Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Go Iraq Part 6

6ly410

4 hours ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

I’ve always thought that Italian was the most beautiful language to hear spoken! Maybe one day I’ll learn to speak some of it. 🇮🇹 

3 hours ago, umbertino said:

Thank you, Half Crazy Runner...You're very kind....

I'm sure you'll learn it easily!

Sorry...Still out of pluses....

I would have to agree. If there was one language I would like to learn it would be Italian I would have to go there and find a place no one spoke English and with 3 to 6 months I would be pretty good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

I would have to agree. If there was one language I would like to learn it would be Italian I would have to go there and find a place no one spoke English and with 3 to 6 months I would be pretty good. 

I am learning Spanish and even though I have gotten much better with it, I'd like to live in Spain for 3 months (and learn Castilian Spanish) and then live in Columbia for another 3 months.

Btw, Burn Notice was one of my favorite shows for awhile. But I never finished it completely.

Edited by Master Oogway
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, wealthhound said:

Reading this thread is killin' me!

I got to thinking about when we meet in person it is going to be hilarious to see who is behind the Avatar used here!!

Do you think we'll need name tags??

What a hoot that will be to see who the " real you" is....WH

At the rate Iraq is spinning this out I will be too old to go anywhere.. soon it will be “look out for that old girl with the “Zimmer frame”..lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 64jaguar said:

Been working on getting my second passport from Italy, My Dads parents are both from Barano d'ischia, I've actually found both of my Grandparents in the local birth records. I have copies of course, but I think I'll need an extract of the originals. I also have an appointment at the Consolato Generale d'italia, New York,  end of September and they are hard to secure. Unfortunately that's not enough time to get originals from Barano d'ischia but I'll give it a try anyways... Ciao

Interesting, 64jaguar and thanks for sharing...I've been   to the isle of Ischia many years ago and I loved it.......

Great!...Yes...It's surely worth it to give it a try!

2 hours ago, chris2028 said:

@umbertino you sound like the kind of guy I would be honored to hang out with and converse with over a good cup of coffee. You have an abundance of knowledge on world cultures and some great stories to share. Thanks for your contributions to this forum!

Thanks for your kindness, chris 2028...

Sure it'd be great to have a talk over a cup of coffe or anything you like ( other than coffee)

Best

1 hour ago, ChuckFinley said:

Most likely so, Chuck, as you sound definitely as a (very) smart kind of guy......

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Master Oogway said:

I am learning Spanish and even though I have gotten much better with it, I'd like to live in Spain for 3 months (and learn Castilian Spanish) and then live in Columbia for another 3 months.

Btw, Burn Notice was one of my favorite shows for awhile. But I never finished it completely.

Spain is beautiful and I highly recommend it....Also very safe ( in general at least)

About Colombia...I've never visited....Was told it's beautiful but with lots of violence ( street violence and such) going on...So, if you go there, please be careful....

Beautiful ladies there too, I was told...Many Italians got married with Colombian Women infact.......

Edited by umbertino

I loved the first 2 seasons and then let it go. James Spader is one of my faves, especially in Boston Legal.

James Spader is indeed a good actor....I liked all movies I saw starring  him.......Esp the one with Rob Lowe ( where Rob was the bad guy...can't recall title)  ...And many others

22 minutes ago, umbertino said:

James Spader is indeed a good actor....I liked all movies I saw starring  him.......Esp the one with Rob Lowe ( where Rob was the bad guy...can't recall title)  ...And many others

You're talking about Bad Influence.  Lowe was the bad guy but iI he see that,  I don't think. 

