Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Twitter Post, YES please continue / No please stop

MyLadiesDaddy

Twitter Post, Yes or No  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Vote YES if you're NOT offended and want me to CONTINUE / Vote NO if my Twitter post offend you and you want me to stop

• yes
    • no
    • Should all Twitter post be regulated to one section

So it has come to my attention that a few here are seemingly greatly offended that I post several Twitter links in my 

effort to bring over a different news and opinion perspective. Personally I believe that this is just an effort to silence 

anyone that disagrees with their thoughts but then someone that I know to be honorable also gave a negative take on the 

sourcing of my post. 

So I've decided to put it to a vote. I'm humbly asking everyone to take the poll and tell me what you think of my use of 

Conservative post from Twitter.

If you are offended and want me to stop then please vote NO

If you like the alternative source of information then post YES.

Also if you have any comments on the subject I would love to read them below.:tiphat:

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Although I can't speak for you or anyone else, I haven't heard of any DV members being offended by pages and pages of tweets.......I was simply trying to help you out.  A "Tweet Forum" would be an easy place for people to go to see all of the tweets.  I don't know if that is somehow against the rules as far as promoting another business entity such as Twitter....but if it's deemed to be okay, it would certainly be helpful to know where to go for all of the tweets on this site.  So, I must abstain from the vote as I believe the voting options don't correctly inform the voter.   As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

53 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Although I can't speak for you or anyone else, I haven't heard of any DV members being offended by pages and pages of tweets.......I was simply trying to help you out.  A "Tweet Forum" would be an easy place for people to go to see all of the tweets.  I don't know if that is somehow against the rules as far as promoting another business entity such as Twitter....but if it's deemed to be okay, it would certainly be helpful to know where to go for all of the tweets on this site.  So, I must abstain from the vote as I believe the voting options don't correctly inform the voter.   As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

So now you telling me how to word my poll :wacko:

Just to please you...... 

Anyone thinking there should be a section for all Twitter post please say so here.

• Thanks 2

Wow how things have changed.... Suddenly the Trumpkins who have always called Trump non-supporters snowflakes and buttercups and acted as though they were weak are now the crybabies.... It's like we live in Bizarro Land.... Personally your posting tweets just pours gasoline of the conspiracy theories that abound. Most of the tweets are simply people spreading hate and displaying intolerance. They don't really add anything and certainly do not demonstrate the fabric of what makes America the greatest country in the world... They actually portray weakness from a bunch of wannabes living in the cesspool of social media.... JMHO

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 3

LGD, you ask for a response as to why or why not so I will voice mine.  I personally  do not tweet or do face book simply  because I have found too much personal feelings and stuff about another's life that I do not care to know or read about.  People, like here give their most off base opinions knowing that there will be no consequences.   Respect of others opinions is rarely shown and it all about "me".   Many of the threads on dv that have tweets I rarely read because I just don't  care for outsiders opinions.  Your tweets have not deterred me from reading certain threads but I just don't  take the time to read them....It does not matter to me one way or another if you keep tweeting  or not.  I say if you enjoy taking that time to do so then by all means continue, if it is a hassle for ya then let it go.....Its your prerogative.  I stand neutral on this poll.

• Thanks 6

10 minutes ago, learning all i can said:

LGD, you ask for a response as to why or why not so I will voice mine.  I personally  do not tweet or do face book simply  because I have found too much personal feelings and stuff about another's life that I do not care to know or read about.  People, like here give their most off base opinions knowing that there will be no consequences.   Respect of others opinions is rarely shown and it all about "me".   Many of the threads on dv that have tweets I rarely read because I just don't  care for outsiders opinions.  Your tweets have not deterred me from reading certain threads but I just don't  take the time to read them....It does not matter to me one way or another if you keep tweeting  or not.  I say if you enjoy taking that time to do so then by all means continue, if it is a hassle for ya then let it go.....Its your prerogative.  I stand neutral on this poll.

Thank You, I respect your opinion :tiphat:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Go ahead and show the tweets.  I know how hard it is to get the other side of an issue. Yes the tweets will be biased but so is the National Media.  I’m a big boy and I like to read both sides and make up my own mind.  Instead of censoring something if you don’t like the tweets don’t read them.  

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

LGD, I know that you and others on this forum go at it pretty hard from time to time, as some definitely have your number. I myself have had some pretty lengthy and drawn out arguments as well. All I can say is that you must never let the Twitter World or other Social Media sites like DV draw you in to where it consumes you.

You strike me as a very passionate and Godly man who loves his family and his Country. When this thing is over I would love to meet you and many others on this forum, even including AM himself.

As for the counter or opposing views on this forum and how to deal with them, I always try to give them the benefit of the doubt that although their viewpoints rarely align with mine, they are coming from a different perspective, but their intentions are pure. I wish them no harm but only try to persuade with facts and reasoning. I always try to be respectful (although I feel there have been several times where I have possibly stepped over a line that required an apology).

So in conclusion, get in, express your beliefs respectfully with facts and reasoning, then get out. Your Family, your relationship with God, and your job are the most important things you can take care of day-to-day.

Indy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

They don't really add anything and certainly do not demonstrate the fabric of what makes America the greatest country in the world... They actually portray weakness from a bunch of wannabes living in the cesspool of social media.... JMHO

To be fair both Reps and Dem supporters are all over social media crying, whining, and begging people to follow them or agree with them.  

