Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump says US ‘moving forward’ with additional sanctions on Iran

yota691

image.php?token=4494a54fc9d3aa945e16c7e946b42283&size=

27-06-2019 04:46 PM 
Number of Views: 11

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said that the United States has clearly affirmed its willingness to negotiate without preconditions with Iran to resolve the escalation between the two sides.

"It is very important that the United States has made it clear that it does not need a war with Iran and has declared its willingness to engage in dialogue and negotiation with Iran," Stoltenberg told a news conference on Thursday after a meeting of NATO defense ministers at his headquarters in Brussels. Any preconditions'.

Stoltenberg welcomed the move, stressing that NATO allies have common concerns about Iran's activity and its announcement to raise the level of uranium enrichment again, pointing out that they all agree on the need to prevent the Islamic Republic from acquiring nuclear weapons.

"The overall context of the discussions focuses on the need to find ways to reduce tension, the first step in negotiations between Iran and the United States, and it is very important that the latter proposed such negotiations," he said.

Tensions between the United States and Iran have been strained since May, when Iran's military dropped a US reconnaissance plane on June 20, which Tehran said was dropped after penetrating Iranian airspace while Washington insisted it was flying over international waters.

On the backdrop of this development, US President Donald Trump announced that he had ordered strikes on Iranian strategic sites, but stopped the attack 10 minutes before its implementation, imposing new sanctions on Iran.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

5d150ec495a597af6e8b45d1-696x392.jpg

Information / follow up

Iran's permanent representative to the United Nations, Majid Takht Rawangi, pledged that his country would not produce nuclear weapons even in the event of a collapse of the agreement on the Islamic Republic's nuclear program.

"Even if we lose the joint comprehensive action plan, we will continue to pursue our policies that we do not seek to produce nuclear weapons," Rwangi said in a press statement at the UN headquarters in New York.

"Nuclear weapons are the last thing Iran wants . We do not consider it useful," the senior Iranian diplomat said.

However, Rwangi stressed that his country "reserves the right to enrich uranium at a level necessary to achieve scientific achievements." End 25 n

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, yota691 said:

5d150ec495a597af6e8b45d1-696x392.jpg

Information / follow up

Iran's permanent representative to the United Nations, Majid Takht Rawangi, pledged that his country would not produce nuclear weapons even in the event of a collapse of the agreement on the Islamic Republic's nuclear program.

"Even if we lose the joint comprehensive action plan, we will continue to pursue our policies that we do not seek to produce nuclear weapons," Rwangi said in a press statement at the UN headquarters in New York.

"Nuclear weapons are the last thing Iran wants . We do not consider it useful," the senior Iranian diplomat said.

However, Rwangi stressed that his country "reserves the right to enrich uranium at a level necessary to achieve scientific achievements." End 25 n

lol, ya sure we believe you like we believed obamma and Hillarious.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Iranian official: Europeans should buy oil from us or give us oil money

Economy | 08:35 - 27/06/2019

BAGHDAD - 
An Iranian official said his country would not be ready to negotiate with the United States until after a "ceasefire in the economic war" launched by the US government against Iran. 
"The United States wants negotiations, but we are in a state of economic war and the start of negotiations requires a ceasefire," the Iranian official, who declined to be identified, told reporters in Vienna Thursday. 
The Iranian official revealed some of the conditions offered by the Islamic Republic in return for negotiations with the United States, adding that the first phase of the economic truce must be to ensure the ability of his country to sell its oil and get the proceeds. 

The source added: "The Europeans should buy oil from us or give us money for it, and must return to the level of export that was before the re-imposition of US sanctions." 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, yota691 said:

This was a very nice video.  I'm sure there are wonderful people in Iran.  

However, I must ask, why do we always see and hear crowds of people chanting "Death to America", "Death to Israel"?

We don't go around chanting "Death to Iran", do we? 

I'm sure the "chanters" don't represent all Iranians, but this is the face they show the world, so what do they expect us to think?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 7

41 minutes ago, Floridian said:

This was a very nice video.  I'm sure there are wonderful people in Iran.  

However, I must ask, why do we always see and hear crowds of people chanting "Death to America", "Death to Israel"?

We don't go around chanting "Death to Iran", do we? 

I'm sure the "chanters" don't represent all Iranians, but this is the face they show the world, so what do they expect us to think?

