Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The appointment of a new governor of the Central Bank and a head of the Financial Control Bureau

yota691

I like this man’s credentials!!! Surely, this is a big step forward for us.😊🙏

Biography - Ali Abdul Amir Allawi
Ali Abdul Amir Allawi
Mr Allawi has spent most of his life outside Iraq
Ali Abdul-Amir Allawi spent almost three years at the centre of power in Iraq. 

He was Minister of Trade and Minister of Defence in the Interim Iraq Governing Council from September 2003 to 2004. 

He was also Minister of Finance in the Iraqi Transitional Government from 2005 to 2006. He survived two attempts on his life. 

In the end he became disillusioned with politics in Iraq and left government. He decided to write a book to try to understand why Iraq has ended up in its current condition. 

"The Occupation of Iraq - Winning the War: Losing the Peace" was published earlier this year. 

In it he says, "The situation in Iraq is complex, dangerous and fraught with poor alternatives. But it is not hopeless."

Mr Allawi is Shia and was born in Baghdad in 1947 but has spent most of his life in exile. 

He first left Iraq in 1958. His family had been deeply involved in the politics of the kingdom but found themselves on the wrong side of the 14th of July revolution. 

After the Ba'ath Party came to power in 1968 he knew a return to Iraq would be impossible. He opposed Saddam Hussein's rule from afar. 

He went to school in the UK and graduated from MIT in the United States with a BSc in Civil Engineering. 

After completing an MBA from Harvard University he worked in international development for the World Bank. He co-founded the Arab International Finance merchant bank in 1978. 

In 1992 he founded the Fisa Group which manages hedge funds. Between 1999 and 2002 he was a Senior Associate at St Antony's College, Oxford. 

A few hours after the attacks of 11 September, 2001, Mr Allawi predicted that the Americans would overthrow the Taliban; begin a 'war' on radical Islam and get rid of Saddam Hussein. 

After his predictions came true, his hopes for a democratic, stable Iraq were dashed. He blames the "incoherence of the American 'project' and the incompetence of the new Iraqi political order." 

In his book Mr Allawi offers some solutions. 

He recommends some devolution of power to the regions in Iraq. 

He also says some sort of economic and political integration is necessary in the region as a whole. 

And he says independent authorities need to be set up to take charge of the reconstruction projects and security. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Can’t help but wonder how long it’s gonna take to complete this position... AND will we see a “ delay “ because this New CBI Gov. will have to be “ brought up to speed “ before any thoughts of the RI/RV WOULD be entertained.

Then again, maybe the plan all along was 2020, anyway.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Bama Girl said:

I like this man’s credentials!!! Surely, this is a big step forward for us

nice compilation B girl , i looked for years for any type of financial or management skills for Alak and found nothing , agree this is a improvement for iraq and just maybe the guy that can get us all outa here :twothumbs: 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Can’t help but wonder how long it’s gonna take to complete this position... AND will we see a “ delay “ because this New CBI Gov. will have to be “ brought up to speed “ before any thoughts of the RI/RV WOULD be entertained.

Then again, maybe the plan all along was 2020, anyway.

10 that's what I've been thinking since the end of last year. I actually told a buddy of mine who is also invested last December that 2020 was going to end the year. From everything that I had been reading and the language that they were using, 2019 wasn't part of the conversation. 

I can wait. Just took a position with a new company And I'm digging the new gig. I'm hoping it's the best job I ever had to quit, lol.

that said, it wouldn't break my heart if it happened tomorrow.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 3n1 said:

nice compilation B girl , i looked for years for any type of financial or management skills for Alak and found nothing , agree this is a improvement for iraq and just maybe the guy that can get us all outa here :twothumbs: 

Anyone is better than someone malarki picked.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, screwball said:

I though they were taking a break?

Yeah that's the disinformation that we were given a couple of days ago. But they're still obviously working. I think we'll see some more surprises, they are keeping a lot close to the vest they don't want the public to know yet.

• Thanks 4

19 hours ago, mr.unlikely said:

10 that's what I've been thinking since the end of last year. I actually told a buddy of mine who is also invested last December that 2020 was going to end the year. From everything that I had been reading and the language that they were using, 2019 wasn't part of the conversation. 

I can wait. Just took a position with a new company And I'm digging the new gig. I'm hoping it's the best job I ever had to quit, lol.

that said, it wouldn't break my heart if it happened tomorrow.

Dang ! just catching up here Mr. U - Reckon i share your sentiments for a 2020. Appears to be the case; and January 2020 would be great, so long as there's no more sandbagging. if so - then it's gloves off, a declaration of war and I invade. Chuck Norris and the whole Expendables Bunch have agreed if push comes to shove - We're Shoving.

Good to hear about your new position . . .don't get too comfy. We sure don't wanna here you saying stuff like those folks that win millions on the Lottery - " Oh I love it here, we're family - I think i'll stay on the job " :facepalm::lol: 

Have great weekend Mr. U :tiphat:

10YL+6&:rocking-chair:

• Haha 2

On 7/25/2019 at 10:35 PM, screwball said:

I though they were taking a break?

