Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iran declares its readiness to return to all its obligations under the nuclear agreement

yota691

%D8%A7%D9%8A%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86-4-300x200

CAIRO - Saudi Arabia's Energy Minister Khaled al-Falih on Tuesday met with his US counterpart Rick Perry in Washington.

"I met in Washington on Tuesday with the US Secretary of Energy," Falih wrote on his Twitter account.

He added that the meeting "addressed the concerns of the two countries about threats to freedom of navigation in the Arabian Gulf. We have confirmed our determination to work together to ensure the security of global energy supplies. ”

Al-Falih said that the two sides also discussed the situation of the oil market, and stressed the Kingdom's keenness on its stability, especially as it is a reliable supplier of crude oil in the world.

The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), Russia and some non-member producers, known as the OPEC + alliance, have been cutting oil supplies since 2017 to prevent falling prices.

Saudi Arabia previously called on the international community to take deterrent measures against Iran for violating international law in international maritime freedom, stressing its rejection of Iran's actions and violations of international law, including the interception of civilian ships, including the detention of the British ship in the Arabian Gulf.

Washington is seeking to form an alliance to protect shipping in the Gulf region amid rising tensions with Iran.

Tensions have been running high since US President Donald Trump last year pulled out of a 2015 nuclear deal with Iran under which she agreed to curtail its nuclear program in exchange for lifting economic sanctions that paralyze its economy.

The foreign ministers of Britain, France and Germany agreed to "work together to ensure maritime security in the Strait of Hormuz."

Diplomatic sources believe that the establishment of international military alliances and resort to other ports for the export of oil will increase the cost of commercial operations, not to mention the cost of moving international fleets towards the region, while the intersection of diplomatic, security and military efforts to address the Iranian situation may be less expensive and more secure to ensure international shipping in the long term .

The Arabs

• Upvote 2

%D9%81%D8%B1%D9%86%D8%B3%D8%A7-300x170.j

France has called for a constructive regional dialogue in the Gulf on maritime security, and renewed its call on Iran to return to full compliance with the nuclear deal, saying it is a necessary political element to reduce tension.

In a statement commenting on Britain's announcement to join a US naval mission to secure shipping in the Gulf, the French Foreign Ministry called for a constructive regional dialogue in the Gulf on maritime security.

Paris also called on the Iranian authorities to launch the British tanker as soon as possible, noting that freedom of maritime navigation is an element in the regional security of world trade.

She explained that she would continue discussions with her partners to find practical and diplomatic solutions in order to avoid escalation of the region and strengthen security conditions in the Gulf.

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and French President Emmanuel Macron stressed in a telephone conversation the need to continue dialogue and seek ways to reduce tension in the region and maintain freedom of navigation, the Fars news agency reported on Wednesday.

It quoted Rouhani as saying that "there are continuing American provocative attempts, and that France, as one of Iran's oldest partners, can play a role in calming the atmosphere in the region and the world."

For his part, Macron assured Rouhani of France's commitment to the nuclear agreement, and welcomed his proposal to consult between experts of the two countries to find appropriate solutions to regional and international issues.

Israeli participation 
On the other hand, revealed the Israeli news website "E24 News" that Tel Aviv will participate in maritime security in the Gulf in response to a US request.

He pointed out that Israeli Foreign Minister Yisrael Katz revealed before the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Security Committee that Israel is part of the US plan that calls for the security of maritime navigation in the Gulf waters in terms of security and intelligence.

Katz said during the session that the decision to participate in securing navigation in the Gulf is a clear Israeli interest, as well as a strategy to rein in Iran and strengthen relations between Israel and the Gulf states, he said.

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced yesterday that Washington had asked 60 countries to join an international coalition to secure navigation in the Strait of Hormuz, without talking about the countries that have officially announced their accession.

For his part, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said that the dependence of some Arab countries on Israel to protect it is a wrong policy, because Israel is unable to face the missiles of the resistance factions, and will not be able to ensure the security of these countries, as he put it.

Source: Al Jazeera + Agencies

• Upvote 2

Release Date:: 2019/8/7 16:04 • 10 times read
Tehran: International airports refrain from refueling our planes
[Baghdad-Where] 
TEHRAN - Some international airports have refrained from refueling Iranian planes, Iranian Airlines confirmed Wednesday, saying Tehran was negotiating to resolve the problem. 
Some international airports have refrained from supplying fuel to Iranian planes, the airline's executive director said in a statement on Tuesday, adding that Tehran was negotiating with these airports to solve the problem. 