If you go against the gov of Iran, you disappear. Thats why. Dont chant, you and your family disappear. And if not sanctions, what. Pay them alot of money like obamma and hope they play nice. BS

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, jg1 said:

If you go against the gov of Iran, you disappear. Thats why. Dont chant, you and your family disappear. And if not sanctions, what. Pay them alot of money like obamma and hope they play nice. BS

I hope you don't think I'm against the sanctions, because I am not.  I'm all for the sanctions and all for Trump!

Also, I am very against paying Iran money, as Obama did.  He was a lousy President who did not have America's best interests at heart.

I do not trust the Iranian Government one bit!

I thought that was apparent, but I see I needed to spell it out.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Sad to say, but this maybe good news for Iraq and us, I mean when you think about it the time line of invasion of countries and their currencies and or sanctions placed and lifted, one would tend to think the pressure is off Iraq and on to someone else, like Kuwait and on to Iraq ... I mean by all means I don't agree with any battles because they all could be settled without any bodies dropping, but they have yet to figure this out... no one likes anyone but most can deal with or know how to handle things without war... but back to what I was saying, let's hope this eases the tension with Iraq and their habits of banking and can allow the true rate of the dinar to show like others we have sanctioned or invaded etc etc... good weekend to all. Prayers up to the middle east and the powers at play may they find peace

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Floridian said:

I hope you don't think I'm against the sanctions, because I am not.  I'm all for the sanctions and all for Trump!

Also, I am very against paying Iran money, as Obama did.  He was a lousy President who did not have America's best interests at heart.

I do not trust the Iranian Government one bit!

I thought that was apparent, but I see I needed to spell it out.

Well thanks for spelling it out for me. Actually, I agree with most all your posts. I mostly was just pointing out the reason why I think so many people are chanting death to America ect in the news clips we see. The other part was more directed at the guy in the video. I've actually been invited to Iran by some Iranian friends and I asked her wouldn't they want to kill me on sight. She said no. Iranians love Americans. 

My Iranian friend told me that he once went to college in Iran. And because college was sponsored that means that Iranian government placed microphones inside the building. My friend said that he once heard a man talking down about Iran and just a short time later a man no longer went to that school. Don't know what happened to him. He also said that In Iranian schools the children are taught to hate Americans. Thats part of the reason they wanted to get out. 

Now, I believe that the reason why I would never go to Iran wouldn't be because of the people it would be because of the government. Take care

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jg1 said:

Well thanks for spelling it out for me. Actually, I agree with most all your posts. I mostly was just pointing out the reason why I think so many people are chanting death to America ect in the news clips we see. The other part was more directed at the guy in the video. I've actually been invited to Iran by some Iranian friends and I asked her wouldn't they want to kill me on sight. She said no. Iranians love Americans. 

My Iranian friend told me that he once went to college in Iran. And because college was sponsored that means that Iranian government placed microphones inside the building. My friend said that he once heard a man talking down about Iran and just a short time later a man no longer went to that school. Don't know what happened to him. He also said that In Iranian schools the children are taught to hate Americans. Thats part of the reason they wanted to get out. 

Now, I believe that the reason why I would never go to Iran wouldn't be because of the people it would be because of the government. Take care

" The other part was more directed at the guy in the video."

Wish you would have made that more clear.  

Okay, no worries, all good.

It's terrible that school children in Iran are taught to hate Americans.  Also terrible, government spying with microphones.

Our schools teach kids to be liberals.  There's no winning these days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Floridian said:

" The other part was more directed at the guy in the video."

Wish you would have made that more clear.  

Okay, no worries, all good.

It's terrible that school children in Iran are taught to hate Americans.  Also terrible, government spying with microphones.

Our schools teach kids to be liberals.  There's no winning these days.

Your so right. My 10 min break at work which included standing in line for a cup of coffee and people wanting chat did not allow me to proof read my post, lol. Sorry. Take care. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Iran has filed a complaint with the United Nations against Washington over an American drone

Iran has filed a complaint with the United Nations against Washington over an American dron

28 June 2019 09:31 PM
Direct : Iran formally submitted a complaint to the United Nations against the United States regarding the violation of its airspace by plane Tehran march dropped earlier this month.

"The complaint to the UN Security Council and the United Nations about the aggression by a US drone plane was dropped before it was dropped," Deputy Foreign Minister Gholamhossein Dehghani was quoted by the Tasnim news agency as saying on Friday.

