Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump to place 5% tariff on all imports from Mexico until "illegal migrants coming through Mexico...

***///

We could impose maximum tariffs on Mexico for the next 50 years and they'd STILL be far short of

re-paying US Taxpayers for the TRILLIONS of Dollars their 'work'-legal & illegal aliens here have cost US.

They soak US dry through services,

wire the money they make off US back across the border,

we get stuck housing them, feeding them, pay the price when they hit/kill US on our roads

with one of the highest DUI rates anywhere - not to mention NO insurance,

we educate their children at the expense of our own,

suffer greatly from the diseases they bring US,

poison US with their un-regulated meat & produce,

we suffer massive casualties from their drug trade and cartel & gang violence, 

and send them BILLIONS in US Aid.

Well, we've had enough!  We say "NO MAS" !  :angry::angry:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

And yet we have the lowest unemployment numbers in history, a nearly four point plus GDP, and a booming economy. FACTS  really suck don't they?

It's funny you brought up employment...

Private sector employment growth decelerates sharply in May: ADP/Moody's

Job growth in the private sector slowed dramatically in May, adding to concerns of a deceleration in U.S. economic expansion.

New private sector payrolls rose by just 27,000 in May, ADP Research Institute and Moody’s reported Wednesday, versus 185,000 new private payrolls expected by consensus economists polled by Bloomberg. The disappointing reading represented the smallest gain in private positions since the start of the current U.S. economic expansion.

May’s reading also marks a sharp reduction from April’s slightly downwardly revised reading of 271,000 new private sector positions, from 275,000 seen previously.

“Job growth is moderating. Labor shortages are impeding job growth, particularly at small companies, and layoffs at brick-and-mortar retailers are hurting,” Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody’s Analytics, said in a statement.

via ADP Research Institute

via ADP Research Institute
More

Small businesses bore the brunt of May’s deceleration, with companies employing fewer than 50 workers seeing a loss of 52,000 payrolls between April and May.

By sector, goods-producing companies lost 43,000 private positions in May, with construction firms leading declines. The service sector added a total of 71,000 jobs, the slowest pace of gains since September 2017.

Wednesday’s report from ADP/Moody’s adds to a roster of softening data on the U.S. economy. IHS Markit’s survey of U.S. manufacturers fell to a near decade low in April. Its survey of activity in the services sector – typically the more robust portion of the U.S. economy – fell to a more than three-year low.

“Bottom line, the slowdown seen in many non labor economic statistics finally showed up in a slower rate of hiring,” Peter Boockvar, chief investment officer for Bleakley Advisory Group, wrote in an email.

Stock futures pared gains Wednesday morning following the report, with contracts on the Dow retreating from advances of more than 150 points earlier in the session. In bond markets, the 2-year U.S. Treasury yield fell 9 basis points to below 1.80%, marking the lowest level since December 2017, and the 10-year yield broke below 2.10%.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics releases its monthly report on nonfarm payrolls and the state of the U.S. job market on Friday. Consensus economists are expecting that 180,000 new non-farm payrolls and 175,000 private payrolls were added in May

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/adp-national-employment-report-may-2019-123123509.html

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Private sector employment growth decelerates sharply in May: ADP/Moody's

Job growth in the private sector slowed

What's funny is you don't realize that's because we now have more available job's in America than available workers. So of course job growth will naturally decelerate. 

Most would refer it to the ebb and flow of a vibrant economy. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

What's funny is you don't realize that's because we now have more available job's in America than available workers. So of course job growth will naturally decelerate. 

Most would refer it to the ebb and flow of a vibrant economy. 

I like the way you think, but I think with 100's if not thousands of retailers closing there is an underlying problem. I'm not saying Trump has anything to do with it. It is technology. But like always, the only thing that is constant is change, and change is coming like it always does. Who would have thought 10 years ago that newspaper, the strongest of all media would die in less than a decade? 15 years ago that would have been inconceivable. 15 years ago, newspapers owned most of the TV stations... Radio is going to be next, most of my clients are dropping their advertising dollars for radio and moving them elsewhere.

