Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Playing that Race Card!

3 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Warning:  Race Card ahead

Image result for trump racist tweet

GO RV, then BV  

Shabs,

Serious question. Racism as defined in the Merriam Dictionary is:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

racism

noun
rac·ism | \ ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi- \

Definition of racism

1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2a : a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
b : a political or social system founded on racism
3 : racial prejudice or discrimination

Definition of racism noun from the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary 

racism noun

[uncountable] (disapproving) Race, Social justice

1. the unfair treatment of people who belong to a different race; violent behavior towards them. a victim of racism. ugly outbreaks of racism. Half a million people held a mass protest against racism last night.
  2. the belief that some races of people are better than others irrational racism

Could you explain where in the tweets you used as examples of Trump's racism that is racist. Maybe I am just a simpleton, but I believe that people are spouting things as racism, but does not fit the definition. When people start calling everything as racist, then the actual racism, when it raises its ugly mug, no one seems to recognize it or just become numb to it. Just my 2 cents. 

Edited by Enigma2a
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Enigma2a said:

Shabs,

Serious question. Racism as defined in the Merriam Dictionary is:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

racism

noun
rac·ism | \ ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi- \

Definition of racism

1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2a : a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
b : a political or social system founded on racism
3 : racial prejudice or discrimination

Definition of racism noun from the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary 

racism noun

[uncountable] (disapproving) Race, Social justice

1. the unfair treatment of people who belong to a different race; violent behavior towards them. a victim of racism. ugly outbreaks of racism. Half a million people held a mass protest against racism last night.
  2. the belief that some races of people are better than others irrational racism

Could you explain where in the tweets you used as examples of Trump's racism that is racist. Maybe I am just a simpleton, but I believe that people are spouting things as racism, but does not fit the definition. When people start calling everything as racist, then the actual racism, when it raises its ugly mug, no one seems to recognize it or just become numb to it. Just my 2 cents. 

It has been deemed by some on this forum (sorry, don't have a link) that by merely playing the race card, said player of the race card is the actual racist.....If this is truly the belief, then Donald's tweets fit their definition.  I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy.

GO RV, then BV

30 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

It has been deemed by some on this forum (sorry, don't have a link) that by merely playing the race card, said player of the race card is the actual racist.....If this is truly the belief, then Donald's tweets fit their definition.  I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy.

GO RV, then BV

The problem is you are trying to fit the definition to the tweet and not the other way around. Again how is this a race card or you showing that the people he is discussing in the tweet are racist by what Trump is pointing out. This is the reason no one can sit down and actually have a serious conversation, because everyone tries to spin everything instead of actually taking it at face value. Always trying to infer what is said instead of actually looking at what was actually said. Where is Trump discriminating against a race? He pointed out the racist comments that Spike Lee said in Spikes comments, nothing discriminatory there. Just shining a light on Spike Lee racist comments. He pointed to Jussie Smollett, who perpetrated a fake hate crime in hopes to cause racial tensions. Trump asked him to apologize for his insensitive behavior to the racist comment and actions that Smollett created. No discrimination or racism there. There is no context to the third item you posted, so one can not determine if it is a racist statement or a use of a race card. Everything is based on ones perspective. My comments are based on how I read and understand the items you provided. I do not believe them to be racist or either Trump using them as a race card. If you see racism in those tweets, what does that state towards your perception of Trump. If you are predisposed to see racism, then that is all you will see. I do not see anyone calling out the Lefts' s usage of racism on whites, White Nationalism when swept with a broad paint brush is in essence racism. Do you support that racism when it fits your ideals? The reason I ask, is because you have used those words in this forum, not this thread.

Edited by Enigma2a
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Enigma2a said:

, because everyone tries to spin everything instead of actually taking it at face value

Shabbs is a silver toung expert at Spinning words. But just one conversation with him about the Bible and you will clearly see he's incapable of taking anything at face value. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Shabbs is a silver toung expert at Spinning words. But just one conversation with him about the Bible and you will clearly see he's incapable of taking anything at face value. 

Old or New Testament?.....I'm guessing New, as most including myself, don't have the stomach for Old Testament face value retribution.  ;)

GO V, then BV

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

Old or New Testament?.....I'm guessing New, as most including myself, don't have the stomach for Old Testament face value retribution.  ;)

GO V, then BV

The Whole testament it is what it is. The word of God. Your statement indicates a liberal Christian theology. Which is extremely flawed in that it negates the wisdom of the Holy Spirit. Liberal Christian theology focuses more on the sins of men and women and not so much on the justice judgement and mercy of God.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

The Whole testament it is what it is. The word of God. Your statement indicates a liberal Christian theology. Which is extremely flawed in that it negates the wisdom of the Holy Spirit. Liberal Christian theology focuses more on the sins of men and women and not so much on the justice judgement and mercy of God.

My Christian beliefs are extremely flawed.....okay then, got it, thanks.   

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious

10 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

My Christian beliefs are extremely flawed.....okay then, got it, thanks.   

GO RV, then BV

You know I understand how touchy the subject can be. So please forgive me in what I consider to be brutal honesty. But what I don't understand it's how you could never even consider the possibility that you might be wrong. Not legitimately. Every single time you or anyone here has told me I was wrong I would spend several hours and sometimes days self analyzing what I did. I always do this in order to become a better person but you won't even consider doing so. How is that?

• Upvote 3