Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Iranian Central Bank: We have reached better methods of providing foreign exchange and selling oil

DWS112

1 hour ago, southbeach said:

DinarThug, the two above reports are very telling.  Thank you again.

"Iranians are a proud nation and having a national currency where one needs to pay 120,000 units to get one US dollar does not set well with Iranian pride. Twelve new tomans to the dollar would sound much nicer ."

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Central Bank Governor: National currency value rose 40%

By Alialhajj 23/08/2019 10:30 PM | Number Of Hits: 106

Central Bank Governor: National currency value rose 40%

The value of Iran's national currency has risen by 40% in the past eight months, the country's central bank governor said.

This came during an interview conducted by "NBC", with the Governor of the Central Bank of Iran, who explained the latest economic developments in the country and Iranian oil exports and the economic conditions of the country after the US embargo.

On Trump's claim that he would zero in on Iranian oil exports, Hemmati said, "We are continuing our oil exports and are on the rise and are moving forward using unconventional methods."

In response to a question about the volume of Iranian oil exports, he refused to disclose the figure in light of the fact that Iran is now in an economic war with the United States and it is not correct to disclose such information to a government facing us. Planned America to reach its goal.

He pointed out that the US embargo mainly targets the poor and middle segments, while the US administration has said it wants to overthrow the state where the embargo led to an inflationary shock that mainly affected the poor and low-income classes.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/22/2019 at 6:08 PM, southbeach said:

One way or the other, I know Jesus will buy me some more shirts, because He IS my Source.  Who do you believe is your source, the county, state, or fed?

Yo mama. 

Yes, let people believe in (hype) a "hail mary" with massive inflation, and a sick, corrupt core of government that's been that way since the shah took over. 

Another Iranian "real" thread. 

Pumpers be pumpin it...Bro. 

I'll keep callin 'em out, if only to keep people centered from the BS they spout hourly.

Newsfeeds mean nothing.

Learn about market makers, follow the money and the liquidity of such money. 

It's not complicated, actually.

Educate  and invest in yourself, instead of some...

synopsis-based hogwash. 

Edited by justchecking123
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

From the Foreign Currency thread:

2 hours ago,  lmb4321 said: 

Southbeach....Amazon sells Rial....don't know if it's legit or not......

WOW!  You're right, Imb4321.

I couldn't believe it!

Now, I wonder if it is no longer illegal to own it?

Also, it doesn't look like they are going to be worth anything if everyone can buy as much as they want.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=iranian+rial+100000&crid=1M0TSKG28M9X4&sprefix=Iranian+Rial%2Caps%2C155&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_12

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=iranian+rial+currency&crid=2M4T5G4IYT83G&sprefix=iranian+rial+%2Caps%2C336&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_13

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Floridian said:

Also, it doesn't look like they are going to be worth anything if everyone can buy as much as they want.

i have no interest in Iran but cant anyone purchase as much iraqi dinar as they desire as well  just curious about your opinion is all , not making a big deal or anything ... cheers

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, 3n1 said:

i have no interest in Iran but cant anyone purchase as much iraqi dinar as they desire as well  just curious about your opinion is all , not making a big deal or anything ... cheers

Yes, of course anyone can purchase as much Iraqi Dinar as they want.  My thinking is that you might have to be aware of possible revalue (or why would you want it?) and then find a currency exchange that sells it.  Then you pray the exchange is legit i.e. Sterling Currency crooks, that were sanctioned by U.S. Treasury.  Then hope that after you send them your money, they send you the dinar, etc, etc, etc.

They don't sell IQD on Amazon, where anybody in just about any country can buy it as a "souvenir".  Seeing the Iranian Rial on Amazon was quite shocking to me.  That's why I no longer think the rial we at DV hold will be worth anything.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Floridian said:

Yes, of course anyone can purchase as much Iraqi Dinar as they want.  My thinking is that you might have to be aware of possible revalue (or why would you want it?) and then find a currency exchange that sells it.  Then you pray the exchange is legit i.e. Sterling Currency crooks, that were sanctioned by U.S. Treasury.  Then hope that after you send them your money, they send you the dinar, etc, etc, etc.

