Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Jeffrey Epstein sexual abuse case could push powerful friends into spotlight

4 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

I think you make some great points, but the same could be said for Clinton. When she ran for president and if the right leaning media knew about Bill flying around the world with this pervert it would have come out. I guess timing is everything. Again, I say I don't care about the politics of this one. If anyone messes with teenage girls they need to pay. Period. If anyone makes an excuse for someone that did this, they would be as bad as the person who did the act. I have no idea whose name will come out with the evidence they collected or if this creep will spill his guts, but in the end, there can be no excusing a pervert.

I saw the Secretary of Labor making some lame excuse and now saying he's glad the new AG is doing his job. How pathetic. He let this guy walk because he was wealthy and connected. He most certainly didn't his job. 

B/A

Another reason  I don't buy this story. I remember years ago hearing Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity talking on the radio about Bill Clinton's escapades with Epstein. Not that anyone in the Department of Justice would have done anything at the time about it though.

Like you I also have great Revere for children. This is a well-known fact about me here at Dinar Vets. And if I find out  with incontrovertible evidence that President Trump was involved in such escapades, believe you me I will come his worst enemy in publicizing this.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

And if I find out  with incontrovertible evidence that President Trump was involved in such escapades, believe you me I will come his worst enemy in publicizing this.

I believe you will. I hope with all my heart this is not the case for Trump. You know I don't like him, I don't like the way he conducted himself as a husband, I don't like his lack of business ethics, I don't like his approach to governing, but I do believe or at least hope, he is above the level of what we are seeing from this Epstein creep..

B/A

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

I believe you will. I hope with all my heart this is not the case for Trump. You know I don't like him, I don't like the way he conducted himself as a husband, I don't like his lack of business ethics, I don't like his approach to governing, but I do believe or at least hope, he is above the level of what we are seeing from this Epstein creep..

B/A

You and me both :tiphat:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Notice how you even try to spin my comments? I only pointed out what is well-known about you bringing stories with fanciful falsehoods.  I'm sorry if you took that personal. I also noticed how you chose to spin my comment as an attack on you rather the debate the issue I pointed out with the story. Easier to attack me the defend the obvious.

6 times the words you or your was used while supposedly critiquing an article you disagree with.....As I've said before, fanciful Trump spin tactics don't work on me or other reasonable people.  Here's the obvious:  

Image result for trump epstein quote

trump-epstein-young-1.gif

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/epstein-trump-melania-introduction

http://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-hosted-party-with-jeffrey-epstein-and-28-girls-report-claims

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

6 times the words you or your was used while supposedly critiquing an article you disagree with.....As I've said before, fanciful Trump spin tactics don't work on me or other reasonable people.  Here's the obvious:  

Image result for trump epstein quote

trump-epstein-young-1.gif

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/epstein-trump-melania-introduction

http://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-hosted-party-with-jeffrey-epstein-and-28-girls-report-claims

GO RV, then BV

That actually looks like a much younger Melania in the picture next to Trump. One thing that woman definitely doesn't look like he's a minor. Try again buddy.

Are you actually trying to suggest that a tweet by Tim O'Brien saying President Trump said something is evidence?:facepalm1:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

That actually looks like a much younger Melania in the picture next to Trump. One thing that woman definitely doesn't look like he's a minor. Try again buddy.

Are you actually trying to suggest that a tweet by Tim O'Brien saying President Trump said something is evidence?:facepalm1:

Again with the Trump spin tactics.....O'Brien did indeed write a book about Trump after numerous interviews with him.....and Trump did indeed sue O'Brien for billions because O'Brien said Trump was worth much less than he claims....the lawsuit was dismissed and the dismissal was upheld in Appeals court.  So yes, Trump has nothing nice to say about O'Brien and therefore I'm quite certain his rabid base will fall in line an follow his lead as they do with everything, even when evidence points to the contrary....TDS does indeed exist, it's just comes from his loyal to a fault base.  As always, just my opinion.

