Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iran to delete 4 zeroes from the national currency

yota691

18 hours ago, navira said:

This isn't something I said. I took this bit of info from an article:

If the rial indeed is configured to be close to a dollar, Iran will likely resurrect the dinar. 

Here ya go, bro: http://iran-times.com/bahmani-says-4-zeros-to-gobut-not-soon/

“The new rial … will be equal in value to one (US) dollar,” the state news agency quoted Bahmani as saying, adding that it would take “one to two years” to be implemented." :confused2:

The other piece is at the end of this article......I'll be at the bar...yup.:rocking-chair::cheesehead:  

tenor.gif

Edited by Freedomwish
nEEd mORE whiSKEy
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Freedomwish said:

“The new rial … will be equal in value to one (US) dollar,” the state news agency quoted Bahmani as saying, adding that it would take “one to two years” to be implemented." :confused2:

The other piece is at the end of this article......I'll be at the bar...yup.:rocking-chair::cheesehead:  

tenor.gif

Thanks bro..the cab finally approved the plan...just waiting on guardian of council n the presidents approval.

• Thanks 5

26 minutes ago, Freedomwish said:

tenor.gif

There's also an article where Iran is in control of the central bank of iraq...no rv till Iran rv first. Lop does no good to both brothers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 1

I wonder if the US Treasury, who has been restructuring and guiding the Iraqi CBI for way over a decade, and has been working out of the CBI's penthouse for years, has received an eviction notice from Iran? I hope we get our deposit back. Maybe we will get a relocation costs covered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, navira said:

There's also an article where Iran is in control of the central bank of iraq...no rv till Iran rv first. Lop does no good to both brothers.

What? That's a bit of stretch. You know that's not true no matter what  an article says.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I see  struggle everywhere . The fight to control Iraq , steal their wealth and slow down there progress to being its own sovereign country. Iran and Bad Guys are losing now  . Less bombing . More banking reforms limiting corruption , Laws like the Financial Management Law being passed , Purchasing Power being promised  , Crippling sanctions against Iran , Investment pouring in , Wealth being return from the thieves that stole it .  Corruption files coming forward .Crooked politicians being arrested . The Future Of Iraq is brighter than it was in the past  . The Citizens of Iraq and us included will all do very well . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, blueskyline said:

I see  struggle everywhere . The fight to control Iraq , steal their wealth and slow down there progress to being its own sovereign country. Iran and Bad Guys are losing now  . Less bombing . More banking reforms limiting corruption , Laws like the Financial Management Law being past , Crippling sanctions against Iran , Investment pouring in , Wealth being return from the thieves that stole it . Crooked politicians being arrested . Corruption files coming forward . The Future Of Iraq is brighter than it was in the past  . The Citizens of Iraq and us included will all do very well . 

I really admire your enthusiasm after all the news about Iran going  in Iraq's business.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Below find the complete article from March with details of agreements for Navira's title. Once read you can obviously see that the title is misleading. Iraq wants to cooperate with Iran but hardly have taken over the Iraqi CBI:

memri
March 7, 2019  No.7932

In Advance Of Iranian President Rohani's Iraq Visit, Iran Takes Control Of Iraqi Banking System – In Cooperation with Iraqi Prime Minister – In Order To Circumvent U.S. Sanctions

In advance of Iranian President Hassan Rohani's upcoming visit to Iraq next week, Iranian regime and banking officials in Baghdad have held preliminary meetings, during which the Iranian regime ensured that it would control the Iraqi banking system in a way that would allow Iran to circumvent the U.S. sanctions.

During the visit, Rohani is expected to sign agreements that go beyond what was concluded in these meetings.