On the other hand, Russian media confirmed that some Turkish airports refrained from refueling Iranian aircraft, pointing out that Iranian companies had to cancel the tickets of some of their passengers so that they could continue the flight with small quantities of fuel. 

Tehran had earlier filed a complaint with the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) about the refusal of some international airports to refuel Iranian aircraft because of US sanctions. 

The US Treasury warned all countries and airlines of the danger of granting permits or providing services to Iran Air, causing losses to Iranian airlines and a decline in the number of passengers on board.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Umbertino, I am pretty much done with the 2nd Amendment Forum.  There is too much acrimony and nothing gets solved. Everyone has their positions backed up by numerous articles to support their views.  The forum has become repetitive, repugnant, and boring.  I’m not going to blame anyone, I’m just choosing to ignore those that are unreasonable, unbending, and unrelenting.

I’m going to try and keep my energies and my thoughts more to the intended goal of this website, the Dinar and various other investments.  I’ll let smarter people than myself figure out the political landscape.  I have my opinions on politics and I’ve been very open in my numerous posts.  It’s best for me to now let you and the others duke it out on who is correct.  In my opinion arguing to the point where you want to call someone nasty names or even want to deck someone isn’t very constructive, or very decent.   Being disrespectful or arrogant to another for their views is repulsive to me and I know a view times this forum has got me to that point.  That’s not who I believe I truly am and for sure not what I want to be.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

I believe you are correct Chuck. I get irritated with myself for doing dumb things like this.  

You are not the first and you will not be the last.  A week from now it will be ancient history and when this hits everyone will be moving on. I know, i have been there.  

• Upvote 3

British newspaper reveals new details of Israeli strikes on sites in Iraq

Political | 09:05 - 08/08/2019

BAGHDAD - 
The Times newspaper published an article for its Middle East correspondent Richard Spencer under the headline "Israel attacks Shiite factions in its hidden war against Iran", with the start of another war in the Middle East last month. 
The writer quotes a Western diplomat as saying that "Israel has expanded the circle of targeting Iran." 
It is now almost certain that Israeli planes bombed Iraq twice last month, possibly one by a drone, for the first time since its forces destroyed the Iraqi nuclear reactor in 1981. 
"The attacks on the bases they occupy," the writer says. Iranian-backed Shiite factions are opening a new front in a complex game of indefinite attacks and transgression, while wars are almost ending and fading in Syria and Iraq.
The first attack, which targeted a military base used by the Badr Corps in an area near Amerli in Salahuddin province, which included Iranian Revolutionary Guards and Hezbollah battalions, was overshadowed by news of Iran's seizure of a British oil tanker. 
Nine days later, another attack on Camp Ashraf, northeast of Baghdad, belonging to the Badr Brigade led by Hadi al-Amiri, described as "one of the most important political decision-makers in Iraq", leaving more than 40 dead, including members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards. According to regional newspapers, all evidence refers to Israel. 
The writer explains that evidence leaked after the attacks indicated that the first site contained medium-range missiles inside refrigeration trucks and that another shipment of missiles reached the second site from the border with Iran.
The writer says that "Iraq is an important ally of the United States and at the same time has strong relations with Iran as it tries to balance in its relations with the two countries are very rival." 
Israel's top priority is to bomb sites in Syria used by Iran to build a military presence there, and Israeli leaders were quoted as saying that if militia positions and camps in Iraq were used to build an Iranian presence there, they would not be immune from bombing. 
Iran has moved its medium-range missiles (700 km) to cover a range sufficient to strike Tel Aviv from Iraq, according to Spencer. 
"One of his colleagues believes that the missiles were coming from Iran to the Shiite brigades in Iraq," the Badr Brigade and the Hezbollah Brigades, according to the article.
Spencer pointed to Orion's statement to The Times that he had no evidence that Israel carried out the attack, but said: "If Iran tries to build military bases in Iraq, it is more likely that Israel will try to curb them." 
The United States is unlikely to prevent Israel from carrying out such "attacks," US officials were aware of the attack, Israel would continue to carry out attacks on its neighbors if necessary, and it was in no one's interest to say any. Something about it. 29 / a 43

Iran is rushing Iraq to create an oil pipeline that passes its exports away from US sanctions

%D8%A3%D9%86%D8%A8%D9%88%D8%A8-%D9%86%D9%81%D8%B7%D9%8A-%D9%85%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82.jpg

Thursday 08 August 2019

save  Print 

Baghdad - Writings

A Gulf newspaper highlighted warnings by Iraqi political forces of serious consequences for Iraq if it insists on implementing a line to export Iranian oil to Syria through its territory.

