Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Mass Shooting at an EL Paso Wal Mart

Pitcher

Multiple people killed after gunmen armed with assault rifles open fire at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas, sending panicked shoppers fleeing before SWAT respond and take a suspect into custody

• El Paso mayor's office confirms multiple fatalities in shooting inside Walmart 
  • El Paso Mayor Dee Margo said three suspects are currently in custody
  • Shooting reported at a Walmart near the Cielo Vista Mall in El Paso, Texas 
  • A local NBC affiliate is reporting that at least 18 people were shot 
  • A number of local businesses were reportedly in lock down 
  • 'We have multiple reports of multiple shooters,' El Paso police tweeted on Saturday 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7317905/El-Paso-police-say-theres-active-shooter-local-mall.html

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Antifa had plans of a Violent Siege in El Paso to bring attention to the treatment of illegals at the border.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/30/report-andy-ngo-antifa-siege-el-paso-texas-resistance/

https://www.foxnews.com/media/texas-lt-gov-tells-antifa-to-stay-out-of-el-paso-after-walmart-shooting

Karsten

Edited by Karsten
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Very sorry to learn about this massacre...Praying for the victims, the hurt and all their Families

El Paso shooting at Walmart leaves multiple people dead

• Police say one person in custody after shooting at mall
  • Local TV reports 18 people hurt but extent of injuries unknown

Lois Beckett and agencies

Sat 3 Aug 2019 20.59 BST

4200.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=39733469bc20773a19e69a22b55ba99f
Kendall Long, left, comforts Kianna Long, right, who was in the freezer section of a Walmart during a shooting incident, in El Paso, Texas, on Saturday
Photograph: Ivan Pierre Aguirre/EPA

More pics & vid

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Stuff like this turns my stomach. Two mass shootings this week. It’s getting to the point you don’t really feel safe anywhere anymore. 

I have a CCL and it is a sad state of affIrs that I feel like I need that to keep safe.  When I was a kid we didnt even lock our doors, EVER.

There are a lot of evil people in the world and a lot of people in need of mental health help.  My heartfelt prayers to the victims, their families and all EL Paso.  

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Stuff like this turns my stomach. Two mass shootings this week. It’s getting to the point you don’t really feel safe anywhere anymore. 

I have a CCL and it is a sad state of affIrs that I feel like I need that to keep safe.  When I was a kid we didnt even lock our doors, EVER.

There are a lot of evil people in the world and a lot of people in need of mental health help.  My heartfelt prayers to the victims, their families and all EL Paso.  

For 3 years the mainstream media has done nothing but turn their liberal sycophants into a frenzy. God help the people of El Paso. God help America. This blood is on every alphabet media's hands. God help them for they will suffer the consequences of their sin.

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

LGD, while I’m inclined to agree with you let’s get all the information before we blame anyone.  There have been psycho’s on both sides of the political spectrum as well as terror groups and drug cartel gangs like MS 13.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Well. Booker has already politicized this tragedy........Going right aft4er Gun Control and the NRA.

A week or so ago some where read ( maybe after Epstein and all the people involved) that there would be a mass shooting to distract from that.

13 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

I see you are in Houston. I moved from there to Kansas City, MO and then back to Utah.  I live now in a small rural town with a Walmart, and 2 grocery store for big business....I wake up everyday and carry a Compact .45 ACP 1911 even if I have no plans to leave the house....I have it and 2 extra mags. I go camping, boating and I have it or a S&W Shield in .40 S&W and I pack a 12 gauge Bull Pup Shotgun in the motor home.

You don't have the luxury of picking the time or place....that is the advantage that the BG gets you just have to be ready to make the BG's worse day.

Stay Safe.....I think there are going to be more somewhere soon.

Karsten

• Thanks 4

LGD, I know you are upset but who cares what there political views are?  There is something much more to be concerned about here.  Like mental health issues and the sorts.  There are plenty of angry and fed up people in both parties.  The individual action of  a few people should not define the actions of all people or group of people.  That would be like saying one fat and smelly  trucker that takes drugs to stay awake and drives in an unsafe condition is saying that all truckers are fat, smelly and take drugs.   I'm sure that is not true.  We need to keep emotions in check and not make a bad thing worse.

We all need to be alert, be prepared to act and stay safe.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Booker is a typical gun grabbing leftist.  He needs to go back to New Jersey and clean up his own Stste.  