They don't sell IQD on Amazon, where anybody in just about any country can buy it as a "souvenir".  Seeing the Iranian Rial on Amazon was quite shocking to me.  That's why I no longer think the rial we at DV hold will be worth anything.

you can buy IQD on amazon too. Just like the rial, it's all by private sellers

3 hours ago, Jaygo said:

I’m gonna buy some just (for) kicks!! 😬

In The Ballz ! :o 

As If This Endless Jack Stompin’ Of An Investment Wasn’t Enough ...

:D  :D  :D 

Edited by DinarThug
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Floridian said:

its all good floridian no worries most people that knew when i purchased iqd thought it was foolish and a waste ... and so far they were correct but hey the amount spent with iqd is small compared to other things ive purchased and are of no value to me today and probably in the landfill by now somewhere  .... cheers  friend 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Abolition of currency zeros .. Economic exit or deepening of the wounds?

Abolition of currency zeros .. Economic exit or deepening of the wounds?

26 August 2019 06:58 PM

Direct: Have an economic problem? Does your country's currency suffer a sharp decline? The solution is simple: "The central bank can eliminate zeroes from the currency", but is it really that simple?

Countries often resort to a policy of "zeroing out zeroes" to break a deadlock. Iran was the latest example of such a move, joining others such as Venezuela, Turkey, Argentina and Brazil.

And redenomination  is a process meant to replace the old currency with new ones worth less than the previous amount of discount zeros, for example , when you cancel six zeros from the currency, each million of the old currency will turn into only one category of the new currency , according to the amendment.

What is the goal of governments to delete zeros?

There are various reasons why governments may decide to remove zeros from the currency, but there are five main motives , according to an Iranian study.

These five reasons lie in obtaining international credit, restoring confidence and national identity, controlling the currency market, reducing inflationary pressures, as well as preventing foreign exchange.

Is canceling zeros always an effective step?

This move may only work with macroeconomic stability and a downward trend in inflation as well as a stable exchange rate as the government stops excessive spending and strong confidence in government policies.

But if the government is satisfied with this step without being accompanied by comprehensive economic reforms, the policy of removing the zeros will not only be ineffective, but it will be a failure soon.

Date removed zeros?

There are famous cases in history that reveal the governments of some countries to remove a number of zeros from their local currency.

According to a US study issued by the University of "North Carolina"; there are 70 cases of omission of zeros from currencies since 1960.

Nineteen countries have eliminated zeros in their domestic currencies once, while 10 have resorted to such a move twice.

Argentina has seen the elimination of zeros four times, while the former Yugoslavia (Serbia) to the deletion of five times, and Brazil also got rid of zeroes six times.

Bolivia has decided to get rid of the zeros twice, while Ukraine, Russia and Poland have accepted the measure three times, while Turkey, Korea and Ghana have carried out the move only once.

The most prominent of these cases was Brazil, which suffered an acceleration of inflation to the level of 2000 percent in 1993 and although all attempts to intervene government by removing zeros or changing the name of the currency failed, but that year succeeded in curbing the sharp increase in CPI by eliminating 3 zeros. Of currency.

From 1930 to the early part of the century, Brazil saw the elimination of 18 zeroes in 6 times and the currency was renamed 8 times.

Before the abolition of the local currency and the shift to the euro, Germany was the first to remove zeros from its national currency in the wake of World War I against the backdrop of economic pressure on the country and pushed inflation to high levels.

Given the Netherlands experience , it may be a positive example of the success of the zero-zero policy when it is accompanied by other policies that control liquidity.

The Netherlands suffered unexpected inflation in 1960, prompting the government to issue large-scale banknotes in an effort to meet the daily needs of individuals.

The Dutch government then began tough policies and cut four zeros of paper money in the country, enabling the government to control the amount of money.

Turkey was not an anomaly in this one-off situation, but it was an effective and relatively successful policy testimony by the IMF because of its ability to fight inflation.