The Iranian news agency Tasnim, which is close to Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC),

announced on February 6, 2019 that an Iran-Iraq payment system had been set up during a nighttime meeting in Baghdad between Central Bank of Iran governor Abdolnasser Hemmati and his Iraqi counterpart Ali Al-'Alaq.[1] It should be noted that Iran is striving to create a financial apparatus with Iraq that would allow it to evade the U.S. sanctions that threaten its economy (see MEMRI Inquiry and Analysis No. 1434, Iraq's Importance To The Survival Of Iran's Regime And Economy Following U.S. Sanctions, January 30, 2019)

While the Iraqi media barely covered the visit of the Central Bank of Iran governor's Baghdad visit in early February 2019, apparently in order to conceal the details of the agreements reached, Iranian news agencies reported on the meetings' conclusions and agreements. According to the reports, beyond decisions regarding a mechanism for Iran-Iraq payments, extensive sectors of the Iraqi political and financial leadership firmly support upgrading banking relations and trade with Iran. Thus, Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abd Al-Mahdi, a Shi'ite supported by the U.S., personally committed to the agreements obtained and is a fervid supporter of continued bilateral negotiations with Iran. Central Bank of Iraq governor Ali Al-'Alaq seeks to remove the obstacles to economic cooperation, in particular to allow foreign currency to flow into Iran. This is so that Iran can export its oil and natural gas to Iraq and receive euros in exchange. To this end, it was agreed that the Central Bank of Iran would open euro and dinar accounts in Iraq through which payments for the oil and gas would be made.

It should be noted that the U.S. administration has warned that if Iraq becomes a channel for transferring foreign currency to Iran, the U.S. would respond with sanctions on Iraqi banks, and would block their access to dollars.

Furthermore, at a March 4, 2019  press conference in Baghdad, Iraqi President Barham Salih referred to the Iraqi interest in maintaining "very good relations" with Iran. He explained: "[Iranian President] Rohani's trip to Iraq is important. Not long ago, I was in Tehran and conducted in-depth talks with the Iranian upper echelons on many matters. Our relations with Iran are important. I always emphasize, in any country I visit, that Iraq's interests lie in maintaining very good relations with Iran. I deliberately repeat this sentence several times. We Iraqis have an interest in strengthening these relations with Iran, and we must see them as a main issue among all our regional relationships. We have paid a very high price for past [Iran-Iraq] tensions. These relations  with Iran must be based on respect for [our] sovereignty. These are joint interests based on 1,400 km of shared border, and on history, culture, and society... We must remember the importance of this relationship [with Iran]... [Rohani's planned] trip will conclude in agreements and understandings that will advance our reciprocal relations. What will these agreements be like, and of what quality? This will become clear with [Rohani's Iraq] visit."[2]

The following are reports by the Iranian news agency Tasnim and the Iranian financial daily Taadol on agreements reached during the February 19, 2019 Iraq visit by the Central Bank of Iran governor, and a report by the Iranian news agency ISNA on a meeting between Iranian Vice President Eshaq Jahangiri, a reformist, and Iraqi Electricity Minister Luay Al-Khatteeb.

Iranian News Agency Tasnim On Meeting Of Iranian, Iraqi Bank Governors: "A Continuation Of The Financial Agreements Of The Two Countries"

"[Central Bank of Iran governor Abdolnasser] Hemmati, who visited Baghdad for banking talks, said that he met with his Iraqi counterpart on February 5 and expressed hope that the level of financial relations between the two countries would increase. He said: 'Iraq is Iran's largest trade partner, and the durability of this relationship between the two countries requires banking relations. America is conducting an extensive effort to thwart Iran's economic and political situation by waging economic war on Iran, but fortunately the enemy's plots are being neutralized by means of the arrangements that Iran came up with, and now the required stability prevails in Iran's economy.

"'The Central Bank of Iran has reached appropriate financial solutions for trade with Russia, Turkey, India, China, and others. At this time, I am certain that we will arrive at ideal results through cooperation on the part of the Iraqi government and also through following up on the economic relations as quickly as possible and establishing a financial channel for payments.'

"Ali Al-'Alaq, Central Bank of Iraq governor, welcomed his [counterpart] Central Bank of Iran governor Dr. Hemmati, and called the meeting 'a continuation of the financial agreements of the two countries,' and, as such, one that prepares the ground for strengthening economic cooperation between them.

sd7932.jpg
Right: Central Bank of Iraq governor Al-Alaq. Left: Central Bank of Iran governor Hemmati. Source: Tasnim, Iran, February 6, 2019.

