Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Go Iraq Part 2

6ly410

26 minutes ago, navira said:

Maui...here I come post rv, haha..cheers

Maybe we should have a big blow out party in Maui post RV Bros.  I can switch my plans.  Seems everyone loves Maui.  

Do it Iraq.  We want to party in Maui 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

hey Bro's ....Guess it looks like a slow night so far ...oh well...

Now that I read Adam's thread....HCL needs to happen...and

looks like we are close....

I'm with the Bro's....this could happen anytime.....

we could write a checklist ..Art 8..GOI complete...IMF review...

but who knows?...maybe there is no checklist...and we get a Text

from Adam completely out of the blue......JMHO...

Peace and Go Iraq!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pitcher said:

The news appears to be getting better every day but this is Iraq.  This thread is fun with a lot of cheerleading but we all know anything can happen. Be patient it will happen when it happens.  Iraq has come too far to turn back now, imho.  

2 hours ago, Pitcher said:

Haha, I took a nap so I’m here until I fall asleep.  I think I have about an hour or two.  🍻 Cheers.  

Defiantly all good new out of Iraq. With me just could not sleep. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

Ok, time for me to check in. Once again I am behind the curve, so I will back track a bit to see what is new. 

I'm with you CF.....This is the time I mostly check in......

Usually get great Info from the Bro's at this time....for whatever

reason....but things look great.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zul said:

Iraq has been building up their foreign reserves and this tells me that they are planning (or continue to) to fix the value of their currency in terms of their foreign reserves.

Traditionally, countries with floating exchange rate don't have huge foreign reserves. ( Eg. USA foreign currency reserves is only $123.5 billion as of August 2018 vs 1.6 trillion cash in circulation).

( i think)...when IMF suggested to iraq that they need to liberalize their exchange rate ~ a full floating regime is NOT the only option. 

Iraq could adopt a safer options (in terms of stability) of a managed float exchange rate which consist of a band (a fluctuation range), a basket of currencies (which they have been talking about), and allowing the exchange rates to appreciate or depreciate at a pace under CBI's control.

With their huge reconstructions cost  (about 80 billion USD), we can expect huge capital surge coming into Iraq over a short period of time and this would put a lot of upward pressure on their exchange rate (IF they were to full float their exchange rate), causing stress and overheating to their economy and a source of deflation which could be disruptive and very harmful to their reconstruction process.
I don't think iraq would want that.

What I think iraq would do is to RV their currency to a value (eg. Equivalent to 1 USD), thus absorbing the impact of sudden upward pressure to their exchange rate, and then managed float from there........giving them the much needed stability for their reconstruction process.

They keyword here is: STABILITY.

I am firm believer in a peg or a band float. It is like you stated "STABILITY". It is hard to do any planning if your currency is all over the place. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, lmb4321 said:

I'm with you CF.....This is the time I mostly check in......

Usually get great Info from the Bro's at this time....for whatever

reason....but things look great.....

Would agree with you for sure. I love catching it at this time. Bros have all kinds of good stuff posted. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nfire said:

Missed all the Maui talk . Headed their beginning of next month. My son got his Make-A-Wish granted and he chose volcanoes and swimming with the sea turtles. It should be a once in a lifetime trip and really looking forward to it. 

nfire

I’m praying for you, your family and your son.  Make-A-Wish is pretty 😎 with the wishes they grant.  I’ve had a couple of friends that had their children’s wishes granted also. Here’s to hoping “our wish” will be granted sooner rather than later. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

I am firm believer in a peg or a band float. It is like you stated "STABILITY". It is hard to do any planning if your currency is all over the place. 

Very true.

24 minutes ago, ScaryMary said:

nfire

I’m praying for you, your family and your son.  Make-A-Wish is pretty 😎 with the wishes they grant.  I’ve had a couple of friends that had their children’s wishes granted also. Here’s to hoping “our wish” will be granted sooner rather than later. 😉

Ditto On That About Ur Son NFire - Obviously There’s Something Incredibly Serious Going On With Him ! :( 

And I Agree With ScaryMary About The Credibility Of The Make A Wish Foundation ! ;) 

But Just To Attempt To Put A Smile On Ur Face - Even ScaryMary Would Be Scared If She Ever Saw This Clown Without Makeup ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 

Edited by DinarThug
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, lmb4321 said:

hey navira,  How close is the HCL going to be implemented?...

This Close If The Iraqi Parliament Ever Decides To Jump Into The Water ! :o 

animal gif, cute dog paddling

:D  :D  :D 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4