Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Go Iraq Part 5

6ly410

5 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

Just wanted to thank everyone for posting a ton of interesting news articles. 

Ok Bros, let's see what this week brings. 

Your welcome

i try my hardest to bring all the info I can on ???

wait where the hell am i

thought this was a dinner site

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

I didn't have time to read this post yesterday, it takes me so long to catch up on the multiple pages I've missed since the previous day.  But I just got caught up now and want to address a couple of things.

On 8/3/2019 at 1:57 PM, navira said:

Hey KristiD, I really love ur post always...really do. Now, is USA doing really good economically? If we are, how in the world we are so much in deficit...we are not talking about billions but trillions n trillions of dollars...how in the world are we still doing good? Hmmmm...I never could understand that in economics point of view...can u? Where do we get so much money n still provide people that are in need...it's a mystery how we continue to do that and yet our deficit continue to climb...and dollar is still strong...wow. amazing. Iran maybe a liar but doesn't our govt lies all the time too? For now I will have to go and rely on the news cause ,after all, is all have to provide. Some people have friends that live in iran...they believe that rial will increase in value n more...I'll just have to take that along with the news and gospel them like if they were true....what do I have to lose but lose what I can afford to lose...cheers KristiD...let's go bros.

Thanks Navira, but I don't understand how you are trying to connect the US national debt to Iran's adding 1000% to the value of its currency.  And while it's true the US has lied in the past, Trump, who's leading it now, does not lie while Iran has - and continues to lie.  While I am one of the biggest advocates of hopium, for me, I want it to at least have some degree of plausibility.  And I still don't believe Iran is in a position to add ANY value (let alone 1000%) to its currency when it can't even stoI cannot figure out howp - or even lessen, its 50% annual decrease due to inflation.  Iran just announced it will delete 4 zeros from its currency due to inflation.  How can that possibly work with them adding 1000% value to it?  So since Iran has a reputation of lying, it seems most likely to me that their announcement of adding10 times more value (1000%) is just one such lie, done to make them look stronger when in reality, everyone knows their economy is crumbling.  People in Iran, or anywhere, can believe whatever they want.  But as an investor, I would think most people here would want to vet anything they are putting money into.  Still, maybe I'm missing something and since anything is possible, this might be too.  But my guess is that if there is any truth to this 1000% increase, it will be by Iran finagling some way to "technically claim" that they accomplished that, but in reality nothing really changed.  There are an awful lot of ways to massage numbers after all.  That said, you and anyone else who wants to put your faith in this - or any other thing for that matter, are totally entitled to do so and I'm honestly not trying to tell you that you cannot.  I just want to state my point of view for others who may have gotten carried away and forgot to look at this situation objectively.  Having said that, I will stop raining on your parade from now on!! 

As far as the US debt, the smartest minds in the world don't understand all that's involved there and I admit I don't have a clue.  I watch with the same shock and incomprehension that everyone else does.  But I will say, for years some people have been saying Trump was brought into to oversee the bankruptcy of the US and I think that's a possiblity - especially since he just got a 2 year pass on spending as much money as he wants with no budget ceiling.  There is speculation he's gonna collapse the system and then rebuild it - hopefully without a Federal Reserve and possibly even using a gold backed system again.  Some of our debt is to other countries and Trump has also hinted about negotiating debt settlements - I don't believe he mentioned numbers, but it could be anywhere from pennies on the dollar on up.  The world is very much dependent on the US and if it fails, almost all countries get hurt badly, so if some of them have to take a bit of a loss in order to not lose even bigger down the line, they will probably do that.  I believe that Turmp truly loves this country, and as perhaps the smartest businessman on the planet, I have total faith that he has a plan that will bring the US out on top - big time.  Other than that, I watch just as everyone else does, shocked by some of the things Trump does and then later, immensely impressed by what he was able to accomplish in the end from doing that.   jmho 

12 hours ago, new york kevin said:

We all know that this doesn't change a thing , right ? They can call it a revalue or any other similar word , but whatever they do to their currency won't change the market value of their currency.  Its true value is reflected in its current international valuation .  They would have to purchase a infinite amount of gold, and or the US would need to lift all the sanctions which won't happen till they negotiate in faith with Mr Trump. 