"He added that the Central Bank of Iraq would make all efforts to remove the obstacles to economic cooperation between the two countries. He said: 'Also according to the agreements we made, [Iraq's] debts for the export of gas and electricity [from Iran] to Iraq will be paid or transferred as per invoices from the Central Bank of Iran. This framework will be used also for [Iran's] income from future exports.

This meeting, that lasted for over four hours, also covered agreements regarding the form of the foreign currency transfer of private Iranian exporters. I hope that after [the arrangement] is final, the problem of restoring exporters' foreign currency revenues will be solved."

Iranian Financial Daily Taadol: Hemmati Said "Agreements... Are Reached Thanks To The Direct Consent And Instructions Of The Iraqi Prime Minister"

The next day, February 7, 2019, the Iranian financial daily Taadol reported that Central Bank of Iran governor Hemmati had, on the second day of his Iraq visit, met with Iraqi bank directors, trade offices, and economic figures. It reported Hemmati as stating:

"Yesterday and today, we arrived at good agreements with the Central Bank of Iraq governor and we believe that banking relations are the key to expanding bilateral economic relations. I saw a strong desire among the Iraqi officials to expand bilateral relations. The Iraqi prime minister fervently supports bilateral negotiations and the agreements that were attained.

"According to the agreement that was attained, the Central Bank of Iran expects to have accounts in euros and dinar, and gas and oil exchanges will be conducted based on these accounts. According to the agreements, Iranian exporters can operate by means of the Iraqi banks and, accordingly, the Iranian banks can hold dinar accounts. Therefore, the Iran-Iraq banking relationship will be strengthened by these agreements, and the agreement of the Iraqi prime minister and the expansion of trade relations between the two countries will take shape based on this. Iraqi companies can also open accounts in Iranian banks and conduct their business in dinars.

"The chairman of the Iraqi Rashid Bank said: 'We are willing to cooperate with Iranian financial companies in the framework of the Central Bank of Iraq. In accordance with this, we seek to establish one branch in Iran which, if there is agreement, will play an important role in bilateral trade.'   

"[Central Bank of Iran governor] Hemmati added: 'According to these agreements, I agree to the proposal to establish and open branches of Iraqi banks in Iran, and I believe that opening them in Iran can help [create] a chain of agreements, and expand them. I hope that we will see the implementation of agreements that are reached thanks to the direct consent and instructions of the Iraqi prime minister. The Central Bank of Iran governor said that there is a need for regular monthly bilateral meetings."[3]

Iranian News Agency ISNA: Iraqi Electricity Minister Says "Iraq Wants To Become A Manufacturing Country Through Partnership With Iran And Through Utilizing Iran's Capabilities And Experience"

According to an ISNA report, in his meeting with Iraqi Electricity Minister Al-Khatteeb, Iranian Deputy Prime Minister Eshaq Jahangiri, a reformist, said: "Iran will be alongside Iraq during its reconstruction. Those who want to destroy Tehran-Baghdad relations must know that these two countries have strong relations.

"Tehran is ready to expand its cooperation with Iraq in all areas. Good agreements were arrived at between the governors of the central banks of the two countries, and I hope that after expanding banking cooperation, Tehran-Baghdad economic relations will expand even more."

Also according to the report, "Iraqi Electricity Minister Al-Khatteeb said: 'In reality, the sanctions on Iran are sanctions on other countries so that they will not manage to make use of Iran's achievements. The media are trying to show that Tehran-Baghdad relations are political and security relations, [but] we want the media to understand the truth of the relations between the two countries with Iran's extensive cooperation in rebuilding Iraq. Iraq wants to become a manufacturing country through partnership with Iran and through utilizing Iran's capabilities and experience."[4]

https://www.memri.org/reports/advance-iranian-president-rohanis-iraq-visit-iran-takes-control-iraqi-banking-system-–

Edited by Carrello
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Carrello said:

Below find the complete article from March with details of agreements for Navira's title. Once read you can obviously see that the title is misleading. Iraq wants to cooperate with Iran but hardly have taken over the Iraqi CBI:

memri
March 7, 2019  No.7932

In Advance Of Iranian President Rohani's Iraq Visit, Iran Takes Control Of Iraqi Banking System – In Cooperation with Iraqi Prime Minister – In Order To Circumvent U.S. Sanctions

In advance of Iranian President Hassan Rohani's upcoming visit to Iraq next week, Iranian regime and banking officials in Baghdad have held preliminary meetings, during which the Iranian regime ensured that it would control the Iraqi banking system in a way that would allow Iran to circumvent the U.S. sanctions.

