Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Barzani confirms the full commitment to work with Abdul Mahdi to resolve the outstanding issues

yota691

masror-gov.jpg

Barzani is pleased to speak unambiguously about Kurdistan and his government and confirms: Our future is linked to a secure and democratic Iraq

https://www.shafaaq.com/ar/كوردســتانيات/مسرور-بارزاني-يتحدث-بلا-تشفير-عن-كوردستان-وحكومته-ويؤكد-مستقبلنا-مرتبط-بعراق-آمن-وديمقراطي/

2019/07/18 12:22:47

"The President of the Kurdistan Regional Government, pleased Barzani, an article in the Washington Post, speaking of the overall tasks and aspirations, a week after the formation of his new government.
"After 16 years of unrest in Iraq, five years of brutal war with the terrorist group Da'ash, the enemy that has put humanity at risk, we start a new journey towards building a stronger Kurdistan," Barzani said in his article. , We the Kurdistan Regional Government, to overcome the recent shocks, strengthen our position in the region and secure our presence on the international arena In short, we want to start a new beginning.
"My job is to change the way we do things, at home and abroad." As Prime Minister, I will present a different way of doing business that feeds the challenges we have faced, builds on our achievements and responds to a global dynamic.
The war against the Islamic state, which we helped lead on behalf of the world community, has hurt us economically. The burden became unbearable. The cost of war, the federal budget cuts by the government in Baghdad and the mass movement of refugees to our territory have left us with billions of dollars in debt.
During our suffering, we have remained a friend, a Western ally and a partner in the region. Since the Islamic state took control of much of western Iraq and eastern Syria in mid-2014, we have shown that our fight against terrorists was about protecting our allies as much as protecting ourselves.
We provided intelligence that foiled terrorist attacks abroad and provided refuge for some two million people who fled persecution. We have clearly demonstrated our good intentions as global citizens, and the shelter of Arabs, Kurds, Muslims, Yazidis, Christians, Turkmen and others. Ten kilometers from our parliament building, there is a thriving Christian community, from all over the Middle East, who build churches and practice their rituals in peace.
However, the cost of other refugees is increasing and is still partially funded. We can not play our role as hosts alone. We need to secure a future for the displaced and ourselves, and ask for help from our friends in the West in a number of ways.
Our challenges begin within Kurdistan of Iraq, which has been our homeland throughout the ages. As prime minister, I will carry out reforms based on the best global experience.
My Government will establish a diversified economy that will bring greater prosperity to all. Censon legislation to make Kurdistan an attractive location for investors. We will integrate and modernize our armed forces. We will work to ensure that the government serves the people, not vice versa. Engaging us politically and financially will be necessary for this transformation, so I invite our friends to do so.
I will also take steps to reset the relationship between Arbil and Baghdad, which has been precarious for 16 years.
We signed an agreement through which we received a share of the Iraqi budget. But allotments are rarely fully delivered. It is time for a more constructive and stable partnership with Baghdad. This week, I visited Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi, the first Prime Minister, where we discussed proposals to resolve disputes over oil, land, budgets and the role of our armed forces. I want to ensure that our agreements are respected through equitable distribution of budget revenues. The resolution would provide the firm foundation for future cooperation. Our future is tied to a secure and democratic Iraq.
In 2017, Kurdistan Iraq held a referendum on independence. The ballot was non-binding, but 93 per cent of the people voted in favor. While we welcomed the greater support of the international community for our right to self-determination, our priority now is to establish a strong and stable Kurdistan region based on the international community. We ask those who helped us protect them to recognize the constructive global role we played by helping us build our economy.
Over many generations of conflict, every family in Kurdistan Iraq has suffered a personal loss. We can no longer dispel the sacrifices made by many, by returning to the conflict that has plagued relations between parties and neighbors.
We have many friends in the international community who wish us good, but it is time to do more. We reaffirm our role as an honest broker that everyone trusts. We do so through the perspective of true friendship, having shown our unwavering support for the interests of our allies, including the United States, and our commitment to democratic values. We need our friends to help us start over.

