Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump Brings His Taxpayer Funded Golf Tab To 108 Million Dollars

Trump Begins Long Golf Weekend, Bringing Taxpayers' Tab To $108 Million

HuffPostJuly 5, 2019

President Donald Trump began a three-day golf weekend Friday, making his 16th visit to his New Jersey golf club since entering office and pushing his total travel and security costs for his hobby to $108.1 million.

The president’s Marine One helicopter touched down at Trump National Golf Club, Bedminster around 12:45 p.m. Trump is not scheduled to return to the White House until Sunday, giving him three more golf days at his resort 45 miles west of New York City.

Heading into Friday, Trump had spent 60 days at his course in Northern Virginia, 59 days at Bedminster and 57 days at his resort in West Palm Beach. He has also visited his courses in Los Angeles; Doral, Florida; Jupiter, Florida; Scotland and Ireland ― all on the taxpayer dime.

Trump’s use of Air Force One, even the smaller version he used Friday, and Marine Corps helicopters both in Washington and New Jersey drive up costs to taxpayers, and the long weekend will add at least $1.1 million to his grand total, according to a HuffPost analysis.

Donald Trump criticized how much President Barack Obama played golf — but he has spent more than twice as many days on golf courses as Obama had at the same point in his first term. (Photo: ASSOCIATED PRESS)
Donald Trump criticized how much President Barack Obama played golf — but he has spent more than twice as many days on golf courses as Obama had at the same point in his first term. (Photo: ASSOCIATED PRESS)

While he was a reality TV host and then as a presidential candidate, Trump frequently pounded President Barack Obama for spending too much time on the golf course. Trump often told audiences he would be too busy to take any vacations, let alone play golf.

But since taking office, Trump has spent 187 days, counting Friday, on a course that he owns. (He has spent two additional days on courses in Japan at the invitation of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe during visits there.) That is two and a half times the number of days Obama had visited golf courses at the same point in his first term. And because Trump insists on playing at his own courses in Florida and New Jersey so much, his golf-associated costs to taxpayers are more than triple Obama’s figure through the same time period. Obama played the vast majority of his rounds at military bases within a short drive of the White House.

As is typical for Trump’s White House, his staff refused to confirm whether Trump is playing golf Friday at his golf resort. Indeed, the only times the White House has acknowledged that he played golf is when he played with a head of state, a celebrity or South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham.

In contrast, the staffs of Obama and former President George W. Bush routinely disclosed the presidents’ golf partners.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-golf-new-jersey-205000494.html

For a man who loves to dwarf everything Obama ever did.....he's doing a remarkable job as far as his taxpayer funded golf expenditures go.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sage449 said:

Trump shouldn't have spent all that time bashing President Obama for golfing then say over and over and over again he himself wouldn't have time to golf if elected.....makes his character look even worse than we all know it already is.  Plus 108 million dollars would fund a sizable stretch of Wall.  Priorities....the important things.

GO RV, then BV

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

10 hours ago, yota691 said:

Fixing the bankrupted America after "W"  and Chaney broke the bank... Did Obama take 8 years to get to 10 Trillion? If Trump goes 8 years he could reach 16 trillion... Is there anyone out there who thinks we should stop spending money and increase revenue? Or is that simple accounting method just outdated?

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, yota691 said:

You don't spend more thinking your fixing something. As you justify your party actions at the same time denying you don't belong to any party...

I don't follow this one... My platform is to spend less and generate more revenue... That's how I run my business. I have had many tough months and had to sacrifice to survive until the next good month. I didn't just file bankruptcy, call it quits and then start all over on the backs of my neighbors. I can't name one politician who has that in their policy, can you?

B/A

• Upvote 1

Congratulations on running your business BA.  You understand the difficult job of balancing cash flow, making sure you have money on hand to pay taxes, pay your insurance, meet payroll, to spend on capital expenditures on your business property or other improvements ( better equipment, research, innovations) and after everyone else gets theirs you manage to make a living and call yourself the BOSS.   People like you and me who own a business ( now retired except my trading) truly understand how to balance a checkbook as does anyone who runs a household. Cash Inflow HAS TO be larger than  cash outflow.  If not then you are probably using loans, borrowing from family or running up your credit cards.  We all understand basic economics. 

Your last sentence made me LMAO. The last 20 years both political parties have been running a deficit budget to the tune of over 20 Trillion.  They are bankrupting our country and stealing from future generations.  It appears they do not understand basic economics or are they doing it on purpose for some sinister agenda.  Eventually we will all find out and I’m not so sure it’s going to be pretty.  

