Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Mass Shooting at an EL Paso Wal Mart

Pitcher

Trump condemns 'racism, bigotry and white supremacy' after mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton

Dylan Stableford,Yahoo News 55 minutes ago 

7f1ebd60-b792-11e9-bffb-a367336e049c
Scroll back up to restore default view.

In his first formal statement on the deadly mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, over the weekend, President Trump on Monday condemned the "evil" and "wicked" attacks that killed 29 people and injured more than 50 others. The president also condemned "racism, bigotry and white supremacy" while blaming the internet, video games and "mental illness" for the massacres.

"These barbaric slaughters are an assault upon our communities, an attack on our nation and a crime against all of humanity," Trump said from the Diplomatic Room of the White House. "We are outraged and sickened by this monstrous evil. The cruelty, the hatred, the malice, the bloodshed and the terror."

On Saturday morning, a gunman killed 20 people and injured more than two dozen others at a Walmart in El Paso. Just 13 hours later, another gunman killed nine people and wounded dozens more in downtown Dayton. Officials have not conclusively determined the motives behind the attacks. The El Paso shooting is being investigated as a possible hate crime. An anti-immigrant “manifesto” has been connected to the shooter. And authorities said Saturday that the suspect had told them he wanted to shoot as many Mexicans as possible.

Trump cited the “racist hate” in the manifesto, but didn't acknowledge his own anti-immigration rhetoric that it mimicked.

"The shooter in El Paso posted a manifesto online consumed by racist hate," Trump said. "In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry and white supremacy. These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America. Hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart and devours the soul.”

President Trump speaks about the mass shootings in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio, in the Diplomatic Reception Room of the White House in Washington, D.C., on Monday. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci) President Trump speaks about the mass shootings in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio, in the Diplomatic Reception Room of the White House in Washington, D.C., on Monday. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

The FBI said Sunday that the El Paso shooting “underscores the continued threat posed by domestic violent extremists and perpetrators of hate crimes.” The bureau added that the investigation is being supported by its "Domestic Terrorism-Hate Crimes Fusion Cell," which was established earlier this year.

The president said his administration has asked the FBI to "identify all further resources they need to investigate and disrupt hate crimes and domestic terrorism. Whatever they need."

"We must recognize that the internet has provided a dangerous avenue to radicalized disturbed minds and perform demented acts," Trump continued. "We must shine light on the dark recesses of the internet and stop mass murders before they start. The internet likewise is used for human trafficking, illegal drug distribution and so many other heinous crimes. The perils of the internet and social media cannot be ignored and they will not be ignored."

As he did on Sunday, the president also blamed the killings on mental illness, though authorities have yet to make any public determination of the mental state of the two alleged gunmen.

"Mental illness and hatred pull the trigger, not the gun," the president said.

Earlier Monday on Twitter, Trump called on lawmakers to strengthen background checks and suggested tying that legislation to immigration reform.

In his statement from the White House, which was read from a teleprompter, the president made no such suggestion.

"We cannot allow ourselves to feel powerless," Trump said. "We can and will stop this evil contagion and that task we must honor the sacred memory of those we have lost by acting as one people. Open wounds cannot heal if we are divided. We must seek real, bipartisan solutions. We have to do that in a bipartisan manner that will truly make America safer and better for all."

“The choice is ours and ours alone,” the president added. “It is not up to mentally ill monsters it is up to us. If we are able to pass great legislation after all these years we will ensure that those who were attacked will not have died in vain. May god bless the memory of those who perished in Toledo.”

Sunday’s killings occurred in Dayton, not Toledo, some 150 miles to the north.

Rep. Tim Ryan, D-Ohio, who suspended his Democratic presidential campaign in light of the massacre, was quick to notice.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-statement-mass-shootings-el-paso-dayton-143508003.html

How on earth does his speech writer screw that up......missed the correct city by more than half a state.  And in an otherwise positive speech, it's the only thing that will be remembered.   :facepalm:

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Nope......Mental illness ain't going away, so why aren't we as a nation pushing to make sure those suffering from such illness can't get their hands on weapons?  Paranoia of constitutional rights infringement would be my guess.

