Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump Executive Order Ending Social Media Censorship Has Tech Companies Furious

15 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Read the title. He issued an EO ENDING censorship. The tech giants are the ones manipulating information and restricting 

ideas and speech based on political ideology. Open to one, open to all. 

Wrong he is trying to tell them what or what not they can print or post... Sorry, but if I own a newspaper or media site, I have the right to choose what I release. No one should be able to tell me I have to put out conspiracy theories and lies perpetrated by some political hack. There is Twitter and Facebook for that. I talking news media... Not social media.

B/A

Edited by bostonangler
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Wrong he is trying to tell them what or what not they can print or post... Sorry, but if I own a newspaper or media site, I have the right to choose what I release. No one should be able to tell me I have to put out conspiracy theories and lies perpetrated by some political hack. There is Twitter and Facebook for that. I talking news media... Not social media.

B/A

Wrong. It is Facebook and Google who censor information based on political ideology. News papers aren't tech giants. You open your platform to one you open it to all.

You might restrict or have certain guidelines but you can't restrict one political without restricting the other.

Shabs the cake thing was based on a religious conviction not political. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Wrong. It is Facebook and Google who censor information based on political ideology. News papers aren't tech giants. You open your platform to one you open it to all.

You might restrict or have certain guidelines but you can't restrict one political without restricting the other.

Shabs the cake thing was based on a religious conviction not political. 

You can restrict what you consider B.S. Conspiracy, Blatant Lies and anything else you think is coming from whack jobs. Half the stuff I see posted here from Twitter, etc., are lies, conspiracies and hate... If I owned one of those, there is no way I would allow half the tweets I see posted here.... As you know, I personally think social media is a cesspool. I also think the news media, google or whoever have the right to as a company to decide how they run their business... If people want to read left or right leaning crap there are plenty of places to find it. I don't think the government needs to tell FOX News or it's tech giant owner they have to run positive democrat stories if they don't want to. Just like I don't think the government should tell NBC or their owners tech giant Comcast they have to run positive republican stories. If you want opinion pieces you can find them... 

News is news... Facts...

Everything else is opinion... That is the problem, people now take opinion for news. I guess they don't have the discipline or desire to see the difference.

B/A

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

I am  not going to go down your rabbit hole.

The whole point to the E.O. is that if you are going to censor one group for their perceived hate and decisiveness then you have to do it for all groups.

There are plenty of  conspiracies on both side of the political spectrum.

And again, he is not talking about newspapers or t.v.

That does not sound like censorship to me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

I am  not going to go down your rabbit hole.

The whole point to the E.O. is that if you are going to censor one group for their perceived hate and decisiveness then you have to do it for all groups.

There are plenty of  conspiracies on both side of the political spectrum.

And again, he is not talking about newspapers or t.v.

That does not sound like censorship to me.

If you were suddenly told you have to post positive things about the left, and you have to post bad things about Trump you are okay with that? I don't think many people would be happy being told by the government they have to do whatever the government says... Social media is not some government program. If you are google or whatever you should have the right to accept or deny whoever you want according to what benefits your profit/share price as a corporation. If they think allowing stupid conspiracy, lies and other crap that most people don't want to see or read is bad for business, they have the right to say no. They spend billions on research and know what the masses are interested in seeing. If this year the majority don't want to see Trump stuff their research directs them to fill their space with something else. If sometime in the future, the majority wants to read about Trump, they will quickly adapt.

It just so happens right now data points to most people aren't interested in the right's message. They don't want to hear it or see it or whatever. Unlike our election process it appears the majority does matter to corporate profits.

JMHO

B/A

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

If you were suddenly told you have to post positive things about the left, and you have to post bad things about Trump you are okay with that? I don't think many people would be happy being told by the government they have to do whatever the government says... Social media is not some government program. If you are google or whatever you should have the right to accept or deny whoever you want according to what benefits your profit/share price as a corporation. If they think allowing stupid conspiracy, lies and other crap that most people don't want to see or read is bad for business, they have the right to say no. They spend billions on research and know what the masses are interested in seeing. If this year the majority don't want to see Trump stuff their research directs them to fill their space with something else. If sometime in the future, the majority wants to read about Trump, they will quickly adapt.

It just so happens right now data points to most people aren't interested in the right's message. They don't want to hear it or see it or whatever. Unlike our election process it appears the majority does matter to corporate profits.

JMHO

B/A

You are still not getting it. The whole crux of the problem is that the tech giants are molding the public opinion by not allowing the other view to be presented. 

When I google a subject and the first page is nothing but negative results that is google swaying the opinion of people by not giving a fair shot at both sides.

If they are going to play sides they need to tell people up front their political views so people know their search is tainted. When I go on AOL for mail I know

upfront they are biased against Conservatives. 

I am done discussing with you. You insist on going off on a tangent and won't stay on point. 

The entire point is Trump wants the tech giants to be fair and equal in what is allowed to be posted. He is not telling them what not to post or what to post, just be equal. 

• Upvote 2

Everything else is opinion... That is the problem, people now take opinion for news. I guess they don't have the discipline or desire to see the difference.

End Quote

Agreed B/A......And obviously politicians and PTB love that madly....All over the world....Certainly here in my Country esp in this last  ( at least 1 yr long) period.....

The whole concept is too good ( for them) to let it go....

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

The entire point is Trump wants the tech giants

That may be the biggest issue of all... Tech giants are multi-nationals and they don't care who wins or loses as long as they profit. So just wait until the left falls out of favor and the right has the majority and they will change their evil ways...

B/A