Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Jared Kushner owns Baltimore apartments ‘infested’ with rodents, mould and maggots

12 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Where people choose to live is a reflection of their lifestyle choice.  I’ve lived in what some would call a slum.  It was a pathetic place for sure.  At the time I was making some terrible choices in life.  I was more interested in getting drunk than having a job.  Eventually I hit rock bottom and got sober, and because of my “white privilege” I worked 2 and 3 jobs at a time to finish my education, save some money and start my own business.  While I was working those jobs and going to school I still lived in the hideous apartment because it was really all I could afford.  To be honest I was grateful to have a roof over my head.  

The point Im trying to make is no one is forcing people to live in shantyville.  There are enough programs, churches, people who care, for anyone to better themselves.  I would like to see more done in the mental health situation because many of the homeless and those who live in slums are truly in need to a mental facility,  Those are the ones who truly cannot take care of themselves And need help with decent living quarters. Our country has done an abominable job in mental health area.

The point is one chooses to be a slumlord. Someone with low income has few choices where they can afford to live... I know if I owned rental property, I wouldn't be a slumlord. I guess that's why I'm poor, I have a conscience. 

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

The point is one chooses to be a slumlord. Someone with low income has few choices where they can afford to live... I know if I owned rental property, I wouldn't be a slumlord. I guess that's why I'm poor, I have a conscience. 

B/A

Can't say I agree with that last sentence....Money has nothing to do with strength of character, that part is taught.  There are plenty of rich philanthropists who give freely of their time and money, as well as business owners who value their employees first over stock holders.  As always, just my opinion

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Thanks 2

I'll hold out a while on commenting on this "slum lord" accusation....it is the slanted MSM doing the reporting .....and the complaints are coming from what probably mostly liberal leaning citizens who are not fond of Trump or his family...

Common sense says any business owner takes care of his business creating a good reputation.....so....if things have been so bad.....why does this story just surface now?

Logic and common sense go along way if you use them to assess any situation......any bets on it comes to light that this whole hit piece isn't factual?.......     CL

• Thanks 1

In my little corner of America....realtors are almost always the slumlords.  They snap up sheriff sale properties and rent them out at unreasonable rates while ignoring the upkeep until the county health department starts legal proceedings....then they sell the property to the next slumlord and the process starts over.

With the lack of vetting this administration has shown, the chance that Trump knew anything about Kushner owning property in Baltimore before he made his hate tweet is slim.  Just another major gaffe compliments of Donald's social networking.  As always, just my opinion. 

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

How many pesos is that?

B/A

Just checked a currency converter....

47,706,250,000.00 MXN ( Mex pesos)

I know you were just kidding  when asking that question, B/A......

Edited by umbertino
  • Haha 1

If anyone that's lived in major cities knows, there are area's that are not for the faint of heart. You could be traveling in a nice part of said cities and presto just like nite & day it changes 100%. I visit Baltimore many times a year and can attest to what I say. So Trump saying what he said, he's not entirely wrong. Don't condemn the messenger  (Trump), Condemn  the elected officials that over see those area's.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Indraman said:

giphy.gif&ehk=LwCU4mqj2RUslkRWilCEnA

Indy

WOW, It's  been over an hour now and these 2 cats are still at it.  How long do ya think they can keep this up?  As long as the Dems have been using the race card and threatening Trump with impeachment?  Naw, surely these cats have better sense than that.

Edited by learning all i can

6 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

In my little corner of America....realtors are almost always the slumlords.  They snap up sheriff sale properties and rent them out at unreasonable rates while ignoring the upkeep until the county health department starts legal proceedings....then they sell the property to the next slumlord and the process starts over.

With the lack of vetting this administration has shown, the chance that Trump knew anything about Kushner owning property in Baltimore before he made his hate tweet is slim.  Just another major gaffe compliments of Donald's social networking.  As always, just my opinion. 

GO RV, then BV

I know what you say is a general statement & isn't all to the story.....tenants can be just as much to blame, for they can create their own piece of sh*tte hell

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

I'll hold out a while on commenting on this "slum lord" accusation....it is the slanted MSM doing the reporting .....and the complaints are coming from what probably mostly liberal leaning citizens who are not fond of Trump or his family...

Common sense says any business owner takes care of his business creating a good reputation.....so....if things have been so bad.....why does this story just surface now?

Logic and common sense go along way if you use them to assess any situation......any bets on it comes to light that this whole hit piece isn't factual?.......     CL

Just pulled this article from the Baltimore County Maryland website....took about 30 seconds to find.

Image of the Baltimore County Historic Courthouse

Company cited with 200 code violations

Baltimore County Executive Kevin Kamenetz has revealed the existence of more than 200 code violations in apartments owned by the Kushner Cos. in Baltimore County, all accrued in the current calendar year. After threatening to withhold HUD rental payments and levy fines, necessary repairs were made in all but nine properties. Those nine unrepaired properties resulted in withholding of HUD rental payments and issuance of $3,500 in County fines.