Lest we forget....this actually came out of Donald's mouth.  If that's not a red flag.........

Related image

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Again with the Trump spin tactics.....O'Brien did indeed write a book about Trump after numerous interviews with him.....and Trump did indeed sue O'Brien for billions because O'Brien said Trump was worth much less than he claims....the lawsuit was dismissed and the dismissal was upheld in Appeals court.  So yes, Trump has nothing nice to say about O'Brien and therefore I'm quite certain his rabid base will fall in line an follow his lead as they do with everything, even when evidence points to the contrary....TDS does indeed exist, it's just comes from his loyal to a fault base.  As always, just my opinion.

Lest we forget....this actually came out of Donald's mouth.  If that's not a red flag.........

Related image

GO RV, then BV

I don't know anything about O'Brien. But the left is so deranged when Trump is brought up that I can't believe anything that is said by them. It must be proven. As for the Ivanka comment you know how I feel about that. However, saying something stupid about your daughter and  sleeping with 14 year olds are two entirely different things.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I don't know anything about O'Brien. But the left is so deranged when Trump is brought up that I can't believe anything that is said by them. It must be proven. As for the Ivanka comment you know how I feel about that. However, saying something stupid about your daughter and  sleeping with 14 year olds are two entirely different things.

Yes it is different....as I didn't say Trump engaged in any of that.  I was simply pointing out the connection between the two, Trump and Epstein...similar circumstances to Clinton and Epstein....transparency, remember.  Time will tell who, if anybody besides Epstein is truly guilty.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 2

U.S.

I hope Jeffrey Epstein sings like a bird. And if some Democrats go down, so be it

Jill Filipovic,The Guardian 22 hours ago 

5786530833a01d83ff9f018173c4c686 Photograph: STRINGER/Reuters

I hope Jeffrey Epstein sings like a bird.

The wealthy and well-connected financier and registered sex offender was arrested this week in New York on accusations of child sex trafficking. He just may bring a lot of bad men – and a few bad women – down with him.

Epstein allegedly groomed and recruited dozens of underage girls, many of them vulnerable runaways, for sex with him and his friends. Despite being caught by authorities, Epstein has largely evaded serious punishment. Thanks to heroic reportingby Julie K Brown at the Miami Herald, Americans learned that back in 2008, Epstein was given an exceptionally favorable plea deal by then-prosecutor Alex Acosta – now Trump’s secretary of labor. The deal was shamefully hidden from Epstein’s victims, and while it forced Epstein to register as a sex offender, it allowed him near-total freedom for the 13 months he was technically in jail – he was allowed to leave the facility to work in his luxurious private office instead of serving life in prison.

It’s unclear why Epstein was given such favorable treatment. But given who his friends are, speculation has run rampant that his powerful connections (and the potential wrongdoings of other powerful men) may have had a hand in keeping him in relative freedom.

Epstein’s friends and contacts include President Donald Trump, President Bill Clinton, Prince Andrew, and high-powered attorney Alan Dershowitz, among many others. In 2002, Trump characterized Epstein as a “terrific guy” who enjoyed the company of girls “on the younger side.”

In the immediate aftermath of Epstein’s arrest, Twitter exploded with political gotchas. On the right, it’s near-gospel that President Bill Clinton and Epstein are jet-setting pals, and that Clinton is at best complicit and at worst a participant in Epstein’s sex crimes. (We know Clinton used Epstein’s private jet for work related to the Clinton Foundation; according to Clinton, they were always accompanied by Secret Service agents or Clinton Foundation staff.)

On the left, Trump opponents wonder if the president was ever a participant in Epstein’s sexual crimes. Trump was at one point accused by a young woman of raping her at Epstein’s New York home when she was 13; the lawsuit in which those accusations were made was withdrawn by the accuser. We also know that Trump and Epstein socialized, that Trump’s various phone numbers were written in Epstein’s notorious little black book, and that Epstein was once asked whether he had ever been around Trump and underage girls – and he invoked his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.

