They have innerweb ,and they want what they see  we have in the good old US . Ahhh! the power of the innerweb .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I would have to agree with everything above..

Way back when the IQD was greatly devalued to stop the war or slow the bad guys down and cripple their effort and ability to make war...it did just that.

Fat forward past bush and into the next Administration to a Muslim Friendly who changed the ROE, Who Supported the other side, who bombed the desert or drop pamphlets letting them know they had 2 days to clear out.   Totally FUBAR'ed the Status of Forces Agreement, pulled Troops out, Giving birth to  IS and letting it fester into something he hoped couldn't stop....I wont go into Arms and Equipment left for the BG's and the pallets of cash sent to Iran........

In short we lost 8 years, The Iraqi People were made to suffer for the same 8 years....Maliki was put in as a puppet for Iran and ran the country padding his pockets all the time funneling money to Iran.

Fast forward again and the Citizens of Iraqi have had it with the Corruption. The Citizens in Iran have had enough and want their Country Back.....Both people's are tired of living off next to nothing, no jobs, very lacking housing, little electric.

Something is going to have to change meet the demands of the people or there will be Civil Unrest in both Iran and Iraqi.....Everything is set up to make these changes happen....With this pressure and nothing happens Iraq will forever be dropping into a 3rd World.

They need to have a Currency that is Traded Internationally and for that it has to be worth a hell of a lot more than an 8th of a US Penny.

Karsten

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1