Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Go Iraq Part 6

6ly410

23 minutes ago, Slave2Spartacus said:

16 years and counting..Hopefully.

d94d9b9974 (1).jpg

Some Folks ( in History) died  while hoping ( likely even in this Iraqi Dinar adventure, many , not DV members or maybe even some of our Members), died since the beginning of this adventure ( 2003, right?)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

GREAT NEWS!!!!  I just got some clarification about having to use "so and so".  Actually, Navira, it seems you ARE allowed to use that guru's initials after all.  Of course, now I forget what those initials are.....  but anyway, here's my suggestion.  As I recall, so and so guru had been saying July, but then bumped it to September and we pretty much stopped following him.  But now that we're approaching September, I think it'd be great if you - or anyone - would start bringing over the pertinent parts of what he/she is saying these days.  I do love me some hopium - and I know most others here do too!  

On 8/22/2019 at 11:28 AM, TexasGranny said:
  On 8/22/2019 at 10:58 AM, KristiD said:

So I will assume that TGs request for this has been handled then.  Please let me know if you need anything else from me.  Otherwise, I'll wait for the clarification about having to use "so and so" now.  btw, other members are confused about this as well, along with new readers of the thread who also ask about it.

Here is your clarification:  DO NOT USE THE NAME.  Use of the name constitutes promotion of another dinar site which is against the rules. You can call him/her whatever you wish so long as you do not use the name of his "youtube channel, website, promo's" .

Read more  

THANK YOU!!!  So then we can use the guru's initials after all.  Apparently, somehow people came to think they were not allowed to do that.  But your explanation makes it clear that it's not a problem.  And what you said makes total sense, now that I think about.  Using the youtuber's full name is pretty much the same as posting a link.  While posting 2 intials is not. 

Again, thank you for explaining this so that we can finally put this issue to rest.  I will copy this over to the Go Iraq thread so everyone else can see the answer to this repeatedly asked question.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, FROSTYJACK said:

Help me out Bro. Trying to wrap my head around this. I hold 100,000 Rial notes. Are you saying that each of these notes will be worth $23,800 US ( absolutely not a lop) "soon" 

Take next flight to beautiful downtown Tehran......

Someone said Iranian Ladies are the most beautiful in the world...Don't know ....Never visited....But met some Iranian (female) students while in Bloomington, IN for my volunteer year and I used to get to I.U. Campus ( largest in Indiana) a lot and participate in various activities....Political discussions, organizing things,  rallies, etc...I was in 2 political groups , I recall......

My pic came out  as a matter of fact in the local paper  frontpage ( among a lot of other folks of course) as I / we were participating in a rally about something ( do not even recall what that was....It's been about 38 years back...I was 24)

It's true most of them ( Iranian Ladies/ students) as far as I remember, were absolutely beautiful.....That was in 1980 / 81...The Islamic Revolution had just begun....Those were super-western in their way of acting ( in a good way, I mean)...Just saying....Memories....

19 minutes ago, umbertino said:

Take next flight to beautiful downtown Tehran......

Someone said Iranian Ladies are the most beautiful in the world...Don't know ....Never visited....But met some Iranian (female) students while in Bloomington, IN for my volunteer year and I used to get to I.U. Campus ( largest in Indiana) a lot and participate in various activities....Political discussions, organizing things,  rallies, etc...I was in 2 political groups , I recall......

My pic came out  as a matter of fact in the local paper  frontpage ( among a lot of other folks of course) as I / we were participating in a rally about something ( do not even recall what that was....It's been about 38 years back...I was 24)

It's true most of them ( Iranian Ladies/ students) as far as I remember, were absolutely beautiful.....That was in 1980 / 81...The Islamic Revolution had just begun....Those were super-western in their way of acting ( in a good way, I mean)...Just saying....Memories....

Thanks Umbertino.  Not quite the response I was looking for. But it was a nice walk down memory lane. I think all women are beautiful.  But  some are uniquely beautiful to their ethnicity.  So back to my original question. If I do fly into downtown Tehran. Will I be taken hostage and be headed a rich man? Inquiring minds want to know. 😎

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

Is it just me, but this site has been down a few times during the day for maintenance and it has been tough to get to at times. 

Not for me....Never so far in these last days......But I am in Italy

End Quote

Sorry about that, Chuck...My mistake....I recall now there was  a problem with this site maybe 4/5/6 days ago which was solved real fast ( a matter of minutes) ...Then, no problems anymore.....

I was so upset since I had just finished writing one of what I did deem one of my best posts ever  but when it was time to push button and post it, it said site was having works being done...So I lost everything...And what's worse is that I also forgot what it was about and in which thread.....You gain nothing in gettin' old....Sad but true....

