Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump Blames Rain And Teleprompter For His July 4 Speech Gaffe

Newsoriginalsstream

Trump blames rain and teleprompter for his July 4 speech gaffe

Dylan Stableford
Senior Editor
Yahoo NewsJuly 5, 2019
9,683 Comments

President Trump on Friday blamed inclement weather and a malfunctioning teleprompter for flubbing part of his Independence Day speech. During the rain-soaked “Salute to America” event, Trump made a reference to nonexistent airports during the American Revolution, a comment he walked back a day later.

“We had a lot of rain,” Trump told reporters on the South Lawn. “I stood in the rain. The teleprompter went out. The teleprompter kept going out and then at the end it just went out. It went kaput.”

In his July 4 speech, the president recalled the creation of the Army by the Continental Congress in 1775.

President Trump speaks during an Independence Day celebration in front of the Lincoln Memorial. (Photo: Alex Brandon/AP)
President Trump speaks during an Independence Day celebration in front of the Lincoln Memorial. (Photo: Alex Brandon/AP)

“The Continental Army suffered a bitter winter of Valley Forge, found glory across the waters of the Delaware and seized victory from Cornwallis of Yorktown,” Trump said. “Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do.”

There was no air travel during the Revolutionary War. Wilbur and Orville Wright invented and flew the first airplane in 1903.

Trump said the teleprompter malfunctioned during his prepared remarks, resulting in the mistake.

“Actually right in the middle of that sentence it went out,” he said Friday. “And that’s not a good feeling.”

Photo: Carolyn Kaster/AP
Photo: Carolyn Kaster/AP

Trump continued: “When you’re standing in front of millions and millions of people on television and — I don’t know what the final count was, but that went all the way back to the Washington Monument. And I guess the rain knocked out the teleprompter.”

Still, Trump insisted he “knew the speech very well.”

“So I was able to do it without a teleprompter,” he said. “So the teleprompter did go out. And it was actually hard to look at anyway because there was rain all over it.”

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-blames-rain-and-teleprompter-july-4-airport-speech-gaffe-160954881.html

Reminds me of this other teleprompter reading genius with incredible focus and the best words.

GO RV, then BV

• Haha 3

Just now, bostonangler said:

Of course he couldn't just admit he made a simple misstatement, that would be too much for his bloated ego to handle.

B/A

You do know Donald believes airports existed in 1776 and they were in desperate need of updating.....When the French Navy flew in to help out they commented on how much nicer airports in France were.  B)

GO RV, then BV

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

14 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Of course he couldn't just admit he made a simple misstatement, that would be too much for his bloated ego to handle.

B/A

Obviously your middle of the road memory has forgot the numerous times your heart throb Barry took credit for almost anything positive and blamed anyone/anything negative

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, caz1104 said:

Obviously your middle of the road memory has forgot the numerous times your heart throb Barry took credit for almost anything positive and blamed anyone/anything negative

My point was Trump could have said, "geez. I'm human, I misspoke." But no he has to blame the weather... Come on caz, you have to laugh at that one. 

B/A

• Thanks 2

The real point is that even if he admitted to the mistake, Every Never Trumper, I Hate Trump person and MSM 

would still find a reason to mock him. He will never win so why admit a mistake when the rain of hate and mockery 

falls the same. 

These people are the same ones who hate the pilot on a plane at 10,000 feet and in spite of him flying the plane,

that they are on, want him to die. Real smart. 

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

These people are the same ones who hate the pilot on a plane at 10,000 feet and in spite of him flying the plane,

that they are on, want him to die. Real smart. 

I haven't heard of this story....sounds interesting though.  Tell us about it.  The only passengers I have heard of that hated a pilot that much are memorialized in a field in Pennsylvania. 

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, nstoolman1 said:

No story. It is an analogy. 

If you really need an explanation I can tell you. 

Bring heroes in to divert the point is shamefull. 

Your analogy is not a good one....makes zero sense.  Just more enabling of Trump....come to his rescue, even when he's wrong, that's shameful.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

• Downvote 1

It was a terrible blunder nothing else.  No excuses, he messed up.   I’m sure he meant to say ports not airports.  It happens to every public speaker, just like Barry and the 57 States of the US.  It’s no big deal.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Pitcher said:

It was a terrible blunder nothing else.  No excuses, he messed up.   I’m sure he meant to say ports not airports.  It happens to every public speaker, just like Barry and the 57 States of the US.  It’s no big deal.  

Yup I agree... No big deal... What's the name of the 57th state Heinz? LOL

B/A

• Haha 1

Just now, Pitcher said:

Yep he should have added territories when he spouted off 57.....in fact reminders of that gaffe still come up from time to time, as we have just seen.

GO RV, then BV

• Downvote 1

No, what is shamefull is the deep seeded hate for a person who is human. 

Whoever is without sin cast the first stone. Sounds familiar.

And you obviously did not get the analogy.

The USA is the plane.

Trump is the Pilot.

The citizens are the passengers. 

A few of the passengers hate the pilot so much they want him to die

which will cause the plane to crash killing the entire load of passengers. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, nstoolman1 said:

The USA is the plane.

Trump is the Pilot.

Would you really get on a plane Trump is piloting?.....the man can't even drive a car.  And by the way, Do you really not think Americans referring to former First Lady Michelle Obama as a man is shameful?

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

The USA is the plane.

Trump is the Pilot.

And in your analogy it's actually the popular majority of the passengers who dislike the pilot....of course, they would prefer he land the plane and get fired, i.e. duly beaten in an election.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Real men don't treat a duly elected president the way he is treated either.

"Real men" now you're just being funny......according to the left, MSM, & middle of the road folk here, "Real men" only reside on the left. Of course to any SANE person that's insane.......but sadly true

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Janurary 2009 to this very moment come to mind.  Hell, some fools are still calling MIchelle Obama a man....and you want to talk about shameful.  :facepalm:

GO RV, then BV

uh maybe shameful..................but true. She was called elegant & beautiful by MSM..........come on really.

• Upvote 1

You still won't, or don't get it. We are all on the plane/country. 

I could care less if she is a man or a woman.

People are entitled to an opinion even if it is a moronic one. 

I think it is shameful the way she disrespected America with her comments through the years. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2