Dehghani said the complaint indicated that Tehran reserved its right to respond firmly if the United States repeated the violation.

Tension between the United States and Iran has increased after Tehran dropped a US military plane near the Strait of Hormuz, and US President Donald Trump threatened military strikes against Iran before retreating.

This week, the United States has stepped up pressure on Iran to impose financial sanctions on Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

BAGHDAD / Press tomorrow:  
put Kosovo on Thursday, Hezbollah on the list of terrorism within the official dealings. 
"It is an effective partner in the fight against terrorism and religious fanaticism around the world and will continue to cooperate with the United States and the European Union to avoid any dangers to Kosovo and its allies," he said.
Kosovo has relied on statements made by Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah, in which he announced that he received financial support from Iran, as a basis for putting the party on the terrorism list.
  • Upvote 3

Was There Ever an Iranian Nuclear Weapons Program?

A review of the evidence points to Israeli and MEK disinformation, not an open-and-shut case.

Global Research, June 28, 2019

netanyahu-nukes-400x253.png

This incisive article was first published in May 2018

Donald Trump’s decision to pull out of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), which has set the stage for another Iran crisis, has opened a new round of domestic political struggle, as Democrats in Congress, the anti-Trump television networks, and the tattered remains of the old anti-war movement try to push back.

But that effort has a fatal weakness at its core. It concedes to Trump and opponents of the Iran deal an effective argument: that the Iranians have been lying when they say they’ve never had a covert nuclear weapons program. The theme of Iran’s duplicity has been the emotional core of the assault on the JCPOA. It is no accident that the title and consistent theme of Benjamin Netanyahu’s melodramatic YouTube slideshow was “Iran lied.”

As I detail in my investigative history of the Iran nuclear issue, the Obama administration itself fell for a false narrative about a secret Iranian nuclear weapons program allegedly in operation from 2001 to 2003. After Netanyahu’s April 30 show, former secretary of state John Kerry tweeted:

“Every detail PM Netanyahu presented yesterday was every reason the world came together to apply years of sanctions and negotiate the Iran nuclear agreement—because the threat was real and had to be stopped.”

But a far more effective counter would have been the truth—that the long-accepted accusation about Iran’s covert nuclear weapons program is the product of an elaborate disinformation operation based on documents forged by Mossad, Israel’s foreign intelligence agency.

In mid-2004, the CIA acquired a massive set of documents that were said to have come from a secret Iranian nuclear weapons research program. Bush administration officials leaked a sensational story to selected news outlets about the intelligence find, describing to the New York Times what that newspaper described as Iranian drawings “trying to develop a compact warhead to fit atop its Shahab missile.” The same story of Iran mating a nuclear weapon to its longer-range ballistic missile was given to the Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal.

But both the real provenance of the apparently incriminating documents and specific details about the documents themselves indicate that they are fraudulent. A major clue about the papers’ true origins was made public in November 2004, when Karsten Voigt, the coordinator for German-North American cooperation in the German Foreign Office, was quoted by the Wall Street Journal warning that the documents had been provided by “an Iranian dissident group,” and that the United States and Europe “shouldn’t let their Iran policy be influenced by single-source headlines.”

Voigt was clearly suggesting that the mysterious documents had come from the Iranian regime-hating MEK (Mujahideen-e-Khalq)—not from someone in the purported Iranian arms program. But no one in the corporate media universe followed up with Voigt, and it was not until 2013, three years after he’d retired from the Foreign Office, that he agreed to give this writer the story behind his warning.

Voigt recalled how senior officials of the Bundesnachtrichtendienst, or BND, the German foreign intelligence agency, had told him just days before the Wall Street Journal interview that they were upset Secretary of State Colin Powell had referred publicly to “evidence” that Iran had tried to design a new missile to carry a nuclear weapon. Voigt explained that the documents to which Powell was alluding had been turned over to the BND by an Iranian who had been a sometime source—but not a BND spy, contrary to later accounts in the Wall Street Journal and Der Spiegel.

In fact, he said, the BND did not regard the source as trustworthy, because they knew he was a member of the MEK, the exiled armed Iranian opposition group. The MEK is listed by the State Department as a terrorist organization because of its assassination of U.S. officers during the Shah’s regime and its bombings of public events after the Islamic Revolution in Iran. The MEK also carried out “special operations” for Saddam Hussein’s regime in Iraq against domestic opposition during the Iran-Iraq war, and after that had been used by Israel’s Mossad to “launder” information that it wanted to make public but didn’t want attributed to Israel, according to two Israeli journalists. The MEK had pinpointed the location of Iran’s Natanz enrichment facility in August 2002. But it had gotten the satellite intelligence from Mossad, as Seymour Hersh reported in his 2005 book Chain of Command.