I understate why you carry and you have some fine weapons.  I owned a business and got jumped 2 times.  Once I lost my wallet and my briefcase and once I scared the crap out of two fine illegals that tried to jump me at a Home Depot.  After the first incident I got my license and had many hours of training on how to operate my weapons and handle myself in a bad situation.   I carry one of 3 different Glocks when out in public and I have one locked in my glove box at all times.  

I’m no Rambo and My nature is far from an angry old man but I will defend myself if threatened.  If you have never been held up you have no idea how terrifying and helpless you feel.  I really thought I was a goner on the first robbery, on the second I knew exactly what was getting ready to go down and caught them off guard.  BTW, the second group of thieves were indeed illegal, had been terrorizing that Home Depot, and are now in jail.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Pitcher said:

Yep. When I was growing up, we NEVER locked the house AND ALWAYS left the keys in the vehicles whether in town or at church or whatever. A pain and hassle to find the keys when the vehicle was to be used so we left it in the ignition. Equipment out in the field we put the keys in the tool box over night or the weekend.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Not that I am a fan of Rob Pincus but PDN does have some great videos on things most people would never think of.

https://www.personaldefensenetwork.com/

This video is one of my dealers, top notch Long Range Instructor as well as Handgun Instructor. For some it will be the basics and others might pick up a thing or two here and there.

Note, Rob know the Good Old Southern Boy Language and it isn't all pretty. 

Note, I am not selling anything....Just passing on info if anyone should be interested.

Today was a damn shame and the dem's have already started blaming this on POTUS Trump and the White Nationalist Terrorist....I guess that would be the Sane, Law abiding, White Legal Gun Owners that have never hurts anyone......But it fit the agenda.

Please, everyone stay alert and aware of your surrounding.....Put the damn phone down and scan what is going on...If something happens get the hell out of the area.

Same with driving, don't get boxed in, make sure you cam see the rear axle of the car in front of you at a light with enough space to jump the curb or get out if need be.

Store parking lot....Ladies....Flipping NEVER  Park to the left side of a Van with a sliding door....You get out door opens and you are gone.

This crap is gonna get real and I am not even sure I am ready for it.

Karsten

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Now this sure as hell doesn't sound like the ramblings of a 21 year old kid.......He brings up ballistic crap I have never heard of.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/el-paso-shooters-entire-purported-manifesto?fbclid=IwAR3OQO1h3VM0HAVY8QN29MLRHghZ4eABvQsOWZg-oT7n58yU4x7754_D8AY

8m3 Bullet and needing gloves to shoot it....Sorry dude but that AK 47 has Wood Upper and Lower Hand Guards and it would take more than 100 rounds to heat them up.

Someone bought this kid high on Psychotropic Drugs and sent him to do something with a promise it would be okay.....Hence he just walked up to police and gave up without a fight......I will believe that when Pigs Fly and I get the 1st ride on the Spruce Goose...

This was a planned event and set up by someone.

Karsten

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Pitcher said:

I’m no Rambo and My nature is far from an angry old man but I will defend myself if threatened.

6 hours ago, Pitcher said:

I carry one of 3 different Glocks when out in public and I have one locked in my glove box at all times.  

i am down to my Sig p938 6 Mag's.

in many ways i never came home from patrol.

my wife does not understand the hyper vigilance.

there are actually 11 commandments, remember Moses broke them. 10 were recorded.

little known 11th commandment: cover thine own azz

my last surgery i told the nurses before being put under, to restrain me.

lots of strange looks but they understood when i ripped the restraints out of the gurney in recovery.

it takes a few moments to get my bearings back.

strange to quote a hack like Stallone but

you don't just turn it off!

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

9 dead, 26 injured in a shooting in Dayton, Ohio

By Jay Croft, Madeline Holcombe and Melissa Alonso, CNN

Updated 8:08 AM ET, Sun August 4, 2019

(CNN)Nine people are dead after a shooting in Dayton, Ohio, according to police. Dayton Police say the suspect also is dead. At least 26 other people were injured in the incident that took place within 13 hours of a shooting that left 20 dead in El Paso, Texas.

The Dayton shooting took place around 1 a.m. on East 5th Street in the city's Oregon District, a popular downtown area, Dayton Deputy Director and Assistant Chief of Police Lt. Col. Matt Carper told reporters early Sunday morning.
The suspect, who was shot and killed by responding officers, has not yet been identified. Carper said the shooter fired multiple rounds from a "long gun." The shooting happened as the suspect was making his way toward a bar called Ned Peppers, Montgomery County Emergency Services spokeswoman Deb Decker said.
The shooter wore body armor, Decker said.

