Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Claiming two years of his presidency were ‘stolen,’ Trump suggests he’s owed overtime

2 hours ago, bostonangler said:

I catch your meaning... But I don't believe the request of his taxes is for public view. Only certain committee members... And I believe those member are from both sides of the aisle.

B/A

awwwww come on...you really can't be that naïve. If Trump does as requested....30 seconds after the jackels receive said documents, somehow someway CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, etc wil be breaking into primetime to report it 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Where have you been the last previous 8 years of the last administration?????

Obama WAS doing what you accuse Trump of doing with Holder and Lynch and yet you ignore it.

You may accuse Barr of being "His guy" and yet ignore his honorable past job as an AG under another president. Barr is doing exactly what the Constitution and his job description say he can and can't do.

As for only certain committee members seeing it, what a joke. Those Democrats that  lead what people call a committee have more leaks than my kitchen sieve. And they will take that information and weaponize it to beat DT over the head for the next 2 years. 

They are fishing and want to use it as a political weapon.

And the Democrats cry because they are afraid DT will weaponize the DoJ to get them.  

Good for him. I would tell them I will show mine when they show theirs. None of them could hold up to the scrutiny that he has had to endure for the last 28 months. 

sitting on Barry's lap

• Haha 2

The liberals demanding POTUS Trumps Tax Returns is the same as the are demanding AG Barr's copy of the Mueller Report....They want to Leak what They find Damaging or Create what they can from both the Tax Returns and the Barr/Mueller Report.

The Un Redacted was Available to any and all members in a Secure Location....Viewable in Private, no Cell Phones, No Cameras....No taking the Document out of the room........Only 2 members bothered to actually enter the room to read the report and they were both GOP.....Not one flippin Democrat even bothered.....Why, they knew they couldn't Leak anything to the media as it would be hearsay plus lead right back to them. 

Same with the Tax Returns....they (the Liberals want Everyone to have a copy to dig through to find what ever they can make out as Dirt on POTUS Trump.

The Liberals are playing a very Dangerous Game of Cat and Mouse hoping to get Barr or anyone else that wont tell the Truth....The Truth "THEY" want to hear or you will be held in Contempt, You will Serve Time, Your Family will be Destroyed, and the List will go on until the Left gets the Truth They Want and Only what they want.........

Word to the wise......Know when to stop Poking the Bear, the Hornets Nest as in the end you can't stop what you asked for.......Just sayin.

Karsten

• Upvote 5

No law requires presidential candidates to release their tax returns, but history does. President Obama’s re-election campaign pressured their Republican challenger Mitt Romney to release more of his tax returns. He released one year, and one estimate’s worth.  That should suffice, said the Romney camp.

And from reading Killary didn't want to (doesn't) release her then current returns. So not illegal to refuse. 

Edited by Sage449
Spelling
  • Upvote 3

This is the last paragraph in the article Karsten posted. It’s right, spot on, especially the last sentence!!!! Thanks Karsten, keep em coming.

“The Democrats may not like the answer when all is said and done because although there may be multiple layers of plausible deniability, just seeing their asses hauled before a Senate committee and watching them squirm, or seeing Brennan, Clapper and Comey in orange jumpsuits would be sweet satisfaction for the last two and half years of the true threat to democracy they represented”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Mueller is in a bad spot.  The Dems want him to testify before Congress but if they do he will have to answer some messy questions which could put him in hot water.

”When did you know there was no RC and why did you drag it on and on and on?  Why and when did you did you decide to enlarge the scope of your Investigation to cover process crimes, tax evasion, and try to sweat anyone in President Trump’s orbit? Why did you use gestapho tactics?”  The Reps will grill him unmercifully and he deserves it.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The Pseudo-Impeachment

Democrats hold show trials rather than vote to oust the President.

House Democrats are escalating their campaign against the Trump Administration with complaints that its resistance to Congressional requests for documents is a threat to democracy. It’s more accurate to say that Democrats are performing what amounts to a pseudo-impeachment so they don’t have to undertake a real one.

Democrats are agonizing over impeachment because while they’re itching to do it, special counsel Robert Mueller’s report blew up their Russian collusion hopes. He also took no position on obstruction of justice while reporting a highly critical “analysis” of President Trump’s actions. Democrats now find themselves caught between a left-wing base that says they’ll abdicate their duty if they don’t impeach and Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s cold-blooded calculation that it could cost their majority in 2020.