Two years before Voigt’s conversation with BND officials, then-BND director August Hanning personally warned CIA director George Tenet to be cautious about using the testimony of the infamous Iraq “Curveball” source regarding Iraqi bioweapons because it could not be independently confirmed. Other BND analysts said that “Curveball” was unreliable. Powell had nevertheless used the information in his infamous United Nations speech justifying the coming invasion of Iraq in March 2003.

Two years later, BND officials were afraid history was about to be repeated in Iran. Germany had just joined France and Britain in reaching an accord with Tehran, which was aimed at averting a U.S. move to take the Iran file out of the IAEA and create a new crisis at the UN Security Council over the issue of the nuclear program.

But it wasn’t just the provenance of the MEK documents that was suspect. Their authenticity was never clearly established by the CIA, which could not rule out the possibility of falsification, according to the Washington PostMohamed ElBaradei, then director-general of the IAEA, was put under heavy political pressure by a U.S.-led coalition to publish a report endorsing those documents as evidence against Iran. But Elbaradei responded to the pressure by declaring in an October 2009 interview,

“The IAEA is not making any judgment at all whether Iran even had weaponization studies before because there is a major question of authenticity of the documents.”

Benjamin Netanyahu gave the public its first view of the documents on which the Bush administration had heavily relied to sway Elbaradei, showing in his slideshow a surprisingly crude schematic drawing of a Shahab-3 missile reentry vehicle with a circle representing a nuclear weapon. What is important to note about that image is that the shape of the reentry vehicle is the “dunce cap” shape of the original missile that Iran had acquired from North Korea in the mid-1990s. As early as 2000, the CIA’s national intelligence officer on Iranian missiles testified that Iran had already begun redesigning the Shahab-3 missile for better performance. But the outside world was in the dark about what the redesign would look like until the new missile was given its first test flight in August 2004. That test revealed that the redesigned reentry vehicle had a “tri-conic” or “baby bottle” shape.

However, the 36-page document of which the image shown by Netanyahu was a part, called “Implementation of Mass Properties of Shahab-3 Missile Warhead with New Payload,” was dated March-April 2003—long after the redesign of the reentry vehicle had taken place—as the IAEA’s May 2008 report shows on page two of its annex. The inescapable conclusion is that the authors of those drawings were not working for a project of the Iranian Defense Ministry but for a foreign intelligence agency, which guessed wrongly that the shape of Iran’s missile would not change fundamentally.

Lastly,* we have “Project 5,” another alleged project listed in the Iranian weapons program documents, supposedly involving uranium ore mining and conversion of uranium ore for enrichment. One of the sub-projects, designated “Project 5.15”, was for “ore concentration.” But when the IAEA accessed the original documents from Iran in response to its questions, it found that the contract for a “Project 5.15” for ore concentration had been signed not by a secret nuclear weapons project but by the civilian Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, which was in fact responsible for all activities relating to Iranian uranium ore mines.  Furthermore, the IAEA found that the project document had been signed in August 1999—two years before the start date of the alleged secret nuclear weapons research project.  When this writer confronted former IAEA Deputy Director Olli Heinonen about the contradiction, he admitted that he could not explain it.

The Israeli role in the creation of evidence of Iran’s nuclear weapons ambitions didn’t end with the papers delivered by the MEK. In 2008-09, Israel turned over more alleged Iranian documents to the IAEA, including a report on experiments with “multi-point initiation” of a nuclear explosion, which Netanyahu emphasized in his recent YouTube presentation. The IAEA and the U.S.-led coalition of states that dominated it of course refused to identify the member state that had provided those documents, but ElBaradei revealed in his memoirs that the state was indeed Israel. 