B/A

• Upvote 1

On 6/4/2019 at 3:22 AM, Botzwana said:

Of course if I chime in on this….I Will be redded.  2 crap country huh?  There are over 2 million WHITE americans that live down here pal.    How much is your property tax per year?  3k?  Mine is 30 bucks.  That is one of the many reasons I choose Mexico over the VERY EXPENSIVE USA to live.   How is that civil forfeiture working out in the free USA?  Oh, except it is your local pólice who are helping themselves to innocent americans belongings for free to the tune of billions a year.  I can walk my dog down here without a leash and do not get a 400 fine like I would in the U.S.  Talk about freedoms!  If you break your arm in the u.s. without expensive insurance how much would that be?  6k?  So you could possibly lose your house due to insurance you couldnt afford in the first place.  Sounds like boatloads of freedoms there.  I broke my arm down here without insurance.  70 bucks at the emergency room.  Xrays temp cast, pain shot the Works.  NOT in danger of losing my house over seventy bucks down here.  

I know it seems the american thing to do to run down Mexico.  But remember the other things please.  And stop being so darn racist.  2 crap country.  Oh, have you visited downtown Camden NJ at midnight?  Or downtown St. Louis perhaps?  Stop pretending the U.S. is the perfection of life.    No one has EVER been raped in the u.s.?  I mean you claim it only happens in Mexico.  Where was Ted Bundy operating out of?  Oh ….right….

Great post and thanks

• Upvote 1

On 6/5/2019 at 8:06 AM, bostonangler said:

The only haters are Trump supporters when someone disagrees with them. My party comment was about the Republican party deserting Trump... Their bosses have told them his economic policies are not good for business.

B/A

REALLY ?

Then Explain this. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

REALLY ?

Then Explain this. 

I was talking about on this site... I know there are plenty of haters out there (in the world) on both sides. My comment was about DV. I don't see people who don't like Trump on this board attacking Trumpkins., But I do see Trumpkins on the board attacking anyone who disagrees with them...

It seems there is a bit more tolerance and patience with those who don't like Trump than his followers on this board. That was my point.

B/A

Edited by bostonangler
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

I was talking about on this site... I know there are plenty of haters out there (in the world) on both sides. My comment was about DV. I don't see people who don't like Trump on this board attacking Trumpkins., But I do see Trumpkins on the board attacking anyone who disagrees with them...

It seems there is a bit more tolerance and patience with those who don't like Trump than his followers on this board. That was my point.

B/A

That's a two way street here and you know it.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, bostonangler said:

B/A

Agreed....Sorry B/A....Ran out of pluses....

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

I think those on Trump's team are more vicious than those who oppose him... I could mention names, but what's the point?

B/A

Agreed...No point....

We must show we believe in Democracy ( world-wide) and that we ( who believe  something else politically, ethically, and humanely in the end, we world people) do acknowledge others' full right to think much differently from us

Diversity of thought, opinions, etc...is what makes the world richer, more interesting , more stimulating...Possibly inspiring  provoking debates and progress and growth politically etc...JMHO

Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bostonangler said:

I think those on Trump's team are more vicious than those who oppose him... I could mention names, but what's the point?

B/A

That's absolutely ridiculous. Start a thread showing all of the Trump supporters beating the crap out of the young liberals.  

I started a thread some time ago showing crazy liberals attacking Trump supporters.  And it already has 47 replies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

The right doesn't have to create fake stories

No their leader creates fakeness all day long every day...

Nothing personal, but I have never seen anyone lie as much everyday as our current president... He doesn't tell the truth when it would serve him well... He has a disease. He really does need professional help. I have known habitual liars and they can't help themselves. They need professional help to even begin to understand why they can't tell the truth. Even when he is recorded on tape, he lies and denies he ever said it... That is pretty sad, especially for the leader of the free world. There was another thread asking for God to help him. I thought that was a good idea.