During the visit, Rohani is expected to sign agreements that go beyond what was concluded in these meetings.

The Iranian news agency Tasnim, which is close to Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC),

announced on February 6, 2019 that an Iran-Iraq payment system had been set up during a nighttime meeting in Baghdad between Central Bank of Iran governor Abdolnasser Hemmati and his Iraqi counterpart Ali Al-'Alaq.[1] It should be noted that Iran is striving to create a financial apparatus with Iraq that would allow it to evade the U.S. sanctions that threaten its economy (see MEMRI Inquiry and Analysis No. 1434, Iraq's Importance To The Survival Of Iran's Regime And Economy Following U.S. Sanctions, January 30, 2019)

While the Iraqi media barely covered the visit of the Central Bank of Iran governor's Baghdad visit in early February 2019, apparently in order to conceal the details of the agreements reached, Iranian news agencies reported on the meetings' conclusions and agreements. According to the reports, beyond decisions regarding a mechanism for Iran-Iraq payments, extensive sectors of the Iraqi political and financial leadership firmly support system" rel="">support upgrading banking relations and trade with Iran. Thus, Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abd Al-Mahdi, a Shi'ite supported by the U.S., personally committed to the agreements obtained and is a fervid supporter of continued bilateral negotiations with Iran. Central Bank of Iraq governor Ali Al-'Alaq seeks to remove the obstacles to economic cooperation, in particular to allow foreign currency to flow into Iran. This is so that Iran can export its oil and natural gas to Iraq and receive euros in exchange. To this end, it was agreed that the Central Bank of Iran would open euro and dinar accounts in Iraq through which payments for the oil and gas would be made.

It should be noted that the U.S. administration has warned that if Iraq becomes a channel for transferring foreign currency to Iran, the U.S. would respond with sanctions on Iraqi banks, and would block their access to dollars.

Furthermore, at a March 4, 2019  press conference in Baghdad, Iraqi President Barham Salih referred to the Iraqi interest in maintaining "very good relations" with Iran. He explained: "[Iranian President] Rohani's trip to Iraq is important. Not long ago, I was in Tehran and conducted in-depth talks with the Iranian upper echelons on many matters. Our relations with Iran are important. I always emphasize, in any country I visit, that Iraq's interests lie in maintaining very good relations with Iran. I deliberately repeat this sentence several times. We Iraqis have an interest in strengthening these relations with Iran, and we must see them as a main issue among all our regional relationships. We have paid a very high price for past [Iran-Iraq] tensions. These relations  with Iran must be based on respect for [our] sovereignty. These are joint interests based on 1,400 km of shared border, and on history, culture, and society... We must remember the importance of this relationship [with Iran]... [Rohani's planned] trip will conclude in agreements and understandings that will advance our reciprocal relations. What will these agreements be like, and of what quality? This will become clear with [Rohani's Iraq] visit."[2]

The following are reports by the Iranian news agency Tasnim and the Iranian financial daily Taadol on agreements reached during the February 19, 2019 Iraq visit by the Central Bank of Iran governor, and a report by the Iranian news agency ISNA on a meeting between Iranian Vice President Eshaq Jahangiri, a reformist, and Iraqi Electricity Minister Luay Al-Khatteeb.

Iranian News Agency Tasnim On Meeting Of Iranian, Iraqi Bank Governors: "A Continuation Of The Financial Agreements Of The Two Countries"

"[Central Bank of Iran governor Abdolnasser] Hemmati, who visited Baghdad for banking talks, said that he met with his Iraqi counterpart on February 5 and expressed hope that the level of financial relations between the two countries would increase. He said: 'Iraq is Iran's largest trade partner, and the durability of this relationship between the two countries requires banking relations. America is conducting an extensive effort to thwart Iran's economic and political situation by waging economic war on Iran, but fortunately the enemy's plots are being neutralized by means of the arrangements that Iran came up with, and now the required stability prevails in Iran's economy.

