Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump Supporters In Florida Say He Needs A Third Term

Trump supporters in Florida say the president needs a third term

Marquise Francis 22 hours ago 
Trump supporters in Florida say the president ne
14a39430-927e-11e9-9fdb-3bef0de54639
Scroll back up to restore default view.

Tens of thousands of President Trump’s supporters descended upon the Amway Center in Orlando on Tuesday to hear the president launch his 2020 campaign. Their positions were in sync. Many said they have enjoyed the president’s time in office thus far and tout the strong economy. Supporters also said that illegal immigrants have no place in the country and that if Trump can have a third term, they’re all for it. “Maybe the Democrats would get it right during the third term and leave him alone so he could do even more,” said one Trump supporter.

Rally-goers waited on line for more than 30 hours ahead of the doors opening for the main event, dealing with heavy rain to secure a prime spot to hear the president speak. Outside the venue there was live music, food trucks and frequent chants of “U-S-A, U-S-A.” Inside, attendees bonded over their excitement about seeing the president.

“Our patriotic movement has been under assault from the very first day,” Trump said in front of the energized crowd. “We accomplished more than any other president has in the first two and a half years of a presidency and under circumstances that no president has had to deal with before.”

ORLANDO, USA - JUNE 18: US President Donald Trump (C) speaks during a rally at the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida on June 18, 2019. President Donald Trump officially launches his 2020 campaign. (Photo by Eva Marie Uzcategui T./Anadolu Agency/Getty Images) (Photo by Eva Marie Uzcategui T./Anadolu Agency/Getty Images)

The rally served as the official starting point of Trump’s reelection campaign against a crowded Democratic field that already has 23 proposed candidates. Florida, which holds 29 Electoral College votes, is the biggest swing state in the nation and a must-win for the president.

While thousands of supporters packed the arena to express their praise for Trump, not all of Orlando is behind another four years under the current administration. The Orlando Sentinel, the city’s most widely distributed newspaper, put out a scathing editorial just hours before the rally in which it endorsed “anyone but Trump.” It’s only the fifth time in the paper’s history that it hasn’t supported the GOP candidate. “Enough of the chaos, the division, the schoolyard insults, the self-aggrandizement, the corruption, and especially the lies,” said the editorial. “The nation must endure another 1½ years of Trump. But it needn’t suffer another four beyond that.”

But the president’s team doesn’t care too much about what the Sentinel has to say. Kayleigh McEnany, the national press secretary of the Trump 2020 campaign, said Americans are smart and don’t depend on newspapers. “Newspaper endorsements are meaningless,” she said. “People don’t need to be told by a newspaper who to vote for. They need to know who’s going to be more affordable for my kids to go to college, who’s going to make this economy better … and they don’t depend on the Orlando Sentinel for that.”

ORLANDO, USA - JUNE 18: Supporters hold placards during a rally at the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida, United States on June 18, 2019. President Donald Trump officially launches his 2020 campaign. (Photo by Eva Marie Uzcategui T./Anadolu Agency/Getty Images) (Photo by Eva Marie Uzcategui T./Anadolu Agency/Getty Images)

Despite the paper’s critique, Trump supporters at the rally were pleased with the president’s first two and a half years in office. They are confident a wall is being built and said they would welcome having him serve a third term in office. “If he could come into a third term just like Mayor Bloomberg had a third term in New York City had a third term, [I’m down],” said one supporter. “We got him.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-supporters-in-florida-say-the-president-needs-a-third-term-153511930.html

Is this truly how little some Trump supporters respect the U.S. Constitution?....It seems so.

GO RV, then BV 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Nice try!!  That is the sentiment for Trump because he is doing a great job for this country, but we all know that the constitution won't allow it.  The fake media would  take this as a gospel and attack the Trump supporters as bunch of lawless people. 

• Upvote 1

GM Shabs, I recall hearing the same rustling for Obama - a third term.....and suggested under questionable circumstances too. I'm for term limits as I don't believe any government office in DC should be a lifetime job. While that's not the point of the post, I do remember but can't find the news or video clip on wanting Obama for a 3rd term. 