GO RV, then BV

You tell'em, Man....You tell'em right.......

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Forgive my insolence, as I mean no disrespect to you, but......innocent people shopping at a Walmart on the border with Mexico doesn't equate to an "invasion"....especially in a country known as the melting pot, founded on immigrants.  I simply must agree to disagree with you on the invasion part.  :peace:   

GO RV, then BV

Thanks....Out of pluses right now

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Nope......Mental illness ain't going away, so why aren't we as a nation pushing to make sure those suffering from such illness can't get their hands on weapons?  Paranoia of constitutional rights infringement would be my guess.

GO RV, then BV

I understand what you're saying about keeping weapons out of their hands. Cars, knives, explosives can all be used as weapons . Its just  not possible to completely prevent  people determined to kill others. They will find a way. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

I see my voiceless hater is lurking about the bayou.....neg away bro.  :D

GO RV, then BV

Was about to write  "Welcome to the club" but I recall you're not new to receiving all this hate...Maybe one of these days it will end...For all of us targets ( for them we are indeed children of a lesser God...or worse.)

Like that Paul guy who got thundered on his way to Damascus......Who knows what's next......

God works in some (very) mysterious) ways

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bostonangler said:

View image on Twitter

View image on Twitter

This does nothing but promote them... It doesn't matter who or what they are, you put them out there and they love it and other whackos think this is going to make them famous if they do something sick...

B/A

That's so bad......Thanks B/A......Sorry out of pluses.....

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

TRUTH BE TOLD 

Hello LGD....I guess all of that will be determined in due time through a very thoroughly investigation...And what was written above might be right or wrong OR might be right or wrong only in part....We''ll see.....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

Trump condemns 'racism, bigotry and white supremacy' after mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton

Dylan Stableford,Yahoo News 55 minutes ago 

7f1ebd60-b792-11e9-bffb-a367336e049c
Scroll back up to restore default view.

In his first formal statement on the deadly mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, over the weekend, President Trump on Monday condemned the "evil" and "wicked" attacks that killed 29 people and injured more than 50 others. The president also condemned "racism, bigotry and white supremacy" while blaming the internet, video games and "mental illness" for the massacres.

"These barbaric slaughters are an assault upon our communities, an attack on our nation and a crime against all of humanity," Trump said from the Diplomatic Room of the White House. "We are outraged and sickened by this monstrous evil. The cruelty, the hatred, the malice, the bloodshed and the terror."

On Saturday morning, a gunman killed 20 people and injured more than two dozen others at a Walmart in El Paso. Just 13 hours later, another gunman killed nine people and wounded dozens more in downtown Dayton. Officials have not conclusively determined the motives behind the attacks. The El Paso shooting is being investigated as a possible hate crime. An anti-immigrant “manifesto” has been connected to the shooter. And authorities said Saturday that the suspect had told them he wanted to shoot as many Mexicans as possible.

Trump cited the “racist hate” in the manifesto, but didn't acknowledge his own anti-immigration rhetoric that it mimicked.

"The shooter in El Paso posted a manifesto online consumed by racist hate," Trump said. "In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry and white supremacy. These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America. Hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart and devours the soul.”

President Trump speaks about the mass shootings in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio, in the Diplomatic Reception Room of the White House in Washington, D.C., on Monday. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci) President Trump speaks about the mass shootings in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio, in the Diplomatic Reception Room of the White House in Washington, D.C., on Monday. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

The FBI said Sunday that the El Paso shooting “underscores the continued threat posed by domestic violent extremists and perpetrators of hate crimes.” The bureau added that the investigation is being supported by its "Domestic Terrorism-Hate Crimes Fusion Cell," which was established earlier this year.

The president said his administration has asked the FBI to "identify all further resources they need to investigate and disrupt hate crimes and domestic terrorism. Whatever they need."

