Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Conway to Trump: 'You Would Have Been Fired From Any Other Job By Now'

George Conway to Trump: 'You would have been fired from any other job by now'

b5a79750-64f3-11e8-a84a-b9ffcc81865a_400px_Kadia.jpg
Kadia Tubman  Yahoo NewsJune 9, 2019
President Trump (Photo: Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images); George Conway (Photo: Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

President Trump (Photo: Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images); George Conway (Photo: Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

Outspoken Trump critic George Conway on Sunday said the president “would have been fired from any other job by now,” for “self-defeating behavior” after he celebrated then defended a deal his administration forged with Mexico to avoid tariffs he threatened to impose in retaliation to illegal immigration.

“I know it is not at all ‘Presidential’ to hit back at the Corrupt Media, or people who work for the Corrupt Media, when they make false statements about me or the Trump Administration,” the president tweeted Saturday, a day after he announced the deal with Mexico, aspects of which the New York Times reported were already agreed upon months before the president’s tariff threat.

“Problem is, if you don’t hit back, people believe the Fake News is true. So we’ll hit back!” Trump’s tweet continued.

“You’re not ‘presidential’ at all, period,” Conway, who has fiercely advocated for Trump’s resignation and called the president's mental fitness into question, responded Sunday via Twitter after the president lambasted media reports that devalued his deal.

“You’re mentally unwell,” Conway wrote. “You engage in bizarre, irrational, self-defeating behavior, which prompts criticism of you, which triggers more bizarre, irrational, self-defeating behavior. You would have been fired from any other job by now.”

“Do yourself and the country a favor,” Conway added. “Resign and seek the psychological treatment you so obviously need.”

Later, Trump on Sunday “hit back” against the New York Times after they called into question the breakthrough he claimed for his deal and compared his record to that of his predecessor Barack Obama.

“Another false report in the Failing @nytimes,” he wrote in the first in a series of tweets. “We have been trying to get some of these Border Actions for a long time, as have other administrations, but were not able to get them, or get them in full, until our signed agreement with Mexico.”

“If President Obama made the deals that I have made, both at the Border and for the Economy, the Corrupt Media would be hailing them as Incredible [and] a National Holiday would be immediately declared,” he followed up in a separate tweet. “With me, despite our record setting Economy and all that I have done, no credit!”

Before reaching the deal with Mexico, Trump threatened to impose 5 percent tariffs on all Mexican goods starting on Monday if Mexico didn’t act to stem the flow of Central American migrants traveling through to the Mexico-U.S. border to seek asylum.

Democratic candidates criticized his close-call trade war with Mexico and overall approach to addressing what Trump has called a “humanitarian and national security crisis” at the border.

“The president has completely overblown what he reports to have achieved,” said Democratic candidate Beto O’Rourke Sunday in an interview on ABC’s “This Week.” “These are agreements that Mexico had already made, in some cases months ago. They might have accelerated the time table, but by and large the president achieved nothing except to jeopardize the most important trading relationship that the United States of America has.”

He continued: “There are 6 million jobs in this country that depend on U.S.-Mexico trade, about 40 percent of the value of everything that we import from Mexico actually originated here in this country, on factory floors in Michigan, in Indiana and Ohio, farmers right here in Iowa who depend on those markets in Mexico that they’ve worked a lifetime to create.”

“We need a leader in this country who’s going to make sure that we fight for those farmers for the American workers, that we strengthen our ties with Mexico and that we secure our connection with the rest of the world, not through walls or putting kids in cages,” O’Rourke added.

Another 2020 hopeful, Sen. Bernie Sanders, D-Vt., blasted Trump for using tariffs to threaten allies and implementing a "trade policy based on tweets."

“What the president has done is tout what, in fact, in many respects Mexico has agreed to do many months ago,” said Sanders in an interview with CNN's “State of the Union” Sunday. “What the world is tired of, and what I am tired of, is a president who consistently goes to war, verbal war, with our allies — whether it is Mexico, whether it is Canada.”

“We need a decent relationship with Mexico,” he added. “They are our allies, as is the case with Canada. We should not be confronting them every other day.”

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-threatens-more-tariffs-mexico-105131442.html

The part I truly enjoy is when Trump, in his typical narcissistic way, tweets his wanton fantasy of having a National Holiday for his very own....where he is fawned over by millions for all to see.....His jealousy of former POTUS Barrack Obama is awe inspiring.  :)

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Yep I ALWAYS listen to George Conway and hang on his EVERY word. WHO THE HELL IS THIS FOOL?? Oh that's right just another Trump hater!