The historical impact of the Israelis getting U.S. national security, political, and media elites to accept that these fabrications represented genuine evidence of Iran’s nuclear duplicity can hardly be understated. It has unquestionably been one of history’s most successful—and longest running—disinformation campaigns. But it worked without a hitch, because of the readiness of those elites to believe without question anything that was consistent with their perceived interests in continued enmity toward Iran.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

28-06-2019 06:46 PM
image.php?token=7708a0a362d6447db8ac8d40f2e3ee8f&c=4052833&size=

Baghdad: 
China opposes the US position on reducing Iranian oil exports to zero, said Fu Zong, head of the arms control division at the Chinese Foreign Ministry. 
"China rejects unilateral sanctions, and energy security is very important for us," Tsong told reporters on Friday when asked whether Beijing would continue to buy oil from Iran. 
"Oil imports are very necessary for China's energy security and for the people of China," he said. "We do not support the US policy on reducing the export of Iranian oil to zero." 
The United States had withdrawn the previous year from Iran's nuclear program to reinstate sanctions against Tehran, including sanctions on countries that deal with Tehran. 
Eight countries were exempted from these sanctions until 2 May 2019, hoping to extend these exceptions, but the White House did not extend them, aiming to reduce the export of Iranian oil to zero. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

22 hours ago, yota691 said:

Iran has filed a complaint with the United Nations against Washington over an American drone

Iran has filed a complaint with the United Nations against Washington over an American dron

28 June 2019 09:31 PM
Direct : Iran formally submitted a complaint to the United Nations against the United States regarding the violation of its airspace by plane Tehran march dropped earlier this month.

"The complaint to the UN Security Council and the United Nations about the aggression by a US drone plane was dropped before it was dropped," Deputy Foreign Minister Gholamhossein Dehghani was quoted by the Tasnim news agency as saying on Friday.

Dehghani said the complaint indicated that Tehran reserved its right to respond firmly if the United States repeated the violation.

Tension between the United States and Iran has increased after Tehran dropped a US military plane near the Strait of Hormuz, and US President Donald Trump threatened military strikes against Iran before retreating.

This week, the United States has stepped up pressure on Iran to impose financial sanctions on Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

Iran has filed a complaint with the United Nations

lol. Ya , we have complaints too but wtf. Nothing is done about it. Sheeez 

• Upvote 2

Iran: The ball has become the stadium of Europe on the future of the nuclear agreement

Zarif confirms that his country will stand up to US sanctions (just as we survived the chemical attack)
Sunday, 26 Shawwal 1440 AH - 30 June 2019 AD Issue Number [14824]