Edited by 6ly410
  • Like 1

359400image1.jpg

Ludrián Barzani: We stay by your side in times of peace as in times of war

The President of the Kurdistan Region, Nezhirvan Barzani, received on Thursday a message from the French Foreign Minister, in which he expressed his appreciation for the decisive role he played in strengthening the relations between Arbil and Baghdad.
"You have full experience and legitimacy in running a policy that is full of hope to strengthen the relations between Baghdad and Erbil, with the consolidation of regional security and Iraq in general, against any danger of the re-emergence of terrorism and the implementation of reforms necessary to achieve the good life of Kurdistan, Iraq,
"France will remain at your side in times of peace as it stood with you in time of war and will be loyal to the historical relations that bind the two sides, which made it a war," he said, insisting on its commitment to respect Kurdish hopes in a unified, .

Edited by 6ly410
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Kurdistan Wants to Make a New Start: PM Masrour Barzani

Basnews English 18/07/2019 - 22:49 Published in Kurdistan

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/en/news/kurdistan/534461

Kurdistan Wants to Make a New Start: PM Masrour Barzani

ERBIL — The next four years will be “a defining time” for Kurdistan Region, its neighbors and allies, Prime Minister Masrour Barzani said a week after he formed the new cabinet of Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG).

In an op-ed on Thursday, the Kurdish prime minister said Kurdistan Region is working to look past the recent traumas, consolidate its place in the region, and secure a presence on the international stage. “In short, we want to make a new start,” he wrote.

“Last week, I formed a government to lead the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. My mission is to change the way we do things, both at home and abroad. As prime minister, I will offer a different way of doing business that feeds off the challenges we’ve endured, builds on our achievements and responds to an evolving global dynamic,” reads a fragment from Barzani’s opinion.

We are embarking on a new journey toward building a stronger Kurdistan.

He reminds that leading a costly war against the Islamic State (IS), sheltering millions of Syrian refugees and Iraqi IDPs, and having its share from the Iraqi federal budget cut, Kurdistan Region is left with “billions of dollars in debt”.

Despite the ongoing challenges, as Barzani explains, the Kurdistan Region has remained a friend and ally of the West and a partner in the region. He emphasized that the leading role of Peshmerga forces in the war against the Islamic State was as much about protecting Kurdistan’s allies as it was about safeguarding Kurdistan itself.

Throughout our hardships, we have remained a friend and ally of the West and a partner in the region.

“We have provided intelligence that has foiled terrorist attacks abroad and offered refuge to almost 2 million people fleeing persecution. We have clearly demonstrated our good faith as global citizens, sheltering Arabs, Kurds, Muslims, Yazidis, Christians, Turkmen and others. Ten kilometers from our parliament building is a thriving community of Christians, from all parts of the Middle East, who are building churches and worshiping in peace.”

Barzani renewed a call on the Western allies to help Kurdistan Region to secure a future for the displaced and for the people of Kurdistan Region. He noted that as the prime minister of Kurdistan Region, he will implement reforms that will adopt global best practices and bring accountability to all arms of civil service and cabinet.

We have clearly demonstrated our good faith as global citizens, sheltering Arabs, Kurds, Muslims, Yazidis, Christians, Turkmen and others.

“My government will create a diversified economy that delivers growing prosperity for all. We will enact legislation to make Kurdistan a welcoming and attractive location for investors. We will integrate and modernize our armed forces. And we will transform public services and tackle corruption to ensure that the government serves the people, not the other way around. Engaging us politically and financially will be essential to this transformation, and I call on our friends to do so,” Barzani wrote.

“I will also take steps to reset the relationship between Erbil and Baghdad, which has remained fraught for the past 16 years. For most of that time we have essentially governed ourselves, though without breaking our tie with Iraq.”

We cannot perform our role as hosts alone. We need to secure a future for the displaced and for ourselves.

The Kurdish prime minister also shed light on his visit to Baghdad this week, where he met with Iraqi President, Prime Minister, and Parliament Speaker to discuss the ties between Erbil and Baghdad. Barzani revealed that he had discussed with him ways to settle the disputes over oil, territory, budgets and the role of Peshmerga forces. “I want to ensure that our agreements are honored through a fair distribution of budget. A resolution would offer the bedrock for future cooperation. Our future is wedded to a secure and democratic Iraq,” he reasserted.