• Upvote 2

Not the one I want, but O suggested it. The one I want was put out by Forbes or some magazine like that, but O himself suggested it:

https://time.com/3974517/obama-third-term/

"President Obama said that if he could run for a third term he thinks he would win, while calling for African leaders to adhere to term limits during a historic speech before the African Union.

“I actually think I’m a pretty good president. I think if I ran, I could win. But I can’t,” Obama said in Ethiopia on Tuesday. ” There’s a lot that I’d like to do to keep America moving, but the law’s the law.”

President Obama addressed his third term viability while calling on African leaders to step aside when their terms end on Tuesday. During his speech, the first by an American president before the African Union, Obama said when a leader “tries to change the rules in the middle of the game” in order to stay in office it puts a nation’s stability and the future of Democratic progress across the continent at risk. Obama specifically noted recent elections in Burundi, where President Pierre Nkurunziza won a third term. The United Nations has said those elections occurred in an environment that was not “not conducive for an inclusive, free and credible electoral process,” according to the Associated Press."

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sage449 said:

GM Shabs, I recall hearing the same rustling for Obama - a third term.....and suggested under questionable circumstances too. I'm for term limits as I don't believe any government office in DC should be a lifetime job. While that's not the point of the post, I do remember but can't find the news or video clip on wanting Obama for a 3rd term. 

You are right.....it was wrong then and it's wrong now.  (D) or (R) makes no difference.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Sage449 said:

Not the one I want, but O suggested it. The one I want was put out by Forbes or some magazine like that, but O himself suggested it:

https://time.com/3974517/obama-third-term/

"President Obama said that if he could run for a third term he thinks he would win, while calling for African leaders to adhere to term limits during a historic speech before the African Union.

“I actually think I’m a pretty good president. I think if I ran, I could win. But I can’t,” Obama said in Ethiopia on Tuesday. ” There’s a lot that I’d like to do to keep America moving, but the law’s the law.”

President Obama addressed his third term viability while calling on African leaders to step aside when their terms end on Tuesday. During his speech, the first by an American president before the African Union, Obama said when a leader “tries to change the rules in the middle of the game” in order to stay in office it puts a nation’s stability and the future of Democratic progress across the continent at risk. Obama specifically noted recent elections in Burundi, where President Pierre Nkurunziza won a third term. The United Nations has said those elections occurred in an environment that was not “not conducive for an inclusive, free and credible electoral process,” according to the Associated Press."

As you can see, Obama was advocating for not changing the constitution and speaking to the bad things that can happen when such a thing occurs.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sage449 said:

By the way, Good Morning, Sage. ;)

GO RV, then BV

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, jaybake said:

Nice try!!  That is the sentiment for Trump because he is doing a great job for this country, but we all know that the constitution won't allow it.  The fake media would  take this as a gospel and attack the Trump supporters as bunch of lawless people. 

It is a thriving economy, no doubt about it....almost a decade now of growth, the last 2 years being quite phenomenal.  That said, I fail to see how Trump continuing to widen the division in this country can be viewed as a great job.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

Just now, Shabibilicious said:

It is a thriving economy, no doubt about it....almost a decade now of growth, the last 2 years being quite phenomenal.  That said, I fail to see how Trump continuing to widen the division in this country can be viewed as a great job.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

Of course, the media to blame for it.  Just look at the Russian dossier, how the media reported it on a daily basis. The liberal media refused to report all the good things he's doing for American, but constant bashing him with all kinds of negativities.  Also, look at the AMC trade deal, the Democrat in Congress refused to bring it up for vote.  This alone showed us that these democrats would not support anything Trump do for this country, even if it's good for this country. 

25 minutes ago, jaybake said:

Of course, the media to blame for it.  Just look at the Russian dossier, how the media reported it on a daily basis. The liberal media refused to report all the good things he's doing for American, but constant bashing him with all kinds of negativities.  Also, look at the AMC trade deal, the Democrat in Congress refused to bring it up for vote.  This alone showed us that these democrats would not support system" rel="">support anything Trump do for this country, even if it's good for this country. 

Sounds like you view it as a Democrat problem only......and the division widens.  

GO RV, then BV