No officers were injured in the confrontation, Carper said.
Mayor Nan Whaley said the shooter used a ".223 high-capacity" gun and had additional magazines with him. The .223 caliber is used in rifles like the AR-15 assault rifle used in previous mass shootings.
"In less than one minute, Dayton first responders neutralized the shooter," Whaley said.
"I really want to -- think about that minute. The shooter was able to kill nine people and injure 26 in less than a minute. And if we did not have police in the Oregon District and the thousands of people in the Oregon District enjoying their Saturday evening, what we could have had in this city," Whaley said.
Police believe the suspect acted alone and that there is no remaining threat to the community, but the investigation is ongoing, Carper said. The FBI is assisting with the investigation, Carper said. The motive for the shooting was not immediately clear.
Though many people were killed or injured, Carper said that the incident was over quickly, because officers were already patrolling in the vicinity when the gunshots started.
"As bad as this is, it could have been much, much worse, as I think everyone will become aware of here as more information unfolds," Carper said.

Hospital respond to influx of wounded

Miami Valley Hospital communications department Terrea Little said the hospital received 16 victims from the shooting. She would not characterize the injuries.
Elizabeth Long, spokeswoman at Kettering Health Network, which operates several Dayton area hospitals including Kettering Medical Center and Grandview Medical Center told CNN that 13 people were taken to three of the network's hospitals, many with gunshot wounds to the "lower extremities."
At least one person was shot in the abdomen and at least two people were taken into surgery. She did not give an age range for the injured.
Miami Valley Hospital received 14 patients, plus two others across its health system, Dr. Randy Marriott said.
Most of the injuries were gunshot wounds, but there were others, like cuts received while people were fleeing the scene.
"At this point, we can say we've had one critical, 4 admitted, none have gone to surgery," Marriott said.
Most people arrived via ambulance or police car, but several others arrived on foot or by personal vehicle later, Marriott said.

Governor, mayor 'heartbroken'

Gov. Mike DeWine said in a statement he was "absolutely heartbroken" and ordering flags flown at half-staff.
DeWine said he had been briefed on the Dayton shooting by the Ohio Department of Public Safety. He said the Ohio State Highway Patrol has offered assistance to local law enforcement as they investigate what happened.
Whaley tweeted, "I'm heartbroken. Thank you to our first responders for all that you've done. We will share updates as we have more information."

I’m heartbroken. Thank you to our first responders for all that you’ve done. We will share updates as we have more information.

Dayton Police previously said via Twitter that were "investigating an active shooter incident" in the city's Oregon district and asked residents to avoid the area. The Oregon district is a historic neighborhood with many bars and restaurants.
Dayton police are asking that anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information that would help in the investigation call 937-225-6217.
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Karsten said:

Now this sure as hell doesn't sound like the ramblings of a 21 year old kid.......He brings up ballistic crap I have never heard of.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/el-paso-shooters-entire-purported-manifesto?fbclid=IwAR3OQO1h3VM0HAVY8QN29MLRHghZ4eABvQsOWZg-oT7n58yU4x7754_D8AY

8m3 Bullet and needing gloves to shoot it....Sorry dude but that AK 47 has Wood Upper and Lower Hand Guards and it would take more than 100 rounds to heat them up.

Someone bought this kid high on Psychotropic Drugs and sent him to do something with a promise it would be okay.....Hence he just walked up to police and gave up without a fight......I will believe that when Pigs Fly and I get the 1st ride on the Spruce Goose...

Karsten

Well, first I will say my thoughts and prayers go out to the people of El Paso. I read his supposedly manifesto and this kid has serious issues IF he did write it. I agree Karsten, things don’t make sense. First he said he wouldn’t give up and be taken alive, yet he just walks up and surrenders. Why was he wearing ear protection? We will find that he has had psychological issues at some point. Right now, to me, things don’t seem right with him. But mark my words, we are going to see the biggest push for gun control now, with three shootings in a week, California, El Paso and now last night Dayton, Ohio. I don’t want to make this political, but you know it will go there and already has by all. All I say to everyone is Stay Vigilant and Stay Safe!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Mental illness is a terrible thing.  You just have to wonder if this young man played video games for hours everyday.  