What to do? Democrats have decided to act out a pseudo-impeachment that claims Mr. Trump and his Administration are committing offenses against the Constitution without daring to open a formal impeachment inquiry. The split-level goal is to appease the left while sparing the swing-district Democrats who delivered the 2018 majority from ever having to vote on articles of impeachment.

The problem with this play-acting is that it has Democrats fulminating about actions that aren’t even misdemeanors, much less high crimes. Exhibit A is Judiciary Chairman Jerrold Nadler’s threat to hold Attorney General William Barr in contempt for failing to turn over the entire Mueller report to Congress. 

Yet Mr. Barr has been as accommodating as the law allows. He made the entire report public with light redactions though he didn’t have to release any of it under the law. He has let senior Members of Congress review redacted material in private, though no Democrats have taken him up on the offer. 

The exception is grand-jury information that Mr. Barr can’t release without a judge’s order if relevant to specific legal investigations. A judge isn’t supposed to open such testimony to Members of Congress for general oversight, though it might get it as part of a formal impeachment proceeding.

How is Mr. Barr obstructing Congress by providing access to nearly all of the Mueller report, and 99.9% of the section on obstruction of justice? Mr. Nadler is threatening to sue Mr. Barr to get the rest, but we’ll go out on a limb and predict he has no chance of winning in court. Even if a liberal judge agrees, the decision would be overturned on appeal. 

These executive-Congress disputes are typically settled by negotiation, and on Tuesday Judiciary staffers of both parties met with representatives from Justice to discuss an accommodation. We’re told Justice offered to allow a dozen more staffers to review the less-redacted report, to take and keep notes, and to allow those who have viewed the report in camera to discuss it with one another. 

The question is whether this will be enough for Mr. Nadler to postpone the contempt vote he has so recklessly set for Wednesday. If Mr. Nadler proceeds with contempt, we’ll know it’s one more act of the pseudo-impeachment production. The vote will feed the liberal outrage machine and throw up the appearance of wrongdoing. But a contempt vote won’t matter in practice because a U.S. Attorney is unlikely to act on it and file charges. 

Perhaps Mr. Nadler will send the sergeant-at-arms to arrest Mr. Barr, which would make for an interesting showdown with the federal marshals who protect the AG. Even if Mr. Nadler were cynical enough to try such a stunt, most Americans would see it as one more sign of the Democratic obsession with investigations instead of legislative achievement.

The real offense against the Constitution here is by Democrats. Oversight of the executive branch is an important Congressional power, but the Supreme Court has said it should be related to Congress’s legislative function or constitutional duty. It can’t merely be a trawling exercise to see what nasty details they can find to score political points and discredit a President before the 2020 election.

If Chairman Nadler wants to continue his Mueller fixation, he should announce that he is beginning formal impeachment proceedings. Impeachment is a legitimate Congressional power, and at least the public would then understand what Congress is up to and could judge the effort. If Democrats really believe Mr. Trump is a threat to the Constitution, they should file articles of impeachment and have every Member vote on them. 

That’s the path of accountability. The current pseudo-impeachment is a fraud on the Constitution and the American public. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-pseudo-impeachment-11557271242

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Just another little something to drop right here.....The GOP Needs to start a full court press and get to the bottom of this mess......One rolls and they all roll as killary start the Suicide back up plan before someone drops a dime on her.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/442278-james-comey-is-in-trouble-and-he-knows-it?fbclid=IwAR2po9uWK4H8MJzYLhyFfRYRSJykH4MzxpaeKG-erhWAUN_frzp956Sdx20

Karsten

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

53 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Mueller is in a bad spot.  The Dems want him to testify before Congress but if they do he will have to answer some messy questions which could put him in hot water.

”When did you know there was no RC and why did you drag it on and on and on?  Why and when did you did you decide to enlarge the scope of your Investigation to cover process crimes, tax evasion, and try to sweat anyone in President Trump’s orbit? Why did you use gestapho tactics?”  The Reps will grill him unmercifully and he deserves it.  

and,  where did the dossier come from, who purchased it, , the trail it took and the leaks. 

