Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Florida Governor Signs Bill To Legalize Growing Food On Your Own Property

bigwave

Florida Governor Signs Bill To Legalize Growing Food On Your Own Property (A law to counteract a Law)

Gov. Ron DeSantis signed SB 82 on June 24th, legislation protecting the right of all Floridians to grow vegetables and fruit on their own property.

For one Miami-area couple, this represents the end of a years-long struggle that started when their town ordered them to dig up the garden they had been growing for 17 years. Starting July 1, any local ordinance that expressly limits or prohibits growing vegetables on one’s own property will be “void and unenforceable.”

In 2013, the Institute for Justice (IJ) filed a lawsuit on behalf of Hermine Ricketts and Tom Carroll seeking to strike down the Village of Miami Shores’ prohibition on front yard gardens as an unconstitutional violation of property rights.

Florida’s Third District Court of Appeals ruled in favor of the Village. The Florida Supreme Court ultimately declined to hear the case, though the battle over the right to use your property peacefully and productively continued in the Florida legislature.

“When the Institute for Justice heard that a local government was waging a senseless fight against Hermine and Tom’s vegetable garden, we were glad to come to their aid,” said IJ Attorney Ari Bargil. “When the courts refused to stand up for their rights, we didn’t give up, and this new law is the result of persistent advocacy.

Hermine and Tom are free to replant their garden, a right they now share with every other Floridian. I’m looking forward to seeing new life planted in the front yard next week.”

For the rest of the story:https://www.naturalblaze.com/2019/07/florida-governor-signs-bill-to-legalize-growing-food-on-your-own-property.html

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

My next door neighbor grows her own food in the backyard and I get all the squirrels, possums, raccoons and skunks running all around my yard.   I finally had to start catching them because they were getting in my chimney and attic.  In the last year and a half I’ve caught, 58 squirrels, 25 possums, 3 raccoons and 2 skunks.   I relocate them to a more rural setting.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

so how do you catch the Squirrels? what specific do you use as a trap and bait? just had a family move in to the hood this spring. do not want to use poison.

if your squirrel trap works for me maybe we could put a couple of the traps on DV? we could bag a few liberals!

• Haha 2