Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Crazy Saturn Facts

bostonangler

2 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

What happens when something gets further and further away from you?

So are you saying in the old days the people could see the hexagon on the bottom of the planet? That's why I thought this was interesting. The ancients knew things that they didn't have a way of seeing and therefore knowing.... Crazy stuff. It was also interesting that the color black played such a huge role in their beliefs and how it has been applied to our world today.

B/A

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

So are you saying in the old days the people could see the hexagon on the bottom of the planet? That's why I thought this was interesting. The ancients knew things that they didn't have a way of seeing and therefore knowing.... Crazy stuff. It was also interesting that the color black played such a huge role in their beliefs and how it has been applied to our world today.

B/A

I'm saying things get smaller the further they are from you. And that it's my belief that at 78 million miles Saturn would not be visible either with the naked eye or a Nikon  P900. 

To answer your points above all I can say is never underestimate the demonic realm in which we all swim. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I'm saying things get smaller the further they are from you. And that it's my belief that at 78 million miles Saturn would not be visible either with the naked eye or a Nikon  P900. 

To answer your points above all I can say is never underestimate the demonic realm in which we all swim. 

Ok....I only recall having read in a far past ( years and years back) that the farther  you  are from planet Earth (in an hypothetical technological future) you'd have the chance, let's say,  due to the distance  and to the light / space / distance ratio ( I'm no scientist and I don't know how to explain this in perfect scientific terms...sorry) to see, for instance how was life on planet Earth ie.in ancient Rome which means  2,000 years ago or even more....Something I always deemed stunning , which  I'd love to check myself...But it's not possible...At least not now and for the next  probably 500 years ...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, umbertino said:

Ok....I only recall having read in a far past ( years and years back) that the farther  you  are from planet Earth (in an hypothetical technological future) you'd have the chance, let's say,  due to the distance  and to the light / space / distance ratio ( I'm no scientist and I don't know how to explain this in perfect scientific terms...sorry) to see, for instance how was life on planet Earth ie.in ancient Rome which means  2,000 years ago or even more....Something I always deemed stunning , which  I'd love to check myself...But it's not possible...At least not now and for the next  probably 500 years ...

I get what you are saying... The things we see from space today happened millennial ago...

B/A

21 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

I get what you are saying... The things we see from space today happened millennial ago...

B/A

Yep...That's what I got in layman terms....Among the elements  I mentioned above ( light / space / distance ratio ) I forgot time ( which becomes somehow different as you distance yourself more and more from Earth ( we talk huge distances ....millions or even billions of miles....or even light-years)

Edited by umbertino

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

So you think it is closer than that?

B/A

MUCH CLOSER 

1 hour ago, umbertino said:

This so called Scientific equation only works with objects that are Billions and trillions of miles away from the earth. At 78 million miles you would NOT be looking millions of years ago. It simply doesn't add up. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

MUCH CLOSER 

This so called Scientific equation only works with objects that are Billions and trillions of miles away from the earth. At 78 million miles you would NOT be looking millions of years ago. It simply doesn't add up. 

Ok....Likely not millions but 1,000 of years back maybe.....Don't know really......As I said I watched that doc a long time ago.....

https://www.quora.com/Theoretically-if-you-were-on-a-planet-100-million-light-years-away-from-earth-and-looked-back-at-earth-would-we-see-dinosaurs

https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/11940/if-you-view-the-earth-from-far-enough-away-can-you-observe-its-past

https://www.universetoday.com/119226/how-far-back-are-we-looking-in-time/

Edited by umbertino
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, umbertino said:

So using this equation, and wanting to keep your 'thousand years ' model for simplicity then Jupiter which is roughly 365 million miles from earth means we're seeing Jupiter say 500 or so years ago when we see it in the night sky. 

Yet in 1994 so called Scientists claimed to have video taped a comet striking Jupiter as it happened.  How is this possible if we're only seeing Jupiter through the reflection of time? 

Here's the video 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

When the two planets are at their closest point, the distance to Jupiter is only 365 million miles (588 million kilometers). From its closest point, Jupiter shines so brightly that even Venus dims in comparison. At its farthest, the gas giant lies 601 million miles (968 million km) away.Jun 1, 2017

How Far Away is Jupiter? | Space

AreaData Transfer RateDigital StorageEnergyFrequencyFuel EconomyLengthMassPlane AnglePressureSpeedTemperatureTimeVolume 
 Speed of lightMiles per hourFoot per secondMeter per secondKilometer per hourKnot 

=

Speed of lightMiles per hourFoot per secondMeter per secondKilometer per hourKnot 
Formula
for an approximate result, multiply the speed value by 6.706e+8

601,000,000 miles / 670,600,000 (miles/hour) = 0.896212 hour or 53.77274 minutes
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

So using this equation, and wanting to keep your 'thousand years ' model for simplicity then Jupiter which is roughly 365 million miles from earth means we're seeing Jupiter say 500 or so years ago when we see it in the night sky. 

Yet in 1994 so called Scientists claimed to have video taped a comet striking Jupiter as it happened.  How is this possible if we're only seeing Jupiter through the reflection of time? 

Here's the video 

I sincerely do not know.....But I was talking  ( maybe it's the same thing, the same concept) of going so far away from Planet Earth ( bilions of miles or light-years) in order to see what happened on Earth thousands or more  of years ago

I do not have the technical knowledge of that to be able to explain myself better  but I added a few links in one of my above posts