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

If you like your Health Care you can keep it

If you want to keep your Doctor you can

Premiums will go down for you.

The Barry Care Act was the biggest lie in American History. That law has hurt more businesses and families than any other Law. 

Thank Dems you suck!!!

No reason to respond because I’m ready to put about 100 more lies the Dems have perpetrated on us.  To be fair the Reps have told their share of whoppers too. 

You Dems just single out Trump, all Politicians lie. Do you not remember Slick Willie.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Pitcher said:

If you like your Health Care you can keep it

If you want to keep your Doctor you can

Premiums will go down for you.

The Barry Care Act was the biggest lie in American History. That law has hurt more businesses and families than any other Law. 

Thank Dems you suck!!!

No reason to respond because I’m ready to put about 100 more lies the Dems have perpetrated on us.  To be fair the Reps have told their share of whoppers too. 

You Dems just single out Trump, all Politicians lie. Do you not remember Slick Willie.  

Don't you work for yourself??? If so you need to talk to your account... If not, you need to create a sole-proprietorship...

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/health-insurance-tax-deductible-sole-proprietors-60334.html

Health care can be affordable if you are self employed...

B/A

• Upvote 1

Health care can be affordable if you are self employed...

B/A

That's funny. My daughter was unemployed and wanted to get insurance. She applied and because she was living with us, (and not covered under my insurance) the total household income was to high and she could not get it. Oh, but for $250 the unemployed female could get the ACA. So yes we paid for it so she could get coverage but I could not claim it on my taxes. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

That's funny. My daughter was unemployed and wanted to get insurance. She applied and because she was living with us, (and not covered under my insurance) the total household income was to high and she could not get it. Oh, but for $250 the unemployed female could get the ACA. So yes we paid for it so she could get coverage but I could not claim it on my taxes. 

You have to know how to play the system. Illegals get help from others that work the system already. Only if your daughter would have said, she paid rent and it does not matter how much I believe; to you she would have been eligible for full benefits. I heard a story one time where a guy helped a guy off the streets and called the government for help. Because he now was sleeping in the guys house he no longer qualified. Or, how about when my x and I split, I had no where to go. I did my darndest to get some help so I would not be living on the streets. The one place that called me back said that for me to receive help I had to be homeless for 2 weeks and because my x-wifes income was counted as part of mine, and she did not share It even made it more difficult. Oh, boy. 

I made it though. Sheez.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Trump says U.S. and Mexico have reached a deal on trade and migration, with the threat of tariffs on Mexican imports ‘indefinitely suspended’

I am pleased to inform you that The United States of America has reached a signed agreement with Mexico,” President Trump tweeted Friday. “The Tariffs ...

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

I got it all covered. I earn a good living but losing my doctor hurt.  I just feel sorry for people whose premiums went up and had to go with a higher deductible just to afford healthcare.  I have friends in their 40’s who are paying over 2k a month for healthcare insurance.  That is insane, especially when illegals get free healthcare.   My wife runs a major hospital in Houston and you should hear her stories about the abuse and Government waste.  

Barry Care is a disaster.  It will not work the way it is set up.  The Law was rammed down the country’s throat, it was poorly written, and basically it was designed to be replaced by a single payer at some time in the future. I’m none to happy with the Republicans who failed to eliminate it and come up with a better system.   Thank you John McCain.  RIP

One day the truth will come out about how Doctors, Healthcare Providers, and Drug Companies made sweetheart deals with the Barry Administration to get on board with the new Law.  A lot of people got free insurance and a lot Companies got filthy rich at the expense of the majority of the middle class population and small businesses.   There is no doubt in my mind it was the main reason the Dems lost the House, Senate, and Presidency.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, yota691 said:

Trump says U.S. and Mexico have reached a deal on trade and migration, with the threat of tariffs on Mexican imports ‘indefinitely suspended’

I am pleased to inform you that The United States of America has reached a signed agreement with Mexico,” President Trump tweeted Friday. “The Tariffs ...