He's the 'FOOL' who Mrs. Kellyanne Conway, Counselor to Trump, chose as a husband and father to their children.....she, like her boss, only surrounds herself with the best and brightest.  :huh:

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

George Thomas Conway III is an American attorney. Conway was on the short list of candidates considered by President Donald Trump for United States Solicitor General prior to the nomination in March 2017 of Noel Francisco for that position. Wikipedia

Born: September 2, 1963 (age 55 years), Boston, MA

Nationality: American

A pretty bright guy by the looks of it.
B/A
  • Upvote 2

It would appear to me that it is NOT up to George Conway, the lame left or corrupt media.  If there actually was a  real reason to "FIRE" (lol) or impeach PTrump it would have already taken place.  The right took control in 2016 and the hate that is continuously spewed by the left because of defeat does not qualify for "FIRING".  They can't  even lie and canive enough to actually bring about such a ridiculous statement.  Hoping and wishing for something is useless unless you have the means to bring it about.  The left continues to search for these means to fill the hate and self seeking power but none can be found.  Hate and ignorance or invalid, lying words have never and will never rule the day as long as " We the people" stand firm. 

Shabbs, you know good and well that PTrump has done and is doing good for our Country.  His past moral standing has always been in question but who among us can point a finger?  Do I live and conduct myself like I did in my younger days.?   NO!  THANK GOD!  Have my beliefs changed?  ABSOLUTED!  I thank God again.   Sometimes I think your enjoyment comes from aggravating and instigating but in all reality you know the truth.  In your heart you know what's right but your love to bring about quarrels and instigate chaos is a more rooted love.  Is this love in your personal, everyday life with your family also or just here on dv to aggrevate?  I ask only to understand what your family must go thru.  It would be a horror if I had to live with such a heart filled hate of another.  I just don't  believe you hate as much as you enjoy disagreeing with others and causing grumblings.  Go play golf and ease your mind.  The stress you put on your self is unhealthy.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, learning all i can said:

It would appear to me that it is NOT up to George Conway, the lame left or corrupt media.  If there actually was a  real reason to "FIRE" (lol) or impeach PTrump it would have already taken place.  The right took control in 2016 and the hate that is continuously spewed by the left because of defeat does not qualify for "FIRING".  They can't  even lie and canive enough to actually bring about such a ridiculous statement.  Hoping and wishing for something is useless unless you have the means to bring it about.  The left continues to search for these means to fill the hate and self seeking power but none can be found.  Hate and ignorance or invalid, lying words have never and will never rule the day as long as " We the people" stand firm. 

Shabbs, you know good and well that PTrump has done and is doing good for our Country.  His past moral standing has always been in question but who among us can point a finger?  Do I live and conduct myself like I did in my younger days.?   NO!  THANK GOD!  Have my beliefs changed?  ABSOLUTED!  I thank God again.   Sometimes I think your enjoyment comes from aggravating and instigating but in all reality you know the truth.  In your heart you know what's right but your love to bring about quarrels and instigate chaos is a more rooted love.  Is this love in your personal, everyday life with your family also or just here on dv to aggrevate?  I ask only to understand what your family must go thru.  It would be a horror if I had to live with such a heart filled hate of another.  I just don't  believe you hate as much as you enjoy disagreeing with others and causing grumblings.  Go play golf and ease your mind.  The stress you put on your self is unhealthy.

Thank you for the concern for my family's well being, Barb....much appreciated.  ;)

And please, by all means....understand that people who choose to hold Trump accountable are also "We The People"....as hard as it may be to fathom, it's not a title exclusive to Trump supporters. 

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Thank you for the concern for my family's well being, Barb....much appreciated.  ;)

And please, by all means....understand that people who choose to hold Trump accountable are also "We The People"....as hard as it may be to fathom, it's not a title exclusive to Trump supporters. 

GO RV, then BV

sorry shab...I think YOUR people dropped the Ball on the BIG O as we are finding out how BAD he was

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, jaman said:

sorry shab...I think YOUR people dropped the Ball on the BIG O as we are finding out how BAD he was

I have no people Jaman....I'm simply my own man....I vote how I vote, party has no bearing, though the Trump Party will probably never get a vote from me. I've voted Republican many times in the past and see no reason why that wouldn't happen again if they right their ship.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

Is this love in your personal, everyday life with your family also or just here on dv to aggrevate?  I ask only to understand what your family must go thru.  It would be a horror if I had to live with such a heart filled hate of another.  I just don't  believe you hate as much as you enjoy disagreeing with others and causing grumblings.  Go play golf and ease your mind.  The stress you put on your self is unhealthy.