On the 2017’s independence referendum of Kurdistan Region, to which 93% of people voted in favor but it faced international community’s backlash, PM Barzani said they would have welcomed greater support from the international community for the right of people of Kurdistan to self-determination. However, he notes that the priority now is to create a strong, stable Kurdistan Region anchored within the international community. “We ask those whom we helped protect to acknowledge the constructive global role we have played by helping us build our economy.”

We cannot perform our role as hosts alone. We need to secure a future for the displaced and for ourselves.

“Over many generations of conflict, every family in Iraqi Kurdistan has suffered a personal loss. We can no longer relinquish solidarity, or squander the sacrifices made by so many, through returning to the squabbling that plagued the relationships between parties and neighbors,” the Kurdish premier continued.

He reminded that Kurds have always been honest brokers trusted by all, including the United States, and that they are expecting their friends to help them “start again”.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Barzani: We look forward to a new beginning with Baghdad .. Our future is linked to a strong Iraq

Barzani: We look forward to a new beginning with Baghdad .. Our future is linked to a strong Iraq

Political | 06:38 - 18/07/2019

Torgomh- balances News 
President of the Kurdistan Regional Government is pleased Barzani spoke, an article published in the Washington Post newspaper , the US about the relationship between the province and the center and ways to address the outstanding problems between them, Vinma said he will reform at the level of the region and beyond. 
"After 16 years of unrest in Iraq and five years of brutal war with the terrorist group Da'ash, the enemy that has exposed all of humanity, we begin a new journey towards building a stronger Kurdistan and the next four years will be a defining time for us and our neighbors," Barzani said in the article. And our allies, where we look forward, we the Kurdistan Regional Government, to overcome the recent shocks, and strengthen our position in the region and secure our presence on the international arena In short, we want to start a new beginning.
"Last week, I formed a government to lead the Kurdistan region of Iraq, and my job is to change the way we do things, both at home and abroad, as prime minister. I will present a different way of doing business that feeds the challenges we have faced, building on our achievements and responding to a global dynamic." 
"The war against Da'ash, which we helped lead on behalf of the global community, has hurt us economically and the burden has become unbearable. The cost of war, the federal budget cuts by the government in Baghdad and the mass movement of refugees to our territory have left us with billions of dollars in debt."
Since our takeover of most of western Iraq and eastern Syria in mid-2014, we have shown that our fight against terrorists was about protecting our allies as much as protecting ourselves and providing intelligence that foiled attacks. We have clearly shown our good intentions as global citizens, and to house the Arabs, Kurds, Muslims, Yazidis, Christians, Turkmen, etc. Ten kilometers from our parliament building, there is a thriving Christian community from all over the country. No. East, who build churches and worship in peace, however, other refugees cost is increasing and still partially funded. We can not perform our role Kamadeven alone. We need to secure the future for displaced people and for ourselves, and ask for help our friends in the West in many ways. "
"As our prime minister, I will carry out reforms that will adopt best international practices and bring accountability to all the branches of the civil service and the cabinet. My government will create a diversified economy that will achieve increased prosperity for all and enact legislation to make Kurdistan attractive and attractive to investors. "We will integrate and modernize our armed forces and we will transform public services and address corruption to ensure that the government serves the people, not the other way around.
"I will also take steps to re-establish the relationship between Erbil and Baghdad, which has been precarious for 16 years, we basically spent most of that time, but without dividing our relationship with Iraq by agreement, we received a share of the Iraqi budget. What is being delivered in full is the time for a more constructive and stable partnership with Baghdad. This week, I made my first visit as Prime Minister to Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi. I have taken proposals to resolve our differences over oil, land, budgets and the role of our armed forces. The equitable distribution of budget revenues. The resolution would provide the firm basis for future cooperation and our future is linked to a secure and democratic Iraq. "
"In 2017, the Iraqi Kurdistan held a referendum on independence and the ballot was non-binding, but 93 per cent of the people voted in favor. While we welcomed the greater support of the international community for our right to self-determination, A strong and stable Kurdistan based on the international community and ask those who helped us in protecting them to recognize the constructive global role we played by helping us build our economy. "
"For many generations of conflict, every family in Iraqi Kurdistan has suffered a loss of personality and we can no longer give up solidarity or dispel the sacrifices made by many by returning to the quarrel that has plagued relations between parties and neighbors. Friends of the international community who wish us well, but it is time to do more and reaffirm our role as an honest broker that everyone trusts and do so through a genuine friendship perspective, having shown our unwavering support for the interests of our allies, including the United States, We need to Our friends to help us start again, ".anthy 29 / h