After the dollar amounted to 1422 pounds in 1988 and reached more than 5.1 million pounds in 2003, to turn the largest banknotes of currency from the category of 5,000 pounds to one million pounds.

In January 2004, the decision to remove six zeros from the old Turkish lira was passed, with the implementation step postponed until early 2005. New paper and coins called “New Lira” were introduced into the market, with the old one million lira being equal to one new lira .

On January 1, 2009, the word "neo" was removed from the official name of the local currency of Turkey to revert to its former name Turkish Lira.

Zimbabwe was plagued by a runaway inflation crisis that also forced it to remove three zeros from currency in 2003, but the measure, which lasted for a short while, apparently failed as the government took no further steps in controlling inflation.

Nearly six years later, the Zimbabwean government decided to devalue the currency at zero immediately, meaning that 1 trillion Zimbabwean dollars would be equivalent to one Zimbabwean dollar.

As inflation in Zimbabwe worsened in 2008, the government was forced to cancel its currency the following year in exchange for using other foreign currencies, before returning in 2019 to its native currency (Zimbabwe dollar) again.

In an effort to curb hyperinflation, Venezuela occasionally cuts the zenith of its Bolivar currency, and despite signs of slight improvement, the picture remains bleak .

In mid-2019, Caracas announced that it was launching three new denominations of its local currency, 10,000, 20,000 and 50,000 bolivars, following steps to remove the zeros implemented last year.

In August 2018, Venezuela announced the issuance of a new currency to cancel five zeros of the value of its currency in the face of a severe economic crisis in a step of its kind .

What about Iran?

Under strong pressure on the oil-rich country from US sanctions, Iran announced its intention to remove four zeros from the value of its domestic currency, "rial" this year, to be the last country to resort to such a move.

The move, approved by the Iranian government on July 31, comes in an effort to tackle the problem of accelerated inflation against the backdrop of a sharp devaluation of the currency as a result of economic sanctions imposed by Washington following the withdrawal of President Donald Trump from the Iranian nuclear agreement in mid-2018.

The value of the Iranian currency fell from the level of 32 thousand riyals per dollar in 2015 at the signing of the nuclear agreement to the level of 120 thousand riyals per dollar at the present time within the black market (informal).

While according to official figures published on the website of the Central Bank of Iran, the dollar was equivalent to 42 thousand riyals at the time of the decision to cancel the zeros.

The Iranian government also approved the renaming of its currency to "Altoman," the former unit that was in circulation until 1925.

The Iranian people have been using the toman for decades, with a unit of 10 riyals, in a bid to simplify transactions.

According to the International Monetary Fund, Iran's economy could contract by 6 percent this year due to sanctions and growing instability in the Middle East.

This is not the first time that Iran has accepted this step, as it has seen the removal of three and four zeros back to 2007.

What about the advantages and disadvantages of removing zeros?

The issue of removing zeros from the value of the currency has many advantages, including the reduction in the size of banknotes and reduce the costs of issuing and depreciation of those paper money.

The simplification of transactions and the elimination of long queues in banks is one of the most important advantages of this process in addition to strengthening the value of the local currency compared to other currencies.

As for the defects and problems , are the costs of re-issuing banknotes and minting new coins in addition to the risk of capital flight abroad as investors await the results of this step.

Confusion among individuals in the short period of time following this step is an important problem as well as the psychological impact of the sharp decline in the value of salary in addition to the risk of depreciation of exports due to the appreciation of the local currency.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, yota691 said:

26 August 2019 06:58 PM

Direct: Have an economic problem? Does your country's currency suffer a sharp decline? The solution is simple: "The central bank can eliminate zeroes from the currency", but is it really that simple?

Countries often resort to a policy of "zeroing out zeroes" to break a deadlock. Iran was the latest example of such a move, joining others such as Venezuela, Turkey, Argentina and Brazil.

And redenomination  is a process meant to replace the old currency with new ones worth less than the previous amount of discount zeros, for example , when you cancel six zeros from the currency, each million of the old currency will turn into only one category of the new currency , according to the amendment.

What is the goal of governments to delete zeros?

There are various reasons why governments may decide to remove zeros from the currency, but there are five main motives , according to an Iranian study.

