Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Go Iraq Part 6

6ly410

39 minutes ago, umbertino said:

Sho nuff...Didn't know you were / are on e of my Paesano...Nice to know....

Where from originally, if I may ask?

I'm in the North ...My Mother -RIP was from Trento ( deep North)...While my Father-RIP was from Messina, Sicily......My father had to move due his job to Trento and he met my Mom and the rest ( myself) is History......

Small world, went from Innsbruck south to ski in Northern Italy, then through Trento and around to get to the San Bernardino Pass.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, umbertino said:

Ok thanks again, Chuck...You're always very kind and cooperative which is greatly appreciated....I love NYC....Visited many times....I went across Jersey  as I was travelling to other destinations a few times but never really stopped there....

I only visited ( while in NYC with a female friend) 2 places in NJ....One being Jersey City and the other one was  F.Sinatra hometown  meaning Hoboken...I only recall that one of the two towns ( it was 1992) we reached by subway leaving from the WTC  / Battery park area....I had no idea it was possible to reach some place in Jersey by subway from NYC.....

Oh...And another time was when we headed for NJ  by bus only to get to a place in order to take a boat and go to  visit the super-interesting Ellis Island and then on to Bedloe Island ( Liberty statue)...We then got back ny bus  and reached Port Authority.....That's all my NJ experience.....So far

Been there many of times. Had lunch by the water, looking into the city. I live about 50 k from there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, umbertino said:

It's a known fact that Mauers (? Sorry If I unintentionally misspelled that...Meaning Maui inhabitants / residents)  keep on Mauing ( supposedly something beautiful...sun-bathing, swimming, eating local delicious food  etc)

Maybe have a guessing game to try to match the person to their real identity 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This 

Copied from Butifldrm and Zulu

It was worth bring here, since we are the "Hot Thread"

GET PUMPED

From Butifldrm

"Parliamentary Finance intends to reintroduce the coin ... Another proposal to delete the zeros"

Parliamentary Finance: Directed to re-work the coin and delete the zeros from the paper currency

By Rudaw 19 hours ago
Iraqi coins that were in place in the past
Iraqi coins that were in place in the past

Rudaw - Erbil  

announced the parliamentary Finance Committee in the Iraqi parliament, on the trend to re-work in the currency and delete zeros from banknotes, in order to strengthen the economy. 

"During meetings and discussions with Central Bank officials, we stressed the need to re-operate the coins that were used in Iraq during the past decades, rather than paper that is damaged and printed in large quantities again," committee member Hanin al-Qadu told the official Al-Sabah newspaper. 

He continued that "the use of metal categories and their descent for circulation gives a notional value of the currency," saying that "a number of neighboring countries - exchange rates are very high against the dollar - and yet we find that it has a coin in order to preserve the currency and not need to ask for more banknotes, especially With small categories. "

He pointed to the surprise of the policy of the Central Bank, which does not favor the introduction of coins for circulation in the Iraqi market. 

Ahmed al-Saffar, a member of the committee, said, "The cost of a coin is more than paper money, and it is more difficult to carry it on the citizen." 

He pointed out that "inflation in the economy prevents the minting of coins and make them circulate among citizens," suggesting that "there is a step to delete the zeros preceding the coinage process to be a value for small groups to large." 

The Committee on Economy and Investment in the Iraqi Council of Representatives, revealed in 2014 that the Central Bank completed its preparations for the issuance of coins of seven small categories gradually in a project that takes between four to five years to complete.

The Iraqi currency was abolished in 1991 when the international economic embargo on the country increased the rate of inflation in Iraq by 1000%, and the situation under the economic siege resulted in a large and continuous rise in prices, which destroyed the value of the Iraqi currency and reaching a very low exchange rate, which made Coin and few currency denominations without value. 

It is noteworthy that the Iraqi dinar, which was equal to 3.22 dollars before Iraqs invasion of Kuwait in 1990, its value fell to one dollar equivalent to three thousand dinars by 1996, and the value of the exchange rate of the Iraqi currency significantly after 2003, but returned to stability at about 1200 dinars Per dollar.

https://www.rudaw.net/arabic/business/19082019

Zul

On 8/19/2019 at 9:53 PM,  Butifldrm said:So.......they have had meetings and discussions with CBI.