• Like 2

The National Security Council chaired by Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi on Friday discussed the payment of the dues of the staff of the liberated areas after the completion of the security audit by the National Security Service, indicating that the audit rate reached 97% of the total number of employees in those areas.

The National Security Council headed by Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi held its regular session today, " the office of Abdul-Mahdi said in a statement that "the Council discussed the payment of dues to employees of the liberated areas after the completion of security checks by the National Security Service " .

The office added that "the percentage of achievement reached 97 percent of the total number of employees in those areas, and the National Security Council approved the recommendations of the task force in this regard," pointing out that "the Council also discussed the Council strategy of cybersecurity in Iraq and directed to continue to work on preparing Strategy and the development of a formation compatible with the future. "

Why does the Kurdistan region start a new era?

Merzur Barzani *
After 16 years of unrest in Iraq and five years of brutal war with the Islamic state (calling up) the terrorist, the enemy that has endangered humanity as a whole, we have embarked on a new journey towards building a stronger Kurdistan. 
The next four years will be a defining time for us, our neighbors and our allies. We in the KRG look forward to overcoming the recent shocks, strengthening our position in the region and securing our international presence.
In short, we want to start a new beginning.
Last week, I formed a government to lead the Kurdistan region of Iraq. 
My job is to change the way we manage things, at home and abroad.
As Prime Minister, I will present a different way of doing the tasks that face the challenges we have lived, build on our achievements and respond to a global dynamic.
The battle against Daqash, which we helped lead on behalf of the international community, has done damage to our economy. 
The burden became unbearable. The cost of war, the federal budget cut by the government in Baghdad, and the mass exodus to our territory have left us with billions of dollars in debt.
During our suffering, we have remained a friend, a Western ally and a partner in the region. Since taking over much of western Iraq and eastern Syria in mid-2014, we have shown that our fight against terrorists was about protecting our allies as much as protecting ourselves.
We provided intelligence that foiled terrorist attacks abroad and provided a haven for more than 2 million people who fled persecution.
We have clearly demonstrated our good faith as global citizens, Arab, Kurdish, Muslim, Yazidis, Christians, Turkmen and others.
Ten kilometers from our parliament building, there is a thriving Christian community, from all over the Middle East, where they build churches and worship in peace.
However, the cost of other refugees is increasing, and is still partially funded.
We can not play our role as hosts alone.
We need to secure a future for the displaced and ourselves, and ask for the help of our friends in the West in various ways.
Our challenges begin within Iraqi Kurdistan, which has been our homeland for centuries. As prime minister, I will implement reforms that will adopt best global practices and bring accountability to all sectors of the civil service and cabinet.
My Government will establish a diversified economy that will achieve a growing prosperity for all. Censon legislation to make Kurdistan a welcome and attractive location for investors.
We will update and integrate our armed forces.
We will transform public services and fight corruption to ensure government service to the people, not vice versa. Our political and financial involvement will be necessary for this transformation, and I invite our friends to do so.
I will also take steps to reset and improve the relationship between Erbil and Baghdad, which has been tense for the last 16 years.
We have basically governed ourselves for most of that time, without damaging our relationship with Baghdad.
We got a share of the Iraqi budget by agreement. But allotments are rarely fully delivered.
The time has come for a constructive and more stable partnership with Baghdad. As prime minister, last week I held my first visit to Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi, and I had proposals with me to resolve our differences over oil, land, budgets and the role of our armed forces.
I want to ensure that our agreements are respected through fair distribution of budget revenues. That would provide the firm foundation for future cooperation. Our future is tied to a secure and democratic Iraq.
In 2017, Iraq's Kurdistan held a referendum on independence. The vote was not binding, but 93 percent of people voted in favor.
While we welcomed the greater support of the international community for our right to self-determination, our priority now is to build a strong and stable Kurdistan region based on the international community.
We ask those who helped us to protect them to recognize the constructive global role we played by helping us build our economy.
Over many generations of conflict, every family in Iraqi Kurdistan has suffered a personal loss.
We can no longer give up solidarity, or dispel the sacrifices made by many, by returning to the conflict that has plagued relations between the parties and the oceans.
We have many friends in the international community who wish us good, but it is time to do more.
We reaffirm our role as an honest broker that everyone trusts.
We do so through the perspective of true friendship, having shown our unwavering support for the interests of our allies, including the United States, and our commitment to democratic values.
We need our friends to help us start over.
  • Upvote 1