These five reasons lie in obtaining international credit, restoring confidence and national identity, controlling the currency market, reducing inflationary pressures, as well as preventing foreign exchange.

Is canceling zeros always an effective step?

This move may only work with macroeconomic stability and a downward trend in inflation as well as a stable exchange rate as the government stops excessive spending and strong confidence in government policies.

But if the government is satisfied with this step without being accompanied by comprehensive economic reforms, the policy of removing the zeros will not only be ineffective, but it will be a failure soon.

Date removed zeros?

There are famous cases in history that reveal the governments of some countries to remove a number of zeros from their local currency.

According to a US study issued by the University of "North Carolina"; there are 70 cases of omission of zeros from currencies since 1960.

Nineteen countries have eliminated zeros in their domestic currencies once, while 10 have resorted to such a move twice.

Argentina has seen the elimination of zeros four times, while the former Yugoslavia (Serbia) to the deletion of five times, and Brazil also got rid of zeroes six times.

Bolivia has decided to get rid of the zeros twice, while Ukraine, Russia and Poland have accepted the measure three times, while Turkey, Korea and Ghana have carried out the move only once.

The most prominent of these cases was Brazil, which suffered an acceleration of inflation to the level of 2000 percent in 1993 and although all attempts to intervene government by removing zeros or changing the name of the currency failed, but that year succeeded in curbing the sharp increase in CPI by eliminating 3 zeros. Of currency.

From 1930 to the early part of the century, Brazil saw the elimination of 18 zeroes in 6 times and the currency was renamed 8 times.

Before the abolition of the local currency and the shift to the euro, Germany was the first to remove zeros from its national currency in the wake of World War I against the backdrop of economic pressure on the country and pushed inflation to high levels.

Given the Netherlands experience , it may be a positive example of the success of the zero-zero policy when it is accompanied by other policies that control liquidity.

The Netherlands suffered unexpected inflation in 1960, prompting the government to issue large-scale banknotes in an effort to meet the daily needs of individuals.

The Dutch government then began tough policies and cut four zeros of paper money in the country, enabling the government to control the amount of money.

Turkey was not an anomaly in this one-off situation, but it was an effective and relatively successful policy testimony by the IMF because of its ability to fight inflation.

After the dollar amounted to 1422 pounds in 1988 and reached more than 5.1 million pounds in 2003, to turn the largest banknotes of currency from the category of 5,000 pounds to one million pounds.

In January 2004, the decision to remove six zeros from the old Turkish lira was passed, with the implementation step postponed until early 2005. New paper and coins called “New Lira” were introduced into the market, with the old one million lira being equal to one new lira .

On January 1, 2009, the word "neo" was removed from the official name of the local currency of Turkey to revert to its former name Turkish Lira.

Zimbabwe was plagued by a runaway inflation crisis that also forced it to remove three zeros from currency in 2003, but the measure, which lasted for a short while, apparently failed as the government took no further steps in controlling inflation.

Nearly six years later, the Zimbabwean government decided to devalue the currency at zero immediately, meaning that 1 trillion Zimbabwean dollars would be equivalent to one Zimbabwean dollar.

As inflation in Zimbabwe worsened in 2008, the government was forced to cancel its currency the following year in exchange for using other foreign currencies, before returning in 2019 to its native currency (Zimbabwe dollar) again.

In an effort to curb hyperinflation, Venezuela occasionally cuts the zenith of its Bolivar currency, and despite signs of slight improvement, the picture remains bleak .

In mid-2019, Caracas announced that it was launching three new denominations of its local currency, 10,000, 20,000 and 50,000 bolivars, following steps to remove the zeros implemented last year.

In August 2018, Venezuela announced the issuance of a new currency to cancel five zeros of the value of its currency in the face of a severe economic crisis in a step of its kind .

What about Iran?

Under strong pressure on the oil-rich country from US sanctions, Iran announced its intention to remove four zeros from the value of its domestic currency, "rial" this year, to be the last country to resort to such a move.