Its amazing! The deal hasn't been completed for that long and there are experts (key board warriors ) out there saying how it's a terrible deal,  we got played again and that it will cost the American tax payer again.  What about the wall they say. It's only a temporary fix they say.  

One party could give the other party all the money they want and they would still complain because they have to pay taxes.  No matter what anyone does there will always be someone to scream and complain that it's not good enough,  it was a dumb idea , it won't last or  they could do it better.   It's gotten to the point that I really think humanity is lost.  JMO

• Like 1

US makes deal with Mexico on tariffs, immigration, Trump announces

President Trump plans to sit down with top aides and decide if Mexico is doing enough to avert his threat of immediate 5 percent tariffs; FBN's Susan Li reports.

The U.S. has reached an agreement with Mexico that heads off the start of tariffs on Monday.

The deal, announced by President Trump via tweet on Friday night, is said to include plans to return migrants seeking asylum to Mexico, where they will remain until their claims can be processed.

"I am pleased to inform you that The United States of America has reached a signed agreement with Mexico. The Tariffs scheduled to be implemented by the U.S. on Monday, against Mexico, are hereby indefinitely suspended," he said. "Mexico, in turn, has agreed to take strong measures to....stem the tide of Migration through Mexico, and to our Southern Border. This is being done to greatly reduce, or eliminate, Illegal Immigration coming from Mexico and into the United States. Details of the agreement will be released shortly by the State Department. Thank you!"

HUNDREDS OF AFRICAN MIGRANTS CROSS US-MEXICAN BORDER IN TEXAS OVER PAST WEEK: REPORTS

Trump had taken a tough position toward Mexico earlier in the day, tweeting, "If we are unable to make the deal, Mexico will begin paying Tariffs at the 5% level on Monday!" Mexico was able to avoid these tariffs on farm and agricultural products, according to Trump's announcement.

Mexico promises to deploy its National Guard throughout Mexico, particularly at the border, increase actions to dismantle human trafficking operations to smuggle individuals across the border, and take extra steps to coordinate with the American government to share information and "better protect and secure our common border," according to a statement from the State Department.

Even members within Trump's party had, in the days leading up to Friday's announcement, advised against imposing tariffs on Mexico, warning of the calamity it could cause for both nation's economies. Also of concern: the possibility of hindering a trade deal with Mexico and Canada.

Trump was proposing a 5 percent tariff on Mexcian goods, which would increase up to 25 percent every month, potentially harming American consumers and manufacturers who purchased $378 billion worth of Mexican imports in 2018.

Some Democrats responded with ire even in the wake of the new deal. One was 2020 presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke, who tweeted: "The damage of Trump's reckless trade policies and tariffs has already been done. What we see is yet another example of him trying to be both the arsonist who created this problem in the first place and the firefighter who wants credit for addressing it."

Nonetheless, Republican leader Kevin Brady of the House Ways and Means Committee congratulated Trump on the agreement, calling it a "strong win for Texas and America."

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Botzwana said:

I Heard apart of this deal helps mexico take on the cartels again.  Wipe them all out.

Hello Botz......

Sorry to say but I believe that's just impossible...Those cartels will never be wiped out..... The power they hold in terms of money  ( unlimited resources), firearm power, men and women working for them  and cahoots with politics ( corruption etc) will never be eradicated....

Sure you may have a few arrests and even significant  drug seizures here and there once in awhile...But the monster grew way too much ( just like mafia groups here in my country...Cosa Nostra from Sicily, Camorra from Naples and  'Ndrangheta from Calabria, the worst of all)

Many years ago Colombia's superboss Pablo Escobar Gaviria offered to pay the entire debt of Colombia in change of an officially-sealed  freedom deal with the Colombian Gov't....Big shots said no ( what else could they say)...Just gives you  the idea of how powerful those cartels are....... When caught he was anyway able to get a special jail built in the countryside  just for him with basically total freedom...

I heard that by now the Mexican cartels are altogether bigger and strongere than Colombian cartels

Edited by umbertino
  • Haha 1