The Bahraini newspaper quoted in the issue of Thursday, August 8, 2019, statements by Iraqi MP Faleh al-Issawi, stressing the huge loss to the country if Baghdad agrees to the project, which is discussing details behind the scenes away from the media to revive the Iraqi-Syrian oil pipeline with Iranian support to escape US sanctions by exporting large quantities of Iranian oil to Syria and then to world markets across the Mediterranean.

The report showed that the United States would not stand by as it was decided to re-launch this pipeline in favor of Iran, as well as preparing for decisive positions towards Baghdad if it insisted on its support for Tehran.

The newspaper said that a source in the Iraqi Ministry of Oil revealed that the Iranian pipeline project to Syria through Iraq is basically an idea that stopped in the early eighties of the last century when the Iran-Iraq war broke out, to be re-talked in 2010 when Syria and Iraq signed a memorandum of understanding to export Iraqi oil through Syrian ports.

The project includes two phases, the first includes the export of Iraqi light oil with a capacity of two and a half million barrels per day, and the second includes the export of heavy oil by 1.3 million barrels per day accompanied by a line to export Iraqi gas to Syria.

In 2013, a tripartite agreement was signed between Iraq, Syria and Iran, which includes exporting Iranian gas through Iraq to Syria and then transporting it to Greece and Italy. These projects were not disclosed or talked about by Iraq at official levels, but stopped after the emergence of ISIS.

https://kitabat.com/news/إيران-تستعجل-العراق-لإنشاء-أنبوب-نفط-ي/

Baghdad Post Thursday, 08 August 2019 15:48

Among them adviser «Khamenei» .. Argentina begins to freeze the funds of 7 Iranians for this reason

Khamenei

Argentine authorities have begun taking measures to freeze the funds of seven Iranians, including Ali Akbar Velayati, an adviser to Iranian leader Ali Khamenei for international relations, on charges of involvement in an attack on a Jewish cultural center. 
On July 18, 1994, the attack targeted the building of the Argentine Jewish Association (AMIA), in the capital Buenos Aires, killing 85 people and injuring hundreds. 
According to the Argentine national news agency TELAM, the financial information unit of the country's Treasury has made a formal request to freeze the funds of seven Iranians accused of involvement in the attack. 
The request includes the freezing of the funds of the seven defendants for a period of six months in the first stage and requires its entry into force the approval of Judge Rodolfo Canicoba Corral, who oversees the investigation of the Amia attack.
In July, the Argentine authorities included the Iranians in the list of individuals and institutions associated with terrorism and its financing, formed by decree issued by President Mauricio Macri.

Count

https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/ar/Story/176704/بينهم-مستشار-خامنئي-الأرجنتين-تبدأ-تجميد-أموال-7-إيرانيين-لهذا-السبب

• Haha 1

Economy    
Thursday, August 8, 2019 03:57 PM| Number Of Hits: 22

Despite US sanctions, a new trade agreement between Iraq and Iran

The commercial attaché in Baghdad, Nasser Behzad, announced an agreement with the Iraqi side in the field of developing cooperation in the field of exhibitions between the two countries.

Behzad said in a statement on Thursday that the Iranian International Exhibitions Company has signed a memorandum of understanding with its Iraqi counterpart, which provides for seven axes to develop bilateral cooperation in the field of exhibitions.

He added that the two sides decided within the framework of this agreement to devote opportunities resulting from the establishment of international exhibitions in favor of the development of trade relations between Iran and Iraq.

In mentioning the most important axes included in the agreement, the Iranian Commercial Attaché in Baghdad pointed to "the promotion of Iranian goods and services through the development of exhibition activities, participation and holding international and private exhibitions, in addition to promotional and promotional activities, participation in international conferences, in addition to commercial media activities. He set plans for international exhibitions under the Expo system.

The Iranian and Iraqi sides also agreed to implement the document of cooperation in the development of exhibition activities between them this year, to be extended for another five years, Behzad said.