"'The Central Bank of Iran has reached appropriate financial solutions for trade with Russia, Turkey, India, China, and others. At this time, I am certain that we will arrive at ideal results through cooperation on the part of the Iraqi government and also through following up on the economic relations as quickly as possible and establishing a financial channel for payments.'

"Ali Al-'Alaq, Central Bank of Iraq governor, welcomed his [counterpart] Central Bank of Iran governor Dr. Hemmati, and called the meeting 'a continuation of the financial agreements of the two countries,' and, as such, one that prepares the ground for strengthening economic cooperation between them.

sd7932.jpg
Right: Central Bank of Iraq governor Al-Alaq. Left: Central Bank of Iran governor Hemmati. Source: Tasnim, Iran, February 6, 2019.

"He added that the Central Bank of Iraq would make all efforts to remove the obstacles to economic cooperation between the two countries. He said: 'Also according to the agreements we made, [Iraq's] debts for the export of gas and electricity [from Iran] to Iraq will be paid or transferred as per invoices from the Central Bank of Iran. This framework will be used also for [Iran's] income from future exports.

This meeting, that lasted for over four hours, also covered agreements regarding the form of the foreign currency transfer of private Iranian exporters. I hope that after [the arrangement] is final, the problem of restoring exporters' foreign currency revenues will be solved."

Iranian Financial Daily Taadol: Hemmati Said "Agreements... Are Reached Thanks To The Direct Consent And Instructions Of The Iraqi Prime Minister"

The next day, February 7, 2019, the Iranian financial daily Taadol reported that Central Bank of Iran governor Hemmati had, on the second day of his Iraq visit, met with Iraqi bank directors, trade offices, and economic figures. It reported Hemmati as stating:

"Yesterday and today, we arrived at good agreements with the Central Bank of Iraq governor and we believe that banking relations are the key to expanding bilateral economic relations. I saw a strong desire among the Iraqi officials to expand bilateral relations. The Iraqi prime minister fervently supports bilateral negotiations and the agreements that were attained.

"According to the agreement that was attained, the Central Bank of Iran expects to have accounts in euros and dinar, and gas and oil exchanges will be conducted based on these accounts. According to the agreements, Iranian exporters can operate by means of the Iraqi banks and, accordingly, the Iranian banks can hold dinar accounts. Therefore, the Iran-Iraq banking relationship will be strengthened by these agreements, and the agreement of the Iraqi prime minister and the expansion of trade relations between the two countries will take shape based on this. Iraqi companies can also open accounts in Iranian banks and conduct their business in dinars.

"The chairman of the Iraqi Rashid Bank said: 'We are willing to cooperate with Iranian financial companies in the framework of the Central Bank of Iraq. In accordance with this, we seek to establish one branch in Iran which, if there is agreement, will play an important role in bilateral trade.'   

"[Central Bank of Iran governor] Hemmati added: 'According to these agreements, I agree to the proposal to establish and open branches of Iraqi banks in Iran, and I believe that opening them in Iran can help [create] a chain of agreements, and expand them. I hope that we will see the implementation of agreements that are reached thanks to the direct consent and instructions of the Iraqi prime minister. The Central Bank of Iran governor said that there is a need for regular monthly bilateral meetings."[3]

Iranian News Agency ISNA: Iraqi Electricity Minister Says "Iraq Wants To Become A Manufacturing Country Through Partnership With Iran And Through Utilizing Iran's Capabilities And Experience"

According to an ISNA report, in his meeting with Iraqi Electricity Minister Al-Khatteeb, Iranian Deputy Prime Minister Eshaq Jahangiri, a reformist, said: "Iran will be alongside Iraq during its reconstruction. Those who want to destroy Tehran-Baghdad relations must know that these two countries have strong relations.