So the answer to your last sentence is simple. All the politicians in DC over the last 20 years seem to have a policy of spend more than the US Treasury takes in. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Congratulations on running your business BA.  You understand the difficult job of balancing cash flow, making sure you have money on hand to pay taxes, pay your insurance, meet payroll, to spend on capital expenditures on your business property or other improvements ( better equipment, research, innovations) and after everyone else gets theirs you manage to make a living and call yourself the BOSS.   People like you and me who own a business ( now retired except my trading) truly understand how to balance a checkbook as does anyone who runs a household. Cash Inflow HAS TO be larger than  cash outflow.  If not then you are probably using loans, borrowing from family or running up your credit cards.  We all understand basic economics. 

Your last sentence made me LMAO. The last 20 years both political parties have been running a deficit budget to the tune of over 20 Trillion.  They are bankrupting our country and stealing from future generations.  It appears they do not understand basic economics or are they doing it on purpose for some sinister agenda.  Eventually we will all find out and I’m not so sure it’s going to be pretty.  

So the answer to your last sentence is simple. All the politicians in DC over the last 20 years seem to have a policy of spend more than the US Treasury takes in. 

Thanks Pitcher... Running a business is the toughest thing anyone can do. Finding money everyday in order to pay next month's bills is a never ending process. To see politicians who say they are conservative or those on the left who say they are working for the people makes me gag. Spending more than you generate simply does not work. But American voters just keep playing along. We don't just need to take their hands out of the cookie jar, we need to take the cookie jar away.

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Agreed.  

Its really very simple.  Run a balanced budget like every business or household has to do.  That will never happen with the current mindset in DC.  That mindset needs to change or we will all suffer the consequences of the politicians foolishness.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

BA, I know you like to trade.  Look at SQ today.  I went long when everyone else was selling because pre Market was so dismal.  You want to make money, learn the basic principles of Day Trading.  It only took me 3 plus years to master it.  Haha. It’s never easy but once you get it there is no going back.  2.42 on 1500 shares traded today. In at 9:50 et, out 11:30 et.  

• Upvote 1

Obama’s the most expensive ex-president for taxpayers

September 1, 2017 | 12:46pm

Ex-President Barack Obama will be the costliest former commander-in-chief, with taxpayers shelling out $1,153,000 for his expenses in 2018, according to the Congressional Research Service.

His budget request is more than $100,000 higher than George W. Bush’s for next year and nearly $200,000 more than Bill Clinton’s expected budget.

George H.W. Bush is slated to get $942,000, while Jimmy Carter will get less than half that, at just $456,000, according to a memo prepared by the service, which was first reported by the Washington Times.

All living former presidents get an office, expenses and, in some cases, an annual pension payment, because of a 1950s-era law enacted after President Harry Truman turned out to be broke after leaving the White House.

The biggest expense for ex-presidents is renting office space.

Obama’s office — 8,198 square feet in Washington — will cost taxpayers $536,000 next year, the most of any ex-president, the paper reported.

Clinton’s Harlem office cost $518,000 and is bigger, at 8,300 square feet. W’s office in Dallas cost $497,000, while his dad’s place in Houston is $286,000. Carter’s Atlanta office costs just $115,000.

Obama’s pension payment is also the fattest, at $236,000, while Clinton comes in second with $231,000. Bush the younger pockets $225,000.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yota691 said:

Obama’s the most expensive ex-president for taxpayers

September 1, 2017 | 12:46pm

Ex-President Barack Obama will be the costliest former commander-in-chief, with taxpayers shelling out $1,153,000 for his expenses in 2018, according to the Congressional Research Service.

His budget request is more than $100,000 higher than George W. Bush’s for next year and nearly $200,000 more than Bill Clinton’s expected budget.

George H.W. Bush is slated to get $942,000, while Jimmy Carter will get less than half that, at just $456,000, according to a memo prepared by the service, which was first reported by the Washington Times.

All living former presidents get an office, expenses and, in some cases, an annual pension payment, because of a 1950s-era law enacted after President Harry Truman turned out to be broke after leaving the White House.

The biggest expense for ex-presidents is renting office space.

Obama’s office — 8,198 square feet in Washington — will cost taxpayers $536,000 next year, the most of any ex-president, the paper reported.

Clinton’s Harlem office cost $518,000 and is bigger, at 8,300 square feet. W’s office in Dallas cost $497,000, while his dad’s place in Houston is $286,000. Carter’s Atlanta office costs just $115,000.

Obama’s pension payment is also the fattest, at $236,000, while Clinton comes in second with $231,000. Bush the younger pockets $225,000.

It's nice to know that money is going to something tangible such as office space.....as opposed to overpriced golf outings.

GO RV, then BV

• Downvote 1