Haddad discusses Erbil's outstanding territorial files

Baghdad / Al-Sabah
Vice President of the House of Representatives Bashir Haddad discussed with the Erbil Provincial Council the outstanding issues between the federal government and the government of the region and finding appropriate solutions to the accumulated problems.
The media office said in a statement received by "morning" that "this came during the visit of Haddad building of the province of Erbil, was received by the President of the provincial council Ali Rashid Khoshnao, and a number of members of the Council, and during the meeting discussed a range of issues and issues concerning the Kurdistan region and ways To provide the best services to citizens, and work to overcome and resolve problems and outstanding issues between the federal government and the government of the region and find appropriate solutions to the problems accumulated.
He added that the meeting dealt with the issues related to the oil and gas file, taking into account the need of the region as other Iraqi provinces and compensating the families of the martyrs and anfal, as well as compensating farmers for burning crops and paying salaries to the Peshmerga forces.
Haddad said according to the statement, "the need to hold meetings and periodic meetings between members of the Iraqi Council of Representatives for the province of Erbil and members of the provincial council to diagnose problems and develop appropriate solutions to them and follow up outstanding issues between Baghdad and Erbil."
He also met with Haddad, Governor of Erbil, Nuzad Hadi and departmental managers in the province. "The meeting discussed the reality of the province and discussed the problems, obstacles and basic needs, and ways to provide the best services to citizens and launch the necessary allocations in the regional development budget. That the next stage is a stage of building, reconstruction, prosperity and lasting stability.
Haddad pointed out in the context of the talk to "the need for coordination and continuous cooperation between the provinces of the province and the provinces of the center and the south, and between them and the House of Representatives in matters relating to the federal government."
On the other hand, Haddad offered congratulations and congratulations to the Governor on the occasion of the signing of a "twinning and partnership of action between Arbil and Paris", which included extensive cooperation and coordination in the fields of services, economy, heritage and environmental protection.
  • Upvote 1

Center, region and the unbalanced relationship

By AhadNA1   Articles 20/07/2019 02:52 AM | Number of readings:

Center, region and the unbalanced relationship

Jawad Al Attar

There is a lot of talk these days about the imbalanced relationship between the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government and the latter's failure to pay the obligations made by the specific number of 250 thousand barrels per day, despite the fulfillment of the Center share of the province of the federal budget.

And if the wealth subject of dispute under you to the permanent Iraqi constitution for 2005 in Article (111) of which stated: «Oil and gas is the property of all the Iraqi people in all regions and provinces». Article (112), which regulated the relationship between the Center and the territories and limited jurisdiction in the first article: «The federal government to manage the oil and gas extracted from the existing fields with the governments of the provinces and producing provinces, to distribute their imports in a fair proportion to the distribution of population throughout the country». Therefore, what is currently being a clear violation of the Constitution by the Center and the region alike, the federal government does not manage production in Kurdistan, and the latter does not pay what is extracted to the center.

It seems that there are substantial reasons behind this issue and prevent the organization of constitutionally and legally in the forefront of the delay of the Parliament to legislate the law of oil and gas first; which has been hanging for years on shelves. And the desire of the region to achieve some kind of independence from the center secondly; in preparation for separation.