• Thanks 1

Warnings of a project to export Iranian oil and gas to Syria through Iraq

Political | 12:47 - 09/08/2019

BAGHDAD - 
Political forces in Iraq have warned of the serious consequences Iraq would bear if the Iraqi government adopts a project to export Iranian oil to Syria through Iraq. 
"Iraq will be the biggest loser in a project being discussed in the secret corridors aimed at reviving the Iraqi-Syrian oil pipeline with Iranian support to circumvent US sanctions by exporting large quantities of Iranian oil to Syria and through it to other markets," said Iraqi MP Faleh al-Issawi. 
And Al-Issawi, "Iran's goal of the project is to ease US sanctions by exporting Iranian oil through the Iraqi pipeline," explaining that "Washington will not stand idly by about Iraqi support for Iran at the expense of US interests.
For his part, a source in the Iraqi Oil Ministry said that attempts to revive the Iraqi-Syrian pipeline, which stopped in the early eighties after the outbreak of the Iran-Iraq war began in 2010 when the Syrian and Iraqi sides signed a memorandum of understanding to export Iraqi oil through Syrian ports. 
He said that the project, as revealed by oil experts from both countries, will be in two phases, the first phase includes the export of Iraqi light oil capacity of two and a half million barrels per day, and the second phase includes the export of heavy oil by one million and 300 thousand barrels per day accompanied by a line to export Iraqi gas to Syria . 
In 2013, a tripartite agreement was signed between Iraq, Syria and Iran, which includes exporting Iranian gas through Iraq to Syria and then transporting it to Greece and Italy.
The project also includes the construction of a pipeline from Iran to Iraq, Syria with a capacity of transporting up to 110 million cubic meters of Iranian gas per day. 
The Iraqi government did not officially talk about the project, but political and parliamentary circles in Iraq obtained documented information about it and Iranian pressure on both Syria and Iraq to accelerate its completion.

• Upvote 1

Iran cancels passports of foreigners

Political | 01:55 - 09/08/2019

BAGHDAD scales News 
announced a spokesman for the Iranian Interior Ministry, Salman Samani, on the implementation of the presidential decree not to stamp the passports of foreigners when they enter and exit from Iran at all border ports. 
Samani said on Friday that the presidential decree in this regard has been implemented in all land, sea and air border ports of the country. 
Earlier, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani issued a decree to cancel the entry and exit stamps on passports of foreign nationals. 
Rouhani instructed Interior Minister Abdolreza Rahmani Fazli to take the necessary measures through the internal security forces not to stamp the passports of foreign nationals when entering and leaving the Iranian border ports.

• Thanks 1

132344.jpg?width=750&&height=375

2019/08/09 14:25
  • The number of readings 59
  • Section: Iraq
  •  
  •  

Military expert: Iran will use Russian tactic in case of war with America

Nolan Peterson, a former Special Operations pilot who fought in Iraq and Afghanistan, wrote in the National Interest magazine that Iran would use a very special strategy to attack the United States.

"Iran's attacks on oil tankers in the Gulf are similar in their objectives to the Russian hybrid warfare we have seen in Ukraine and elsewhere," Peterson said.

"The recent military tension between the United States and Iran confirms that we are witnessing a new era of conflict, in which a country's strength on the international stage is no longer measured solely by its economic or military power, not even by its diplomatic influence," some military analysts and analysts say.

Follow the obelisk 

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/176311/خبير-عسكري-ايران-سوف-تستخدم-تكتيكا-روسيا-في-حالة-الحرب-مع-امريكا

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Israel Joins U.S.-Led Coalition To Secure Navigation In Persian Gulf

August 07, 2019

Radio Farda

The British Royal Navy Type 45 destroyer HMS Duncan passes through the Suez canal on its way to Persian Gulf, 28 July 2019. Britain has also joined the U.S. to secure ship traffic.

Israel says it will join the U.S. effort to boost navigation security in the Persian Gulf as international concerns grow about tensions in the area.

According to Israel-based Y-Net news, Israeli Foreign Minister Israel Katz has said on Tuesday August 7 that his country is part of the U.S.-led coalition to protect the security of the Persian Gulf.

Katz further said that Israel is determined to stop Iranian entrenchment in the Middle East region and strengthen Israel's relationship with Gulf countries, Y-Net reported.

Meanwhile, both Katz and Prime Minister Netanyahu have said recently that Israel is improving its ties with the Gulf states including the United Arab Emirates that share Israel's concerns about Iran's regional ambitions.

In another development, the energy minister of Saudi Arabia Khalid A. Al-Falih and his

U.S. counterpart Rick Perry have expressed concern about security of navigation in the Persian Gulf during a meeting in Washington on Tuesday.

Al-Falih tweeted that the two officials agreed that U.S. and Saudi Arabia are determined to maintain security in the region as a requirement for the international supply of energy.