Many of the tweets that LGD posts have direct quotes from some of the Squad that never get reported by the National Media.  It’s good to actually know what they are saying. That is not crying, that is fact 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Go ahead and show the tweets.  I know how hard it is to get the other side of an issue. Yes the tweets will be biased but so is the National Media.  I’m a big boy and I like to read both sides and make up my own mind.  Instead of censoring something if you don’t like the tweets don’t read them.  

Believe it or not....DV is my only social media interaction.  I used to be on facebook to keep track of our son and his college escapades, as well as, reconnecting with long lost Army buddies....but the negative far outweighed the positive, so I kicked it to the curb.  I've never been on Twitter or Snapchat or whatever else is available and have no desire do so.  My intention here was not to cause a ruckus....I was simply thinking in terms of the Music Forum and it's purpose, nothing more.  I apologize to all if my intentions were misconstrued as some sort of attack on free speech....for, I served my country to protect those constitutionally protected rights.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 5

.It does not matter to me one way or another if you keep tweeting  or not.  I say if you enjoy taking that time to do so then by all means continue, if it is a hassle for ya then let it go.....Its your prerogative.  I stand neutral on this poll.

End Quote

Same as above  for me.....

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Believe it or not....DV is my only social media interaction.  I used to be on facebook to keep track of our son and his college escapades, as well as, reconnecting with long lost Army buddies....but the negative far outweighed the positive, so I kicked it to the curb.  I've never been on Twitter or Snapchat or whatever else is available and have no desire do so.  My intention here was not to cause a ruckus....I was simply thinking in terms of the Music Forum and it's purpose, nothing more.  I apologize to all if my intentions were misconstrued as some sort of attack on free speech....for, I served my country to protect those constitutionally protected rights.

GO RV, then BV

@Shabibilicious,

I have never felt that you were trying to stop any speech on this forum, but you surely give a very strong argument for left of center viewpoints. As you have stated, you served for all views to be freely and openly shared, no matter how crazy they might be. For that reason, you will always have my respect.

Your American friend from the RIGHT,

Indy

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

for, I served my country to protect those constitutionally protected rights

As did I. Apology accepted. 

47 minutes ago, Indraman said:

LGD, I know that you and others on this forum go at it pretty hard from time to time, as some definitely have your number. I myself have had some pretty lengthy and drawn out arguments as well. All I can say is that you must never let the Twitter World or other Social Media sites like DV draw you in to where it consumes you.

You strike me as a very passionate and Godly man who loves his family and his Country. When this thing is over I would love to meet you and many others on this forum, even including AM himself.

As for the counter or opposing views on this forum and how to deal with them, I always try to give them the benefit of the doubt that although their viewpoints rarely align with mine, they are coming from a different perspective, but their intentions are pure. I wish them no harm but only try to persuade with facts and reasoning. I always try to be respectful (although I feel there have been several times where I have possibly stepped over a line that required an apology).

So in conclusion, get in, express your beliefs respectfully with facts and reasoning, then get out. Your Family, your relationship with God, and your job are the most important things you can take care of day-to-day.

Indy

That is one of the best post and suggestions I've ever read.

I like to debate ,obviously and I have no problem with what I like to call vigorous debate. Though I am growing less and less patient with liberal thinking. I value as one of the highest commodities of the human existence the ability to respectfully say what one wishes to say. This is the essence of free speech and the spirit of Freedom itself. Before I joined Dinar Vets I had never been on any social media platform, ever. And indeed my growth here has been arduous and quite painful at times because of my lack of experience in communicating through this fashion.

People know, and I am told often wonder about my great affection for the person we know as @Adam Montana.

My passionate affection for this person is founded in something I learned early on here at Dinar Vets. Adams love and defense of respectful free speech is without question the strongest I have ever witnessed anywhere or in any person. He has shown over the years that respectful free speech is the core Foundation of his personality when dealing with the public. That is why I joined DinarVets, started posting and growing in my communication skills.

I personally I like to think of this growth as something that is lifelong and will never stop. We must all strive each and every day to be a better person then we were the day before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Totally agree Indy.  Well stated

It looks like we have gotten to the point that it is ok to disagree, and hopefully we can stop the name calling and snarky, disrespectful comments.  State your views and we can hopefully have a civil debate on the issues.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Indraman said:

@Shabibilicious,

I have never felt that you were trying to stop any speech on this forum, but you surely give a very strong argument for left of center viewpoints. As you have stated, you served for all views to be freely and openly shared, no matter how crazy they might be. For that reason, you will always have my respect.

Indy

Love your post, Indy...Reminds me of the famous statement by Voltaire  ..."I disagree with what you have to say, sir, but I will defend, to the death, your right to say it."

That being one of the pillars of DEMOCRACY .....JMVHO

Please Gentlemen and Ladies on the Left, Right and Center...Take note....Thanks in advance...

We can do without negs, given the will of doing so.....A form of personal inner growth somehow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltaire

Edited by umbertino
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Indraman said:

@Shabibilicious,

Indy

I appreciate the kind words, Indy.....the respect is mutual.

Your crazy American friend from the LEFT,  ;)

Shabs

• Upvote 3