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FROSTYJACK said:

Thanks Umbertino.  Not quite the response I was looking for. But it was a nice walk down memory lane. I think all women are beautiful.  But  some are uniquely beautiful to their ethnicity.  So back to my original question. If I do fly into downtown Tehran. Will I be taken hostage and be headed a rich man? Inquiring minds want to know. 😎

Sorry...I was just kidding some....But in a good spirit.....

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, FROSTYJACK said:

All good. Just messing around. And having fun waiting. 😎

About the rest of your post...I do agree on the women part....Of course....

I have ( except one only time) always been ( for love or adventures as it happens esp when you're young)  with women of diff. ethnicity ( specifically and mainly ebony / black.... and also Asian but mostly Ebony...2 of those I married...Meaning I'm a serious kind of guy...Right now I'm madly in love with a Ebony Lady from Brazil...Don't know if I'm g oing to marry again for the 3rd time...We'll see)

I have been with a white italian lady only once when I was around  26 and I wasn't that convinced ( likely she thought same about me) at all...It's a matter of personal taste....

Ok...Now....About your safety in Tehran...I couldn't say as I have never visited as I wrote in my previous post...But I'm pretty sure the place is in general very safe due the massive presence of Police and of Revolution Guards almost everywhere...As long as you won't look like an American spy trying to photograph military facilities there..I think you'll be super-fine.....Some friends of mine who visited there were simply enthusiastic about the place.

One of the interesting facts about Iran is that the Country is in the first postions in the world as per internet usage.......Which somehow surprised me ......

Do you speak some Farsi? But anyway most of them ( at least in big cities) speak English...So I was told....

Edited by umbertino

I do not read Karsten posts so I don't know the context of the issue

End Quote

I feel the need to explain this thing ( as many or most are un-aware of that...) I wrote above, possibly precisely and of course well-manneredly and I sincerely hope all can go back to what used to be before ( only takes a click) until recently

My reason a few days ago  which led me to block Karsten  whom in general I like  as a Person even though we have different political ideas  but then I do that also with PP or Shedagal and others on this Forum ( most , let's say...) and that never interfered to have a good and civil online relationship with them..Sometimes with some it did, yes...But with many it did not interfere, which is the way it should be...Respecting ( even when  legimately not sharing) each other views...It's not mandatory to agree or to read, as we all know....

Ok...The reason for me taking that decision to block  her  ( which is never nice to do and leaves me a sort of bitterness inside, actually...I do admit it...)  is because once while I was posting back and forth with someone else or more than just one but not directly with her  ( don't even recall  the issue, quite frankly...It's not important now...) on one of the threads in the political section, I most likely said something to someone that somehow got her  ( badly) and her response to me was  ( I try to remember the main meaning...it's not verbatim, mind you)  " Umbertino, just take care of the music and leave Politics alone" or something like that....Which  quite honestly I didn't like at all ( I'm sincere)...so I replied to her and then ( rightly or wrongly on my part) following the impulse of the moment dictated by rage I felt,  due to that kind of reply I got, I decided to block her....

But I'm ready to un-block her....

I have the feeling Karsten ( whose posts I have often appreciated on various issues, music included but not only ...We both already know we can't get along politically, which is ok...)  couldn't care less if I have her blocked or not...But I think I'm going to un-block her anyway as I don't like this feeling

Ok...Done

Peace out all ( left, right, center)

Edited by umbertino
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, navira said:

Yes FJ, cheers bro

23 hours ago,  FROSTYJACK said: 

Help me out Bro. Trying to wrap my head around this. I hold 100,000 Rial notes. Are you saying that each of these notes will be worth $23,800 US ( absolutely not a lop) "soon" 

Navira, are you sure about this?  It sounds way too good to be true.  I'll keep watching this section, but I dunno.

Is it really possible that this stupid thing that I bought on a whim is gonna come in before the Dinar, that I've waited 10 years for?

So hard to believe that the Iranians, who are always yelling "Death to America" would let us profit from their currency.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Floridian said:

23 hours ago,  FROSTYJACK said: 

Navira, are you sure about this?  It sounds way too good to be true.  I'll keep watching this section, but I dunno.

Is it really possible that this stupid thing that I bought on a whim is gonna come in before the Dinar, that I've waited 10 years for?

So hard to believe that the Iranians, who are always yelling "Death to America" would let us profit from their currency.

We will just have to find out after the parliament approves the bill...Cheers bro

• Thanks 1

Games 2021

2019-08-23 | 16:20
Officially .. Iraq hosts the Arab Games 2021

Iraq will host the 13th Arab Games in 2021, Minister of Youth and Sports Ahmed Riyad said Monday.

"After several meetings and dialogues, we were able to host Iraq, for the first time in its history, the 13th Arab Games 2021, which was to be held in Beirut, " the minister said on his official Facebook page .

• Thanks 3