The move, approved by the Iranian government on July 31, comes in an effort to tackle the problem of accelerated inflation against the backdrop of a sharp devaluation of the currency as a result of economic sanctions imposed by Washington following the withdrawal of President Donald Trump from the Iranian nuclear agreement in mid-2018.

The value of the Iranian currency fell from the level of 32 thousand riyals per dollar in 2015 at the signing of the nuclear agreement to the level of 120 thousand riyals per dollar at the present time within the black market (informal).

While according to official figures published on the website of the Central Bank of Iran, the dollar was equivalent to 42 thousand riyals at the time of the decision to cancel the zeros.

The Iranian government also approved the renaming of its currency to "Altoman," the former unit that was in circulation until 1925.

The Iranian people have been using the toman for decades, with a unit of 10 riyals, in a bid to simplify transactions.

According to the International Monetary Fund, Iran's economy could contract by 6 percent this year due to sanctions and growing instability in the Middle East.

This is not the first time that Iran has accepted this step, as it has seen the removal of three and four zeros back to 2007.

What about the advantages and disadvantages of removing zeros?

The issue of removing zeros from the value of the currency has many advantages, including the reduction in the size of banknotes and reduce the costs of issuing and depreciation of those paper money.

The simplification of transactions and the elimination of long queues in banks is one of the most important advantages of this process in addition to strengthening the value of the local currency compared to other currencies.

As for the defects and problems , are the costs of re-issuing banknotes and minting new coins in addition to the risk of capital flight abroad as investors await the results of this step.

Confusion among individuals in the short period of time following this step is an important problem as well as the psychological impact of the sharp decline in the value of salary in addition to the risk of depreciation of exports due to the appreciation of the local currency.

So basically they are describing a LOP in all these other currencies.... if Iraq was gonna do that they’d would’ve done out along time ago.... there is no benefit to them doing that. They have very little inflation and very little debt... hopefully these articles are just to inform the masses that a change is coming but not this change 🤞🏻

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

28 minutes ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

if Iraq was gonna do that they’d would’ve done out along time ago....

Not necessarily.

Lets just continue waiting, we only know for sure when it happens. I know its painful but not too many other choices. 

Kind of like birthdays. I dont like them, but whats the alternative?☹️

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, jg1 said:

Not necessarily.

Lets just continue waiting, we only know for sure when it happens. I know its painful but not too many other choices. 

Kind of like birthdays. I dont like them, but whats the alternative?☹️

I understand what you mean, I’m just looking it like this.... all those other countries have not had has big a war, they’ve had socialism for the most part or dictatorships but not the amount of political infighting of Iraq. Iraq in my opinion is a uniquely situated country that has value to the powers that be. That’s why I think if Iraq was gonna do a value neutral move they could have done it a long time ago. They are too wealthy in natural resources and I believe they were artificially devalued so to speak. We’ll see. Hope we are right. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Iran: $ 5 billion in Iraqi Commercial Bank in favor of electricity and gas debt over the past years

Iran: $ 5 billion in Iraqi Commercial Bank in favor of electricity and gas debt over the past years

Last updated: 27 August 2019 - 12:28 PM

Baghdad is determined to maintain energy and trade relations with Tehran through a plan to deposit several billion US dollars into an account in an Iraqi bank to pay energy imports from Iran, the director of the joint Iranian-Iraqi Chamber of Commerce said on Tuesday.

"The plan will include depositing $ 4 to 5 billion in a special account in the Commercial Bank of Iraq to settle the Iraqi debt to Iran, including those related to the import of electricity and gas over the past years, on the basis of the recent agreement between the two governments," Fars news agency quoted Hosseini as saying. 

Neighbors yen.

"He added that" the authorities of both countries have agreed to use special account to evade US sanctions against Iran and Tehran were allowed to pay for imports of goods that are subject to sanctions through the account as a financial tool. " 

He continued that "this mechanism and unfortunately shocked the administrative bureaucracy," pointing out that "the US bank JPMorgan Chase, which controls the shares in the Commercial Bank of Iraq, is still blocking Iran's access to the account."