Tensions in the Persian Gulf have been rising in recent months following attacks on shipping by Iran and the downing of a U.S. drone over the Persian Gulf waters.

https://en.radiofarda.com/a/israel-joins-u-s--led-coalition-to-secure-navigation-in-persian-gulf-/30097422.html

IRAN: GULF WATERS ARE AN EXTENSION OF OUR TERRITORY AND ISRAEL'S PRESENCE THERE IS A MAJOR PROVOCATION TO US

Iran: Gulf waters are an extension of our territory and Israel's presence there is a major provocation to us

Friday, August 9, 2019 5:38 PM

Follow - up / National News Center

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Any Israeli role in any naval alliance in the Gulf is a clear threat to Iran's national security and it has the right to confront it, a ministry statement said on Friday.

The ministry stressed that Israel's participation in any maritime alliance in the Gulf is a threat to Iran, which reserves the right to respond within its defense policies, stressing that the Gulf waters are an extension of its territory and that they (Iranians) are obliged to ensure its security and the security of the movement of ships there.

Iranian Defense Minister Amir Hatami said on Thursday that the participation was a "provocative and potentially catastrophic" measure.

He stressed that the US Maritime Alliance under the pretext of protecting maritime navigation will further destabilize security in the region.

Earlier, Israeli Foreign Minister Israel Katz confirmed that Israel is participating in a US-led naval mission to provide navigation security in the Strait of Hormuz, noting that Tel Aviv is providing assistance in the mission in the field of intelligence and other unspecified areas.

Katz said the mission is in Israel's strategic interest in confronting Iran and strengthening ties with the Gulf states, without mentioning whether Israel intends to send naval ships to participate in the mission.

https://nnciraq.com/14423/

Edited by Butifldrm
  • Upvote 2

U.S. WARNS OF GPS INTERFERENCE, COMMUNICATIONS SPOOFING IN PERSIAN GULF

Ships in the area have reported spoofed communications from "unknown entities falsely claiming to be US or coalition warships."

AUGUST 8, 2019 10:00
3 minute read.

A helicopter of Iranian Revolutionary Guard flies over Stena Impero, a British-flagged vessel

The US Department of Transportation warned commercial shipping companies on Wednesday about a list of Iranian threats in the Strait of Hormuz and the Persian Gulf, including GPS interference and communications jamming, CNN reported. 

The warning listed a series of incidents that have occurred involving the Islamic republic since May, including the detention of the British-flagged M/V Stena Impero and the detention and release of the Liberian-flagged M/V Mesdar.
During "at least two" of the recent encounters with Iranian military forces, "vessels reported GPS interference. One vessel reportedly shut off its Automatic Identification System before it was seized, complicating response efforts."

The Stena Impero "turned off its tracker and ignored several warnings by the [Iranian Revolutionary] Guards before being captured," an unnamed military source told Iran's state news agency IRNA, according to Reuters.

Ships in the area have also reported spoofed communications from "unknown entities falsely claiming to be US or coalition warships," according to the warning.

Iran has placed GPS jammers on its Abu Musa Island, located in the Persian Gulf near the entrance to the Strait of Hormuz, a US defense official told CNN.

The jammers were placed at that location in order to disrupt civilian aircraft and ship navigation systems. Iran hoped that ships or planes would mistakenly wander into Iranian waters or airspace due to the GPS malfunctions, which would give Iranian forces the pretext needed to seize them.

According to the official, the jammers have no effect on US military warships and aircraft.

In July, British media reported that the British intelligence services MI6 and GCHQ were concerned that Iran had used Russian GPS spoofing technology to send the Stena Impero off course into Iranian waters.

“Russia has the technology to spoof GPS and may have helped Iran in this venture, as it was extremely brazen,” said an anonymous security source in a report published by The Daily Mail. “It would make British shipping extremely vulnerable and will be of grave concern to Royal Navy warships in the region.”

In June, the Israeli Airports Authority announced that commercial airline pilots were having difficulty landing, and were experiencing mysterious disruptions.

Senior Israeli officials said they believe that Russia had been disrupting civilian aircraft navigation systems, according to reports. Army Radio called the move a “hostile attack.”

According to the Israeli Airline Pilots Association, the GPS issues were part of a “spoofing” attack, causing receivers on planes to sometimes report their location as kilometers away from their actual location, reported CNN.

A report by the US Center for Advanced Defense Studies in April documented over 10,000 separate incidents of GPS disruption connected to Russia, adding that the country was “pioneering” the technique to “protect and promote its strategic interests.”
Russia has denied the report.