Now we we have another mass murder in Dayton Ohio.  9 are reported dead and 26 more wounded.  

• Upvote 2

Heard that

its everywhere

never believed video game theory though

i play the most violent 

and I enjoy them

makes you think and react 

I have never once thought about going off the deep end

well maybe once

may god guide everyone through what ever is going on

Edited by davis411
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SocalDinar said:

9 dead, 26 injured in a shooting in Dayton, Ohio

By Jay Croft, Madeline Holcombe and Melissa Alonso, CNN

Updated 8:08 AM ET, Sun August 4, 2019

(CNN)Nine people are dead after a shooting in Dayton, Ohio, according to police. Dayton Police say the suspect also is dead. At least 26 other people were injured in the incident that took place within 13 hours of a shooting that left 20 dead in El Paso, Texas.

The Dayton shooting took place around 1 a.m. on East 5th Street in the city's Oregon District, a popular downtown area, Dayton Deputy Director and Assistant Chief of Police Lt. Col. Matt Carper told reporters early Sunday morning.
The suspect, who was shot and killed by responding officers, has not yet been identified. Carper said the shooter fired multiple rounds from a "long gun." The shooting happened as the suspect was making his way toward a bar called Ned Peppers, Montgomery County Emergency Services spokeswoman Deb Decker said.
The shooter wore body armor, Decker said.

No officers were injured in the confrontation, Carper said.
Mayor Nan Whaley said the shooter used a ".223 high-capacity" gun and had additional magazines with him. The .223 caliber is used in rifles like the AR-15 assault rifle used in previous mass shootings.
"In less than one minute, Dayton first responders neutralized the shooter," Whaley said.
"I really want to -- think about that minute. The shooter was able to kill nine people and injure 26 in less than a minute. And if we did not have police in the Oregon District and the thousands of people in the Oregon District enjoying their Saturday evening, what we could have had in this city," Whaley said.
Police believe the suspect acted alone and that there is no remaining threat to the community, but the investigation is ongoing, Carper said. The FBI is assisting with the investigation, Carper said. The motive for the shooting was not immediately clear.
Though many people were killed or injured, Carper said that the incident was over quickly, because officers were already patrolling in the vicinity when the gunshots started.
"As bad as this is, it could have been much, much worse, as I think everyone will become aware of here as more information unfolds," Carper said.

Hospital respond to influx of wounded

Miami Valley Hospital communications department Terrea Little said the hospital received 16 victims from the shooting. She would not characterize the injuries.
Elizabeth Long, spokeswoman at Kettering Health Network, which operates several Dayton area hospitals including Kettering Medical Center and Grandview Medical Center told CNN that 13 people were taken to three of the network's hospitals, many with gunshot wounds to the "lower extremities."
At least one person was shot in the abdomen and at least two people were taken into surgery. She did not give an age range for the injured.
Miami Valley Hospital received 14 patients, plus two others across its health system, Dr. Randy Marriott said.
Most of the injuries were gunshot wounds, but there were others, like cuts received while people were fleeing the scene.
"At this point, we can say we've had one critical, 4 admitted, none have gone to surgery," Marriott said.
Most people arrived via ambulance or police car, but several others arrived on foot or by personal vehicle later, Marriott said.

Governor, mayor 'heartbroken'

Gov. Mike DeWine said in a statement he was "absolutely heartbroken" and ordering flags flown at half-staff.
DeWine said he had been briefed on the Dayton shooting by the Ohio Department of Public Safety. He said the Ohio State Highway Patrol has offered assistance to local law enforcement as they investigate what happened.
Whaley tweeted, "I'm heartbroken. Thank you to our first responders for all that you've done. We will share updates as we have more information."

I’m heartbroken. Thank you to our first responders for all that you’ve done. We will share updates as we have more information.

Dayton Police previously said via Twitter that were "investigating an active shooter incident" in the city's Oregon district and asked residents to avoid the area. The Oregon district is a historic neighborhood with many bars and restaurants.
Dayton police are asking that anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information that would help in the investigation call 937-225-6217.

Yep, Socal....Very bad and very sad......

So sorry to hear about that sort of thing again in 24 hours......

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Karsten said:

Well. Booker has already politicized this tragedy........Going right aft4er Gun Control and the NRA.

A week or so ago some where read ( maybe after Epstein and all the people involved) that there would be a mass shooting to distract from that.