Therefore, the crisis between the Center and the region, which has been going on for fourteen years, can not be broken if there is no serious political will to solve it. The regional government has invoked over the past years not to cooperate with the Center. Which means that there is a deliberate intention of the region to break the partnership and separation.

And to not be a state within a state and not even repeat the crisis of the referendum should be the central government and parliament to take the initiative to commit the region to implement the agreements concluded and abide by the Constitution, and the political blocs within the parliament left the courtesies and provide the interest of the people on other secondary interests and put the subject for discussion and take what is needed, On the contrary, this time the adventure of the future of the unity of Iraq .. It is not permissible to bet on it.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Barzani appealing to Baghdad: the burden has become unbearable .. Kurdistan is funded billions of dollars

Barzani appealing to Baghdad: the burden has become unbearable .. Kurdistan is funded billions of dollars

Political | 09:26 - 20/07/2019

BAGHDAD - 
The head of the Kurdistan Regional Government, Massur Barzani, Saturday, that the region owed billions of dollars and the economic burden has become unbearable. 
"After 16 years of unrest in Iraq and five years of brutal war with the terrorist organization, the enemy that has endangered the entire humanity, we started a new journey towards the country," Barzani said in an article published in the official Al-Sabah newspaper. Building a stronger Kurdistan. " 
"The next four years will be a defining time for us, our neighbors and our allies. We in Kurdistan Regional Government look forward to overcoming the recent shocks, strengthening our position in the region and securing our presence on the international scene," he said. "Kurdistan wants to start a new beginning."
"As prime minister, I will present a different way to carry out the tasks that face the challenges we have lived, depend on our achievements and respond to a globalized dynamic," he said. "The battle against Da'ash, which we helped lead on behalf of the international community, has hurt our economy." 
He stressed that "the burden has become unbearable and the cost of war, and the reduction of the federal budget by the government in Baghdad, and the movement of mass exodus to our territory, has left us with billions of dollars of debt," pointing out that "the leaders of the region have ruled themselves mainly throughout much of that time, Without spoiling their relationship with Baghdad. " 
"We have received a share of the Iraqi budget by agreement, but allocations are rarely fully delivered," he said. "The time has come for a constructive and more stable partnership with Baghdad."
On his visit to Baghdad, Barzani said: "As prime minister last week I held my first visit to Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi, and I have proposals to resolve our differences over oil, land, budgets and the role of our armed forces." 
"I want to ensure that our agreements are respected through the fair distribution of budget revenues. This will provide the firm basis for future cooperation and our future is linked to a secure and democratic Iraq," he concluded.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

20-07-2019 10:52 PM
image.php?token=e93bd7f505203014a1afaac3ff6661f8&c=3697308&size=

Baghdad: 
The second deputy speaker of the parliament and leader of the Kurdistan Democratic Party Bashir Haddad to create technical and security delegations from the region to start negotiations with Baghdad to resolve the files of oil and finance and others. 
Haddad said in a statement that the outstanding files are not focused on the delivery of oil there are files will be resolved through technical and legal delegations that will exchange visits between the Center and the region for the purpose of resolving those files, which said it has been stuck since periods and it is imperative for the parties to go to resolve those files, including disputed areas, Including the disputed areas. 
Al-Haddad said that the strong will between the center and the region now to start new negotiations to resolve the outstanding issues between the two parties, considering that Iraq can not settle without resolving the files between him and the region, noting that the latter also can not witness prosperity unless it is resolved files with the federal government. 
It is worth mentioning that the President of the Kurdistan region Nigervan Barzani and the Prime Minister of the region, Massur Barzani had visited the last period in the capital Baghdad and conducted a series of meetings with officials there for the purpose of resolving the outstanding issues between the parties.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, yota691 said:

Barzani appealing to Baghdad: the burden has become unbearable .. Kurdistan is funded billions of dollars

