Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Explosion Heard near US Embassy in Baghdad

miquel

This looks pretty real to me. I suspect that we'll be bombing Iran within a week.

Security Alert – U. S. Embassy Baghdad, Iraq (May 12, 2019)

Home | News & Events | Security Alert – U. S. Embassy Baghdad, Iraq (May 12, 2019)

Event:  The U.S. Embassy in Baghdad advises all U.S. citizens of heightened tensions in Iraq and the requirement to remain vigilant.

Actions to Take:

Do not travel to Iraq

Avoid places known as U.S. citizen gathering points.

Keep a low profile

Be aware of your surroundings

Assistance:

U.S. Embassy Baghdad
Al-Kindi Street, International Zone, Baghdad
Telephone (during business hours)

From Iraq:  0760-030-3000;

From the United States:  301-985-8841
U.S. Citizen Emergency After-Hours Telephone (ask for the duty officer)

From Iraq:  0760-030-3000;

From the United States:  301-985-8841

E-mail: BaghdadACS@state.gov

U.S. Consulate General Erbil
413 Ishtar, Ankawa Erbil, Iraq
Telephone (during business hours)

From Iraq:  0760-030-3227;

From the United States:  240-264-3467 extension 4554
U.S. Citizen Emergency After-Hours Telephone (ask for the duty officer)

From Iraq:  066-211-4554;

From the United States:  240-264-3467

E-mail: ErbilACS@state.gov

• Thanks 7
  • Downvote 1

US Embassy Issues Security Alert on "Highlighted Tensions" in Iraq

BasNews   12/05/2019 - 23:52  Published in Iraq
US Embassy Issues Security Alert on "Highlighted Tensions" in Iraq

ERBIL - The United States embassy in Baghdad has issued a security alert for its citizens on "highlighted tensions" in the country as ties between Washington and Tehran have drastically escalated lately.

"The U.S. Embassy in Baghdad advises all U.S. citizens of heightened tensions in Iraq and the requirement to remain vigilant," reads a statement by the embassy.

Relations between the US and Iran began to deteriorate last year when President Donald Trump withdrew from Iran Nuclear Deal and re-imposed a new phase of sanctions on Tehran. The latter has also deployed forces to the Middle East in order to confront Iran if needed.

However, the US diplomatic facility in Baghdad also advised its citizens to take certain actions, including avoiding travel to Iraq, places known as US citizen gathering points, keeping a low profile, and being aware of their surroundings.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

Navira, I logged back on just to ask you to eleborate, LOL, looks like someone else beat me to it.  For the last several years, I've thought the RV was somehow connected to prophecy, I just can't figure out how ... can anyone out that that knows explain, or tell me where to research.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Desertmedic2009 said:

Can you elaborate please?  My simple mind can’t put two and two together. Thanks. 

14 minutes ago, navira said:

DM, wish i could elaborate more...it is just what I heard but I don't know if I believe it or not. 

I think it was by "Foot Forward ". I think it was about the nucular sites as well. Hope that helps.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Karsten said:

I would imagine this is due to the heat growing between Iran and the USA and the Threats Iran has been making.....Like closing the Strait of Hormuz, sinking the USS Abraham Lincoln and the list goes on. 

The Mullah's know all to well that the Americans will caves should Iran get there hands on a bunch of American Hostages like back in the 70's or out Sailors a few years ago.......Oh wait that was carter and more recently the spineless one that sent them all the cash in the middle of the night (might I add he never even ran that past Congress and did they care one little bit).

New Sheriff calling the shots today and he still has 19 plus M.O.A.B's at his disposal,

Karsten

They're not dealing with Jimmy Carter 

25 minutes ago, navira said:

DM, wish i could elaborate more...it is just what I heard but I don't know if I believe it or not. 

Everything you see here is prophetic 

9 minutes ago, TMills6864 said:

Navira, I logged back on just to ask you to eleborate, LOL, looks like someone else beat me to it.  For the last several years, I've thought the RV was somehow connected to prophecy, I just can't figure out how ... can anyone out that that knows explain, or tell me where to research.