Trump says he does not want Mueller to testify and I believe he says that so the Democrats will do the opposite of what he wants. Then there is the fisa warrant and who lied about that. I want equal investigation, doors being broken down and all in the middle of the night! Lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

12 hours ago, bostonangler said:

I catch your meaning... But I don't believe the request of his taxes is for public view. Only certain committee members... And I believe those member are from both sides of the aisle.

B/A

You're  being disingenuous at best, lying at worse. The Dems wouldn't even read Trumps tax returns before leaking 

them to the media. And you do understand that if someone like Donald Trump was doing anything shady with his 

tax returns the IRS would have been all over him LOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGG before now, right? 
But carry on with this insanity of the loony lefties, it's playing right into Trumps hands for what he's really 

wanting to do. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Well records show he was the biggest loser between 1985 and 1994... Losing over a BILLION... So I think my idea he doesn't want to release his latest taxes because they will show he is not as wealthy as he pretends to be, is probably a good guess. He has his followers thinking he is a great businessman, but at least early in his business life he was a failure... I wonder what else he has lied about... LOL Ha Ha Ha… What a maroon!

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

Was going to invite you to the Panama City Beach, Florida , Trump Rally! "Tonight", Sorry BA, all the 50,000 tickets are gone. Might be able to catch it on You Tube. Or maybe catch an evening with the Clintons, hearing there tickets or 2 bucks, or free if you do not have the funds! FWIW, just trying to help!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Well records show he was the biggest loser between 1985 and 1994... Losing over a BILLION... So I think my idea he doesn't want to release his latest taxes because they will show he is not as wealthy as he pretends to be, is probably a good guess. He has his followers thinking he is a great businessman, but at least early in his business life he was a failure... I wonder what else he has lied about... LOL Ha Ha Ha… What a maroon!

B/A

Not that I consider my self a rich man by any means, but I can admit some of my investments have NOT panned out and I've lost my shorts. My guess that's not unusual. And my guess would be most like myself pick themselves up and try again. That is unless your of the blame someone else for your failures and expect others to pay? Sadly many americans fall into this category

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

Not that I consider my self a rich man by any means, but I can admit some of my investments have NOT panned out and I've lost my shorts. My guess that's not unusual. And my guess would be most like myself pick themselves up and try again. That is unless your of the blame someone else for your failures and expect others to pay? Sadly many americans fall into this category

I too have made bad investments, but I don't go out and tell the world I'm the greatest... I don't go out and lie about my wealth. I just think he is not worth nearly what he would like you to think. He is not a big enough man to admit any downfalls. If that is an attribute you admire, then you have made the right choice.

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

B/A

@bostonangler,

You have shown your bias here in this post. Your only justification for Trump to show his tax records is because you believe he lost a $1 billion over 3.5 decades ago? Do you realize how petty and Political this justification for forcing Trump to hand over personal records appears to the general public?

I hope the Dems continue to push their irrational behavior: 1) holding Barr in contempt, 2) subpoena for unredacted Mueller Report, 3) Impeachment proceedings, 4) over reaction to Trump behavior and tweets?

It is a thing of beauty to watch Trump play the LEFT like a Stradivarious Violin...they are his pawns in his chess game.

giphy.gif&ehk=Vyn32WVo6eh%2Bl9BG81XEJA

Indy

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

37 minutes ago, Indraman said:

@bostonangler,

You have shown your bias here in this post. Your only justification for Trump to show his tax records is because you believe he lost a $1 billion over 3.5 decades ago? Do you realize how petty and Political this justification for forcing Trump to hand over personal records appears to the general public?

I hope the Dems continue to push their irrational behavior: 1) holding Barr in contempt, 2) subpoena for unredacted Mueller Report, 3) Impeachment proceedings, 4) over reaction to Trump behavior and tweets?

It is a thing of beauty to watch Trump play the LEFT like a Stradivarious Violin...they are his pawns in his chess game.

giphy.gif&ehk=Vyn32WVo6eh%2Bl9BG81XEJA

Indy

I think American voters have a right to know who they are voting for.... His actions speak louder than returns... JMHO

The only thing Trump is playing are American voters.... 

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 5

3 hours ago, bostonangler said:

, but I don't go out and tell the world I'm the greatest..

Its not against the law to proclaim you are great. In case you didn’t know, NYC went through a horrible recession which helped cause Trumps loses. If you would do a little research you would know he made a great comeback and was proclaimed “the Comeback Kid” by the NYT. 

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2