“Contrary to the assertions of the Kushner Cos. that they are in compliance with local laws, our inspectors identified and cited more than 200 code violations in properties owned by Jared Kushner," said Baltimore County Executive Kevin Kamenetz. "Repairs were made only after the County threatened to withhold rent or issue fines. And in nine instances, we had to carry through with threatened sanctions. We expect all landlords to comply with the code requirements that protect the health and safety of their tenants, even if the landlord’s father-in-law is President of the United States.”

In a recent statement to the Baltimore Sun, Christine Taylor, a spokeswoman for the Kushner Cos., stated, “We are in compliance with all state and local laws.”

"It is a stretch of truth to assert they are in compliance with all laws when more than 200 code violations were observed by our inspectors in just the past 10 months," said Kamenetz.

Kushner Cos. own 701 HUD-supported units in Baltimore County. Year-to-date, inspectors discovered 173 failures to meet standards. Only when HUD funds were threatened to be withheld were necessary repairs made. In six cases, HUD payments were withheld by the County in order to mandate the repairs.

In other Kushner owned units, County inspectors issued 35 correction notices. Necessary repairs were made to all but three properties, where fines were issued totaling $3,500. Five new complaints were recently received and are still under investigation by County code inspectors.

“Baltimore County will continue to be vigilant it its effort to ensure that residents of Mr. Kushner’s properties have healthy and safe places to live,” concluded Kamenetz.

Kushner Cos. owns 13 apartment complexes in Baltimore County: Carriage Hill, Carroll Park, Charlesmont, Commons at White Marsh, Cove Village, Essex Park, Fontana Village, Gwynn Oaks Landing, Harbor Point Estates, Highland Village Townhomes, Morningside Park, Riverview Townhomes, and Whispering Woods.

https://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/News/BaltimoreCountyNow/jared-kushner-owned-company-fined-as-negligent-property-owner-in-baltimore-county

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

If anyone that's lived in major cities knows, there are area's that are not for the faint of heart. You could be traveling in a nice part of said cities and presto just like nite & day it changes 100%. I visit Baltimore many times a year and can attest to what I say. So Trump saying what he said, he's not entirely wrong. Don't condemn the messenger  (Trump), Condemn  the elected officials that over see those area's.

True....there were people huddled under tarps tied to heat grates across the street from the White House when I was stationed outside D.C. in the 80's.  

GO RV, then BV

41 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Can't say I agree with that last sentence....Money has nothing to do with strength of character, that part is taught.  There are plenty of rich philanthropists who give freely of their time and money, as well as business owners who value their employees first over stock holders.  As always, just my opinion

GO RV, then BV

".....employees over stockholders" IMO 3 parties need to share in the success 1) customer 2) employees & 3) ownership, not in any particular order.

4 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

I know what you say is a general statement & isn't all to the story.....tenants can be just as much to blame, for they can create their own piece of sh*tte hell

No doubt about that.....good landlords process applications and do background checks before they rent any particular property.  My granddad owned a few rental homes and sometimes they would sit empty for months until he found a suitable renter who met his standard.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

True....there were people huddled under tarps tied to heat grates across the street from the White House when I was stationed outside D.C. in the 80's.  

GO RV, then BV

I lived in DC area "70's to early "80's......downtown DC & Baltimore were NOT pretty sites....hmmmmm I wonder where all that taxpayer monies went?

3 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

No doubt about that.....good landlords process applications and do background checks before they rent any particular property.  My granddad owned a few rental homes and sometimes they would sit empty for months until he found a suitable renter who met his standard.

GO RV, then BV

scum landlords/tenants  & elected official.....nice recipe for disaster

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, caz1104 said:

".....employees over stockholders" IMO 3 parties need to share in the success 1) customer 2) employees & 3) ownership, not in any particular order.

Agreed again.  I made my statement having known far too many successful business owners who feel their responsibility to their employees for  loyalty and hard work ends on regular pay days.  Not saying they owe more, just hinting that perks from time to time boost morale and loyalty even more.

GO RV, then BV

• Confused 1

on a side note....I'm always amazed when sport athletes complain about wanting a bigger piece of the profits than owners.......my answer, slice everything in half not just profits. Also I'd like to see them work off incentive 1year contracts instead of guarantees....u know like the majority of working folks

1 minute ago, caz1104 said:

on a side note....I'm always amazed when sport athletes complain about wanting a bigger piece of the profits than owners.......my answer, slice everything in half not just profits. Also I'd like to see them work off incentive 1year contracts instead of guarantees....u know like the majority of working folks

I get what you say.....the difference is, the athletes are the product, even bad teams make money for the most part......whereas factory type workers are anonymous builders of products.  That said, I stopped going to sporting events when $8 dollar fan stands (one free dog and pop) went bye bye....unless I scam free tickets, of course.  

GO RV, then BV