1561831103389800400_0.jpg?itok=uiaYmumw
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif (AFP)
London: Middle East
TEHRAN (Reuters) - The ball is now in Europe's court to protect Iran from US sanctions and prevent it from curtailing its commitments under a nuclear deal with world powers, Tehran said on Sunday. 
The Iranian envoy said the talks were aimed at salvaging the nuclear deal with the rest of the countries that remained committed to it after the US withdrawal. "The European countries did not do much during the meeting held on Friday in Vienna to persuade their country to break the borders imposed on it under the agreement, .
On May 8, Iran suspended some of its nuclear safeguards obligations after the United States unilaterally withdrew last year and re-imposed sanctions on Tehran. Tehran said it would suspend compliance with other terms of the agreement after 60 days. "The ball is now in the court of Europe," Iranian state television said in a commentary on the events. Will Paris, London and Berlin be lost again under the influence of US President Donald Trump? Or will it seize the remaining opportunity to fulfill its promises under the agreement? " 
Iran has repeatedly criticized the European countries' delay in setting up and operating a special trade mechanism with the aim of easing US sanctions on Tehran's economy. Britain, France and Germany said the trade mechanism known as "Enstics" was ready and operational. Tehran said the US Marines had entered its airspace, which Washington denied.
The semi-official Iranian news agency Fars quoted a well-informed source as saying Iran would soon exceed the maximum amount of enriched uranium set out in the nuclear deal after the signatories failed to meet Tehran's demands to protect it from US sanctions. 
"Since the meeting in Vienna did not meet Iran's just demands ... Iran is determined to reduce its obligations under the agreement, and soon the quantity of enriched uranium will be exceeded by 300 kg," the source said, without giving his name.
For his part, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, on the anniversary of the chemical attacks carried out by Iraq against Iran, stressed that his country will resist any US sanctions, as it did during the Iran-Iraq war in the 1980s when Saddam Hussein's forces, Chemical attack on an Iranian city. Zarif added that his country would not forget the Western support of former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein, stressing that the Iranian people stood by then and will stand now. "Today we pay tribute to the horrific terrorist attack on our civilian citizens in Sardasht (northwest)," he wrote in a tweet on his Twitter account. "We will never forget Western support for Saddam, even arming him with chemical weapons. The Security Council has never condemned the firing of chemical gases on our people. We have steadfastly stood and will stand now ».
It is noteworthy that the aircraft of the Baath regime of Iraq bombed the city of Sardasht province of Western Azerbaijan with chemical weapons on June 28, 1987, during the years of war between the two countries, which lasted from 1980 to 1988, as the first city subjected to chemical bombardment in the world. The victim of the attack was 119 martyrs and thousands injured. In those years, the UN Security Council passed a resolution denouncing the use of chemical weapons, but the United States vetoed the resolution. 
The war broke out between Iraq and Iran in September 1980 and lasted until August 1988, leaving about 1 million dead and financial losses of about $ 400 billion. The war lasted eight years, becoming one of the longest military conflicts of the 20th century, and one of the bloodiest. The war has affected the political equations of the Middle East, and its results, according to some analysts, have had a profound impact on the factors that led to the Second Gulf War and the Third Gulf War.
The war began following the tensions between the two countries and developed into sporadic border clashes between the two countries. The Baghdad government accused Iran of bombing Iraqi border towns on September 4, 1980, calling it the beginning of the war. Saddam Hussein, on 17 September, abolished the 1975 Algiers Agreement with Iran and considered the entire Shatt al-Arab waters part of Iraqi territorial waters.
The border clashes intensified into a full-scale war between the two countries after Iraqi forces invaded Iranian territory later in the month. The war was preceded by a long history of border disputes, but the main motive of the war may have been Iraq's fear of the Iranian revolution of 1979, and decided to take advantage of the chaos left by the revolution, but achieved only limited progress into Iranian territory before it was repelled, Iran recovered all the territory it lost by June 1982, and Iran became the attacking party over the next six years.
Hostilities between the two countries continued until August 20, 1988, despite calls by the Security Council for a cease-fire. The war ended with UN Security Council Resolution 598, which was accepted by both sides. At the end of the war, it took several weeks for the withdrawal of the Iranian armed forces from Iraqi territory and the pre-war return set by the 1975 Algiers Agreement. The last prisoners of war were exchanged in 2003. The war cost both sides human and economic losses of half a million soldiers An Iraqi and an Iranian, and a similar number of civilians, in addition to more wounded, and yet the war did not bring any changes in the border between the two countries.
  • Upvote 2

TEHRAN: Sanctions have not stopped our oil exports

Economy | 12:17 - 30/06/2019

Mawazine News 
The president of the National Iranian Oil Company said on Sunday that the recent US sanctions on the oil sector in his country did not stop Tehran's exports of oil. 
"The sanctions have not stopped our oil exports and we have dealt with the rest of the countries in this regard," the head of Iran's National Oil Company, Nasrallah Sardashti, was quoted as saying by ISNA news agency on Sunday. 
"The national oil company during the Iran-Iraq war and the five-year sanctions and also the recent sanctions have never stopped exporting oil," Sardashti said. 
"The National Oil Company owns 60 oil tankers, 30 of which have been imported via the UAE and China in recent years," he said.

Eight countries were exempt from these sanctions until May 2, 2019, hoping to extend these exceptions, but the White House did not extend them, aiming to reduce the export of Iranian oil to zero.

• Upvote 3

15970.jpg
Bank Mellat

Arab and international

Economy News Baghdad 
recent official data showed that the Iranian real estate were among the sectors most affected by the economic sanctions imposed by Washington against Tehran since its withdrawal from the nuclear deal in May 2018.

The Central Bank of Iran said that property prices in Tehran witnessed a jump of 106.7 percent this spring, compared to the same period last year.

The report showed that transactions in the real estate sector fell by 44.8% during the three spring months compared to the same period in 2018.

According to the data, rents in the capital Tehran rose during the month of Khordad (from May 22 to June 21) by 23 percent compared to the previous month. The rise in rents was 20.7% across the country during the same period.

According to data released by the Ministry of Roads and Construction of Iranian cities, the prices of real estate in the capital city of Tehran rose by 5.6% during the month of Khordad compared to the previous month, bringing the average price per square meter of the apartment in Tehran to 13 million and 425 thousand Tuman (319.4) $).