"We must recognize that the internet has provided a dangerous avenue to radicalized disturbed minds and perform demented acts," Trump continued. "We must shine light on the dark recesses of the internet and stop mass murders before they start. The internet likewise is used for human trafficking, illegal drug distribution and so many other heinous crimes. The perils of the internet and social media cannot be ignored and they will not be ignored."

As he did on Sunday, the president also blamed the killings on mental illness, though authorities have yet to make any public determination of the mental state of the two alleged gunmen.

"Mental illness and hatred pull the trigger, not the gun," the president said.

Earlier Monday on Twitter, Trump called on lawmakers to strengthen background checks and suggested tying that legislation to immigration reform.

In his statement from the White House, which was read from a teleprompter, the president made no such suggestion.

"We cannot allow ourselves to feel powerless," Trump said. "We can and will stop this evil contagion and that task we must honor the sacred memory of those we have lost by acting as one people. Open wounds cannot heal if we are divided. We must seek real, bipartisan solutions. We have to do that in a bipartisan manner that will truly make America safer and better for all."

“The choice is ours and ours alone,” the president added. “It is not up to mentally ill monsters it is up to us. If we are able to pass great legislation after all these years we will ensure that those who were attacked will not have died in vain. May god bless the memory of those who perished in Toledo.”

Sunday’s killings occurred in Dayton, not Toledo, some 150 miles to the north.

Rep. Tim Ryan, D-Ohio, who suspended his Democratic presidential campaign in light of the massacre, was quick to notice.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-statement-mass-shootings-el-paso-dayton-143508003.html

How on earth does his speech writer screw that up......missed the correct city by more than half a state.  And in an otherwise positive speech, it's the only thing that will be remembered.   :facepalm:

GO RV, then BV

Sounds like a LEFTIST White Nationalist to me...kinda breaks the montra by the LEFT that 'White Nationalist' can only be on the RIGHT.

Indy

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Indraman said:

Sounds like a LEFTIST White Nationalist to me...kinda breaks the montra by the LEFT that 'White Nationalist' can only be on the RIGHT.

Indy

I have always stated my opinion that there are many horrible people with terrible ideologies on both sides of the political spectrum.....There are those in these political threads that are either afraid or too proud to admit the same or truly believe those that share their own political affiliation are above such heinous ideologies.  I honestly believe Antifa and The Proud Boys are both dangerous hateful organizations.  Does anybody else here have the stones to admit the same.....or only excuses? 

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Shabibilicious said:

I have always stated my opinion that there are many horrible people with terrible ideologies on both sides of the political spectrum.....There are those in these political threads that are either afraid or too proud to admit the same or truly believe those that share their own political affiliation are above such heinous ideologies.  I honestly believe Antifa and The Proud Boys are both dangerous hateful organizations.  Does anybody else here have the stones to admit the same.....or only excuses? 

GO RV, then BV

I agree  whole heartedly.  That's what makes some of these  threads amusing. Each side saying there party is better. In the end everyone is defending people who don't  compromise  and constantly divide us. You are doing  their work for them.  What's even worse, in this instance,  we try to assign a party to those who commit these atrocities as if they are the sole representative of any party.  It's really quite amusing and not in a good way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cranman said:

I agree  whole heartedly.  That's what makes some of these  threads amusing. Each side saying there party is better. In the end everyone is defending people who don't  compromise  and constantly divide us. You are doing  their work for them.  What's even worse, in this instance,  we try to assign a party to those who commit these atrocities as if they are the sole representative of any party.  It's really quite amusing and not in a good way.

Absolutely agree, cranman.  

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I have always stated my opinion that there are many horrible people with terrible ideologies on both sides of the political spectrum....

End Quote

Agreed...But I also think that esp in this kind of issue details really become important....They are not details in the end....JMHO

Generalizing  everything might bring to wrong conclusions.....

In Italy we had communist terrorism (Which I NEVER shared or supported or agreed upon) and fascist terrorism....Both terrible of course....But not all communists were / are terrorists and same for  right-wing / fascists even though as per their own culture they seem to be more inclined to violence....It's in their writings and in what they preach...Not my words...They are proud to be violent...Italy is the Country where Fascism was born after all and where Mussolini was able to rule for 20 years plus....

