Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Silly Smiles ll+ *** Warning Objectionable Material Inside - Enter at your own risk ***

On 9/5/2022 at 6:07 PM, Markinsa said:

I asked myself a similar question, how did they get the chain through the pipe.  Evidently, when they install the culvert, they leave the chain inside for when it is time for cleaning.  I guess they would have a second chain attached to the end to replace the one that is currently in the culvert for the next time. :P

I wondered the same, but decided to rule out leaving a rope or chain for future use due to both the obstruction to the flow through the culvert that it would create, which would greatly reduce the efficiency and shorten the time between cleanouts, and also the inherent decay of whatever material was left to sit in the water-soaked environment. Be it chain, which would rust, or any type of rope, which would rot.

There's a lot of different ways to get something through.

I small diameter galvanized pipe, cut to an angle and left open, could easily be pushed through, then a new chain or rope could be easily attached.

Even is something were suspended from the top it would create an obstacle that would sooner than later cause a log jam, and then whatever brackets were used to suspend the puller would then become a constraint that could create enough side force to compromise the sidewall of the culvert. 

Have never seen or heard that being done before, but it makes sense.

That tire was used as a "mandrel".

It's a very common practice required by utilities to verify all kinds of underground pipes, from electrical to sewer, are continuous end to end, before whatever municipality accepts responsibility to provide service.

OK, I'm leaving now... 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 9/4/2022 at 8:35 PM, Markinsa said:

To answer the question: How do you get the rope or chain through in order to pull it?

You could push an electrical pull tape through. they are thin, easy to push and come in 100 ft lengths.

They are stainless steel and less likely to rust or corrode if rinsed off after use. 

• Upvote 3

305316757_10227975494234476_4217368916946954573_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=gxH2zs_LU3EAX9LgHHh&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.xx&oh=00_AT_urD4DN87ECap5iQM4pFhXCmjEwAeGTtkPNxPRDsV6tQ&oe=631C7DAC

5 hours ago, DinarDavo said:

I fillet my own watermelons.....I don't trust the factory!   :twothumbs:

After studying this picture, I think what happened was someone found a "boneless" sticker on something in the meat department, and stuck it on the watermelon, as a joke. 🙂 🤦‍♀️ 😂 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2