According to data from the Ministry of Roads, the first region in the Iranian capital witnessed the highest average price per meter after it reached 27 million and 573 thousand tomans (656.1 dollars), while in the same period last year 11 million and 773 thousand tomans (280.1 dollars).

The Iranian market, including the real estate market, has seen a sharp rise in prices following a sharp decline in the value of the Iranian riyal (US $ 130,000) after the US withdrawal from the nuclear agreement in May 2018 and the return of sanctions in several stages.

The Iranian government is seeking to counter real estate and rent inflation through the adoption of several projects, including the construction of more apartments and increase bank loans for Iranian families.

"The construction of apartments is a serious plan for the ministry," said Mohammad Eslami, Minister of Roads and Construction of Iranian Cities. He explained that the construction of 500,000 apartments under the Mehr project is nearing completion and that 400,000 new apartments are under construction The country.

Views 31   Date Added 06/30/2019

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Iran breaks key limit on enriched uranium stockpiles: Report

In this photo released by the official website of the office of the Iranian Presidency, President Hassan Rouhani attends a meeting with the Health Ministry officials, in Tehran, Iran, Tuesday, June 25, 2019. (Iranian Presidency Office via AP) ** FILE **

By Ben Wolfgang - The Washington Times - Monday, July 1, 2019

Iran has blown past a major threshold on its enriched uranium stockpiles, Iranian media said Monday, announcing that the country is now in apparent violation of the 2015 multinational deal limiting its nuclear program.

Sources told Iran’s Fars news agency that the country has exceeded the 660-pound limit on uranium enriched up to 3.67%, the latest provocation from Tehran and one that comes as military tensions between Iran and the U.S. remain dangerously high.

Iranian officials said Monday’s development will be just the beginning, suggesting that the nation is poised to dramatically ramp up its nuclear-weapons program.

“Not only will we pass it, but the increase in production will increase sharply,” the source said, as quoted by Fars.

While breaking the 660-pound limit doesn’t mean Iran has the material it needs to make nuclear weapons, it does highlight Tehran’s strategy moving forward. Top Iranian officials in recent weeks have vowed to begin disregarding the Obama-era nuclear deal, formally known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action.

President Trump pulled the U.S. out of that 2015 pact last year, saying it wasn’t tough enough and did not address Iran’s systematic state support for terrorism.

Since then, tensions between the two nations have risen sharply. Iran in recent weeks allegedly carried out a series of limpet mine attacks on oil tankers in the Middle East, moves that came after Washington imposed a global embargo on Iranian oil.

And last month, Iran shot down a U.S. drone over international waters, leading the U.S. to the brink of military action. Mr. Trump ultimately decided against strikes, citing the high estimated number of Iranian casualties.

Monday’s news out of Tehran will only further inflame tensions. While the U.S. is no longer a part of the multinational nuclear deal, administration officials still have expected Iran to abide by its limits.

Iranian officials said Monday that they’ll return to compliance with the deal only after Washington begins lifting the crushing set of economic sanctions that have crippled Iran’s economy.

“Whenever our demands are met, we will resume the same amount of suspended commitments,” the official said, according to Fars.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jul/1/iran-breaks-key-limit-enriched-uranium-stockpiles-/?utm_source=onesignal&utm_campaign=pushnotify&utm_medium=push

• Haha 1

Iran says beyond nuclear agreement on uranium stockpiles

Iran says beyond nuclear agreement on uranium stockpiles

01 Jul 2019 04:54 PM
Direct : Iran announced that it had violated the limits of the Agreement on uranium enrichment according to the 2015 agreement, in a move that could increase tensions with Western countries , especially the United States.

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said on Monday that his country had exceeded the relevant uranium enrichment limit of 300 kg of uranium hexafluoride (UF6), the official IRNA news agency reported.

Iran has announced its intention not to abide by the nuclear deal signed in 2015 after the US decision to withdraw from the agreement and impose heavy economic sanctions on Tehran officials.

While the rest of the States participating in the agreement demanded that Iran continue its commitment to the agreement, warning of the consequences of exceeding the agreed limits on uranium enrichment.

For its part, the International Atomic Energy Agency announced that its observers were investigating whether Iran is storing more enriched uranium than allowed.

On Wednesday, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) found Iran had nearly 200 kilograms of LEU, barely below the 202.8 kg limit.

"Our inspectors will report to the IAEA once the low-enriched uranium stockpile is verified," the UN spokesman said.

• Upvote 1