On 8/19/2019 at 9:53 PM,  Butifldrm said: 

number of neighboring countries - exchange rates are very high against the dollar

This must be their aspirations ~ to have exchange rate higher than USD.

suggesting that "there is a step to delete the zeros preceding the coinage process to be a value for small groups to large.

We know this.....

inflation in the economy prevents the minting of coins and make them circulate among citizens

Yep.....but not anymore. Inflations is at all time low now....

revealed in 2014 that the Central Bank completed its preparations for the issuance of coins of seven small categories

There were ready then, they sure are ready now...

It is noteworthy that the Iraqi dinar, which was equal to 3.22 dollars

Why tell us this if that's not the direction.

announced the parliamentary Finance Committee in the Iraqi parliament

This announcement comes from Finance Committee......~ i think this is part of the process to give notice to the public of what's coming ('suddenly').

Thru previous & various articles, the public have been educated and have been made aware of the project to delete the zeros.

Now is the time (justifications) to reintroduce the coins.

Great timing. FML gazetted, draft budget discussions (in parliament) in Sept, reconstructions agreements signed......new CBI governor. Alaq going to AMF in Sept......and so many other positivities.

Footnotes: The dinar we hold was introduced (officially) on Oct.15, 2003, fully implemented Jan 2004.

All jmo......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 11

9 hours ago, FROSTYJACK said:

That about sums up my reaction. 

Only now I have another stack of Monopoly money that is worthless now but could be worth something.................Soon. 😎

Go Iraq!

(sorry I won’t  say go Iran )

Go Bros!

Go Thug!

Go Rv!

Go to all the good spirited and positive 

vibes being posted. 

And ( even if I hate them big time)..." Go, PTB" ......as they are undeniably still the ones deciding important / very important / most important stuff esp  when it comes to World Economics....Like it or not...

Anybody volunteering for entering the next Bilderberg meeting ( somehow made-up)? I'd propose DT...Or whoever........You decide......

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, FROSTYJACK said:

Thanks bro you made my day. A little while back I got a fortune cookie that read

” you will receive treasure from an unexpected source“. Well I sure didn’t expect this 😎 I sure hope you’re right. 

IRS audit interview?????  J/K

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, wealthhound said:

Hey CF, I'm originally from Long Island! Previous neighbors!!

Never been to LI....Only know some of it through movies ( the rich & famous Hamptons) and the city of Passaqua as it appeared in the movie " Born on the 4th of July" starring T.Cruise and directed by Oliver Stone ( true story of  Vietnam Vet Ron Kovic who then became a totally anti-war activist)

3 hours ago, umbertino said:

Sho nuff...Didn't know you were / are on e of my Paesano...Nice to know....

Where from originally, if I may ask?

I'm in the North ...My Mother -RIP was from Trento ( deep North)...While my Father-RIP was from Messina, Sicily......My father had to move due his job to Trento and he met my Mom and the rest ( myself) is History......

I was born in the States, but my Mother and all 4 grandparents were from Sicily.  I used to speak Italian (or should I say Sicilian, LOL) fluently, but now I'm out-of-practice, as there is no one left in the family who speaks Italian.  😊

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Floridian said:

I was born in the States, but my Mother and all 4 grandparents were from Sicily.  I used to speak Italian (or should I say Sicilian, LOL) fluently, but now I'm out-of-practice, as there is no one left in the family who speaks Italian.  😊

You need to get your 2nd citizenships from Italy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

Small world, went from Innsbruck south to ski in Northern Italy, then through Trento and around to get to the San Bernardino Pass.

Wow....So you know ( or at least passed through) my hometown! And also beautiful Innsbruck, Austria  which is pretty close ....Yes Brenner Pass is the border point between Italy and Austria.....

It's indeed a small world after all!!!!!

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, umbertino said:

Wow....So you know ( or at least passed through) my hometown! And also beautiful Innsbruck, Austria  which is pretty close ....Yes Brenner Pass is the border point between Italy and Austria.....

It's indeed a small world after all!!!!!

for sure.  :twothumbs:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2