I totally agaree.  At best I see Iran using some sort of trick to technically claim they added 1000% in value, but it won't really change anything.    

11 hours ago, fancy said:

I really like the Bros Thread. I can't bring it over, but Fox had an interesting article about the month of August, here is a small part

"Some of the weirdest, most-influential events in American and global politics unfold in August"

It mentioned when Iraq invaded Kuwait when President Nixon was impeached when Hurricane Katrina happened all kinds of interesting things all happening in August. I'd love to see Iraq revalue their currency in August as well!

Me too!  While I'm not on board with the Iran 1000% RV, I am hopeful for Iraq's RV this month.  2 reasons.... 1) I've always believed IRaq will RV when least expected, and this month of August, with the GOI off, would be one of those times.  2) People here at DV have had dreams about the RV happening in August.  There's a good thread about it in the Opinions section.  I watch the news and prefer to deal with facts, but with Iraq, the translations issues, the bickering between factions that result in conflicting news stories, the reposting of old articles claiming they're new, etc., it's really difficult to get a clear understanding about what's really happening.  And let's face it, who of us really knows all this is necessary to properly set things up to do such a big RV?  Plus, Iraq has to deliberately mislead the world because they can't just announce they're about to RV because it would start a worldwide run on the dinar.  But it's a fact that people do sometimes get premonitions through dreams, and since August is a month that several people here have had dreams about regarding the RV - some recent and some long term - personally, I am partaking in some hopium from that.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 4

Kristi D, I wouldn’t waste anymore of your time on this as Iran is doing a LOP and no value will be added. However I do love reading your thoughts here. Their is another article in that other thread posted today that basically says that again also. Also since Iran is under sanctions even if they did somehow increase the value the boys simply don’t understand there is no way for them to exchange them even in Canada as they think..lol.. again Iran is under sanctions no one is going to exchange them.

Edited by Dinarrock
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Here’s the article posted in the other thread:

Delete 4 zeros from the Iranian currency between truth and illusions

Delete 4 zeros from the Iranian currency between truth and illusions

The Iranian government announced on Wednesday its decision to delete 4 zeros from the Iranian currency and adopt the Toman instead of the riyal as the official currency of the country.

The government's decision to approve the proposal of the Central Bank, which is still awaiting the approval of Parliament and then the Guardian Council, and then President Hassan Rowhani.

What does it mean to delete zeros?

At the beginning, the Iranian Toman is equivalent to 10 riyals, and after the collapse of the currency, the price of one dollar on the black market reached 120 thousand riyals (12 thousand Toman).

The deletion of 4 zeros means that the 10 thousand riyals for example will equal 1 Toman.

Reasons for decision

This is not the first time that Iran has taken the deletion of zeros from the currency. Last year a similar action was taken in 2017.

Tensions over the nuclear issue between Iran and the United States have caused the collapse of the Iranian currency, which lost more than 320 percent of its value in just three years, following the withdrawal of US President Donald Trump from the nuclear deal and the imposition of devastating economic sanctions on Tehran, where the dollar reached 193 thousand riyals. Its highest price against the Iranian currency last year.

Economic pressures have also brought the rate of inflation to a historical average of 48%, according to official statistics, where the price of 1 kilo meat to about one million Iranian riyals, and Iran stopped dealing with coins, and the citizen has to carry large amounts of banknotes to buy Simple products.

The objective of the decision and its impact on the economy

The Iranian government aims to reduce spending on paper printing, re-use of coins, maintain currency efficiency and facilitate local monetary transactions.

"The government has passed a bill to delete four zeros from the currency and the two currencies will be our national currency, which will make the national currency more effective and will be more in line with a common practice. Real is not used very much, and the coins will be traded again," said Ali Rabie, spokesman for the Iranian government. "He said.

The central bank governor, Nasser Hamati, has announced that there will be a new currency market. "The new system will be a regulatory role and not specific to the foreign exchange rate, and will be known as (the multi-market), and will be aimed at crystallizing realistic prices of foreign currencies, The new foreign exchange market, which is expected to start operating by August 12, will bring transparency to the offer of foreign exchange securities. "

The Iranian government also aims to create false psychological effects on its currency, which it believes to be more powerful. Although the deletion of zeros does not really add to the strength of the currency unless it is accompanied by economic measures and reforms that support system" rel="">support the local currency, such as attracting foreign investment and providing sources of foreign exchange

With Iran's economic isolation due to sanctions, the removal of zeros will not make a difference in the country's economic situation.

