Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Go Iraq Part 2

6ly410

12 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

I am one of the cheapest guys I know.  Just going by property tax...the choice is clear.

Image result for property tax by state

Well looking at the map Utah is down there.....You sure as hell don't want to go to Colorado...Liberals are running that place. Wyoming is nice if you want space and wide open places. Now Idaho...been there and it is strange....Nice place to visit once or twice...I have no idea about the South East.

Karsten

2 hours ago, GregHi said:

Things I hope happen in sequence this week:

HCL possibly tomorrow or Wednesday

Aticle VIII on Friday or Saturday

Fully seated GOI on Saturday

RI or RV on Sunday

fingers crossed.. :)

Sounds perfect in an ideal world GregHi... and we wish, however Iraq is far from an ideal world ... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Huh….I never considered Utah.  But you are right.  It is 41 in best property tax.  I need to look at that too.  Thanks for the headsup.  

I am originally from GA so I tend to gravitate towards the south.  But hm.....Eh, the RV has not happened yet.  Still gots lots to research.  Also looked at Baja California here in Mexico.

I grew up in Utah. You can have it. One cop per ten residents. Stiff place. Although, the land is diverse and beautiful. Lots to do. Expensive homes. California is moving in. I love Oklahoma!

Edited by gregp

8 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Huh….I never considered Utah.  But you are right.  It is 41 in best property tax.  I need to look at that too.  Thanks for the headsup.  

I am originally from GA so I tend to gravitate towards the south.  But hm.....Eh, the RV has not happened yet.  Still gots lots to research.  Also looked at Baja California here in Mexico.

I am thinking Mexico would be nice. Going to do some traveling when this hits to check it out.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Look into Costa Rica. Very nice, and people are friendly.   

Your right, it is very nice. I love the place. Reasonably cheap and yes the people are friendly.

Going off topic a bit, but this funny thing happened when we were there. Hubby and I were sitting on 2 benches across from each other downtown by the beach. Hubby says very slowly stand up and walk towards me. Being a women I say Why ? He says again just do it, again I say why ? Well all of a sudden I feel something down by my feet. Here it was a huge Iguana under my bench nibbling on the tassels on my sandals. Well in hubby's words, not mine, I jumped up screaming like a school girl... lol, Well does the Iguana take off the other way ? Heck No !! It races out from under my bench, right between my legs, then runs up a tree ! Well hubby is laughing so hard he started gasping for breath, which by the way was NOT funny at the time. I was not laughing.

Funny now, back then ? Not so much.  :)

pp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, Botzwana said:

I am one of the cheapest guys I know.  Just going by property tax...the choice is clear.

You  may want to also consider other, more costly taxes besides property tax.  Being an ex-California, in my experience state income tax is far more important.  And while it's true that the 7 states with no income tax do have a higher property tax, most of the time, it's still much cheaper to live in one of those states.  And of couse, the state and local government are pretty critcal things to consider too.      jmo   

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, pokerplayer said:

Your right, it is very nice. I love the place. Reasonably cheap and yes the people are friendly.

Going off topic a bit, but this funny thing happened when we were there. Hubby and I were sitting on 2 benches across from each other downtown by the beach. Hubby says very slowly stand up and walk towards me. Being a women I say Why ? He says again just do it, again I say why ? Well all of a sudden I feel something down by my feet. Here it was a huge Iguana under my bench nibbling on the tassels on my sandals. Well in hubby's words, not mine, I jumped up screaming like a school girl... lol, Well does the Iguana take off the other way ? Heck No !! It races out from under my bench, right between my legs, then runs up a tree ! Well hubby is laughing so hard he started gasping for breath, which by the way was NOT funny at the time. I was not laughing.

pp

pp you crack me up.  :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, pokerplayer said:

pp

Thanks for the story, PP......I heard beautiful things about Costa Rica...

A friend of mine manages  a B&B down there but don't know exactly where ...If it's the Atlantic Coast or the Pacific......He left everything here in Trento and just went down there....His 80 something Mother  is there also helping him out......Great

• Thanks 1

We are in Washington, no income tax but Idiot Inslee has seen to it that our taxes are higher than ever.  Our taxes are taxed.  We are looking to split our state, I'm on the eastside of the state and we would not have all the insane taxes.  I only hope that we split not too long after we rv, if not  we will move out of state.

• Upvote 1