This is not a story in which anyone should find satisfaction. Dozens of vulnerable girls were allegedly sexually exploited and abused by Jeffrey Epstein. A great many adults, who should have done the right thing and stood up for these children, chose to look the other way. A few may have even participated in exploitation and rape.

The only way forward is to demand accountability from Epstein, his co-conspirators, and his enablers, without exception and without excuse. Who knew what was going on? Who participated? How, exactly, did Epstein get such a sweet plea deal in Florida?

Wherever these questions lead prosecutors and reporters must follow. And the public must demand real accountability, no matter the answers.

What happens next will be revealing. Any person who participated in or knew about Epstein’s alleged trafficking ring should face (in addition to jail time) total public rejection. If they hold public office, they must resign or be forced out. If they are a lion of politics or public life, they must retreat, live with this profound shame, and know it will taint their legacy forever.

Unfortunately, this isn’t how we’ve treated abusive and predatory men for most of human history. While that’s changing – the #MeToo movement has made an incredible impact – it still seems that a man’s punishment remains contingent on who he is, how powerful he is, and who his allies are. It’s also looking increasingly partisan. While Democrats are far from innocent when it comes to letting badly-behaved men off the hook, the American left has largely stepped up in recent years and demanded accountability from its own. Well-loved men like Al Franken have stepped down in the wake of sexual misconduct. Men whose bad behavior has been long known, like Bill Clinton, are seeing their legacies stained as modern feminists are increasingly willing to criticize their bad acts. When it comes to Epstein, the left is ready and willing to take down anyone who let him get away with his crimes – whoever they are, and however they vote.

But is the political right ready and willing to do the same? Aside from the hopeful conservative claims that Clinton is going down, the actual commitment of conservatives to punishing men for sexual wrongdoing is an outstanding question. Many, many times over, we have seen prominent conservative figures accused of sexual harassment or assault, only to have the most prominent figures on the right just deny it. Women who accuse liberal men of wrongdoing, the thinking seems to be, are to be believed. Women who accuse right-wing men are liars.

Just look at Brett Kavanaugh, who sits on the Supreme Court despite a credible claim of sexual assault and attempted rape. Or Donald Trump, who has been accused of sexual misdeeds by more than two dozen women – and most recently of rape. Or Alex Acosta, Trump’s labor secretary, who is the reason Jeffrey Epstein isn’t sitting in federal prison. Too many of the same people salivating over the possibility that some liberal men will be indicated in the Epstein case are too happy to shrug off serious allegation of sexual crimes when those allegations are leveled against men whose politics they share.

Holding people accountable for abusing girls should be a nonpartisan affair. Sadly, in the Trump era of lowered expectations and even more dismal behavior, we can’t even count on that.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hope-jeffrey-epstein-sings-bird-155338655.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

Are you freaking kidding me? For over three years years we've had to listen to the left scream about Russian collusion, and now in an effort to make Donald Trump look like a child molester you're quoting Russian television today? That is so beneath you.

RT is a Russian international television network funded by the Russian government. It operates pay television channels directed to audiences outside of Russia, as well as providing Internet content in English, Spanish, French, German, Arabic and Russian

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Are you freaking kidding me? For over three years years we've had to listen to the left scream about Russian collusion, and now in an effort to make Donald Trump look like a child molester you're quoting Russian television today? That is so beneath you.

RT is a Russian international television network funded by the Russian government. It operates pay television channels directed to audiences outside of Russia, as well as providing Internet content in English, Spanish, French, German, Arabic and Russian

So now the Russians are bad? Are you saying the Russians might want to interfere? I really posted this because there are one or two members here who have used this media outlet in the past to make a point about our administration, so I thought they might enjoy this. As for misleading stuff, this is about as bad as posting tweets that are filled with conspiracy and lies with nothing but opinion to back it up. So this can go under the title of "*** for Tat"

B/A

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:43 AM, Shabibilicious said:
U.S.