Political | 09:26 - 20/07/2019

BAGHDAD - 
The head of the Kurdistan Regional Government, Massur Barzani, Saturday, that the region owed billions of dollars and the economic burden has become unbearable. 
"After 16 years of unrest in Iraq and five years of brutal war with the terrorist organization, the enemy that has endangered the entire humanity, we started a new journey towards the country," Barzani said in an article published in the official Al-Sabah newspaper. Building a stronger Kurdistan. " 
"The next four years will be a defining time for us, our neighbors and our allies. We in Kurdistan Regional Government look forward to overcoming the recent shocks, strengthening our position in the region and securing our presence on the international scene," he said. "Kurdistan wants to start a new beginning."
"As prime minister, I will present a different way to carry out the tasks that face the challenges we have lived, depend on our achievements and respond to a globalized dynamic," he said. "The battle against Da'ash, which we helped lead on behalf of the international community, has hurt our economy." 
He stressed that "the burden has become unbearable and the cost of war, and the reduction of the federal budget by the government in Baghdad, and the movement of mass exodus to our territory, has left us with billions of dollars of debt," pointing out that "the leaders of the region have ruled themselves mainly throughout much of that time, Without spoiling their relationship with Baghdad. " 
"We have received a share of the Iraqi budget by agreement, but allocations are rarely fully delivered," he said. "The time has come for a constructive and more stable partnership with Baghdad."
On his visit to Baghdad, Barzani said: "As prime minister last week I held my first visit to Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi, and I have proposals to resolve our differences over oil, land, budgets and the role of our armed forces." 
"I want to ensure that our agreements are respected through the fair distribution of budget revenues. This will provide the firm basis for future cooperation and our future is linked to a secure and democratic Iraq," he concluded.

To Mr Barzani Dynasty... 

People of Kurdistan will be very grateful if your dynasty return back all Kurdistan wealth that your dynasty keep at oversea banks. 

Thanks a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Barzani reviews his vision of new era for stable, democratic Kurdistan

Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) Prime MinisterMasrour Barzani revealed on Saturday his desire to start a new beginning domestically and internationally.

He pointed out that the economic burden has become unbearable, stressing that the future of the region is linked to a secure, democratic Iraq.

"After 16 years of unrest in Iraq and five years of brutal war against the terrorist organization ISIS, the enemy that has endangered humanity, we have embarked on a new journey towards building a stronger Kurdistan," Barzani said.

"The next four years will be our deadline. In the KRG, we look forward to overcoming the recent hurdles, strengthening our position in the region, and ensuring our presence on the international scene," he added. "In short, we want to start a new beginning."

"The battle against ISIS, which we went through on behalf of the whole world, has done damage to the economy," he said.

"The cost of war, the reduction of the budget by the federal government in Baghdad, and the mass exodus to our lands have left us billions of dollars in debt," Barzani stated.

"We have governed ourselves mainly for much of that time, without spoiling our relationship with Baghdad," Barzani said.  "We got a share of the Iraqi budget by agreement, but allocations are rarely fully delivered."

"The time has come for a constructive and more stable partnership with Baghdad, " he added. "As prime minister, last week I held my first visit to Baghdad and met with Prime Minister Adil Abd al-Mahdi, where we discussed my proposals to resolve our disputes over oil, territory, budgets and the role of our armed forces."

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Pitcher- Thanks very much for the time and effort you've devoted to this site - especially with posts like this. I am more than ready - and hopeful- for a change in rate..

The timing of this this post is very encouraging - as I eagerly await the update from the IMF..... and text from Adam!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, presence said:

Pitcher- Thanks very much for the time and effort you've devoted to this site - especially with posts like this. I am more than ready - and hopeful- for a change in rate..

I enjoy doing it.  Yota, and Butifldrm are the real news hounds. 

We we are all ready presence, the news is getting better daily but I try to remain grounded.  Iraq will push the button eventually, they have come to far to turn back now.

• Upvote 3

by EditorNews of Iraq3 Hours ago

%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A8%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%B1-%D8

Revealed a member of the House of Representatives, the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, Repoar Taha, the progress of the course of meetings of the United Nations, with components of the province of Kirkuk well.

Taha said in a statement that some of the outstanding issues reached the decision-making stage after the United Nations meetings with the parties involved in the political process in the province of Kirkuk have made good progress, noting that the United Nations has played a positive role in bringing together the components of Kirkuk, To agree on mechanisms to address problems in the province, from the political, administrative and security aspects.