This is from 6ly410 on a different thread

KRG to join Iraq's foreign representation in meetings abroad: Kurdish lawmaker

2 hours ago

https://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/e32118a8-9226-4b36-9e3d-af5790f79be0

KRG to join Iraq's foreign representation in meetings abroad: Kurdish lawmaker
The Iraqi and Kurdistan Region flag fly side by side in the disputed province of Kirkuk. (Photo: Philipp Breu)

Kurdistan Iraq KRG DFR Baghdad 
A+AA-

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) – Erbil and Baghdad have reached an agreement for the Kurdistan Region to have official representation alongside Iraq in international diplomatic conferences and convoys, a Kurdish lawmaker said on Saturday. 

The Kurdistan Region’s Department of Foreign Relations (DFR) announced an agreement on Saturday between the Kurdistan Region Government (KRG) and the Federal Government of Iraq which would allow the DFR to join the Iraqi Ministry of Foreign Affairs in diplomatic meetings abroad.

Dana Jaza, a Kurdish parliamentarian in Iraq who serves as a member of Iraq’s foreign relations committee, noted that Iraq has participated in international meetings in the past without Kurdish representation.

“That is why our priority was to establish that presence,” he told local media. “Now, both Baghdad and Erbil have agreed on the Kurdish representation in any official foreign meeting.”

Jaza described the move as “a crucial one” because it would “enable the Kurdistan Region to establish stronger bases for ties with other countries, especially economically and politically.”       

Barzan Jawher, an international relations expert, told Kurdistan 24 the agreement would include the autonomous Kurdish region in international agreements between Iraq and foreign countries.

The KRG established its foreign relations department in 2006 to foster and improve ties with the international community in accordance with the region’s legislation and the Iraqi Constitution.

There are currently about 40 consulates or other foreign representative offices in the autonomous Kurdish region.

The KRG, meanwhile, has diplomatic missions in 14 countries across the world, including all five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council: the United States, the United Kingdom, China, Russia, and France.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:44 PM, umbertino said:

Some Folks ( in History) died  while hoping ( likely even in this Iraqi Dinar adventure, many , not DV members or maybe even some of our Members), died since the beginning of this adventure ( 2003, right?)

Right.

I have lost Family Friends and Pets since I became embroiled in this bag of snakes.

But the thing that keeps me going was One day not long after purchasing my first Iraq Dinar lottery tickets  I took this close up photo of the licence plate on the tractor on the 25K NOTE.

I immediately seen the word WIN contained within the lowest rung of the Elites pyramid  and knew this was a winner. I had already seen the Plan for Iraq  and knew this was a  Looooong Term Punt.

Now despite everything here I \We\You are.

Some thought the Image was as Super Secrete Code ..

I now think they\I was right.

d94d9b9974 (1).jpg

• Upvote 2

You're talking about Bad Influence.  Lowe was the bad guy but iI he see that,  I don't think. 

Sorry ..I did not get your 2nd paragraph when you wrote "Lowe was the bad guy but iI he see that,  I don't think. "

You mean that in that movie  Rob's character didn't realize he was acting as a bad guy?

Edited by umbertino

6 minutes ago, Slave2Spartacus said:

Right.

I have lost Family Friends and Pets since I became embroiled in this bag of snakes.

But the thing that keeps me going was One day not long after purchasing my first Iraq Dinar lottery tickets  I took this close up photo of the licence plate on the tractor on the 25K NOTE.

I immediately seen the word WIN contained within the lowest rung of the Elites pyramid  and knew this was a winner. I had already seen the Plan for Iraq  and knew this was a  Looooong Term Punt.

Now despite everything here I \We\You are.

Some thought the Image was as Super Secrete Code ..

I now think they\I was right.

d94d9b9974 (1).jpg

Sorry to hear about your losses, Slave2Spartacus ( quite a nick-name, that's for sure.....)

Wish you all the best

1 hour ago, umbertino said:

Sorry ..I did not get your 2nd paragraph when you wrote "Lowe was the bad guy but iI he see that,  I don't think. "

You mean that in that movie  Rob's character didn't realize he was acting as a bad guy?

Sorry,  it was a typo.  I meant to type,  but I didn't see it,  I don't think.