Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Woman Pops Trump's Balloon

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:34 PM, bostonangler said:

He did say he would be willing to let foreign governments influence our elections... I saw it... Oh wait tomorrow he will say he never said it and the gullible will believe him. That is embarrassing.

B/A

BOOM and there it is... Although he didn't say he didn't say it, he now thankfully sees the light...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday reversed course over whether he would report foreign interference in a political campaign to U.S. law enforcement, telling Fox News in an interview he would "of course" contact authorities.

In a television interview with ABC News earlier this week, Trump had said he would be willing to listen to a foreign entity offering damaging information on a political opponent, saying "there isn't anything wrong with it".

He also told ABC he disagreed with FBI Director Christopher Wray's position that political campaigns should report suspicious communications from foreign governments.

Those comments drew sharp criticism from Democratic lawmakers, who said Trump was giving Russia a green light to interfere in the 2020 presidential election.

A top Republican ally said Trump was wrong to say he would accept dirt on political rivals from foreign sources.

Trump changed his position on Friday.

"Of course, you have to look at it ... but of course, you give it to the FBI or report it to the attorney general or somebody like that," Trump told Fox News. "You couldn't have that happen with our country, and everybody understands that."

"If I thought anything was incorrect or badly stated, I'd report it to the attorney general, the FBI. I'd report it to law enforcement, absolutely."

Former Vice President Joe Biden, the frontrunner for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination, countered Trump on Friday by releasing a video statement on Twitter pledging to not use misinformation in his campaign or tolerate outside interference.

Trump was "dead wrong," Biden said. "I won't be part of any attempt to undermine our democracy or public confidence in our institutions."

Trump's son Donald Trump Jr. was questioned by a Senate committee in a closed session on Wednesday about a June 2016 meeting at Trump Tower in New York, in which a Russian lawyer offered damaging information on Hillarious Clinton, the elder Trump's Democratic opponent in the 2016 presidential election.

On learning the topic of the meeting, Trump Jr. had written in an email: "I love it." But people who attended the meeting said later it focused on other matters.

Special Counsel Robert Mueller looked into that meeting as part of his investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

He documented extensive contacts between Trump's 2016 campaign and Russia, and said Russia waged a hacking and influence campaign to help Trump defeat Clinton, but he did not establish that members of the campaign conspired with Moscow.

• Thanks 1

Would you like ice with your Kool-Aid?

Trump Falsely Claims He Never Said He Wouldn’t Call the FBI Over Foreign Intel

Attempting belated damage control over his statement on Wednesday to ABC News that he’d welcome negative information about his campaign opponents from foreign governments, including Russia, President Donald Trump reversed himself on Friday morning and even pretended he never said it.

“Of course you give it to the FBI or report it to the attorney general or somebody like that,” he told host Steve Doocy during a 50-minute-long phone interview on his favorite morning show Fox & Friends.

Trump’s radical revision, on the morning that he was celebrating his 73rd birthday, was part of his near stream-of-consciousness musings, in which he hurled insults at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and potential Democratic opponents Joe Biden, Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren—whom he persisted in mocking as “Pocahontas”—and declined to say whether he’d endorse a hypothetical 2024 presidential run by his current vice president, Mike Pence.

“You can’t put me in that position,” Trump told host Brian Kilmeade with a chuckle. “I certainly would give it very strong consideration.”

Calling Pelosi “a disgrace” after she suggested he’d participated in a “criminal coverup,” Trump trashed former vice president Biden: “Look everybody knows that Joe Biden doesn’t have what it takes.” Citing Biden’s two previous presidential campaigns, Trump added: “I call him 1-percent Joe. He never got more than that. Obama came along and took him off the trash heap.”

Meanwhile, Trump called the out-*** mayor of South Bend, Indiana, “a joke.”

Trump also refused to say what the United States response will be to Iran’s alleged role in this week’s attacks on oil tankers in the Strait of Hormuz.

“We’ll see what happens,” he dodged.

In a discursive answer to host Steve Doocy—who asked the president to “clarify” his comment to ABC’s George Stephanopoulos that “there is nothing wrong in your estimation with accepting dirt from Russia or any other foreign country,” Trump responded: ““First of all, I don’t think anybody would present me with anything bad because they know how much I love this country,” Trump said. “Nobody is going to present me with anything bad.

“If I was—and of course you have to look at it, because unless you look at it, how are you gonna know if it’s bad?—but of course you give to the FBI or report it to the attorney general or somebody like that. But of course you do that. You couldn’t have that happen with our country. And everybody understands that.”

That answer—to one of his most fervent supporters in the media—directly contradicted Trump’s statement to Stephanopoulos during an on-camera Oval Office interview Wednesday, in which he said that “the FBI director is wrong” when Christopher Wray told a Senate committee, at the coaxing of Sen. Lindsey Graham, that it’s a campaign’s obligation to report such a foreign contact to the FBI.

Trump Is a Walking, Talking National-Security Danger

“They have information. I think I’d take it,” Trump said on ABC, adding erroneously that he has never contacted the FBI in his life. “This is somebody that said, ‘We have information on your opponent.’ ‘Oh, let me call the FBI.’ Give me a break. Life doesn’t work that way.”

But on Fox & Friends, Trump insisted: “And I thought it was made clear. And I actually said at the beginning—I think I said that I’d do both … They say ‘Oh, he would accept it.’ But if I don’t listen, you’re not gonna know.”

Responding to Ainsley Earhardt, Trump also defended his plan to change the iconic baby-blue paintjob on Air Force One—which he attributed to “Jackie O”—to a patriotic red, white and blue color scheme.

“We have our own Jackie O,” Trump said. “Melania.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-falsely-claims-never-said-143224222.html

Imagine, just yesterday I said he would say he didn't say it... He must be getting "oldtimers disease" Yes Mr. President, the rest of us do have a memory.

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1