• Upvote 1

Pleased to send a message to the security of Kurdistan

Political | 11:11 - 21/07/2019

Baghdad - Mawazan News 
The head of the Kurdistan Regional Government, pleased Barzani, on Sunday, a message to the security of the region. 
"I would like to thank the Asayish, anti-terrorism and other security forces for their rapid pace in arresting the perpetrator of the terrorist act in Barbeil's restaurant and his assistant," Barzani said in a letter of thanks and praise. 
He said that "this success came as a result of the keenness of these forces and the security of the Kurdistan region and stability." I also thank the citizens of the Kurdistan region who have always supported the security institutions and cooperated with them. 
Barzani stressed that "the Kurdistan region and the efforts of those loyal of his sons and the cooperation of our citizens, will remain a haven for security and stability."
The anti-terror movement of Kurdistan on Saturday arrested one of Mazloum Dag's aides accused of the terrorist attack in the city of Arbil called Mohammed Bisksz, known as "Djoer Mamand Yusuf".

• yota691 changed the title to National Union: Baghdad and Erbil agreement on the outstanding issues before the submission of the budget 2020

National Union: Baghdad and Erbil agreement on the outstanding issues before the submission of the budget 2020

Political | 01:55 - 21/07/2019

Baghdad - Mawazin News 
The bloc of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan in the House of Representatives, on Sunday, the need to reach the governments of Baghdad and Arbil to agree on the outstanding issues before the submission of the budget 2020. 
The head of the bloc, Joan Ihsan, said that "the recent visit of the delegation of the Kurdistan region to the capital Baghdad was a positive step And very good, and indicate the intention of the Kurdistan Regional Government and the federal government to resolve the outstanding problems. 
She added that "the House of Representatives will be after the legislative holiday to discuss the preparation of the budget year 2020." 
"It is possible that the Kurdistan Regional Government and the federal government to reach a comprehensive agreement on all outstanding problems, especially financial ones."

• Upvote 2

Editorial date: 2019/7/21 11:17  124 times read
Barzani: Kurdistan region will remain a haven for security and stability
(Baghdad: Al-Furat News) The head of the Kurdistan region, Nechirvan Barzani, praised the speed of the security services in the arrest of the assassin of the Turkish diplomat in the city of Erbil last Wednesday.
"Barzani," a letter of thanks and praise to the forces of Asayish and the fight against terrorism and other security services, for its rapid capture of the terrorist in the restaurant and Barbil, and his assistant. " 
He explained that "this success came as a result of the keenness of these forces and the security of the Kurdistan region and stability, and I also thank the citizens of the Kurdistan region who have always supported security institutions and cooperated with them." 
Barzani said that "the Kurdistan region and the efforts of those loyal of his sons and the cooperation of our citizens, will remain a haven for security and stability." 
On Saturday, the anti-terrorist forces in the Kurdistan region announced the arrest of the first official responsible for the attack, Mazloum Dag, and his assistant (Muhammad Bisksz), known as Dajwar, Mamand and Yusuf.
On Wednesday evening, a Turkish diplomat and two citizens lost their lives by shooting at an Erbil restaurant while they were having lunch. Immediately after the incident, the security forces launched a wide-ranging campaign to arrest the perpetrators.

Deputy: United Nations meetings on Kirkuk reached the stage of decision-making

950x634_041430950x634_041443kirkuk.jpg

Politics ofKirkukNational Union of KurdistanRipwar TahaUnited Nations

2019/07/21 03:12:59

The United Nations meetings with the components of Kirkuk have made good progress, a deputy for the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) said on Sunday.

"The meetings of the United Nations with the components of Kirkuk have made good progress, and some files have reached the decision-making stage," Repoar Taha said in a televised statement.

Taha added that "the United Nations has played a positive role in bringing together the components of Kirkuk, and seek an agreement on mechanisms to address the problems in the province from the political, administrative and security aspects."

https://www.shafaaq.com/ar/سیاسة/نائب-اجتماعات-الامم-المتحدة-بشأن-كركوك-وصلت-لمرحلة-اتخاذ-القرار/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to Barzani confirms the full commitment to work with Abdul Mahdi to resolve the outstanding issues
  • Adam Montana locked this topic