To resolve the issue, Israel sent a defense official to Russia to discuss the disruption, Army Radio reported.

Iranian military vessels have also been "spoofing" the automatic identification system used by merchant ships to report and disguise their vessels as merchant ships instead of Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps or Iranian Navy vessels, according to CNN.

Iran’s Fars news agency said the IRGC had taken control of the Stena Impero on Friday after the tanker collided with an Iranian fishing boat whose distress call it ignored.

The vessel, carrying no cargo, was taken to the Iranian port of Bandar Abbas. Its 23 crew members – 18 of them Indians – are expected to remain there while the accident is investigated, Iranian news agencies quoted the head of Ports and Maritime Organization in southern Hormozgan province, Allahmorad Afifipour, as saying.

The Strait of Hormuz, between Iran and the Arabian Peninsula, is the major outlet for exports of most Middle Eastern oil, and the seizure sent oil prices sharply higher. The United States, which tightened sanctions against Iran in May with the aim of halting its oil exports altogether, has been warning for months of an Iranian threat to shipping in the strait.

Iran Accused of Interfering With Commercial Ships' Navigation System

Oil tankers pass through the Strait of Hormuz. File photo

August 08, 2019

Radio Farda

Oil tankers pass through the Strait of Hormuz. File photo

The U.S. Department of Transportation's Maritime Administration and the central command of U.S. forces in the region (CENTCOM), have warned against hacking and infiltration of navigation systems (GPS) of commercial vessels in the Persian Gulf, Strait of Hormuz and the Sea of Oman.

The MARAD (Maritime Administration) warned that "Vessels operating in the Persian Gulf, Strait of Hormuz, and Gulf of Oman may encounter GPS interference, … and/or other communications jamming with little to no warning."

Apparently, Iran is trying to jam the GPS systems of commercial vessels to lead them to make a mistake and enter its territorial waters.

The region mentioned in the MARAD statement has been the scene of attacks on oil tankers, and detention of commercial vessels in recent months as tensions between Iran and the United States have risen.

According to Maritime Administration several incidents have occurred in the region since May. These include six attacks against commercial vessels, shoot-down of U.S. Navy remotely piloted aircraft over international waters, attempted at-sea interdiction of Isle of Man-flagged M/V British Heritage, seizure of ex-Panama-flagged M/V Riah, seizure of U.K.-flagged M/V Stena Impero, and the detention and subsequent release of Liberian-flagged M/V Mesdar.

The maritime Administration further warned that heightened military activity and increased political tensions in this region continue to pose serious threats to commercial vessels, adding that there is also a potential for miscalculation or misidentification that could lead to aggressive actions.

Based on the statement, at least in two of these incidents interference with the GPS system was reported, while in another case, the Automatic Identification System (AIS) of the ship was shut off before it was seized, complicating response efforts.

Meanwhile, CENTCOM has said in a statement that some ships have reported interferences in their GPS system.

Elsewhere in the statement, CENTCOM stressed that the United States will continue cooperation with its allies to protect freedom of navigation in the region.

/**/ /**/ /**/ 

SEE ALSO:

Hit By Sanctions And Rising Tensions, Iran's Oil Exports Slide In July

CNN has quoted an unnamed U.S. defense official as saying that Iran has interfered with the navigation system of vessels and civilian aircraft to lure them into its airspace or territorial waters, and give Iranian military forces a pretext to detain them.

In some cases, vessels have received messages that had been tampered with, in order to pretend they were coming from U.S. or Coalition ships, the official said.

The warnings are given while the United States and its allies are forming a coalition to protect the freedom of shipping in the waters South of Iran as a measure to confront with the rising tensions in the region.

Tehran has still not reacted to statements by CENTCOM and U.S. Maritime Administration. However, previously, Iran had dismissed charges of attacking oil tankers in the Persian Gulf and the Sea of Oman.

Instead, Tehran has offered alternative reasons for detaining oil tankers in the Persian Gulf during recent weeks. They said a detained British-flagged ship was seized after an alleged "collision with an Iranian vessel," and for "violating international maritime regulations."

In an apparent contradiction, the Speaker of Iran's Parliament, Ali Larijani linked the seizure of the UK-flagged ship to the detention of an Iranian oil tanker in Gibraltar.

https://en.radiofarda.com/a/iran-accused-of-interfering-with-commercial-ships-navigation-system/30099771.html

• Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Iran declares its readiness to return to all its obligations under the nuclear agreement
  • Markinsa locked this topic