"Tehran is ready to expand its cooperation with Iraq in all areas. Good agreements were arrived at between the governors of the central banks of the two countries, and I hope that after expanding banking cooperation, Tehran-Baghdad economic relations will expand even more."

Also according to the report, "Iraqi Electricity Minister Al-Khatteeb said: 'In reality, the sanctions on Iran are sanctions on other countries so that they will not manage to make use of Iran's achievements. The media are trying to show that Tehran-Baghdad relations are political and security relations, [but] we want the media to understand the truth of the relations between the two countries with Iran's extensive cooperation in rebuilding Iraq. Iraq wants to become a manufacturing country through partnership with Iran and through utilizing Iran's capabilities and experience."[4]

https://www.memri.org/reports/advance-iranian-president-rohanis-iraq-visit-iran-takes-control-iraqi-banking-system-–

Yup, the article talks about the conclusion of the meeting....it does not tell you what is in between...they are not telling u the whole story but the headline is....During the visit, Rohani is expected to sign agreements that go beyond what was concluded in these meetings

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, blueskyline said:

I see  struggle everywhere . The fight to control Iraq , steal their wealth and slow down there progress to being its own sovereign country. Iran and Bad Guys are losing now  . Less bombing . More banking reforms limiting corruption , Laws like the Financial Management Law being passed , Purchasing Power being promised  , Crippling sanctions against Iran , Investment pouring in , Wealth being return from the thieves that stole it .  Corruption files coming forward .Crooked politicians being arrested . The Future Of Iraq is brighter than it was in the past  . The Citizens of Iraq and us included will all do very well . 

Such wisdom...good things comeing to all those that have invested 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, navira said:

Yup, the article talks about the conclusion of the meeting....it does not tell you what is in between...they are not telling u the whole story but the headline is....During the visit, Rohani is expected to sign agreements that go beyond what was concluded in these meetings

I think Iran is clearly trying influence Iraq as trump has warned the world about their influence...the us goverment cannot stop cross border trade and deals as long as they don’t deal in usd....remember transaction cannot start and end in usd!

• Upvote 3

On 8/14/2019 at 12:24 PM, DinarThug said:

US report: economic tsunami strikes Iran .. And Tehran drains cash reserves

5213c384-95f6-4ce3-81b6-6111f3cdf837

14th August, 2019

An economic catastrophe could hit Iran because of mounting US sanctions and Tehran could delay the collapse by depleting its hard currency reserves and circumventing sanctions, a US think tank said on Monday.

Inflation

The "Defense of Democracies Foundation" in a report published on Tuesday that the inflation rate in Iran jumped last month to its highest level since 23 years of his arrival to 40.4% on an annual basis, surpassing the level of inflation recorded in October / November the month of the year 2013, which amounted to about 36.2%.

Exchange Iranian Rial

and saw the report, written by the Director of the Iranian Studies Foundation, Saeed Jassim Nejad, that inflation could be in the coming period continues to rise dependent on several factors, including the Iranian rial exchange rate, the flow of hard currency, and the level of exports, and the stability of the financial system, and the ability of System on the import of consumer products and capital goods necessary.

A grim picture

of the report pointed out that the economic developments in the recent period , "paint a grim picture" of what will be the economy of Iran as a result of the continued decline in oil exports, which form the backbone of a reserve of hard currency for Tehran, pointing out that the problem will worsen also because of the continuing decline in petrochemical exports and diminishing the ability of banks Iran to obtain hard currency from oil export revenues because of sanctions.

Reduce the support 

report it revealed that the Iranian regime is currently considering cutting subsidies on some basic food commodities and raise the riyal exchange rate , pointing out that those steps may be useful for economic reform programs in the long term, but could push inflation rates to new record levels. “The Iranian regime may be able to delay an economic catastrophe by depleting its foreign exchange reserves, cutting back on infrastructure projects and trying to circumvent US economic sanctions,” he said.

Foreign investment

"But the fact is that over time will lead to a significant decrease in employment opportunities for Iranians, especially since these measures mean a sharp decline in hard currency and the flow of foreign investment and the continued weakness of commodity imports .. This course will increase the risk of a comprehensive financial collapse.

