Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana Weekly 24 July 2019

Adam Montana

12 hours ago, Pitcher said:

Fly out to Amarillo and try the Big Texan Steak Ranch challenge.  It’s only a 72 oz hunk of meat. Haha.  We drove up their one weekend when I was in college to see if we could do it. There was 6 of us in a VW Van, got to the Ranch and ordered up 6, 72 oz steaks.  No one finished and most of us got ill.  I ate about 38 Oz.  One gut got to about 50 and last place was about 20 oz.  Great times.  

Forgot about that place, I have not been there in years, back then if I remember right that steak was around $80.00 that was back in the 70s . Great place to eat! I didn’t order the Texan! I knew I could not eat it all.🤠

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Miamiheatnic said:

High level delegation visit to Erbil with the Kurdistan region along with new CBI gov and the other positive news.  I said it's not that far out now.  Truly...I can see this really happening anytime and I'll remain on high alert too. :D

RIGHT!  After news came out they were packing it up and no more meetings. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/24/2019 at 9:42 AM, Adam Montana said:

With an RV of 1:1 with the US dollar, the Lawn Fertilization Department now has 1 million USD, which is probably overfunded at that rate and wouldn't make sense, right?

This is an incorrect statement.  The Lawn Fertilization Department allocated 1 million IQD would have 1 million IQD after an RV, not 1 million USD.  Let's assume the RV rate isn't a par exchange but rather 1 dinar is equal to one US penny (as you have claimed the RV will happen at awhile back). In your example the Lawn Fertilization Company would be way underfunded. Does that make sense? Not in the slightest sense.

Let's try to understand why this does not make sense by looking at the one dollar bill in the United States. If I took that one dollar bill anywhere in the United States and asked it be exchanged to pennies, no matter the bank I would get 100 pennies. Now if I were to take that one dollar bill to a bank in the EU, I would get only 90 cents for it (not counting the transaction fee).

A dinar in Iraq is going to be worth a dinar in Iraq. If I take two 25K notes and exchanged it for a higher value note  I would get 50K dinar note, no matter what the worth of the dinar was to the USD or Euro or any other currency. However, in your example I would be getting far less than 50K dinar should the worth of the dollar be higher than the dinar. Inside of Iraq the dinar won't change value, a dinar will be worth a dinar will be worth a dinar. The owner of the goods and services will then decide upon how many of those dinars they need in exchange for their goods and services based on various factors and conditions. Only when the dinar is taken out of the country or exchanged for another currency does it hold leverage, positive or negative, against another currency. The Lawn Fertilization Department allocated 1 million dinar before the RV will still hold 1 million dinar after the RV. Only when the Lawn Fertilization Department does business in the dollar or does business outside of Iraq would the statement hold that a par exchange happen, but only for the transaction amount not for the full budgeted amount. The department would not be overfunded based on the exchange rate.It might be over-/underfunded in other ways but the analogy you used in this example is simply not true. This is one of the reasons why Iraq will more than likely de-dollarize along with the RV once the dinar has been reinstated into the global currency market. From an outside perspective we view the 1 million dinars in terms of dollars because we are familiar with what one dollar is worth. 

My other thoughts about this subject:

When Iraq reinstates their currency back into the global currency market before it RVs, I have a strong opinion that circulated dinar will not be allowed outside of Iraq and current circulated currency will have a very short echange period. I have been waiting for this to appear in news articles because it would make sense at the time of RV and exchange. However, the issue becomes what to do with circulated dinar currently held outside of Iraq. Iraq clears this by replacing the current denominations with the new. The question has been asked several times on the window of exchange period. For circulated currency, I speculate 1 to 3 (really pushing it) months maximum. Uncirculated currency would be the 10 years, maybe. This issue has always bugged me and why I have stuck to uncirculated dinar.

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 4

Thanks very much for your update Adam- and thanks for your acknowledgement and comment regarding my recent post. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoy reading - and learning - from your comments as well as those from many others on DV- which is not just one of the best sites there could possibly be in regards to the Dinar, but one of the best community oriented sites in general on the net-

Go RV!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Adam Montana said:

The Lawn Fertilization Department allocated 1 million IQD would have 1 million IQD after an RV, not 1 million USD...

The incorrect statement is that Iraq doesn't have a Lawn Fertilization Department. It's a SAND Fertilization Dept. They have no lawns in Iraq.

• Haha 12
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Pitcher said:

Fly out to Amarillo and try the Big Texan Steak Ranch challenge.  It’s only a 72 oz hunk of meat. Haha.  We drove up their one weekend when I was in college to see if we could do it. There was 6 of us in a VW Van, got to the Ranch and ordered up 6, 72 oz steaks.  No one finished and most of us got ill.  I ate about 38 Oz.  One gut got to about 50 and last place was about 20 oz.  Great times.  

It’s no steak... it’s basically a freaking roast. Haha

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, keylime said:

The incorrect statement is that Iraq doesn't have a Lawn Fertilization Department. It's a SAND Fertilization Dept. They have no lawns in Iraq.

Skyline, that is why I like your input. You think outside the sand box.  

• Haha 7
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• tjokie locked this topic