End Quote

Sorry, learning all I can.....But in my very humble opinion I believe we all should leave Members families out of any discussion / debate when posting...Or else that would sound like a personal attack....That should never be the case

I never heard Shabs talk about any Member Family and / or getting involved  and / or commenting into a Member personal situation ( at least in such a way and/ or context) ....

A definite NO-NO in my book...JMHO

Edited by umbertino
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

16 hours ago, umbertino said:

Your taking this an blowing it out of portion, if anyone feel the need to report personal attacks, they don't need you to do it on their behalf, we are all grown ups here...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

No worries from me.  I tend to put very little stock in the words of people who question my love for my family and view me as a hater, while they themselves support and enable a man, who has proven himself through childish and disgraceful mean tweets while occupying  OUR White House to be the most hateful and dishonest person to ever be elected.  

GO  RV, the BV

• Thanks 3
  • Downvote 3

22 hours ago, umbertino said:

Is this love in your personal, everyday life with your family also or just here on dv to aggrevate?  I ask only to understand what your family must go thru.  It would be a horror if I had to live with such a heart filled hate of another.  I just don't  believe you hate as much as you enjoy disagreeing with others and causing grumblings.  Go play golf and ease your mind.  The stress you put on your self is unhealthy.

End Quote

Sorry, learning all I can.....But in my very humble opinion I believe we all should leave Members families out of any discussion / debate when posting...Or else that would sound like a personal attack....That should never be the case

I never heard Shabs talk about any Member Family and / or getting involved  and / or commenting into a Member personal situation ( at least in such a way and/ or context) ....

I appreciate your support in this matter Umbertino, but it's  really not necessary.  I like to think she meant well and was trying to channel her Christian teachings as best she could.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, yota691 said:

Your taking this an blowing it out of portion, if anyone feel the need to report personal attacks, they don't need you to do it on their behalf, we are all grown ups here...

I felt like stating my feelings  ( in a well-mannered way obviously)...I guess it's still allowed here...

Just like you did now....So it's all good

• Thanks 1

On 6/10/2019 at 11:04 AM, Shabibilicious said:

I've voted Republican many times in the past and see no reason why that wouldn't happen again if they right their ship.  :peace:

I believe the Dems need to right their ship.  Their unlawful activities will be exposed in the coming weeks.  By exposed I’m talking INDICTMENTS!!!  

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

OUR White House to be the most hateful and dishonest person to ever be elected.  

Only your opinion and not true imo.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

I believe the Dems need to right their ship.  Their unlawful activities will be exposed in the coming weeks.  By exposed I’m talking INDICTMENTS!!!  

Only your opinion and not true imo.  

His tweets say otherwise and are indisputable to those unafraid to channel intellectual  honesty.  As always, just my opinion.

This is the part where you say you have issues with much of his childish character  flaws, but can overlook it for the sake of country and face saving.  Once again. Just my opinion. 😏

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 3
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

This is the part where you say you have issues with much of his childish character  flaws, but can overlook it for the sake of country and face saving.  Once again. Just my opinion. 😏

Ya, the above statement by you is fair.   I would rather have Trump in office than the unlawful HRC.  Those were our choices in 2016.  As much as you abhor President Trump I abhor HRC.  And, just for you Shabbs, I believe HRC is RUBBISH!!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

And let's not forget that stalwart of integrity Obummer. Spying on his enemies, turning the IRS on his political enemies, Lying to the American people EVERYTIME he moved his lips. Trump tweets and attacks after people trash him, as opposed to the "The One" who needed no reason to commit crimes against his enemies. And don't even get into the Great Ones knowledge of the HillDawg's spying and corruption. He was an enabler. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Pitcher said:

Ya, the above statement by you is fair.   I would rather have Trump in office than the unlawful HRC.  Those were our choices in 2016.  As much as you abhor President Trump I abhor HRC.  And, just for you Shabbs, I believe HRC is RUBBISH!!!  

It's  pretty telling to think TDS is merely  in it's  infancy when compared  to HDS...going on for almost a quarter century.  Rubbish you say?

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1