Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tracy Chapman - Fast Car

umbertino

LOL, gotcha, forgot you were in Mexico when I posted. Goodwill ? I somehow think you and the wife will be a little more flush than that. Besides, when you sell the restaurant that's what ?

A 1/4 Mil ?

Anywho It looks like you will be making plenty of decisions real soon IMHO

pp

PS I'm a Gal, not a Bro... LOL

Edited by pokerplayer
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Botzwana said:

One of my favs.  i want to get the cassette tape and CD whenever this thing RV`s...

Thanks for your comments Botz, PP and B/A....

Again out of pluses  ( after giving out  only a few )

Interesting, B/A....Sorry to hear she wasn't a pleasant person to work with....

Among the artists you worked with, may I ask you who were / are the most pleasant, nicest, the ones you got along best with ( if any)? I'm kind of curious...( when you have the time, of course)....Thanks in advance

53 minutes ago, umbertino said:

Thanks for your comments Botz, PP and B/A....

Again out of pluses  ( after giving out  only a few )

Interesting, B/A....Sorry to hear she wasn't a pleasant person to work with....

Among the artists you worked with, may I ask you who were / are the most pleasant, nicest, the ones you got along best with ( if any)? I'm kind of curious...( when you have the time, of course)....Thanks in advance

By far the best and most professional was Mel Torme. He was awesome. James Brown was terrible. Most of the country music artists I worked with were very humble and gracious. Gloria Estefan was very sweet. The guys from REO Speedwagon were great.  Collective Soul was awesome as was Styx and L.L.Cool J.. Blake Shelton was kind of rude.

I worked the festival for about 15 years and directed video for the big screens of the main stage. So I met many big name artists and for the most part had a lot of fun. The worst part may have been the weather. Usually it is scorching hot all day when we were setting up equipment and we went through some really bad thunder storms on occasion. One time Miami Sound Machine was getting ready to go on and a storm hit. It was bad and the festival folks had to cancel the show, but Gloria Estefan said she wanted to play. The organizers told her no, because it was too dangerous with all the electronics. So she said I'm going acoustic, I need a mic and just my guitar plugged in... She went on and played for about 10 or 15 minutes and then they pulled her off the stage because the storm was so bad and very people in the crowd were still there, most had run for cover. I have it recorded and it is some very special footage. 

B/A

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

By far the best and most professional was Mel Torme. He was awesome. James Brown was terrible. Most of the country music artists I worked with were very humble and gracious. Gloria Estefan was very sweet. The guys from REO Speedwagon were great.  Collective Soul was awesome as was Styx and L.L.Cool J.. Blake Shelton was kind of rude.

I worked the festival for about 15 years and directed video for the big screens of the main stage. So I met many big name artists and for the most part had a lot of fun. The worst part may have been the weather. Usually it is scorching hot all day when we were setting up equipment and we went through some really bad thunder storms on occasion. One time Miami Sound Machine was getting ready to go on and a storm hit. It was bad and the festival folks had to cancel the show, but Gloria Estefan said she wanted to play. The organizers told her no, because it was too dangerous with all the electronics. So she said I'm going acoustic, I need a mic and just my guitar plugged in... She went on and played for about 10 or 15 minutes and then they pulled her off the stage because the storm was so bad and very people in the crowd were still there, most had run for cover. I have it recorded and it is some very special footage. 

B/A

Thanks B/A....It's all very interesting....Wow..You worked w big names indeed....

I like Miami Sound Machine ( and others you named)...May I ask what festival you are referring to? Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, umbertino said:

Thanks B/A....It's all very interesting....Wow..You worked w big names indeed....

I like Miami Sound Machine ( and others you named)...May I ask what festival you are referring to? Thanks in advance

Riverbend

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riverbend_Festival

Edited by bostonangler
  • Thanks 1