I hope Jeffrey Epstein sings like a bird. And if some Democrats go down, so be it

Jill Filipovic,The Guardian 22 hours ago 

5786530833a01d83ff9f018173c4c686 Photograph: STRINGER/Reuters

I hope Jeffrey Epstein sings like a bird.

The wealthy and well-connected financier and registered sex offender was arrested this week in New York on accusations of child sex trafficking. He just may bring a lot of bad men – and a few bad women – down with him.

Epstein allegedly groomed and recruited dozens of underage girls, many of them vulnerable runaways, for sex with him and his friends. Despite being caught by authorities, Epstein has largely evaded serious punishment. Thanks to heroic reportingby Julie K Brown at the Miami Herald, Americans learned that back in 2008, Epstein was given an exceptionally favorable plea deal by then-prosecutor Alex Acosta – now Trump’s secretary of labor. The deal was shamefully hidden from Epstein’s victims, and while it forced Epstein to register as a sex offender, it allowed him near-total freedom for the 13 months he was technically in jail – he was allowed to leave the facility to work in his luxurious private office instead of serving life in prison.

It’s unclear why Epstein was given such favorable treatment. But given who his friends are, speculation has run rampant that his powerful connections (and the potential wrongdoings of other powerful men) may have had a hand in keeping him in relative freedom.

Epstein’s friends and contacts include President Donald Trump, President Bill Clinton, Prince Andrew, and high-powered attorney Alan Dershowitz, among many others. In 2002, Trump characterized Epstein as a “terrific guy” who enjoyed the company of girls “on the younger side.”

In the immediate aftermath of Epstein’s arrest, Twitter exploded with political gotchas. On the right, it’s near-gospel that President Bill Clinton and Epstein are jet-setting pals, and that Clinton is at best complicit and at worst a participant in Epstein’s sex crimes. (We know Clinton used Epstein’s private jet for work related to the Clinton Foundation; according to Clinton, they were always accompanied by Secret Service agents or Clinton Foundation staff.)

On the left, Trump opponents wonder if the president was ever a participant in Epstein’s sexual crimes. Trump was at one point accused by a young woman of raping her at Epstein’s New York home when she was 13; the lawsuit in which those accusations were made was withdrawn by the accuser. We also know that Trump and Epstein socialized, that Trump’s various phone numbers were written in Epstein’s notorious little black book, and that Epstein was once asked whether he had ever been around Trump and underage girls – and he invoked his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.

This is not a story in which anyone should find satisfaction. Dozens of vulnerable girls were allegedly sexually exploited and abused by Jeffrey Epstein. A great many adults, who should have done the right thing and stood up for these children, chose to look the other way. A few may have even participated in exploitation and rape.

The only way forward is to demand accountability from Epstein, his co-conspirators, and his enablers, without exception and without excuse. Who knew what was going on? Who participated? How, exactly, did Epstein get such a sweet plea deal in Florida?

Wherever these questions lead prosecutors and reporters must follow. And the public must demand real accountability, no matter the answers.

What happens next will be revealing. Any person who participated in or knew about Epstein’s alleged trafficking ring should face (in addition to jail time) total public rejection. If they hold public office, they must resign or be forced out. If they are a lion of politics or public life, they must retreat, live with this profound shame, and know it will taint their legacy forever.

Unfortunately, this isn’t how we’ve treated abusive and predatory men for most of human history. While that’s changing – the #MeToo movement has made an incredible impact – it still seems that a man’s punishment remains contingent on who he is, how powerful he is, and who his allies are. It’s also looking increasingly partisan. While Democrats are far from innocent when it comes to letting badly-behaved men off the hook, the American left has largely stepped up in recent years and demanded accountability from its own. Well-loved men like Al Franken have stepped down in the wake of sexual misconduct. Men whose bad behavior has been long known, like Bill Clinton, are seeing their legacies stained as modern feminists are increasingly willing to criticize their bad acts. When it comes to Epstein, the left is ready and willing to take down anyone who let him get away with his crimes – whoever they are, and however they vote.