Negotiations

The author said that accepting Iran to negotiate with Washington may be the only hope to avoid an economic disaster, expressing his belief that US President Donald Trump to take advantage of the economic difficulties in Iran and tighten sanctions to force it to negotiate.  “Trump should not show that he is in dire need of a deal with Iran, but continue to tighten sanctions because that is the sure way to subdue them,” he concluded.

1 hour ago, navira said:

but it looks like Iran is really in control... 

Perhaps U Scrolled Right Past This One Where Their Inflation Rate Is At The Highest In Nearly A Quarter Of A Century At Over 40% ! :o 

And That Their Economy Is At “risk of a comprehensive financial collapse.“ ! :wave: 

Those Mullah Fatwah’s Are Totally Piddling In Their Burqa’s - And Ain’t In Control Of Shiite ! :shakehead: 

:D  :D  :D 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

Perhaps U Scrolled Right Past This One Where Their Inflation Rate Is At The Highest In Nearly A Quarter Of A Century At Over 40% ! :o 

And That Their Economy Is At “risk of a comprehensive financial collapse.“ ! :wave: 

Those Mullah Fatwah’s Are Totally Piddling In Their Burqa’s - And Ain’t In Control Of Shiite ! :shakehead: 

Yes and you don’t read inflation is high because Iran has devalued their currency....

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, screwball said:

Yes and you don’t read inflation is high because Iran has devalued their currency....

Inflation And The Poverty Levels Are Completely Unsustainable There - This Is From 3 Months Ago And It’s Only Gotten Devastatingly Worse ! ;) 

A picture of poverty in Iran

57 Million Below the Poverty Line: Iran Regime Parliament Predicts

LIFE IN IRAN  17 MAY 2019 

By Jubin Katiraie

The Iranian Parliament’s Research Center published a report in which figures for the next 12 months show that between 23 and 40 percent of Iran’s population will soon be living under the absolute poverty line.

This report displays the damage that runaway inflation has caused the Iranian economy over the last couple of years. In fact, the Iranian calendar year, which began March 21st, 2018 and ran through March 20th, 2019, saw the inflation rate reaching 47 percent, and the economy dropping to a negative growth rate.

Last year the rate of absolute poverty only applied to 16 percent of the Iranian population, according to the report. This rate has increased to between 23 and 40 percent, and continues to rise.

The declining real income in households during the current year will find more Iranian people having difficulties paying for basic necessities. Iran’s increasing unemployment will make things worse. The report confirms a large increase in the number of people living below the absolute poverty line. In terms of what the absolute poverty line is for a household of four in Tehran — last year it was around 2.5 million tomans or $592 USD per month, but by the end of the autumn it rose to around 3.4 million tomans or $805 per month.

According to the study, seven deciles in Iran’s population fell below the absolute poverty line in 2018 and the report recommends that they be helped financially to survive. These vulnerable groups include:

• Those who receive support from the so called Khomeini Relief Foundation and the Iranian Welfare Organization,

• Workers who have lost their jobs,

• Retirees whose pensions places them below the absolute poverty line

• Government employees whose salaries are below the poverty line.

Distribution of subsidies has missed the mark by a wide margin, according to the report. The policy of subsidizing the imports of basic goods has failed, and instead resulted in the steep rise in prices.

To help the Iranians living under the poverty line, the Research Center recommends that the government provide them with “support packages.” These packages would distribute money to the seven top deciles, four times a year, in the form of cash cards that can be used exclusively to buy basic food items.

The Research Center believes that 57 million people will fall under the poverty line over the course of the coming year, and must be assisted.

https://www.iranfocus.com/en/life-in-iran/33528-57-million-below-the-poverty-line-iran-regime-parliament-predicts

Edited by DinarThug
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

Inflation And The Poverty Levels Are Completely Unsustainable There - This Is From 3 Months Ago And It’s Only Gotten Devastatingly Worse ! ;) 

A picture of poverty in Iran

57 Million Below the Poverty Line: Iran Regime Parliament Predicts

LIFE IN IRAN  17 MAY 2019 

By Jubin Katiraie

The Iranian Parliament’s Research Center published a report in which figures for the next 12 months show that between 23 and 40 percent of Iran’s population will soon be living under the absolute poverty line.