But it is also possible to say that there is a slight change expected to occur in one case, that Iran withdraw the local currency from the market and print new money and then pump it to local markets, in order to reduce the amount of banknotes in the market, which is reflected in some way on the value of the currency, But this is a huge shift and costs a lot.

Edited 6 hours ago by DWS112

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, Dinarrock said:

Here’s the article posted in the other thread:

Delete 4 zeros from the Iranian currency between truth and illusions

Delete 4 zeros from the Iranian currency between truth and illusions

The Iranian government announced on Wednesday its decision to delete 4 zeros from the Iranian currency and adopt the Toman instead of the riyal as the official currency of the country.

The government's decision to approve the proposal of the Central Bank, which is still awaiting the approval of Parliament and then the Guardian Council, and then President Hassan Rowhani.

What does it mean to delete zeros?

At the beginning, the Iranian Toman is equivalent to 10 riyals, and after the collapse of the currency, the price of one dollar on the black market reached 120 thousand riyals (12 thousand Toman).

The deletion of 4 zeros means that the 10 thousand riyals for example will equal 1 Toman.

Reasons for decision

This is not the first time that Iran has taken the deletion of zeros from the currency. Last year a similar action was taken in 2017.

Tensions over the nuclear issue between Iran and the United States have caused the collapse of the Iranian currency, which lost more than 320 percent of its value in just three years, following the withdrawal of US President Donald Trump from the nuclear deal and the imposition of devastating economic sanctions on Tehran, where the dollar reached 193 thousand riyals. Its highest price against the Iranian currency last year.

Economic pressures have also brought the rate of inflation to a historical average of 48%, according to official statistics, where the price of 1 kilo meat to about one million Iranian riyals, and Iran stopped dealing with coins, and the citizen has to carry large amounts of banknotes to buy Simple products.

The objective of the decision and its impact on the economy

The Iranian government aims to reduce spending on paper printing, re-use of coins, maintain currency efficiency and facilitate local monetary transactions.

"The government has passed a bill to delete four zeros from the currency and the two currencies will be our national currency, which will make the national currency more effective and will be more in line with a common practice. Real is not used very much, and the coins will be traded again," said Ali Rabie, spokesman for the Iranian government. "He said.

The central bank governor, Nasser Hamati, has announced that there will be a new currency market. "The new system will be a regulatory role and not specific to the foreign exchange rate, and will be known as (the multi-market), and will be aimed at crystallizing realistic prices of foreign currencies, The new foreign exchange market, which is expected to start operating by August 12, will bring transparency to the offer of foreign exchange securities. "

The Iranian government also aims to create false psychological effects on its currency, which it believes to be more powerful. Although the deletion of zeros does not really add to the strength of the currency unless it is accompanied by economic measures and reforms that support system' target='_blank' style=" rel="">support system" rel="">support the local currency, such as attracting foreign investment and providing sources of foreign exchange

With Iran's economic isolation due to sanctions, the removal of zeros will not make a difference in the country's economic situation.

But it is also possible to say that there is a slight change expected to occur in one case, that Iran withdraw the local currency from the market and print new money and then pump it to local markets, in order to reduce the amount of banknotes in the market, which is reflected in some way on the value of the currency, But this is a huge shift and costs a lot.

Edited 6 hours ago by DWS112

The thing to concentrate on now would be, exchanging the currency before its invalid. 

After that I am sure the value will continue to fall. Just my opin.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, navira said:

DR, if u didnt invest in rial, why is it that it is so much of a concern of urs..to find out where the rial can be exchanged? 

Man its the human in people..to be right.. Even when it  benefits them 0. That's why humans communicate as well. All G man!

Like when people say "I knew that the Raptors were going to win the NBA Championship at the beginning of  the year." If you didn't bet on it or benefit from it - IT MEANS NOTHING. 

• Upvote 2

We say that the sun rises, but in reality the sun stays fixed and the illusion of sunrise is created by the Earth turning. 

But I have no such delusion here about us all having a grand time in Maui.....

Let's go Iraq....

:rodeo:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5