Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

In pictures .. Baghdad in a scene different from what is reported by the media

DWS112

2019-08-18 | 12:07

In a completely different scene from the images the world media used to relocate from a city once described as a city of violence and chaos, and nearly two years after Iraq declared total victory over ISIS, Baghdad is quietly reshaping Dar es Salaam.

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Members of rival motorcyclists in Iraq , dressed in leather and black hats, take part in semi-circles with a dancing party waving bright shiny sticks as they raise their arms covered with tattoos.

ExtImage-3859973-1424431232.jpg

The Mughal Motorcycle Club Circle was one of many circles with a summer festival by Rayut Gear (a concert - a car show) held at a sports stadium in central Baghdad .

ExtImage-1022765-1257927296.jpg

ExtImage-4554632-945723776.jpg

Arshad Hibet, 30, a film director and founder of Riot Gear, which organizes the concerts, says: "Young people are mostly the public. People know their culture. "People have confidence, it means winning people's trust."

ExtImage-8322564-1231651712.jpg

ExtImage-7629150-160301568.jpg

RIOT GEAR has previously held similar concerts in Iraq before, but Friday's concert was the first open to the public.

ExtImage-1030182-74882864.jpg

ExtImage-4692883-1468895360.jpg

The ceremony began with a demonstration of young cars and modified imported motorcycles, and by night the event turned into a dance music.

ExtImage-6024772-1176018176.jpg

ExtImage-945906-1729973248.jpg

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, DWS112 said:
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Members of rival motorcyclists in Iraq , dressed in leather and black hats, take part in semi-circles with a dancing party waving bright shiny sticks as they raise their arms covered with tattoos.

ExtImage-3859973-1424431232.jpg

Interesting...if this is Iraq, and I am not sure it is, I like the T-shirt that the one in the center is wearing. The Stars and Stripes with an eagle on it! I say I am not sure because one of the pics you can see the Jordanian flag 🇯🇴 In the background by the stadium. 

Thanks for for bringing the article @DWS112. Even if half of it is as reported, I take this as showing one thing...stability in everyday life for them. Now, give them purchasing power!

• Upvote 1