Let it be CLEAR I DO CONDEMN EVERY VIOLENT ACT COMING FROM WHATSOEVER POLITICAL SIDE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Brigades

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_Italy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Years_of_Lead_(Italy)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_terrorism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italicus_Express_bombing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bologna_massacre

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, umbertino said:

I have always stated my opinion that there are many horrible people with terrible ideologies on both sides of the political spectrum....

End Quote

Agreed...But I also think that esp in this kind of issue details really become important....They are not details in the end....JMHO

Generalizing  everything might bring to wrong conclusions.....

In Italy we had communist terrorism (Which I NEVER shared or supported or agreed upon) and fascist terrorism....Both terrible of course....But not all communists were / are terrorists and same for  right-wing / fascists even though as per their own culture they seem to be more inclined to violence....It's in their writings and in what they preach...Not my words...They are proud to be violent...Italy is the Country where Fascism was born after all and where Mussolini was able to rule for 20 years plus....

Let it be CLEAR I DO CONDEMN EVERY VIOLENT ACT COMING FROM WHATSOEVER POLITICAL SIDE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Brigades

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_Italy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Years_of_Lead_(Italy)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_terrorism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italicus_Express_bombing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bologna_massacre

Agreed and thanks for sharing....out of pluses as usual.

GO RV, then BV

• Downvote 1

Lot's posted here....have not read it all....

Interesting back stories....

Crazy #1...El Paso posted a brief manifesto on 8chan prior to his event....stated Trump was not the reason he was doing the shooting....but he was sure the MSM would blame Trump.....coincidentally 8chan is where "Q" posts....and 8chan is now off line....

Crazy #2.....Dayton......8-10 years ago got kicked out of HS for compiling a Rape and Kill list of fellow students.....FBI was even involved.....talked with all of the kids on the list....Crazy#2 even wrote about skinning some of the kids alive.....then 14 year old cheerleader girl said no one was pre informed when he showed back up....

So you have Crazy #2.....on the radar of the FBI....Local authorities......and the school let him come back......and now this?

Anything wrong with this picture?......and where was the parenting in both situations?

Of course the MSM will run wild with it's all Trumps fault....but we here at DV are much better informed!

CL

• Thanks 5

5 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

GO RV, then BV

Your right...and who started the push to get people out of mental institutions stating they had a right to be free and walk among us? The demonrat party, thats who! Since the mental institutions have gone away, these type of incidents have increased and will continue. Face it...some people cannot be left alone and you cannot expect them to function normally and take their medication like they are supposed to. They should be in an institution.

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 8th ID said:

Your right...and who started the push to get people out of mental institutions stating they had a right to be free and walk among us? The demonrat party, thats who! Since the mental institutions have gone away, these type of incidents have increased and will continue. Face it...some people cannot be left alone and you cannot expect them to function normally and take their medication like they are supposed to. They should be in an institution.

Then it should make sense to keep weapons from them as much as it does to institutionalize them, don't you think?

GO RV, then BV

• Downvote 1

No. It makes more sense to lock them up SO THEY CAN'T GET ACCESS TO THEM. 

Then people want to restrict law abiding citizens access to the tools needed for protecting themselves.

My answer to that is not only no but Hell no. I will kill anyone who attempts to harm me or mine.

To harsh? Too bad. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

No. It makes more sense to lock them up SO THEY CAN'T GET ACCESS TO THEM. 

Then people want to restrict law abiding citizens access to the tools needed for protecting themselves.

My answer to that is not only no but Hell no. I will kill anyone who attempts to harm me or mine.

To harsh? Too bad. 

Do you think everybody with a mental illness issue should be institutionalized?  Let me put it this way....do you feel a person suffering from say bi-polar disorder or ptsd or depression should be institutionalized?  If not, should those same people have access to guns?

GO RV, then BV

• Downvote 2