He explained that "businessmen and private sector activists do not have Any significant problems in the trade between Iran and Iraq, and that the mechanism of the Commercial Bank of Iraq was expected to accommodate government transactions between the two countries. "

It is noteworthy that" Iran is still the first supplier of natural gas and electricity to Iraq despite increasing pressure from the United States, which seeks to reduce exports, while Baghdad got Several joules It came from exemptions from US sanctions, insisting it had no alternative to replacing energy imports from Iran with Iraqi political and government intent to continue its support for Iran at the expense of Iraq.

link

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

don't get it , Iran cant tolerate america and if truth was known most all iraqis cant either but they sure like the USD would be great to see them drop the usd and use their own currencies and boast about it for awhile ...thats right their own currencies are in the gutter   ...... :eyebrows:

• Upvote 3

LINK

Central Bank of Iran: Our negotiations with Paris continue on the mortgage of oil for $ 15 billion

Central Bank of Iran: Our negotiations with Paris continue on the mortgage of oil for $ 15 billion

2019/8/29 12:26

Iran's central bank governor Abdel Nasser Hemmati said on Thursday that negotiations were continuing with Paris over the intention to provide a $ 15 billion credit line for a mortgage on Iranian oil.

Asked about the French plan to offer a line of credit for Iranian oil mortgage under the European trade mechanism with Iran INSTEX, he said that "negotiations are still going on, and we have to see what happens, and that the money will be provided to Iran as a purchase currency." 

Earlier media reports said French President Emmanuel Macron had proposed a $ 15 billion line of credit to Tehran in return for a mortgage of Iranian oil at the Group of Seven summit.  Iranian oil has been under strict US sanctions for months, with Washington banning companies and countries in the world from buying it in an effort to bring Iranian crude exports to zero and write off income sources to force Iran to renegotiate the nuclear deal.

##########

Iran is negotiating Paris to mortgage its oil for 15 billion dollars 

LINK

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

The US Treasury imposes new sanctions on Iran and its arms

image.php?token=fc88b71f5eb3d8b62bf74e9ca4aa61a4&size=

29-08-2019 10:54 PM

The US Treasury on Thursday imposed new sanctions on Iranian arms from various countries.

The Treasury said through its website, it imposed sanctions on 'facilitators who transfer tens of millions of dollars from the Iranian Qods Force to Hamas'.

It also imposed sanctions on Hezbollah's favorite Jamal Trust, for its dealings with Hezbollah's executive board and the Iran Martyrs Foundation.

link

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

2019/08/30 07:28:12

The volume of liquidity in Iran has more than quadrupled since the beginning of the government of the current Iranian President, Hassan Rouhani, in July 2013, until June, according to the latest data released by the Bank Central Bank of Iran. 
The central bank data, too, that the volume of liquidity in the country currently up to nearly two million billion Iranian toman. According to other statistics, the volume of liquidity in Iran over the past 14 years has risen to 28 times. 
Most of the liquidity in Iran is in the form of “quasi money” (sukuk, credit, and contracts), and does not necessarily include only banknotes held by the people. 
Economists believe that rising liquidity not only increases inflation, but also reflects market distrust, production cuts and economic stagnation.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Here It Is Again With Some Crayons ...

:D  :D  :D 

LINK

Liquidity in Iran has quadrupled since 2013

14.jpg

30th August, 2019

The volume of liquidity in Iran has more than quadrupled since the beginning of the government of the current Iranian President, Hassan Rouhani, in July 2013, until June, according to the latest data released by the Bank Central Bank of Iran. 

The central bank data, too, that the volume of liquidity in the country currently up to nearly two million billion Iranian toman. According to other statistics, the volume of liquidity in Iran over the past 14 years has risen to 28 times. 

Most of the liquidity in Iran is in the form of "quasi money" (sukuk, credit, and contracts), and does not necessarily include only banknotes held by the people. 

Economists believe that rising liquidity not only increases inflation, but also reflects market distrust, production cuts and economic stagnation.

• Upvote 3

• yota691 changed the title to The Iranian Central Bank: We have reached better methods of providing foreign exchange and selling oil