"And he shall make peace with Israel for 7 years "

• Thanks 8

120867.jpg?width=750&&height=375

2019/05/12 23:50

2019/05/12 23:50

Number of readings 74

Section: Iraq

US embassy warns its citizens in Iraq: caution and anonymity

BAGHDAD / The obituary: The US embassy in Baghdad issued a warning to US citizens in Iraq, citing the increase in tension in the country. 
"We warn Americans who live in the race and ask them to take precautions," the embassy statement said on its official website on Twitter.

The US Embassy asked US citizens to take four measures to maintain their security: 
1. Not to travel to Iraq. 
2. Avoid presence in places known to be American gathering places. 
3 - not to reveal their identity. 
4 - take caution and caution of those around him.

The United States called on its citizens to communicate with the US Embassy in Iraq, in case of any emergency.

The obelisk 

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/170829/السفارة-الامريكية-تحذر-رعاياها-في-العراق-الحذر-وعدم-الكشف-عن-الهوية

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

12-05-2019 11:29 PM
no_img.png?

Baghdad:

The US Embassy in Baghdad issued a warning to US citizens in Iraq, citing the increasing tension in the country.

"We warn the American citizens who live in the race and ask them to take care and caution," the embassy statement said on its official website on Twitter on Sunday (May 12th).

The US Embassy asked  US  citizens to take four measures to maintain their security:

1 - not to travel to Iraq.

2. Avoid presence in places, known as American gathering places.

3 - not to reveal their identity.

4 - take caution and caution of those around him.

The United States called on its citizens to communicate with  the US Embassy  in Iraq, in case of any emergency.

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

Zachary Basu3 hours ago

U.S. Embassy in Baghdad issues security alert for American citizens

Pompeo with diplomats in Iraq

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo (R) walks with acting Assistant Secretary for Near Eastern Affairs at the State Department David Satterfield (L), and Charge D'affaires at the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad Joey Hood. Photo: Mandel Ngan/AFP/Getty Images

The U.S. Embassy in Baghdad on Sunday issued a security alert due to heightened tensions in Iraq, advising American citizens not to travel to Iraq, avoid places known as U.S. citizen gathering points, keep a low a profile and be aware of their surroundings.

Context: Earlier this month, Israel gave the White House information on an alleged Iranian plot to attack U.S. interests in the Gulf, prompting national security adviser John Bolton to announce that the U.S. would deploy a carrier strike group and a bomber task force to the region to send "a clear and unmistakable message." Secretary of State Mike Pompeo made an abrupt trip to Baghdad last week, which he explained was meant to reaffirm U.S. support for "a sovereign, independent" Iraq, free from the interference of neighboring Tehran.

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

NI, the only explanation I can give is that if Iran gets bombed, Iraq is going to suffer a lot because Iran is the biggest trading partner of Iraq. There are financial consequences( note: the inflation rate can be affected) when this or if this ever occurs. If it happens, Iraq will have no choice but to give purchasing power to its currency to offset what is lost....cheers all n happy mother's day

• Thanks 6
  • Upvote 4

rtr2325z-618x400.jpg

America issued a warning to its citizens in Iraq

https://www.shafaaq.com/ar/أمـن/امريكا-تصدر-تحذيرا-لرعاياها-في-العراق/

The United States Embassy in Iraq on Sunday urged US citizens to remain vigilant over what they described as mounting tensions in the country.
In a statement, the embassy advised Americans not to go to Iraq and called on those present to avoid going to areas where they were known to be present and to maintain contact with their surroundings.
US nationals in Iraq are involved in supporting security forces, humanitarian operations, archaeological excavations and a variety of economic projects.

• Upvote 4

Washington warns its citizens against traveling to Iraq

13/05/2019 12:09 AM | Number of readings:
Washington warns its citizens against traveling to Iraq

The US embassy in Baghdad issued a statement on Sunday calling on its citizens not to travel to Iraq. In the statement, the embassy advised all its citizens to be vigilant in light of rising tensions in Iraq.

"The measures to be taken are not to travel to Iraq, to avoid being in the gathering places," the statement said.

The warning comes after a surprise visit by US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to Baghdad last week after escalating tensions between Washington and Tehran, as well as sending the United States a Patriot missile defense system and aircraft carrier to the Middle East.

Edited by 6ly410
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

• yota691 changed the title to Explosion Heard near US Embassy in Baghdad
  • yota691 locked this topic