But is the political right ready and willing to do the same? Aside from the hopeful conservative claims that Clinton is going down, the actual commitment of conservatives to punishing men for sexual wrongdoing is an outstanding question. Many, many times over, we have seen prominent conservative figures accused of sexual harassment or assault, only to have the most prominent figures on the right just deny it. Women who accuse liberal men of wrongdoing, the thinking seems to be, are to be believed. Women who accuse right-wing men are liars.

Just look at Brett Kavanaugh, who sits on the Supreme Court despite a credible claim of sexual assault and attempted rape. Or Donald Trump, who has been accused of sexual misdeeds by more than two dozen women – and most recently of rape. Or Alex Acosta, Trump’s labor secretary, who is the reason Jeffrey Epstein isn’t sitting in federal prison. Too many of the same people salivating over the possibility that some liberal men will be indicated in the Epstein case are too happy to shrug off serious allegation of sexual crimes when those allegations are leveled against men whose politics they share.

Holding people accountable for abusing girls should be a nonpartisan affair. Sadly, in the Trump era of lowered expectations and even more dismal behavior, we can’t even count on that.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hope-jeffrey-epstein-sings-bird-155338655.html

GO RV, then BV

Guilt should not be about political affiliation. But if the MSM is allowed to control the narrative it quite could be...............and to hammer the point....umbertino's favorite rag (guardian) is the source here

Edited by caz1104
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, bostonangler said:

So now the Russians are bad? Are you saying the Russians might want to interfere? I really posted this because there are one or two members here who have used this media outlet in the past to make a point about our administration, so I thought they might enjoy this. As for misleading stuff, this is about as bad as posting tweets that are filled with conspiracy and lies with nothing but opinion to back it up. So this can go under the title of "*** for Tat"

B/A

Russians aren't bad, GOVERNMENT is.

And nearly EVERY tweet I post is linked to a LEGITIMATE news source. Sorry if you can't handle the truth. 

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Russians aren't bad, GOVERNMENT is.

And nearly EVERY tweet I post is linked to a LEGITIMATE news source. Sorry if you can't handle the truth. 

I agree, Russians aren't bad people. Thanks for correcting me on that.

As for tweets and tweeting, I'm sure you know how I feel about the cesspool called social media.

B/A

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We will find that Epstein kept detailed records of "who, what, where and when"....a safe guard to help keep him out of trouble......

Just because any person knew him....visited his island.....or attended his various events doesn't make them complicit .....in fact you might say he used some of them as camouflage...

His swamp runs deep......I believe most will be shocked by the many known names on the list....from all walks of life.....JMO...    CL

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

We will find that Epstein kept detailed records of "who, what, where and when"....a safe guard to help keep him out of trouble......

Just because any person knew him....visited his island.....or attended his various events doesn't make them complicit .....in fact you might say he used some of them as camouflage...

His swamp runs deep......I believe most will be shocked by the many known names on the list....from all walks of life.....JMO...    CL

I agree he has much on many... And that's why this story will probably die like so many others when the wealthy are involved.

B/A

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

I agree he has much on many... And that's why this story will probably die like so many others when the wealthy are involved.

B/A

We'll see.....I doubt Trump is involved in any of this.....just the fact that it's being pursued should indicate that.....if Trump is true to what he says he represents.....this whole thing won't just go away 

......same thing with the whole Mueller / HRC situation.....hang them all high...     CL

• Like 1

12 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

You just described the catch all crime of conspiracy! If you was stupid enough to go and hang out, around all that despicable criminal activity, your just as guilty as this JE creepy punk! I would suggest not legal advice! You better lawyer UP! JMHO!

• Thanks 1