I see you are in Houston. I moved from there to Kansas City, MO and then back to Utah.  I live now in a small rural town with a Walmart, and 2 grocery store for big business....I wake up everyday and carry a Compact .45 ACP 1911 even if I have no plans to leave the house....I have it and 2 extra mags. I go camping, boating and I have it or a S&W Shield in .40 S&W and I pack a 12 gauge Bull Pup Shotgun in the motor home.

You don't have the luxury of picking the time or place....that is the advantage that the BG gets you just have to be ready to make the BG's worse day.

Stay Safe.....I think there are going to be more somewhere soon.

Karsten

A word to the wise, I almost learned this the hard way. Everyone knows that you don't take  a firearm onto 

Federal property but what few people know is that EVERY SINGLE STATE PARK in America is owned by the 

Federal Government. They are only run by the State. Thus it is a Felony to possess or use a firearm within the boundaries of a State Park.

How do I know this? I was caught with a pistol on a State Park. And the only thing that saved my butt was the 

Fellow Marine State Trooper that caught me ran my background check and realized that I've never been 

convicted of a gun violation or any other criminal violation. So he wrote me a $250 dollar ticket and asked 

me to leave the park. I've never been so glad to pay a fine in my whole life. 

PLEASE DON'T TAKE YOUR GUNS TO A STATE PARK. 

May I suggest a few close combat classes and a Machete. Both are legal in State Parks. 

And a much less lethal but HIGHLY EFFECTIVE use of force.......

V2_194c9344-576e-44fe-8c24-faa3ba094fb4_1024x1024.jpg?v=1478889861

I carry the smaller 3.5 ounce bottle EVERYWHERE I go and so does my wife. But the above is what I call 

"The crowd Please'r". It's also legal to carry on State Parks as you can claim to need it for the bears. 

Tactical Unit | 12oz., 2% OC, Pistol Grip, Crowd Control Fog Spray Pattern (PG12FDB)

Regular price$58.99

ADD TO CART

Default Title                   

This 12-ounce unit contains the world famous FIVE POINT THREE® formula, used by the U.S. Military, all types of municipal, county, state and federal law enforcement agencies, and civilians around the world.

Cone Fog spray pattern reaches 20+ feet.
All FIVE POINT THREE® formulas are oil based, Taser safe and non-flammable.
  • The size of the unit is 9” High x 2-1/2” Diameter
  • Discharges 50+ one-half second bursts
  • Pistol grip which is ideal for quick control of a crowd
  • Invisible UV dye for suspect identification under black light
  • Nonflammable & Taser safe
  • Birth date on the bottom of each unit
  • Up to a 3 year warranty [Click Here: to view "A Few Words About Shelf Life"]
FOX premium defense sprays provide the fastest-acting and most reliable formulas available. They also use the largest nozzle openings, meaning instead of discharging only a gram or less of formula per ½ second burst, these units discharge an astounding 3 grams!

The primary benefits of discharging a greater volume per burst are increasing your odds of hitting your assailant in the face and eyes with the incredible FOX formula, thereby stopping them faster. Remember, no matter how good the formula, if you do not hit the subject in the face and eyes, you greatly reduce your chances of stopping them as fast as you would like to do.

So, your decision is this: do you want a product that sounds good, or one that performs great? It is your safety, and your choice. If you do a bit more research you will find that FOX LABS has earned their reputation through proven performance (not by offering things that just “sound” good).

18 hours ago, Pitcher said:

Early indications are the shooter was an anti immigrant protester.  

I know. And I object to the B.S. claim that we have to get all the facts before claiming to know 

why the perpetrator did this. I know all I need to know with the very fact that HE DID THIS.

What? We need to know that he is insane? That he most likely was using psychotropic meds?

Or that he most likely was someone that HATED TRUMP. 

I don't need to wait to verify this info because the fact that he did this heinous act answers almost all of 

the above questions. I mean really, how often do you hear of someone living a normal life raising a family 

working a full time plus job SUDDENLY deciding to just  stop off at the local Wal-Mart on the way home 

and murder people. This is not about political influences, this is about psychological abuse pushed onto 

the American People by the Media. The fact that the Media are Democratic Socialist is irrelevant. They and 

the Democratic Socialist are using the rhetoric of violence to such a level that these events will only continue 

to grow worse and worse. 

12 hours ago, Karsten said:

Karsten

Never underestimate the Power of the Clinton's and their Deep State Monsters. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1