Much deserved break, of course. But when they 'extended' for another month (to tackle all those IMPORTANT laws) they stated the session would end August 3rd and resume September 3rd. (too hot in the cafeteria for food fights, apparently)

;)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Parliamentary Finance calls for postponement of the vote on the candidates of the posts of the Governor of the Bank and the Board of Control

Parliamentary Finance calls for postponement of the vote on the candidates of the posts of the Governor of the Bank and the Board of Control

30 June 2019 - 9:30 p

BAGHDAD / The Finance Committee in the House of Representatives, a request to the President of the House of Representatives Mohammed Halbusi, to postpone the vote on the candidates of the posts of the Governor of the Central Bank and the President of the Office of Financial Supervision.

The network "Iraq News", a letter issued by the Chairman of the Finance Committee Haitham Jubouri Dated 29/6/2019, included a request addressed to Halabousi to postpone the vote on the candidates of the posts of the Governor of the Central Bank and the President of the Office of Financial Supervision, among the reasons that the delay came to see the potential candidates and plans to develop the work of those important institutions. 

Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi on Wednesday (June 26, 2019) sent the names of candidates for positions of special grades, including the Governor of the Central Bank to the House of Representatives after approval by the Council of Ministers. And got (Baghdad today) a document issued by Abdul Mahdi and addressed to Parliament, including the names of candidates to the positions of special grades, after the approval of the Council of Ministers in its meeting last Tuesday, and the names are: Ali Abdul Amir Allawi for the post of governor of the Central Bank of Iraq, Salah Nouri Khalaf for the post of head of the Financial Control Bureau, Mohamed Abdel Hadi Mohamed Taqi El Hakim for the post of advisor to the Prime Minister, Fayadh Hassan Nema for the post of Undersecretary of the Ministry of Oil, Hamid Yunis Saleh Al Zobaie for the post of Undersecretary of the Ministry of Oil and Adel Karim Kak Ahmed for the post of Undersecretary of the Ministry of Industry.

Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi "We will proceed with the steps to vote on these grades in turn, without quotas despite the attempts to impose some names, but we stopped all this and we went without a quota," he said on Tuesday (25 June 2019). Ali Abdel Amir Allawi for the post of Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq, Salah Nuri Khalaf for the post of Chief of the Financial Supervisory Bureau, and Mohamed Abdel Hadi Mohamed Taqi Hakim for the post of adviser to the Prime Minister, Fayadh Hassan Nema for the post of Undersecretary of the Ministry of Oil, and Hamid Yunis Saleh Zobaie for the post of Undersecretary of the Ministry of Oil, (25 June 2019), the vote on seventy general managers of all special grades, adding, "We will proceed with the steps to vote on these grades successively, and without quotas despite attempts to impose Some of the names, but we stopped all this and a flashlight Without quotas.

" Ali Abdel Amir Allawi for the post of Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq, Salah Nuri Khalaf for the post of Chief of the Financial Supervisory Bureau, and Mohamed Abdel Hadi Mohamed Taqi Hakim for the post of adviser to the Prime Minister, Fayadh Hassan Nema for the post of Undersecretary of the Ministry of Oil, and Hamid Yunis Saleh Zobaie for the post of Undersecretary of the Ministry of Oil, (25 June 2019), the vote on seventy general managers of all special grades, adding, "We will proceed with the steps to vote on these grades successively, and without quotas despite attempts to impose Some of the names, but we stopped all this and a flashlight Without quotas. "

7777-1.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, 2fast4u2c said:

The post ponement req was from last session in June.  President of the House urged publicly a couple days ago to implement Art 140, vote on CBI Gov and vote on Oil Gas Law.....Hopefully he gets them to pass all the above

Looks like we are seeing Article 140 unfold before our eyes....And then this:  Things are heating up baby...!!

Deputy: hosting the ministers of finance and oil and the head of the Court of Control next Wednesday

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/175772/نائب-استضافة-وزيري-المالية-والنفط-ورئيس-ديوان-الرقابة-الاربعاء-المقبل

2019/07/30 16:55

BAGHDAD / MP: Yousef al-Kalabi, on Tuesday, July 30, 2019, announced the determination of the presidency of the House of Representatives, a date to host the ministers of finance and the intelligence and the head of the Financial Control Bureau, next Wednesday, to contravene article ten of the budget law, concerning the region and the center.

"The Iraqi people will ask for accurate figures and new information for the first time, until there is a fair distribution of wealth," Al-Kalabi told a news conference.

He continued: "Must go tomorrow to establish a new phase of managing the money in Iraq, will inform the Iraqi people on the facts, some of which will be shocking."

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Miamiheatnic said:

Looks like we are seeing Article 140 unfold before our eyes....And then this:  Things are heating up baby...!!

Deputy: hosting the ministers of finance and oil and the head of the Court of Control next Wednesday

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/175772/نائب-استضافة-وزيري-المالية-والنفط-ورئيس-ديوان-الرقابة-الاربعاء-المقبل

BAGHDAD / MP: Yousef al-Kalabi, on Tuesday, July 30, 2019, announced the determination of the presidency of the House of Representatives, a date to host the ministers of finance and the intelligence and the head of the Financial Control Bureau, next Wednesday, to contravene article ten of the budget law, concerning the region and the center.

"The Iraqi people will ask for accurate figures and new information for the first time, until there is a fair distribution of wealth," Al-Kalabi told a news conference.

He continued: "Must go tomorrow to establish a new phase of managing the money in Iraq, will inform the Iraqi people on the facts, some of which will be shocking."

Nicely done!

B/A

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Miamiheatnic said:

They need to bring it and close this out. 

• Like 2