This report displays the damage that runaway inflation has caused the Iranian economy over the last couple of years. In fact, the Iranian calendar year, which began March 21st, 2018 and ran through March 20th, 2019, saw the inflation rate reaching 47 percent, and the economy dropping to a negative growth rate.

Last year the rate of absolute poverty only applied to 16 percent of the Iranian population, according to the report. This rate has increased to between 23 and 40 percent, and continues to rise.

The declining real income in households during the current year will find more Iranian people having difficulties paying for basic necessities. Iran’s increasing unemployment will make things worse. The report confirms a large increase in the number of people living below the absolute poverty line. In terms of what the absolute poverty line is for a household of four in Tehran — last year it was around 2.5 million tomans or $592 USD per month, but by the end of the autumn it rose to around 3.4 million tomans or $805 per month.

According to the study, seven deciles in Iran’s population fell below the absolute poverty line in 2018 and the report recommends that they be helped financially to survive. These vulnerable groups include:

• Those who receive support system" rel="">support from the so called Khomeini Relief Foundation and the Iranian Welfare Organization,

• Workers who have lost their jobs,

• Retirees whose pensions places them below the absolute poverty line

• Government employees whose salaries are below the poverty line.

Distribution of subsidies has missed the mark by a wide margin, according to the report. The policy of subsidizing the imports of basic goods has failed, and instead resulted in the steep rise in prices.

To help the Iranians living under the poverty line, the Research Center recommends that the government provide them with “support packages.” These packages would distribute money to the seven top deciles, four times a year, in the form of cash cards that can be used exclusively to buy basic food items.

The Research Center believes that 57 million people will fall under the poverty line over the course of the coming year, and must be assisted.

https://www.iranfocus.com/en/life-in-iran/33528-57-million-below-the-poverty-line-iran-regime-parliament-predicts

Iam not going into what's bad in Iran n iraq...both are just as bad as each other right now....didn't we see protests in iraq cause they are demanding for services n work...they are barely surviving. We see broken promises by the govt....soon these two countries will thrive.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, navira said:

soon these two countries will thrive.

It’s Completely Unrelated - Iraq’s Economy Is Stable With No Inflation While Iran’s Is In A Total Free Fall ! :o 

But U Can Stuff Ur Rial Beneath Ur Pillow Along With Some S&H Green Stamps And A Few Iraqi 50 Dinar Notes For The Toothless Fairy In The Morning If U Want To ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Carrello said:

memri
March 7, 2019  No.7932

While the Iraqi media barely covered the visit of the Central Bank of Iran governor's Baghdad visit in early February 2019, apparently in order to conceal the details of the agreements reached, Iranian news agencies reported on the meetings' conclusions and agreements. According to the reports, beyond decisions regarding a mechanism for Iran-Iraq payments, extensive sectors of the Iraqi political and financial leadership firmly support system" rel="">support upgrading banking relations and trade with Iran. Thus, Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abd Al-Mahdi, a Shi'ite supported by the U.S., personally committed to the agreements obtained and is a fervid supporter of continued bilateral negotiations with Iran. Central Bank of Iraq governor Ali Al-'Alaq seeks to remove the obstacles to economic cooperation, in particular to allow foreign currency to flow into Iran. This is so that Iran can export its oil and natural gas to Iraq and receive euros in exchange. To this end, it was agreed that the Central Bank of Iran would open euro and dinar accounts in Iraq through which payments for the oil and gas would be made.

sd7932.jpg

2 minutes ago, fancy said:

What?

Read The Full Article From Ms Carrello And Not Just The Misleading (Perhaps From Translation) Headline ! ;) 

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

Read The Full Article From Ms Carrello And Not Just The Misleading (Perhaps From Translation) Headline ! ;) 

That is no misleading...if u read the whole article urself, U will find that they don't talk about the whole details...most, if not all,...yes we agree on this n that...that is just most of it. This is the gem of the article: During the visit, Rohani is expected to sign agreements that go beyond what wasconcluded in these meetings

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4